Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Trinity Is Not Biblical - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity Is Not Biblical (2085 Views)

Confusion! Is God A Mystery Or Trinity Is False Doctrine?? / Using Microphone In The Church Is Not Biblical: The Apostles Never Used It / Christians Get In:the Belief In The Holy Trinity Is Fake !! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by OgaNightmare(m): 6:08am On Dec 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why is almost everything in Christianity from paganism?
Not only in Christianity, the influence of foreign culture and customs can be found in almost every religion.
Practices are being passed from one generation to another the new generation may not even know the origins of the practice but carry it on as a mere ritual.

1 Like

Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by AntiChristian: 6:17am On Dec 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When I pay your debt eg rent i have vicariously atoned your liability.

You can pay with blood only if you're a ritualist or yahoo plus!

1 Like

Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by AntiChristian: 6:21am On Dec 05, 2022
OgaNightmare:

Not only in Christianity, the influence of foreign culture and customs can be found in almost every religion.
Practices are being passed from one generation to another the new generation may not even know the origins of the practice but carry it on as a mere ritual.

Mostly Christianity! From wedding, church processes, Easter, Christmas, etc.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

It means white wedding gown!
Wedding must be done in church!
The couples may be virgins!
The pastor must be there!
The congregation must be present as witnesses just like Adam's wedding!
Jesus must be around to give more wine as miracle!

They must sing, dance and make merry!
You may k*ss the bride!

Ọmọ use your brain nah!

When God introduced Adam to Eve how many humans were on the planet so that guests may be present?
The pastor is God's representative so you have no point! smiley

1 Like

Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 7:53am On Dec 05, 2022
Denoh68:
I'm pentecostal, but I don't believe in the doctrine of trinity.I don't celebrate birthdays new years and Christmas,

I'm really surprised to hear this
I grew up a Pentecostal and I know the Church does not accept the Trinity but we mentioned God the Father, God the son and God the holy spirit which is still the basic meaning of Trinity but some songs in the hymns promote it, also Christmas. It was until I studied with Jehovah's witnesses that I understood that they were not biblical. It was really unbelievable to me cos some other Pentecostal churches celebrate this things
But I'm surprised to see you don't celebrate birthdays or New years. Which denomination or Church is that?
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by advocatejare(m): 10:07am On Dec 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

Mostly Christianity! From wedding, church processes, Easter, Christmas, etc.
Says someone whose religion only recognizes Arabic names as their first names

Islam teaches Muslims not to bow down to greet their parents like the Yorubas do.

Islam has replaced our traditional marriage with Arabic Nikkah. At least Christians still both traditional weddings and church weddings.

You mentioned Christmas when you also celebrate Maulid Nabiyy and even FG dey declare public holidays for it, you celebrate Eid Kabir(ileya) after the pagan Arabs, you celebrate Eid Fitri after the pagan practice of pre Islamic Arabs

You celebrate wolimat Quran etc.

You dress like the Arabs

You are simply an hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by advocatejare(m): 10:25am On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I'm really surprised to hear this
I grew up a Pentecostal and I know the Church does not accept the Trinity but we mentioned God the Father, God the son and God the holy spirit which is still the basic meaning of Trinity but some songs in the hymns promote it, also Christmas. It was until I studied with Jehovah's witnesses that I understood that they were not biblical. It was really unbelievable to me cos some other Pentecostal churches celebrate this things
But I'm surprised to see you don't celebrate birthdays or New years. Which denomination or Church is that?
Why did Jesus say that you should baptize in the name of The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and not simply in the name of the father?

Matthew 28:19
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2022
advocatejare:

Why did Jesus say that you should baptize in the name of The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and not simply in the name of the father?

Matthew 28:19
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”

Nice

Note what Jesus said and note that the use of the word 'and the' showing separation or three distinctions

Trinity simple meaning is this: the father is God, the son is God, the holy spirit is God- yet there are no three Gods but only one God. All are equal and indistinct.

