Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) (45276 Views)

Timothy Weah Signed To PSG (Photo) / Arsene Wenger Invited To George Weah's Inauguration As Liberian President / George Weah: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Liberian President-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by itu404(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Eriggs:
Joy of Parenthood.
I celebrate with them too.
You have a good heart which unfortunately is short in supply these days.
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by RestructureNig2: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
Why is the son not playing for Liberia?
I'm disappointed. More so why would a president celebrate such an unpatriotic act?

How will he convince others to shun other countries for the love of Liberia?

You're right, if I talk now they will say I'm enemy of progress.
Anyway, Liberia is like extension of the US

2 Likes

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Ikennaford: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
chessguru:
The father served his country in his time as a footballer and even sponsored the team , His son made a choice to play for the states because he was in a better position to learn from his fathers mistakes , they wear the shoes , they have reasons for their choices , when e reach your turn play for your country . the Weah family has a right to their choices and it is a good choice.
You reason like a gooaa,t bro

2 Likes

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by abobote: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
Inferiority complex at the best. A president of country traveled to celebrate with his son that is representing another country, even the president of the country that qualified for the next round didn't even travel to celebrate with his team

3 Likes

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by olaeffect(m): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Why didn't the son play for Liberia tongue

His father played for is country.

To me, this is not worth debating on tongue

I dey tell you.
If truly as they say: "the world is a global village" I believe people should be allowed to change country as long as you are going to abide by the rules, culture, laws, and Constitution of that country.
Not people that want to go to UAE and be promoting gay rights nor people that left the middle east and went to the West and still want to impose their eastern religion/tradition and culture on their host country.

1 Like

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
Well
Done Timothy we so proud of you. cool
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by PoliteActivist: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Imagine a president being proud of his son playing for another country at the detriment of his own NATIVE country.
So, if Liberia had met the United States, he would have encouraged his son to play for the U.S against Liberia. That's treasonable!
As the president leader of Liberia, he ought not to LOUD such at all. Not necessary!

Where is the spirit of nationalism?

UrPapa:
na only you talk real talk
How can a member of the first family of the country represent another country
Africa is just so fvcked up

magicminister:

Exactly my thoughts as well! Like, he’s the president for fucckssss sake!!! Omo some African countries will break your heart with the way they normalize evil!

victorazy:

Am even ashamed of them. A whole president celebrating his son for serving another country sad disgusting.

Africa has issue.

abobote:
Inferiority complex at the best. A president of country traveled to celebrate with his son that is representing another country, even the president of the country that qualified for the next round didn't even travel to celebrate with his team

Elidrisy20:
Treason of the highest order,his loyalty lays with U.S.A , what is wrong with African leaders

See the reason below.
It is not your usual two countries situation.
They are same family

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Elidrisy20: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
Treason of the highest order,his loyalty lays with U.S.A , what is wrong with African leaders
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by folake4u(f): 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Proud parent moment.

May all sensible and hardworking children succeed so that their parents will eat the fruits of their labour. kiss
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
PoliteActivist:

See the reason below.
It is not your usual two countries situation
We understand the United States colonized Liberia. We know
But this is a PRESIDENT for crying out loud!
It's easier to travel to the US from Liberia than from Nigeria. We know all that!
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by chessguru(m): 1:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
Ikennaford:

You reason like a gooaa,t bro
you are right ..... i am a G.O.A.T grin grin grin grin
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Laughingkk: 1:33pm On Nov 30, 2022
nkemoma:
See man..what can Buhari celebrate Yusuf for?
Everything
Everything
Everything
Bad Belle no good
Stop this your hatred towards those who have made it in life so that God can do your own

Must Yusuf play football in the world cup before the Buhari will celebrate him?
Bad Belle go and check his lifestyle and the schools he attended
Please stop this poverty hatred now before it ruins you
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Ganjafama(m): 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
Obakoolex:

First paragraph: sensible talk
Second paragraph: haters talk

Like it or not president Tinubu and his son seyi are going to do a lot of exploits for our dear country starting from 2023
Foolish talk. Is Tinubu's son Seyi a public office holder? What is his specialty. Tinubu has so much brainwashed you guys such that you no longer reason properly.
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by TooMuchSense1(m): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Obakoolex:
Am going to be a proud father like this one day. My children will make me proud
Have you made your parents proud?
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by ufotunang: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

... because he knows that Liberia will find it difficult to qualify for any football competition...find it difficult to qualify for the world cup and even the Africa nation cup...as Liberia do not have talented and good players to achieve that
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Thinktwicemybro: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Obakoolex:

First paragraph: sensible talk
Second paragraph: haters talk

Like it or not president Tinubu and his son seyi are going to do a lot of exploits for our dear country starting from 2023
Na ogun go k*ll you and tinubu
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by PoliteActivist: 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

We understand the United States colonized Liberia. We know
But this is a PRESIDENT for crying out loud!
It's easier to travel to the US from Liberia than from Nigeria. We know all that!

