Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? (1664 Views)

Man weeps after discovering he’s not the biological father of his child. / Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test / As A Child, How Did You Think Women Gave Birth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Nigeriancomrade: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2022
Each time I make my daughter's hair, boils with pus hastily grow out overnight. It happened to my son too. Whenever he grew some hair, his scalp gots wet and itchy, then he would scratch it and wound up with injuries which makes it so hard for me so I would always shave it. Went to a few medical practitioners but they all wanted to sell their ineffective products. He has outgrown that now.

My daughter is my worry now, cos I have to make her hair. What causes this? Is there a definite product out there proven to be effective?

Sincerely, I wouldn't appreciate someone telling me about visiting hospitals. I work in one. We have been to several hospitals and spent a lot. I know about doctors. This is for PARENTS or someone who has had a child suffering from this. Someone with KNOWLEDGE. Preferably a woman. Men, please. I will send my husband to you soon for advice haha.

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by MufasaLion: 10:27am On Dec 04, 2022
Visit a physician at the clinic.
Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by immortalcrown(m): 10:28am On Dec 04, 2022
Don't plait her hair. Or, change the salon.
Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by backnbeta(f): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2022
Never experienced it, but I'll suggest you stop making the hair for sometime... probably barb and comb everyday and see what happens. You can also buy her own set of hair stuff like combs, cream and all and change hairdresser if she can't barb. Get her a decent salon bag that'll take everything from cutting comb to shampoo.

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Kollins11: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2022
No dey plait her again. Plaiting of of hair isn't for everybody.

Let her go on sweet low cut, then tint her hair gold color. Your daughter will look more beautiful than Nancy Isime.

I like girls who are on low cut with a tinted hair (gold color precisely)

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by CandyOps(m): 10:52am On Dec 04, 2022
If you don't have idea of what it is then STFU let someone with the knowledge comment. Which one is barb the hair ?

Even me sef suppose shutup make person wey sabi am comment

1 Like

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Nigeriancomrade: 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
My daughter is only 3 and not in need of likeness now. I wouldn't tint my hair let alone tinting a child's hair. Tinting tori pe kini? Well, as a parent, I am in need of a solution whether orthodox or herbal for my baby girl. My son outgrew his when he turned 5 but I don't like this on my little girl.
Kollins11:

Let her go on sweet low cut, then tint her hair gold color. Your daughter will look more beautiful than Nancy Isime.

4 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Kollins11: 12:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeriancomrade:
My daughter is only 3 and not in need of likeness now. I wouldn't tint my hair let alone tinting a child's hair. Tinting tori pe kini? Well, as a parent, I am in need of a solution weather orthodox or herbal for my baby girl. My son outgrew his when he turned 5 but I don't like this on my little girl.
Don't be ridiculous. There's nothing wrong tinting you daughter's hair. Nigerians think tinting of hair makes one looks irresponsible.

Give me 3 reasons why you don't wanna tint her hair?
Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Nigeriancomrade: 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
Thank you
backnbeta:
Never experienced it, but I'll suggest you stop making the hair for sometime... probably barb and comb everyday and see what happens. You can also buy her own set of hair stuff like combs, cream and all and change hairdresser if she can't barb. Get her a decent salon bag that'll take everything from cutting comb to shampoo.
Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by eventainment(m): 2:47pm On Dec 04, 2022
The person way the plait her hair hand too de tight... Happened to my sister too

1 Like

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by mariahAngel(f): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
They probably weave her hair too tight, and it seems she has a sensitive/delicate scalp.
If you can, let her be on low cut for now, until her scalp is strong enough to withstand the weave.

4 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by salisuammy(f): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeriancomrade:
Each time I make my daughter's hair, boils with pus hastily grow out overnight. It happened to my son too. Whenever he grew some hair, his scalp gots wet and itchy, then he would scratch it and wound up with injuries which makes it so hard for me so I would always shave it. Went to a few medical practitioners but they all wanted to sell their ineffective products. He has outgrown that now.

My daughter is my worry now, cos I have to make her hair. What causes this? Is there a definite product out there proven to be effective?

