Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About (50830 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Sad Truths About Living Abroad / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by YourNextLevel(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Naija go soon empty for politicians lol

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by MiaBeer(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Make I park here and read for now.
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Goodman247: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Another demonic agent,no where is easy, life is about choices.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by damola1: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ok. I will stay in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by nicestguy1: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by YeyeGbami: 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
No issue here, this as an advice to anybody wey get plan to japa. Don't go there to be a liability.

I think there is a campaign going on underground sponsored by the government to discourage people from leaving.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Raalsalghul: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
truthsayer009:
This type of topics always hit Frontpage, the nairaland moderators love chaos.

People will argue & abuse themselves on this thread till page 30.

The Pro-japa/Anti-japa arguments can get boring at times.
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Angelfrost(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wait o... Second thread on FP today trying to discourage Japa!

What exactly is the motive?!!

Life is about choices!!!... If e hard you over there, then get on a plane and get the fvck out!

The harder you all try to discourage others from coming to 'suffer' with you, the more they show up... So, give it up already!

This is not gonna work dear abroad people...! These people are coming to drag that abroad with you! grin

The only way to cut down Japa is to turn Naija to Japan!!! cool

The most annoying part is that some of you abroad also support APC and PDP!!!... Don't worry, the numbers coming over next year alone will shock y'all to the bone! grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by XerXerz: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
libertyfather:
Walahi, nothing u wan talk ooooo, all of us dey come

This got me

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Validated: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
OP japaed with poor professional background. Abroad is not for everybody. If you studied one humanity course or you do not have atleast a Master degree, you either upscale yourself or remain a factory worker doing 16 hours. In Canada for example you have Chinese, some of the best of India and many eastern Asians. It is not Nigeria that you use kparapo and who you know. It is what you know. So, if you must move, be prepared.

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by brandsoncharlie: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
No1girl:
after interacting with various immigrants abroad in different countries, and living abroad myself for the past 10yrs, there have been common challenges that immigrants face but don't like to often talk about due to shame and critics. life abroad could be your breakthrough but its good when you understand both sides of the coin. here are some struggles nigerians are facing in your dream countries (canada, usa, uk, etc);

- divorce: nigerian men like to complain about their wives growing wings once they reach abroad knowing fully well the system here is different. some women too no dey try, e be like say dey done ready the man, say once dey reach abroad, dey go show am shege. women love it here, the system empowers us. duh
i would imagine these wouldn't be an issue for a healthy couple that love and support each other.

- fake life: yes it looks good here. thinking of the dollar rate alone, there's no way your uncle abroad can convince you that he doesn't have any money, because you won't believe anyway. so your uncle will choose to live up to the expectation of looking good, taking nice pictures in the snow (on his days off from work) and dropping it hot on your socials to impress you. you love and respect that uncle, don't you? well, at least until he doesn't send dollarz home. grin

- broke af: uncle is broke. he's trying to pay off the money borrowed and spent on visa, fraudulent travel agents and expensive tickets while coming abroad. and even though he has spent 3yrs in canada, well think of the small small money he has sent so far. uncle dey try na. plus he has monthly bills to pay, like electricity, car insurance, house rent, phone bill, credit card debts, internet bills, life insurance ........ smiley

- child neglect: i'm a single mum with 2 beautiful daughters and i japa from nigeria to provide better life for my kids. yes sometimes i works 16hrs shift, and my kids have to stay at home by themselves, the eldest is 12yo and her younger sister is 9yo. i don't like leaving them at home by themselves especially because of social services but money has to be made na, i have plenty responsibilities. there is no grandma or house help to look after them here but, they will understand the sacrifice i'm making, when they grow up.

life abroad has lots of positives and its good to experience it (if you want to), but its not all rosy. plan & strategize.
wishing you the best.

*you can comment on the rest smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGd4AOA64TU
So these are the challenges? grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Sisora(m): 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Everybody just dey vex with the op grin

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by olaolaking: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
ednut1:
Same repetitive topic and videos. Can you guys just buy a ticket and return home
Many prefer to come but they won't because if they come back with nothing, you will shame them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Greatechng(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bills are being paid everywhere sis.

Na we here dey give this guys abroad liver most times.

When they throw junks from that place to this place and we sell and return funds to them, they pay bills conveniently and they live large.

Rest make you face your hustle and family.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Mrfksb1(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
Rubbish nobody forced you people to go to abroad, if you can't stay please leave. You Nigerians complains too much

Stop telling us.

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Omoawoke: 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
No1girl:
after interacting with various immigrants abroad in different countries, and living abroad myself for the past 10yrs, there have been common challenges that immigrants face but don't like to often talk about due to shame and critics. life abroad could be your breakthrough but its good when you understand both sides of the coin. here are some struggles nigerians are facing in your dream countries (canada, usa, uk, etc);

- divorce: nigerian men like to complain about their wives growing wings once they reach abroad knowing fully well the system here is different. some women too no dey try, e be like say dey done ready the man, say once dey reach abroad, dey go show am shege. women love it here, the system empowers us. duh
i would imagine these wouldn't be an issue for a healthy couple that love and support each other.

