Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH (147552 Views)

Buhari Rumoured To Have Met Jonathan’s Loyalists In Paris - PMNewsnigeria.com / 23 LG Chairmen Follow Wamakko To APC •why We Met Jonathan In Aso Rock -G5 Govern / The Night Buhari Met Jonathan Face-to-face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by seunmsg(m): 8:58am On Aug 01, 2015
This thread will remain very relevant for the next 4 years. It will be used to shut the mouth of the group that usually play the marginalisation and victim card. What goes around comes around. Karma is indeed a biatch.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Super1Star: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2015
Their Drunken Master of Otuoke started the marginalization method of presidency and it must continue under Buhari.

They will wail for the next 4years. Someone should advise them to calm down before they run out of tears by December 2015.

I run through the thread gave me a new sense of satisfaction for booting the daft Mandela of Otuoke out of power. I now realised while South Beasterners are more pained by the loss, more than Jonah-daft himself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Super1Star: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2015
seunmsg:
This thread will remain very relevant for the next 4 years. It will be used to shut the mouth of the group that usually play the marginalisation and victim card. What goes around comes around. Karma is indeed a biatch.

Please always bring back this thread at least every quarter for the next 4years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
Were Yorubas not part of PDP
GEJ won the SW by a margin of 2.4 million and the North Central by 1.5 million.
http://www.nigerianmuse.com/20110419040622zg/sections/general-articles/details-of-2011-presidential-election-results-in-nigeria/
So the Yoruba were perfectly entitled to make demands WITHIN PDP

We have a tribalist who hates Yoruba that wants to pretend to be a moderate reasonable fellow fooling no one but himself

By the same logic now ONLY APC states should benefit from the centre which of course EXCLUDES the entire South East we shall keep Imo under probation?

Yoruba na labour party, ACN, etc. They were mostly not pdp. So they obviously can't get senate pres, deputy senate p, and house of reps leadership.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by vicenzo(m): 9:38am On Aug 01, 2015
chuna1985:

Yoruba na labour party, ACN, etc. They were mostly not pdp. So they obviously can't get senate pres, deputy senate p, and house of reps leadership.

Mulikat Akande was presented by GEJ for speaker position. Tinubu fearing the rise of another political giant, kicked against Mulikat, rallied his Yoruba troops and sided with Tambuwal.

Mind you that the highest political post Ndiigbo held in GEJ era was Deputy Senate president.

So, how exactly were the Yorubas schemed out of the top 6 position?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 9:48am On Aug 01, 2015
chuna1985:

They were mostly ACN ? but Jonathan won EVERY single Yoruba state in 2011 except Osun where he still got 25% .Please shut up if you do not know what to say

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 9:48am On Aug 01, 2015
chuna1985:

They were mostly ACN ? but Jonathan won EVERY single Yoruba state in 2011 except Osun where he still got more that the statutory 25% .Please shut up if you do not know what to say

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2015
Yorubas make me laugh honestly, very myopic set of people. Please tell me what the Yorubas have gained from this Government? All the juicy positions are being shared among Northerners while the Yorubas are made the "ALARIWO" of the North. This is very shameful for a zone who did all the hard work of re-branding and campaign that brought the Government to power.

I'll rather be without any position than be a spokesperson of an old illiterate. Tinubu must be feeling sorry for himself right now.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:54am On Aug 01, 2015
Super1Star:
Their Drunken Master of Otuoke started the marginalization method of presidency and it must continue under Buhari.

They will wail for the next 4years. Someone should advise them to calm down before they run out of tears by December 2015.

I run through the thread gave me a new sense of satisfaction for booting the daft Mandela of Otuoke out of power. I now realised while South Beasterners are more pained by the loss, more than Jonah-daft himself.

Are we not wailing together?
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 9:56am On Aug 01, 2015
Yorubas do not see government to be about juiciness as Eboes do otherwise they would have sold out as Eboes did in 1960 and 1979 just to get "JUICY" positions.