Sincerely, I wouldn't appreciate someone telling me about visiting hospitals. I work in one. We have been to several hospitals and spent a lot. I know about doctors. This is for PARENTS or someone who has had a child suffering from this. Someone with KNOWLEDGE. Preferably a woman. Men, please. I will send my husband to you soon for advice haha.

Avoid weaving for now, switch to "hanu biyu" (two hand) like the one below. Let it not be tight.

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by mariahAngel(f): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2022
salisuammy:

Try and avoid weaving, switch to "hanu biyu" (two hand) like the one below. Let it not be tight.

Yorubas call that style didi.
It prevents hair breakage, and helps hair to grow.
It's mild on the scalp too.

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Richy4(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
Madam, just google everything about folliculitis and home treatment. smiley...

Folliculitis is a common skin condition that happens when hair follicles become inflamed. It's often caused by an infection with bacteria. At first it may look like small pimples around the tiny pockets from where each hair grows..

1 Like

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Amopeekun(f): 3:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
Good day madam.

If she has a soft scalp, please get very mild shampoo and conditioner for washing. And, replace her hair lotion for Shea butter. For now.

STOP WASHING HER HAIR TOO FREQUENTLY.

Once a month is enough! And, wash gently with lukewarm water. Try not to scrub hard.

Stop doing all these wonderful plaiting and kneading. Just get small and soft ribbons and pack into small knots. You can then weave the end and put clips here and there to beautify.

She will outgrow it eventually.

Sometimes, even the small knots will give her those. Just be patient, apply Shea butter and don't worry much.

I had similar experience.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by brain54(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
Kollins11:
Don't be ridiculous. There's nothing wrong tinting you daughter's hair. Nigerians think tinting of hair makes one looks irresponsible.

Give me 3 reasons why you don't wanna tint her hair?
She said she don’t like it. Is that not enough reason?

Leave the woman alone na!

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Kollins11: 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
brain54:

She said she don’t like it. Is that not enough reason?
Leave the woman alone na!
SIMP! I ask you?
Let the OP answer my question na.

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by brain54(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2022
Kollins11:
SIMP! I ask you?
Let the OP answer my question na.
Why you go ask me that kian yeye question before.?
Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Kobojunkie: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeriancomrade:
My daughter is only 3 and not in need of likeness now. I wouldn't tint my hair let alone tinting a child's hair. Tinting tori pe kini? Well, as a parent, I am in need of a solution whether orthodox or herbal for my baby girl. My son outgrew his when he turned 5 but I don't like this on my little girl.
Only 3? Then let her scalp develop abeg. undecided

Just put her hair in pony tails or puffs. Somehow that looks like irritation of her scalp abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by GoldSantana: 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2022
The braids are too tight. Try a different style that doesn't pressure the scalp too much

1 Like

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by frozen70(f): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nigeriancomrade:

Left for me, cut that hair and let her go on low cut till her scalp can bear the pull of her hair during plaiting

1 Like

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by blaquebelle: 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
The hand making her hair is too tight. Maybe change the stylist.

2 Likes

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by blaquebelle: 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2022
Kollins11:

You liking girls on tinted gold hair has literally nothing to do with this baby girl's hair. Let's not even talk about the chemical damage from the hair dyes on the young girl's hair, and from the looks of it, she has a sensitive irritable scalp. I think it's only a man that would suggest such because you like girls on it. But honestly, it's needless and irresponsible for a baby.

1 Like

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Nigeriancomrade: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2022
Thank you
blaquebelle:
Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Nigeriancomrade: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2022
Don't mind him. How can I tint my baby's hair. Se mo tiya were ni?
seun Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique. Kindly do the needful.
brain54:

Why you go ask me that kian yeye question before.?

Re: Does Any Parent Experience This With His Child? How Did You Treat It? by Nigeriancomrade: 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2022
We have changed the stylist. The thing is that I would like to know why. And it also happened to my son until he turned 4 or 5. So, it is not even about the hair style cos we didn't make his hair. Once it got full, the stuff began appearing. It eventually stopped for him but I am wondering why it happened or if there are any drugs out there just in case.
blaquebelle:

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander In Dilemma / If Your Wife Is Unfaithful / IVF Or Child Adoption: Which One Would U Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.