- fake life: yes it looks good here. thinking of the dollar rate alone, there's no way your uncle abroad can convince you that he doesn't have any money, because you won't believe anyway. so your uncle will choose to live up to the expectation of looking good, taking nice pictures in the snow (on his days off from work) and dropping it hot on your socials to impress you. you love and respect that uncle, don't you? well, at least until he doesn't send dollarz home. grin

- broke af: uncle is broke. he's trying to pay off the money borrowed and spent on visa, fraudulent travel agents and expensive tickets while coming abroad. and even though he has spent 3yrs in canada, well think of the small small money he has sent so far. uncle dey try na. plus he has monthly bills to pay, like electricity, car insurance, house rent, phone bill, credit card debts, internet bills, life insurance ........ smiley

- child neglect: i'm a single mum with 2 beautiful daughters and i japa from nigeria to provide better life for my kids. yes sometimes i works 16hrs shift, and my kids have to stay at home by themselves, the eldest is 12yo and her younger sister is 9yo. i don't like leaving them at home by themselves especially because of social services but money has to be made na, i have plenty responsibilities. there is no grandma or house help to look after them here but, they will understand the sacrifice i'm making, when they grow up.

life abroad has lots of positives and its good to experience it (if you want to), but its not all rosy. plan & strategize.
wishing you the best.

You no talk of Konji
and how you use intimacy gadgets. You are a single mother, you should be able to relate to the loneliness

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
I don't feel and do any of the above. People in Nigeria divorce and live fake lives as well.

All the points highlighted can be equally applicable anyone living in Nigeria and anywhere in the world.

I enjoy my peace and rest of mind here. What you call boredom and loneliness is what i call rest and peace of mind.

Lastly, you always have the option of going back to Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Neddstark: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sisora:
Everybody just dey vex with the op grin

We hate the truth. We prefer popular opinion. Tried talking a friend out of japa to Turkey but I was perceived as bad belle and chose to mind my business.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Raalsalghul: 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Angelfrost:
Wait o... Second thread on FP today trying to discourage Japa!

What exactly is the motive?!!

Life is about choices!!!... If e hard you over there, then get on a plane and get the fvck out!

The harder you all try to discourage others from coming to 'suffer' with you, the more they show up... So, give it up already!

This is not gonna work dear abroad people...! These people are coming to drag that abroad with you! grin

The only way to cut down Japa is to turn Naija to Japan!!! cool

The most annoying part is that some of you abroad also support APC and PDP!!!... Don't worry, the numbers coming over next year alone will shock y'all to the bone! grin grin grin

A far-fetched theory but I'm suspecting these are paid government agents.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Plan before you come japa, make sure you have accomdation because some nigerians are wicked. I know one person whose friend promise to pick him up at the airport. That friend block his number and left him stranded at the airport. The dude was homeless for a while . Thank God some good meaning Nigerians at a church helped him out.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by ednut1(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
olaolaking:
Many prefer to come but they won't because if they come back with nothing, you will shame them
shame them Na be send them abroad or wetin be my own
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Angelfrost(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
HRprof:
For those comments above me OP is letting you know the good and bad part of abroad before you Jakpa E get why grin
You guys don’t want to hear the negative part ! Is better to get prepared with reality over there before Jakpa ! Is working country yes, but you pay through your nose to enjoy what the system put in place by their government is not like Nigeria where we bypass almost everything.

Yeah... Because the average Nigerian is living in paradise here!

Everybody has a right to make his choices with regards to where suits his lifestyle.

Channel this energy into ensuring sensible and incorruptible leaders are elected next... If not, the influx will be beyond shocking!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Focusmi: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
No Matter What happens or the conditions people will still Japa shocked shocked
Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Enemyofpeace: 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Op nothing you say will discourage us from japaing from Nigeria. We are all coming there to join you. It's japa time, season 22

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Omoawoke: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
halaqasa:
You be single mother of 2 or you japa with your kids and dumped your husband lipsrsealed undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Konji don almost wound am, she dey boast of how system empower women, I feel her pain.
Single girls never find partner, na mother of two for Canada, walahi, I can bet my ass that this OP will be paying for orgy party

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Angelfrost(m): 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
Raalsalghul:

A far-fetched theory but I'm suspecting these are paid government agent.

They should try harder... Their campaign is not working!

They better make this nation better or continue seeing the best of the citizens flee!

The matter is as simple as that!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Angelfrost(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
YourNextLevel:
Naija go soon empty for politicians lol

Politicians and their idiotic supporters!

Even the politicians have secured their families abroad... They don't even believe in the Nigeria they hustle to lead.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
i am in usa and i tell you you just need to focus on your goals because there's alot of distractions. that's the problem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Karleb(m): 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
No1girl:

wishing you the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGd4AOA64TU

Una don start with this rubbish. Come and live in kaduna for a year and see the difference.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by sameoldguy: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Japa dis, japa that. Make Una leave the japarer’s alone. You have been abroad for 10 years yet you don’t want to let others travel. There is problem everywhere and the ones you mentioned are faced by anybody even rich people so what da heck. Those that have means should travel, but make sure you don’t sell all your properties just cos you want to travel. I live in Yankee but I still love my country Naija. All my properties are still intact and I come back anytime I want to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
Raalsalghul:

The Pro-japa/Anti-japa arguments can get boring at times.

Yes i am tired of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Struggles Of Living Abroad No One Likes To Talk About by planetx: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
Charisco:
Make we get there first, all of una just dey talk rubbish. Is better to suffer once and rest than to keep suffering up and down in this useless country
Can the 200 million Nigerians move to oyinbo countries? Because all I read everytime is let us get there first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Shut Third Mainland Bridge For Six Months / Nigerian Woman Racially Abused A White Man On Train Going To London (Pictures) / The Arik Airline Passenger Seat An Expatriate Saw Today (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.