It is more than "colonised", US is like extended family of Liberia.
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Imagine a president being proud of his son playing for another country at the detriment of his own NATIVE country.
So, if Liberia had met the United States, he would have encouraged his son to play for the U.S against Liberia. That's treasonable!
As the president leader of Liberia, he ought not to LOUD such at all. Not necessary!

Where is the spirit of nationalism?

Oga, calm down. First of all he is a father before a president (even Obama will tell you likewise). He is proud of his son regardless of which country he is playing for.

Besides, his son was born in the U.S and was already playing for the U.S national team (under 17) before he even became president.

Which one is "treasonable" again?
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by TooMuchSense1(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Romanoff:

Na that election year gan gan I plan to japa. Make una keep Nigeria for us.
There is no place like home o
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Romanoff(f): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
TooMuchSense1:

There is no place like home o

We go dey come back come do Christmas.
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by penceman(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
Its in the realms of dream. But clearly unforgettable
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by spencekat(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2022
Proud father .It is a joyful thing seeing your kids do well in their chosen careers,but why USA instead of Liberian national team?
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by benjaminlawson(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
SpecialAdviser:
I'm disappointed. More so why would a president celebrate such an unpatriotic act?

I totally agree with you, that is a big shame on our so called African leaders, can Joe Biden of USA feel happy that his son did not represent his country? That is why many of them should not be regarded as a true leader. It is a disgrace to him as a sitting president, I even heard that he is going to collect 2000 Dollars per day for this journey, what a waste of tax payers money.

3 Likes

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by PoliteActivist: 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
MrSethz:

Oga, calm down. First of all he is a father before a president (even Obama will tell you likewise). He is proud of his son regardless of which country he is playing for.

Actually the country matters. US happens to be like extended family for Liberia. They are same family

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by ruggedtimi(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Is that woman in uniform the Liberia president's ADC? grin grin grin cheesy
u see her grin grin she be like coming to america king aide
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by pstemma1990: 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

the son was born and brought up in the U. S. A. So he had a choice to choose where to represent..

So he made his choice. And believe me, he made the right choice, because Liberia may not even qualify for the world cup in the next 20 years..

We have Nigerians playing for other countries as well..

1 Like

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
pstemma1990:
the son was born and brought up in the U. S. A. So he had a choice to choose where to represent..

So he made his choice. And believe me, he made the right choice, because Liberia may not even qualify for the world cup in the next 20 years..

We have Nigerians playing for other countries as well..
There is no choosing in patriotism. And if he made the choice, it's foolish for his dad a sitting president to celebrate in the open.

1 Like

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by phemmyfour: 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
Urheadmaster:

Honestly, it's a shame. This is modern slavery. Nothing to celebrate cos the glory isn't meant for Africa.

The keep using the best of us to bring glory to their Country in every sector

I m yet to see British, American, French, Italian, German represent any Africa country
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2022
I know that the president is happy and all that but he should be ashamed of himself

1 Like

Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
grin

Will this one be able to "WEAH" his Daddy's boots, abi na de boots go wear am?
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by Dshocker(m): 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
Romanoff:
Na how my children go shine for better country me sef dey hustle for right now.

Football academy dey for Sudan, Niger, Chad and Congo.

Just choose one.....
Re: George Weah & Wife Celebrate With Their Son, Timothy After US Qualified (Video) by pstemma1990: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
SpecialAdviser:

There is no choosing in patriotism. And if he made the choice, it's foolish for his dad a sitting president to celebrate in the open.
the father only celebrated the son, not U. S. A, just like a Nigerian governor celebrating a son that is with us Army or airforce..

There's nothing wrong there, the son had been in the US from birth, and that's where he was be PSG signed him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Unveiled As An Everton Player [photo] / Iheanacho Sends Message To Guardiola & Man City After Leicester Move / Liverpool Players, Coach In Tears After 4-3 Barcelona Comeback (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.