Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH (147758 Views)

Buhari Rumoured To Have Met Jonathan’s Loyalists In Paris - PMNewsnigeria.com / 23 LG Chairmen Follow Wamakko To APC •why We Met Jonathan In Aso Rock -G5 Govern / The Night Buhari Met Jonathan Face-to-face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by seunmsg(m): 4:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

Words on marble. This your comment should be framed and kept only to be used as a good response once your brothers start complaining of marginalisation by the incoming government. Five years is a short time indeed.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sunofgod:
GEJ should have just chased them out of the room.

Why even answer their questions.

SMH
Who is chasing who

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.
Day don break

20 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
PointB:
@Topic,

If Yoruba feel marginalised, they should hold ACN responsible for siding with Tambuwal to deny them of the House Speakership slot. GEJ did all he could, but the myopic ACN leaders decided to sell to the highest bidder - the IBB-Atiku backed Tambuwal.

'I dey laff oooo,' says Obasanjo who did not deem is necessary to fix any road during his 8 year tenure, but wanted a third term!

Me too I dey laff ooo, but in marginalisation grin grin grin grin
I laugh in CHANGE

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
naijaking1:
If the president is smart, and I believe he is, he will never marginalize the Yorubas or the SW.

The stability of this country was based on a tripodal arrangement between the north, east, and west at Independence. The current political instability is a result of neglecting this principle since after the civil as a way of punishing Igbos, ironically, the north grew too big, the south(west and east) grew smaller and weaker.

As Onye Igbo, I know that while Yoruba marginalization may be benefitial on the short run, on the long run, we'll loose more if Yoruba muscles are allowed to atrophy, and the Hausa muscle hypertrophies. For a start, the Igbos will loose an opportunity for a healthy and reasonable competition in academics, economy, and sporting events if the Yorubas are marginalized.

Let me also say that the majority of Yorubas, at least those in Government since after the war didn't see any thing wrong with marginalizing Igbos for their own short term gain, but we don't have to make the same mistake.

The Yoruba should be made chief judge, Speaker of the House, or attorney general, we must focus on the tripodal structure not the current lopsided state arrangements designed by the Hausa military to maxmize Hausa benefit from the federal government.
In 1979 9 years after the Civil war we had the first Election. Vice President Alex Ekwueme Joe Wayas Senate President Edwin Ume Ezeoke Speaker House of Reps .Yoruba Nothing.

The Eboes have perpetually peddled the falsehood of how the Yorubas have prospered from being in government while Eboes were marginalized.Facts do not lie

Yorubas are patient and open hearted. A loving ,accommodating and magnanimous people.We do not believe anyone can hold us back and have no need to hold anyone back

WHO WERE THOSE YORUBAS IN GOVERNMENT AFTER THE CIVIL WAR certainly Not Udoji( the first chairman of the stock exchange) or Ukpabi Asika??

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Mynd44: 3:21am On Apr 30, 2015
Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.
Smh...it is unfortunate that this talk os coming from you bro.

So are we to say this is why this administration did not fix any thing in this area and yet you folks wonder why he lost?

Fortunately, the incoming government won't be as myopic as the fans of the outgoing and they should run an all inclusive government else I will be on their tails very fast and scream bloody murder

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 7:51am On May 02, 2015
Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized. The Yoruba deserve nothing

Parade don change gear now

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by NewNigeriaMind: 1:01pm On May 02, 2015
Here we are five years latter and the real cameloens and hateful tribe in Nigeria are back to their vomit.

The worst thing that happen to person in this world is to be born igbo

34 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Naijiant: 2:00pm On May 02, 2015
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Mariory(m): 11:35pm On May 02, 2015
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by StOla: 9:56am On May 03, 2015
The negative half cycle is over and the positive half cycle now begins.

However, we must remember that it is a cycle, so make the most of it while you have the token.

As for the bigoted comments, this thread has been bookmarked to serve as a source of rejoinder when some conveniently forget their hitherto opinions.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Mariory(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2015
bump.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by AWONEYAN(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2015
Which tribes are now crying for positions ,SSG, FCT minister,, holding meetings with GMB, even though dey did not vote for him.
Lesson of life....#becareful of ur statements today, no one knows tomoro.

17 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IGBOSON2: 9:38pm On May 03, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Which tribes are now crying for positions ,SSG, FCT minister,, holding meetings with GMB, even though dey did not vote for him.
Lesson of life....#becareful of ur statements today, no one knows tomoro.

^^^Which 'tribes' did you have in mind?
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by superstar1(m): 9:44pm On May 03, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Which 'tribes' did you have in mind?

y1bos.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by superstar1(m): 9:48pm On May 03, 2015
How shallow and myopic can some people from the east of the Niger be.

Definitely the red mud has blocked their eyes, thereby limiting their vision.

5years is indeed a very small time.

Thread bookmarked for some idiotic bush babies, that will soon start whining about marginalisation, writing letters to UN and ICC.

23 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 03, 2015
this article is since 2011, why are we still commenting on it?
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by NewNigeriaMind: 9:56pm On May 03, 2015
teeowl:
this article is since 2011, why are we still commenting on it?