Anyway The Vice President and Senate President are two gentlemen called Yemi Osinbajo and OluBukola Adebisi Alabuwale Saraki.

both of whom Are Eboes from Abakaliki

The Chief of Defence staff is Abayomi Olonisakin another Eboe from Onitsha

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
They were mostly ACN ? but Jonathan won EVERY single Yoruba state in 2011 except Osun where he still got more that the statutory 25% .Please shut up if you do not know what to say

Yoruba voted gej in 2011 because dey did not want to vote a dull@rd.

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2015
chuna1985:

Yoruba voted gej in 2011 because dey did not want to vote a dull@rd.

You are a dullard,get out of my face

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2015
huangcheng:
Yorubas make me laugh honestly, very myopic set of people. Please tell me what the Yorubas have gained from this Government? All the juicy positions are being shared among Northerners while the Yorubas are made the "ALARIWO" of the North. This is very shameful for a zone who did all the hard work of re-branding and campaign that brought the Government to power.

I'll rather be without any position than be a spokesperson of an old illiterate. Tinubu must be feeling sorry for himself right now.

That is exactly my point.The dullard is busy allocating all the posts to his abo.ki brothers while handing over to them scraps and they are rejoicing that igbos have been marginalized not knowing there are worse hit
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 10:17am On Aug 01, 2015
vicenzo:

Mulikat Akande was presented by GEJ for speaker position. Tinubu fearing the rise of another political giant, kicked against Mulikat, rallied his Yoruba troops and sided with Tambuwal.

Mind you that the highest political post Ndiigbo held in GEJ era was Deputy Senate president.

So, how exactly were the Yorubas schemed out of the top 6 position?

You should shout it far, wide and louder

Notwithstanding their rejection of one of theirs GEJ made Mulikat Akande from SW the majority leader of the 7th Senate

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
Yorubas do not see government to be about juiciness as Eboes do otherwise they would have sold out as Eboes did in 1960 and 1979 just to get "JUICY" positions.

Anyway The Vice President and Senate President are two gentlemen called Yemi Osinbajo and OluBukola Adebisi Alabuwale Saraki.

You're deluded my friend. The post of a VP and Senate President is not an appointed position, it is in fact an elective one. That is, Buhari did not cede those position to the Yorubas but rather they were elected by all Nigerians into those offices. It is important to note however, that the Speaker of the house Bukola Saraki was elected into office by mostly PDP senators of which majority of them are Igbos. So we could say that the Igbos gave Saraki the speaker-ship position and not Buhari.

So far the Yorubas have not benefited anything and it is shameful to say the least. Remove sentiments and look at it holistically, even Tinubu wouldn't agree with your sentiment as it's clear he isn't happy about this development.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are a dullard,get out of my face

I didn't say ur a dullard. But if u want to be it, so be it.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by M16: 10:26am On Aug 01, 2015
KARMA is a B.I.T.C.H. Wow wondering why this thread was running currently until i started reading through. Let's make a duty to always bring it up whenever their wailing their so called woes. Hypocrites of the highest order. They should head to Otuoke to meet their leader and Nobel laureate by the creek.
Una never cry

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2015
huangcheng:

You're deluded my friend. The post of a VP and Senate President is not an appointed position, it is in fact an elective one. That is, Buhari did not cede those position to the Yorubas but rather they were elected by all Nigerians into those offices. It is important to note however, that the Speaker of the house Bukola Saraki was elected into office by mostly PDP senators of which majority of them are Igbos. So we could say that the Igbos gave Saraki the speaker-ship position and not Buhari.

