Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,689 members, 7,834,292 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. (1662 Views)

What Are The Consequences Of Accommodating A Girl As A Young Guy? / Was It A Mistake To Allow Women Get Educated? Graphic picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 8:58am On Nov 29, 2022
In recent years, more and more women are choosing to marry later in life. This is a trend that is becoming increasingly popular, but it is not without its consequences.

One of the main reasons why women are marrying later is because of their increased focus on careers and education. With the rise of women in the workplace, it has become more socially acceptable for women to focus on their careers before marriage. This has led to women prioritizing their education and career goals before they even consider marriage.

However, this trend has some serious consequences. It means that women are reaching childbearing age without having had the chance to establish a stable relationship. This means that they may have difficulty conceiving when they eventually do decide to marry, which can lead to further complications. Additionally, it can be difficult for women to have children in their late 30s or early 40s, as the risk of miscarriage and other complications increases significantly with age.

The solution to this problem is for women to focus on their relationships as well as their career. This means that women should make time to invest in their relationships, even if they are busy with their career. Additionally, women should be aware of their age and the risks associated with having children at an advanced age.

The economic implications of this trend are also significant. With more women delaying marriage, the divorce rate is increasing. This can lead to greater economic hardship for both parties involved, as well as for any children affected by the divorce.

Finally, the impact of later marriage on mental health is concerning. Studies have shown that women who wait to get married until after their mid-30s are at greater risk of depression. This is likely due to the added stress and pressure of trying to balance a career and a marriage at an older age.

While there are many factors driving the trend of later marriage, the consequences are far-reaching. From economic strain to mental health concerns, the decision to wait to get married should not be taken lightly.

It is important for women to remember that marriage should not be put off until later in life. While it is important to focus on your career and education, it is also important to make sure that your relationship and family life do not get neglected in the process. With the right balance, women can have the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Tboymessiah(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Slawomirr: 9:02am On Nov 29, 2022
Damnnn niggar

A good write up though

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Medianna(f): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2022
Well said!!!
Even though everyone have his/her time in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2022
Medianna:
Well said!!!
Even though everyone have his/her time in life.

Can you please explain this.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Uchesis: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2022
Must every woman get married?
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Kiddogarcia(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2022
Anything wey Una agree last last.
Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 10:28am On Nov 29, 2022
Uchesis:
Must every woman get married?

No, women are not required to get married. It is a personal choice and some women opt to stay single or choose to marry later in life. But there are consequences to these decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Newworldorder22: 10:31am On Nov 29, 2022
U didn't even mention the risk and high chances of having fibroid if a lady delays getting pregnant

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by virginprincess(f): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by headbasher96(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2022
No woman is marrying late because of career and education na hookup and olosho work and i no go suffer syndrome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2022
Newworldorder22:
U didn't even mention the risk and high chances of having fibroid if a lady delays getting pregnant

I am glad you did.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2022
headbasher96:
No woman is marrying late because of career and education na hookup and olosho work and i no go suffer syndrome

I think it is technically the same.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by headbasher96(m): 11:02am On Nov 29, 2022
oyalunasam88:

thank god u know
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by headbasher96(m): 11:12am On Nov 29, 2022
oyalunasam88:

well its a little bit true though but most are looking for successful not knowing a lady can build her man to her taste come to igbo land and see single ladys from 30 to 40 still hoping to get married to rich men with cars nolly wood don finish them all

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Solofresh2: 11:50am On Nov 29, 2022
virginprincess:
Hmmmmm
what do you have to say about this undecided
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Uchesis: 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
oyalunasam88:

No, women are not required to get married. It is a personal choice and some women opt to stay single or choose to marry later in life. But there are consequences to these decisions.
and what are the consequences pls?
and don't tell me its children because you don't need to marry before you can have a child
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Uchesis: 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2022
Newworldorder22:
even women with children too can suffer fibroid

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
Uchesis:

and what are the consequences pls?
and don't tell me its children because you don't need to marry before you can have a child

The consequences of not getting married vary depending on the individual's circumstances. For some people, not getting married may mean a lack of financial and emotional stability, as well as missing out on certain legal benefits associated with marriage. Other potential consequences include not having children, not having a partner to share life's experiences with, and possibly feeling a sense of loneliness.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Uchesis: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
oyalunasam88:

