Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery (17317 Views)

Southeast Records lowest in out of school in Nigeria Northwest Recorded Highes / Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction / 2019 Elections: Lagos records lowest voter turnout at 18%, Jigawa tops - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by edward1106(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2022
Abdul05:
When you compare this to the rampant killing in anambra state then you will see that ..

Being an obidient is a disaster. .. grin cheesy

Obi is a huge failure. ... grin

Thank to tinubu anyway. ... grin

Is Obi still the governor?
Oh God! How did COMMON SENSE escape you?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by johnjose68: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2022
Omoapena:

Wait,
Talking about crime, is it general crime or a particular crime like bank robbery they mentioned?

If its general crime then Lagos isn't safe.
Just a month ago, armed robbers robbed people in surulere, traffic robbers everywhere, even ikoyi we all thought looks safe isn't exclusive from their operation.

Read the news again, headline reader
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Okay let's even mention the osogbo...in terms of security, is it not the same osogbo were fidelity bank at ogo-oluwa was robbed ??or we should talk about various ritual killings that happened at oke baale in osogbo Or the ones that happened at ile ife in osun state which includes the popular one where the owner of a big hotel was involved in ritual killings for several years and nothing happened until recently when he was caught,? Or the same osogbo where various shops close to osun mall was robbed ?? ..mind you I am from osun state myself...so I don't hate osun state as a whole.. I am just stating the obvious truth of things going on presently at the state...

You didn't answer my questions.

Why shouldn't osogbo be mentioned? Why isn't it a "major state"?

What is your definition of a "major city/state"?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by johnjose68: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2022
edward1106:

Is Obi still the governor?
Oh God! How did COMMON SENSE escape you?

What blueprint did he leave behind when he governed. Or he just governed as a one-man business

God forbid to be uselessly obid.iot.

I sympathize with Obi...-Datti Baba Ahmed
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2022
Omoapena:

Wait,
Talking about crime, is it general crime or a particular crime like bank robbery they mentioned?

If its general crime then Lagos isn't safe.
Just a month ago, armed robbers robbed people in surulere, traffic robbers everywhere, even ikoyi we all thought looks safe isn't exclusive from their operation.

Going by your logic..then London is not safe...yeah robberies are happening in London too at the moment.. even my friend got robbed in this same London.. some other people including celebrities also recently shared their robbery experience in London.. the point is , there will be robberies anywhere in the world.. ..but the work of the government is to reduce the crime to a point that is very low.. now the topic says lagos experienced the lowest bank robbery in the last decade..which is true..anyone who was born and bred in lagos do not need the media to tell him or her that bank robbery have reduced in lagos compared to before....it is something that is obvious....you want to compare it with lagos of those days when every week one must see or hear or experience a bank robbery or any other robbery .
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by zionstaar75: 8:47am On Dec 03, 2022
Bontafa:

Political defenders everywhere.

give facts and stop being a toddler, which area for logos?which crime?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:48am On Dec 03, 2022
Anunakeeh:

Exactly.

Overpopulation In Lagos Is extremely alarming. The smallest state In the world filled with over 30million People.

Only a Mentally Deranged person will want to rob a bank In such a place Jamparked with people and vehicles everywhere.

The Worst place I have seen on earth. No good hygiene, everywhere will be smelling, roads are eyesore, Unspaced houses built to the main roads and still fenced to the brim, people Just lock themselves up on the roads and streets like Bees mtcheeeew.

This is paradise compare to aba
The mercy of God is in this nation and we'll surely come out of all issues

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:48am On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

You didn't answer my questions.

Okay I have agreed it is a major state and you can mention it..and I just listed out the crimes happening in the same osogbo which you might want to mention... undecided and you are talking to someone from osun state too...so yeah what do you want to argue about again??so what's next
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Tareq1105: 8:48am On Dec 03, 2022
fawaz050:

Lagos is safe??

Please come to Oshodi and Walk carelessly. Come and show off in Ajegunle. No Waka Jeje for olowogbowo.

Lagos is one of the worst place to live in Nigeria.

I wish I could relocate to Ilorin.

Why not relocate? And see if 10 people wouldn't approach your landlord to take over your apartment.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by foxxydude: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2022
Superwave16320:
But you as a foolish Igbo as first hand report, the traffic stopping robbers from robbing banks don't stop kidnappers according to you Igbo father completely damaged head.

My brother is everything ok at home?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by aylive02(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2022
udomonday:
Lagos is relatively safer than other states.
. Not safer than Osun
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by johnjose68: 8:53am On Dec 03, 2022
[quote author=Tareq1105 post=118863539]

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by johnjose68: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2022
fawaz050:

Lagos is safe??