So far the Yorubas have not benefited anything and it is shameful to say the least. Remove sentiments and look at it holistically, even Tinubu wouldn't agree with your sentiment as it's clear he isn't happy about this development.
We did not vote for JUICY positions. That is the Eboe mind set go and study the Yoruba history in Nigerian Politics . In 1979 Eboes were VP and HOR Speaker . Yorubas were content to be in opposition. Yoruba will be happy for Eboes to have ALL positions as long as the Next seaports are built in SW,the economic capital remains in SW,the media centre remains in the SW and the education centre
Even Jonathan was confused as to how the facility for building FPSO terminals was located in (you guessed right SW ) under his nose with Dieziani as Oil Minister and belatedly tried to move it to Bayelsa in the final days of his doomed governmtre remains in the SW. We are more interested in WHAT projects come to our zone than who occupies what position. We are not foolish.As long as the first operational free trade zone is in our zone etc you can have all those positions . Just like you did under GEJ who deceived you about second Niger bridge while approving the NEW seaport for Lagos etc we are cool with that. Lekki seaport,Lekki Refinery(the largest in the world) .Lekki free trade zone,Badagry Sea port, Olokola Gas, Ogun Industrial zone etcent.Guess what,it is staying in the SW that is what matters not "JUICY" positions that are only juicy for the person holding the post and his family

We want development not positions. The ONE position that Jonathan decided to give us ,Minister of Agriculture has done well for us in the SW.

What did Stella Oduah for SE ,Enugu International Airport grin grin I laugh in flooded runway and leaky roofs. I laugh in BMW

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2015
huangcheng:

You're deluded my friend. The post of a VP and Senate President is not an appointed position, it is in fact an elective one.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Flyoruboy(m): 10:49am On Aug 01, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

You should shout it far, wide and louder

Notwithstanding their rejection of one of theirs GEJ made Mulikat Akande from SW the majority leader of the 7th Senate

If we are to go by your crass logic, then going by the way Jonathan's gov't treated the Yorubas who voted en masse for him, then the igbos who out rightly rejected Buhari should not even expect anything at all from this government then. Abi naw?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
We did not vote for JUICY positions. That is the Eboe mind set go and study the Yoruba history in Nigerian Politics . In 1979 Eboes were VP and HOR Speaker . Yorubas were content to be in opposition. Yoruba will be happy for Eboes to have ALL positions as long as the Next seaports are built in SW,the economic capital remains in SW,the media centre remains in the SW and the education centre remains in the SW. We are more interested in WHAT projects come to our zone than who occupies what position. We are not foolish.As long as the first operational free trade zone is in our zone etc you can have all those positions . Just like you did under GEJ who deceived you about second Niger bridge while approving the NEW seaport for Lagos etc we are cool with that. Lekki seaport,Lekki Refinery(the largest in the world) .Lekki free trade zone,Badagry Sea port, Olokola Gas, Ogun Industrial zone etc

Well your elders obviously don't agree with you. Like i said, you're deluded. Lagos economy which you guys like to term "SW" is not controlled by Yorubas. It has long been taken over by non-indigene because of your Obas propensity for quick cash sales. If Lagos was left to the Yorubas it will look just a little better than Osogbo the land of rustic roof. Also current statistics on education has shown that SW comes far behind SS after SE took the 1st position. What else? Free trade zone? Really?

#Gerrarahere
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2015
huangcheng:

Well your elders obviously don't agree with you. Like i said, you're deluded. Lagos economy which you guys like to term "SW" is not controlled by Yorubas. It has long been taken over by non-indigene because of your Obas propensity for quick cash sales. If Lagos was left to the Yorubas it will look just a little better than Osogbo the land of rustic roof. Also current statistics on education has shown that SW comes far behind SS after SE took the 1st position. What else? Free trade zone? Really?

#Gerrarahere
Keep consoling yourself,
Let those non -indigenes go and develop their own regions since it is so easy . Let them build a Niger bridge and seaport, Let them move the FPSO facility to Bayelsa as Jonathan was trying to do in his final days. https://www.nairaland.com/2315272/jonathan-orders-500m-oil-projectYou can have all the positions and yes please come and continue developing Lagos grin.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:

Stop grasping at straws. If the only appointment befitting of the SW whose media re-branded a known tyrant and whose state fund was used to finance Buhari's campaign is a mere Chief of defense staff, then i'm sorry to say that Yoruba people are MAGA per capita. Meanwhile their Hausa counterpart has already rewarded themselves with 18 juicy positions plus one "ALARIWO". So SW civil servants are dying of hunger today because their salaries was used to sponsor Buhari only to be rewarded with 1 CDS.. Chai.. SMH...