Matthew 28:19 does not promote trinity
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2022
Lawag3:

Trinity is in the bible when God said let us make man in Genesis who is the us and they have been together in the same place in the bible ask and you shall be given knowledge grin

The angels were there with them too. Add them to the trinity.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by advocatejare(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Nice

Note what Jesus said and note that the use of the word 'and the' showing separation or three distinctions

Trinity simple meaning is this: the father is God, the son is God, the holy spirit is God- yet there are no three Gods but only one God. All are equal and indistinct.

Of course, there is no Biblical verse that states that there are 3 gods. Even Jesus re echoed what was written in Deuteronomy that God is one.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.”
-Mark 12:29

Deuteronomy 6:4
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one

I only responded to your submission about saying “father, son and the Holy Spirit”

God is One, Jesus is the Son of God who promised to send us the Holy Spirit to be with us forever!
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Dtruthspeaker: 11:39am On Dec 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

You can pay with blood only if you're a ritualist or yahoo plus!

That is what is called blood transfusion.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by sonmvayina(m): 2:15pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Paganism means Natural Law and Natural Law means Power of God on earth. And the nations of the earth were all naturalist before they became more stupid

Best answer so far..
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Your Bible does not have 1 John 5:7

Lol, do you live in the 15th century?
That text was misconstrued by someone where he added the three persons of God, Father and spirit but it has been revised and removed from most translations.
Go, do such research
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Steep(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Nice

@ bolded that is what Trinity means.
Trinity is not tritheism.
Trinity means one God in three persons or three persons in one God.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 4:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
Steep:
@ bolded that is what Trinity means.
Trinity is not tritheism.
Trinity means one God in three persons or three persons in one God.

Prove it from the scriptures
There's only one God
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Steep(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

There's only one God
who said there is more than one God?
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

There's only one God

Jesus was praying to himself, begging himself, crying to himself and worshiping himself! wink
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2022
Steep:
who said there is more than one God?
Neither was or is he divided in three persons
He is unique as God, has no equal and everyone is under him
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by AntiChristian: 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what is called blood transfusion.

No bloke! Blood transfusion is giving orders blood to be given to the needy intravenously!

Stop the lies!
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by AntiChristian: 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ use your brain nah!

When God introduced Adam to Eve how many humans were on the planet so that guests may be present?
The pastor is God's representative so you have no point! smiley

So this makes wedding scriptural?
A man with no leg get leg!

I think we are done sir!
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Lawag3: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

The angels were there with them too. Add them to the trinity.

So you were created by an angel grin?
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Steep(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Neither was or is he divided in three persons
He is unique as God, has no equal and everyone is under him
You are contradicting yourself.

Are these below not your own words

Aemmyjah:

Nice

@bolded is the definition of Trinity but again you contradicted yourself by claiming the bible does not support the Trinity after clearly seeing that Mathew 28 :19 is talking about the Trinity.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2022
Steep:

You are contradicting yourself.

Are these below not your own words

@bolded is the definition of Trinity but again you contradicted yourself by claiming the bible does not support the Trinity after clearly seeing that Mathew 28 :19 is talking about the Trinity.

I'm not
Nowhere in the scriptures refer to Jesus Christ as God
Nowhere in the scriptures present the holy spirit as God

How does Matthew 28:19: support Trinity

Remember that it did not say, God the father, God the son, God the HOLY SPIRIT
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Steep(m): 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I'm not
Nowhere in the scriptures refer to Jesus Christ as God
Nowhere in the scriptures present the holy spirit as God

How does Matthew 28:19: support Trinity

Remember that it did not say, God the father, God the son, God the HOLY SPIRIT

But Jesus is God John 1 vv1

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The Holy Ghost was described as a person whom the father will send to teach.

The holy Spirit has a mind of his own

Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God..

The holy ghost speak too

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

The Lord was distinguish from his Spirit both send someone.