Please come to Oshodi and Walk carelessly. Come and show off in Ajegunle. No Waka Jeje for olowogbowo.

Lagos is one of the worst place to live in Nigeria.

I wish I could relocate to Ilorin.

Olodo, why do you want to walk carelessly. Haba, you are this daft! Can you walk carelessly in US or UK or Dubai. Why not kukuma relocate to IMO and join UGM?

You hate good news this much?

And please read the news again if you lack comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2022
fawaz050:

Me lie about Oshodi??

Na Ijesha I dey stay o.

I work at Gbagada, so I have first hand information about all these places. I see the mayhem those boys foster when I pass by. It's not a place you will feel safe.

A friend of mine was robbed at Mile 2 less than a month ago in the evening.

Bank robberies may have reduced but you can't deny the fact that the Menace of Agbero is making Lagos uninhabitable.

In terms of serenity and calmness, I would choose Ilorin over Lagos a million times. The people there are generally sane and it's not because we have lesser population there but it's just down to one thing - Agbero
Smh..you pass by and you are comparing it with someone living there...na wa for some of you oooo..always peddle lies just to prove one nonsense point....where is it stated that there is no crime in lagos at all ?? Is there anywhere in the world where crimes do not happen or where robberies do not happen ?.the fact is crime rate in lagos have dropped compared to before.. that do not mean there is no crime at all..it is the rate that will drop..crime can never stop in anywhere in the world , it can only be reduced.....and security in lagos is better compared to before.. anyone who was born and bred in lagos can testify to it.. it is only those who came to lagos maybe like ten years ago that might not understand...

And Oga how is cele-ijesha the same as oshodi??do you know how much you will spend on transport from that same ijesha to oshodi ??

So if you work at gbagada and you pass through oshodi , how many times were you robbed ??you want to compare oshodi of that time to now ?? .

I am not even a fan of lagos state government.. but when you work in some certain aspect , I will praise you.. and when you do nonsense in some certain aspect , I will condemn you...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Okay I have agreed it is a major state and you can mention it..and I just listed out the crimes happening in the same osogbo which you might want to mention... undecided and you are talking to someone from osun state too...so yeah what do you want to argue about again??so what's next

I didn't ask you to agree or not agree to anything. I didn't ask you where you come from. This is what I asked.

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by fawaz050(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2022
Tareq1105:

Why not relocate? And see if 10 people wouldn't approach your landlord to take over your apartment.

For people who value sanity, relocating is a no brainer.

You're talking to someone born and bred in Ijora-Badia. I have probably seen the ugly side of Lagos more than you have.

Just come and stay in Nosamu (Ajegunle) or Apasa (Alaba) for a week, then you may understand my point.

I won't argue cos arguing online is a total waste of time to me when I can show you reality.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2022
udomonday:
Lagos is relatively safer than other states.

How did you arrive at your conclusion?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I didn't ask you to agree or not agree to anything. I didn't ask you where you come from. This is what I asked.

This one know get anything to talk about again...you have no point...oga in terms of security.. mention any state in Nigeria that beats it...simple...

If the person have retracted his statement that osogbo is not a major state...then what else again??
When they have no point to make again, they will be shifting goal post.. mention any state in Nigeria with better security than lagos at the moment...argue sensibly..
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by fawaz050(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Smh..you pass by and you are comparing it with someone living there...na wa for some of you oooo..always peddle lies just to prove one nonsense point....where is it stated that there is no crime in lagos at all ?? Is there anywhere in the world where crimes do not happen or where robberies do not happen ?.the fact is crime rate in lagos have dropped compared to before.. that do not mean there is no crime at all..it is the rate that will drop..crime can never stop in anywhere in the world , it can only be reduced.....and security in lagos is better compared to before.. anyone who was born and bred in lagos can testify to it.. it is only those who came to lagos maybe like ten years ago that might not understand...

And Oga how is cele-ijesha the same as oshodi??do you know how much you will spend on transport from that same ijesha to oshodi ??

So if you work at gbagada and you pass through oshodi , how many times were you robbed ??you want to compare oshodi of that time to now ??

Me, peddle lies?

No worry. It's a total waste of time to exchange � views with some of you online.

Stay safe. I pray Lagos doesn't happen to you.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:58am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

This one know get anything to talk about again...you have no point...oga in terms of security.. mention any state in Nigeria that beats it...simple...

Can you show me where me and you discussed anything about point? You made a claim that osogbo shouldn't be mentioned because it isn't a "major city/state".

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2022
aylive02:
grin

No place is safe. The media cannot cover everything that is happening. How do you trust a place you have thousands of agberos to be safe?
Bros I am living in Lagos, and it’s only in Lagos that I feel safest.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2022
fawaz050:

Me, peddle lies?