I don't want to believe what some Nairalanders say of Yorubas, i don't want to believe that their slave status is indeed very real.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 11:09am On Aug 01, 2015
Flyoruboy:

If we are to go by your crass logic, then going by the way Jonathan's gov't treated the Yorubas who voted en masse for him, then the igbos who out rightly rejected Buhari should not even expect anything at all from this government then. Abi naw?

Stop being ridiculous, tell me what sector the Southwest was neglected during GEJ administration?

Key Ministry, Army, Police, Civil service, NNPC, Oil & Gas, Maritime, which area of government was Southwest neglected.

Your problem is this fixation on the Southeast and which office they occupy when they are not even in-charge of any Executive power since return to democracy in 1999.

It's quite unfortunate Southwest (Political and Economic class) don't compete rather they eliminate competition in its entirety as to strive.

I understand it is a taboo in Southwest for a southwesterner to deputize his Southeast counterpart in any political office or public service in Nigeria.

It's quite unfortunate.

Ordinarily I don't engage in issues bothering on supremacy unless it becomes essential and unavoidable.

My Prayer will also be a sharing formula where each of Nigeria's six regions get one each for every six items shared only in political and public offices while merit (the best of bests) is applied in others

Good bye.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
Keep consoling yourself,
Let those non -indigenes go and develop their own regions since it is so easy . Let them build a Niger bridge and seaport, Let them move the FPSO facility to Bayelsa as Jonathan was trying to do in his final days. https://www.nairaland.com/2315272/jonathan-orders-500m-oil-projectYou can have all the positions and yes please come and continue developing Lagos grin.

LOL... Everyday i pass through Ojodu Berger and see those BIG buses bringing my people from the East into our colony LAGOS, i say "VERY GOOD, BRING THEM ALL HERE LET'S TAKE OVER THE PLACE." I myself have taken over a piece of land here in Lagos. If any yoruba man should stray into my property knowingly or unknowingly, i'll shoot him on sight for unlawful invasion of Igbo territory.

We're not developing Lagos, we are taking it over... and what are you going to do about it except to WAIL and gnash you teeth?
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:14am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:

Saraki is Fulani from Mali, Oloye himself confirmed that.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Saraki is Fulani from Mali, Oloye himself confirmed that.
No ,not true he is Eboe from Abakaliki

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:17am On Aug 01, 2015
huangcheng:

LOL... Everyday i pass through Ojodu Berger and see those BIG buses bringing my people from the East into our colony LAGOS, i say "VERY GOOD, BRING THEM ALL HERE LET'S TAKE OVER THE PLACE." I myself have taken over a piece of land here in Lagos. If any yoruba man should stray into my property knowingly or unknowingly, i'll shoot him on sight for unlawful invasion of Igbo territory.

We're not developing Lagos, we are taking it over... and what are you going to do about it except to WAIL and gnash you teeth?
Ok if that makes you feel good. But what about the 2nd Niger Bridge,what is the latest?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
Ok if that makes you feel good. But what about the 2nd Niger Bridge,what is the latest?

There has always been a Niger bridge, it's not like we swim across the river so i don't get why Yorubas are fixated on the 2nd bridge. Where is Lekki deep sea port? Where is 4th mainland bridge? Where is Eko International airport? Where are the speed trains? Those are things you should be worried about.

Anyway here is a recent update on 2nd Niger bridge. I hope you have data to watch a video because Yorubas hardly buy data grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Jo2-CCSQU
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by docsholz(m): 11:24am On Aug 01, 2015
Nigerians generalise a lot
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2015
huangcheng:

There has always been a Niger bridge, it's not like we swim across the river so why are Yorubas fixated on the 2nd bridge? Where is Lekki deep sea port? Where is 4th mainland bridge? Where is Eko International airport? Where are the speed trains?

Anyway here is a recent update on 2nd Niger bridge. I hope you have data to watch a video because Yorubas hardly buy data grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Jo2-CCSQU

2nd Niger bridge IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
2nd Niger bridge IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Go read your books small boy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (84) (Reply)

Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Election Results With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.