The Hily Spirit is God, he is a person,
Jesus is the word of the Son he is a person and he is God
And The father is a person and he is God.
This is the Trinity.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by sonmvayina(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2022
Lawag3:

Trinity is in the bible when God said let us make man in Genesis who is the us and they have been together in the same place in the bible ask and you shall be given knowledge grin

God was talking to the earth.
The earth provided the dust for the body..

The conversation started 2 verses prior..

Thank you..
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2022
Lawag3:

So you were created by an angel grin?

Drawing that conclusion from my post means no point having a conversation with you.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Janosky: 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
Steep:

The holy Spirit has a mind of his own

Romans 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God..

Correct rendition of Roman 8:27,NAB.
26In the same way, the Spirit too comes to the aid of our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but the [b]Spirit itself
intercedes with inexpressible groanings. 27And the one who searches hearts knows what is the intention of the Spirit, because it intercedes for the holy ones according to God’s will."

"It" not he.

God understands and knows the meaning of what we are praying for, by means of his holy spirit.
Alhough ,at times, we may not know how to say it or express our feelings in words when praying
.[/b]
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Janosky: 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
Steep:

But Jesus is God John 1 vv1

You manufactured "is", put am for John 1:1. grin
The only places where "was" preceded Theos the proper rendition reads: "was a god".

Greek 1 Corinthians 8:6 & Deuteronomy 10:17, there is only One God, ho Theos (the God) of gods".
Jesus Christ is not ho Theos of Greek John 1:1.
Greek John 14:1 & Greek John4:24, Greek John 10:33, Jesus Christ & John confirmed that.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Dtruthspeaker: 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
AntiChristian:

No bloke! Blood transfusion is giving orders blood to be given to the needyintravenously!

Stop the lies!

Your confession of the bold along with the other stupidities just proves that you are mad foolish liar.
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Janosky: 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
Steep:

Isaiah 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

The Lord was distinguish from his Spirit both send someone.

Why are you LYING? grin
Yahweh spoke the words of Isaiah 48:1-16.
Yahweh sent His Son endowed with His holy spirit.
You no see am in Isaiah 61:1 copy of Matthew 12:15-20?
Isaiah 6:8, you no see say nah ONLY Yahweh dey send message?
Steep:

The Hily Spirit is God, he is a person,
Jesus is the word of the Son he is a person and he is God
And The father is a person and he is God.
This is the Trinity.
Your God send his 2 subordinates to go His message?
Yet them equal? gringrin
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Dtruthspeaker: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Lol, do you live in the 15th century?
That text was misconstrued by someone where he added the three persons of God, Father and spirit but it has been revised and removed from most translations.
Go, do such research

Neither do you live in the 15th century. The text was not misconstrued by the writer. Just like your posts here, they are yours alone and you are accountable for them.

So unless you yourself cancel your post, they stand for and against you forever.

And no person has authority to alter, remove or impute any part or whole of your statements.

So the mere fact others edited, revised or restated it in their own books based on their preferences, does not have any value at all.

And of course it is clear that it is an attempt to hide and distort the Truth exactly as Sonmvayina's mad proclamation that Jesus was invented by the Romans and both of you claiming "a book said so".

Be aware of "dem say".
Re: Trinity Is Not Biblical by Aemmyjah(m): 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Neither do you live in the 15th century. The text was not misconstrued by the writer. Just like your posts here, they are yours alone and you are accountable for them.

So unless you yourself cancel your post, they stand for and against you forever.

And no person has authority to alter, remove or impute any part or whole of your statements.

So the mere fact others edited, revised or restated it in their own books based on their preferences, does not have any value at all.

And of course it is clear that it is an attempt to hide and distort the Truth exactly as Sonmvayina's mad proclamation that Jesus was invented by the Romans and both of you claiming "a book said so".

Be aware of "dem say".

Lol, even many Bible prefaces and references mention it
It's not a matter of dem say
Even many who had them have removed them in the revised ones
Se this guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sheikh Ibrahim Nias / Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture / Student "Kills Senior Prefect With Mysterious Ring" In Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.