The consequences of not getting married vary depending on the individual's circumstances. For some people, not getting married may mean a lack of financial and emotional stability, as well as missing out on certain legal benefits associated with marriage. Other potential consequences include not having children, not having a partner to share life's experiences with, and possibly feeling a sense of loneliness.
Remove not having children. because some married couples dont have children

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 5:30am On Nov 30, 2022
Uchesis:

Remove not having children. because some married couples dont have children

I see you have a problem with comprehension.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Beautiful94: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2022
headbasher96:
Sometimes it is better to close your mouth. If the women in your life dey do olosho some of us don't.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Beautiful94: 6:16am On Nov 30, 2022
What the poster said is very true. I am currently 28 and sometimes i am scared particularly after a friend told me she developed fibroid. Though i do not wish to be alone, i do not wish to marry just anybody and i believe so many women are on this too.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2022
Beautiful94:
What the poster said is very true. I am currently 28 and sometimes i am scared particularly after a friend told me she developed fibroid. Though i do not wish to be alone, i do not wish to marry just anybody and i believe so many women are on this too.

I will be glad if we can talk about it. You can write me an email.
Oyaluna.samuel88@gmail.com i hope to read from you.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by headbasher96(m): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2022
Beautiful94:

Sometimes it is better to close your mouth. If the women in your life dey do olosho some of us don't.
all una na hoelosho the last dick wey u Bleep shey the bala blu don pay your bride prize abi
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 8:53am On Nov 30, 2022
headbasher96:
all una na hoelosho the last dick wey u Bleep shey the bala blu don pay your bride prize abi

Stop this! This is such an irresponsible statement. I know you can do better than this.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by Beautiful94: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2022
headbasher96:
Hoelosho like your mother
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by headbasher96(m): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2022
Beautiful94:

Hoelosho like your mother
ok no wahala since u don assimilate i rest my case
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by headbasher96(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2022
oyalunasam88:

Stop this! This is such an irresponsible statement. I know you can do better than this.
hahahaha i no get joy abeg
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by InfinityFabric: 9:23am On Nov 30, 2022
oyalunasam88:

Can you please explain this.
- It's a coping mechanism for women who wasted their youth, and now regretting.
- It's also what the married girl say to her unmarried friends to console them.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by InfinityFabric: 9:46am On Nov 30, 2022
it has become more socially acceptable for women to focus on their careers before marriage
Where ? By whom ? I don't think most people are marrying 30+ yo women.

It is important for women to remember that marriage should not be put off until later in life.
Correct, for women.
For men it's a different story.

While it is important to focus on your career and education,
Is it tho ?

it is also important to make sure that your relationship and family life do not get neglected in the process.
That's too much work for them. Only them career, relationship, then family. Una wan kill them.

With the right balance, women can have the best of both worlds.
No they can't.
There's a difference between career and job. Women can have a job and family but NOT a career.
Women with career sacrifices having a (stable) family.

My advice:
- FIND a man that will take of you between the ages of 18 and 24
- Try not to be a liability and no get big mouth.
Re: Why Women Get Married Late And The Consequences. by oyalunasam88: 10:07am On Nov 30, 2022
InfinityFabric:

[s][s]Where ? By whom ? I don't think most people are marrying 30+ yo women.
[/s]

[s]Correct, for women.
For men it's a different story.[/s]

Is it tho ?

[s]That's too much work for them. Only them career, relationship, then family. Una wan kill them.[/s]

[s]No they can't.
There's a difference between career and job. Women can have a job and family but NOT a career.
Women with career sacrifices having a (stable) family.[/s]

[s]My advice:
- FIND a man that will take of you between the ages of 18 and 24
- Try not to be a liability and no get big mouth.[/s]
[/s]

Nigerians always trying to stay relevant and politically in a conversation. Bro you sound like you have a problem with comprehension.

(1) (Reply)

Why Does My Friend Hate Seeing Photos Of Me On Face / This Is The 2nd Time I Am being Scammed On Nairaland / Is Sêx Necessary During Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.