Because it serves as a reminder to the two faced haters in the south of Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by NewNigeriaMind: 9:59pm On May 03, 2015
Mynd44:

Smh...it is unfortunate that this talk os coming from you bro.

So are we to say this is why this administration did not fix any thing in this area and yet you folks wonder why he lost?

Fortunately, the incoming government won't be as myopic as the fans of the outgoing and they should run an all inclusive government else I will be on their tails very fast and scream bloody murder

When people stand for nothing except their selfish self's, it's a matter of time before karma catches up.

To think the bigot was once a mod.

14 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by NewNigeriaMind: 10:02pm On May 03, 2015
chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.

You see how miserable your life has become.

Just five years later your elders are on their hands and kneels begging not to be marginalised.

Karma is a bitch.

Miserable low life

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by NewNigeriaMind: 10:14pm On May 03, 2015
aljharem:
this people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

they all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master

And that Tinubu has chased your miserable low life tribe out of Aso rock, just four years later

You will forever be beneath.

The evil you wished for others is about to be visited on you.

But, we will be fair and just.

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Lushore1: 11:42pm On May 03, 2015
This thread should be on front page....
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Scatterboss(m): 3:16am On May 04, 2015
pluto04:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana

'Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times. This arises from the fact that they are produced by men who ever have been, and ever shall be, animated by the same passions, and thus they necessarily have the same results.'
- Machiavelli

“It is not worthwhile to try to keep history from repeating itself, for man's character will always make the preventing of the repetitions impossible”
Mark Twain

It is quite amusing to find out that a topic about 'Yoruba Elders' complaining to Jonathan is drawing so much bile from most of the ibo posters on this topic. I hope that the hatred for the Yorubas shown here does not mirror the hatred shown towards Yorubas by Ibos on the streets of Lagos. If this bile is already being expressed on the streets of Lagos, I can safely assert that the grounds of the 60s Kano pogroms against the ibo that led to the civil war has been prepared, only waiting for a trigger or match to light up a conflagration.  With the rate at which ibo teenagers are looking for trouble here we might have a repetition of history coming up, probably triggered by something as silly as a bloody quarrel between a Yoruba man and an ibo man on the street Lagos and people capitalizing on that to release their pent up frustrations against the ibos. The only difference I can foresee between the impending history and that of the 60s is that we do not have strong regions today as we had then and there is no Ojukwu or Awolowo figure today. Coming conflicts (if it happens) might not lead to an all out civil war. It will only lead to a regime change with the 'military hawks' blaming the growing insecurity for the need to strike and restore order. Thereafter we'll start an endless repetition of our most recent history.

Word.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Scatterboss(m): 3:17am On May 04, 2015
emmalexabl:
MGBATI (Elders) LUNATICS. . .on the loose once more , wish GEJ handed them over to BOKO, Useless people ,ndi ofe mmanu, ndi oji aka ekpo nshi. .mttchew.

Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Scatterboss(m): 3:18am On May 04, 2015
omoeso:
Enough said, never knew Ibos hate yorubas this much. So, most of the Ibo friends I have are just plutonic friends and deep down they hate me so much, Wow. Anyway, if Ibos hate hausas so much dat, or is hausas that hate Ibos so much that every slight opportunity, they are killed in their hundreds up in the north. And come down west they hate the yorubas this much, So, who actually do they tolerate? And to think about it, who gives a damn about marginalization in the first place. How did OBJ personally affects my life as an individual? Same questions goes for GEJ, how has his government brings succor to an average man walking down the road in SE? My brothers, every politician to himself and himself alone. Makes to difference to me. If OBJ did not improve the welfare of the yorubas during his tenure as president, how much has GEJ done to improve the living condition of the SE/SS, I beg, everyman for himself!!!
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Scatterboss(m): 3:24am On May 04, 2015
PointB:
@Topic,

If Yoruba feel marginalised, they should hold ACN responsible for siding with Tambuwal to deny them of the House Speakership slot. GEJ did all he could, but the myopic ACN leaders decided to sell to the highest bidder - the IBB-Atiku backed Tambuwal.

'I dey laff oooo,' says Obasanjo who did not deem is necessary to fix any road during his 8 year tenure, but wanted a third term!

Lmao. I hope you wont cry this time. Life.....

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 1:36pm On May 04, 2015
They have nothing to say anymore. They are confused and confounded. Stuporous and stupefied.

Anyway GEJ TILL 2019 grin

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by juman(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2015
grin grin

Yoruba is now part of the center.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by MugabeRobert: 1:49pm On May 04, 2015
The pathetic scums from the land of evolving apes are now paying homage to a cattle herder not to forget them.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omonnakoda: 2:12pm On May 04, 2015
MugabeRobert:
The[b] pathetic scums from the land of evolving apes [/b]are now paying homage to a cattle herder not to forget them.

Are you talking about Egyptians

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Mynd44: 2:43pm On May 09, 2015
Afam4eva:
I hope you people will not deviate from your words now....
Should we say it is okay for Buhari and APC to be unjust to the SS and SE states?

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Mynd44: 2:55pm On May 09, 2015
PointB:
@Topic,

On a scale of 1-10, how silly do you feel right now?

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply)

Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Election Results With Pictures / New Pictures Of Sanusi At His Lagos Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.