No worry. It's a total waste of time to exchange � views with some of you online.

Stay safe. I pray Lagos doesn't happen to you.

Oga robberies happen everywhere.. I have gotten robbed in lagos too. So rest...that does not mean the security in lagos is not improving compared to before.. its just like those celebrities that were robbed in London...do that mean one should say that London is not safe for anyone .. ?? Robbery will always happen anywhere in the world..the major thing is to reduce it totally.. not that it will never happen at all...criminals will always be criminals...in life, some people will always engage in crimes no matter how secure the state or country is...why are there still criminals in USA despite their strong security??

And besides lagos is this lagos is that...yet you still live and work in that same lagos..suffer know dey tire you ? Why can't you leave the lagos? Or you enjoy the suffering according to you..
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Jemex003: 9:01am On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
But increase in breaking into people's homes.

That’s ur brothers job
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by fawaz050(m): 9:01am On Dec 03, 2022
johnjose68:

Olodo, why do you want to walk carelessly. Haba, you are this daft! Can you walk carelessly in US or UK or Dubai. Why not kukuma relocate to IMO and join UGM?

You hate good news this much?

And please read the news again if you lack comprehension.

The way some of you cannot exchange your views without insults is why some people will prefer to just scroll through comments.

Emi daft?

Scoffs

No wahala. Continue enjoying the Lagos.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2022
Bontafa:

My friend go and argue with mental patients like yourself I don't have your time
You are a big fooool oga for disputing the fact that Lagos is safe. I live in Lagos and there is no where else I feel this safe

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by doyin01: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2022
Penalty82:

Don't be too gullible, the reason you don't experience bank robbery in Lagos is not because of your security but because the robbers can't escape due to traffic. Majority of the banks in Lagos are in the mkts and crowded environments where movement will be so difficult for the robbers.

Did the lagos traffic just started today? Was there no lagos traffic during the Bank robberies in the past?? Una go just open mouth waaaaaaaa..

Going by your logic.. then how did bank robberies happened in the past despite the lagos traffic ,?? Or is ir today that banks started having branches inside the market in lagos??
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Omoobong1(m): 9:07am On Dec 03, 2022
This Alakija own don tired me, see Navy Town,see Alakija yet Nigerian Navy no fit do anything.
gonkin:
They dont rob banks but now rob motorists day and night in traffic. Na everyday dem dey rob for alakija. Why would they rob banks when lagos has too much traffic? Besides robbery is old school
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

If the person have retracted his statement that osogbo is not a major state...then what else again??
When they have no point to make again, they will be shifting goal post.. mention any state in Nigeria with better security than lagos at the moment...argue sensibly..

Where is the goal post that you are referring to? Where was it situated and where has it been shifted to?

If you claim you are from osogbo and you are retracting your statement made earlier that osogbo isn't a "major city/state", what credibility do you now have to make claims about the safest places in Nigeria? How can we now take your word when you can't even explain what you mean by "major city/state"?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by emonis88: 9:08am On Dec 03, 2022
May traffic catch them? The traffic will discourage any one thinking of such thing sef, that is the only advantage of d traffic in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by fawaz050(m): 9:08am On Dec 03, 2022
doyin01:

Oga robberies happen everywhere.. I have gotten robbed in lagos too. So rest...that does not mean the security in lagos is not improving compared to before.. its just like those celebrities that were robbed in London...do that mean one should say that London is not safe for anyone .. ?? Robbery will always happen anywhere in the world..the major thing is to reduce it totally.. not that it will never happen at all...criminals will always be criminals...in life, some people will always engage in crimes no matter how secure the state or country is...why are there still criminals in USA despite their strong security??

You want to compare the crime rates in London to Lagos??

I understand your point. Crime goes on everywhere.

But it's so painful that people would term reduction in bank robberies as the same thing as reduction in crime rates on the street.

Same Lagos Way you go buy appliances for Idumota and you go need settle Agbero before you move your item. A lot of things I have seen.

If that's what you call serenity and Safety, then I wish you a happy stay.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CaptainAyub: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2022
Abdul05:
When you compare this to the rampant killing in anambra state then you will see that ..

Being an obidient is a disaster. .. grin cheesy

Obi is a huge failure. ... grin

Thank to tinubu anyway. ... grin
All the armed robbers are now busy campaigning for their grand patron tilumbu grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

How is Lagos the safest state in Nigeria? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Did you not see the statement qualified by "probably"? I've just remembered you're that irritating nuisance who asks the same asinine questions over and over again.

Don't be quoting me please.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Abbas Aidi Dies In Ondo Cyber Cafe / Buhari @ 74... Drop Your Wishes / Aisha Buhari Hosts Officials Of National Association Of Lady Pharmacists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.