Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? (2239 Views)

There’s No Much Difference Between Atheists And Theists. / Explaining The Animosity Between Atheists And Theists / God Is An Atheist: What Theists Cant argue.Discover God's God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:19pm On Dec 05, 2022
These was a joke I read many years ago but let us imagine it was real life, how will you handle it as a parent?

A girl went to her dad and asked 'Dad, where do we come from?'
The dad told her that God made the first couple and later they began to bear children who later had their own children. It happened until this day

The girl went to her mum and asked the same thing but hers was much different. She said that humans evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees
Understandably, the girl was confused and went to tell her dad what her mum said and he gave the epic reply
'Look, I have told you where I came from, your mum told you where she came from'

Though this is a joke but we know that will create more questions on the girl's mind

If it were your own child, how will you CONVINCE her?
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by tamudabu: 6:32pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Though this is a joke but we know that will create more questions on the girl's mind.
What kind of questions? Do you mean the kind of questions she'd want answered if told mum came from Kano and dad from Enugu. If so, guess she'd learn some things differ about people. After all, she should know she herself did not come from an ape but came out of her mummy's tommy.

Aemmyjah:

"Convince her" what? Convince her to continue to use her own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and seek and knock as she is already doing?

No, I do not need to convince her. What I do is buy her lots of books on the subject for her to read for herself to know where she came from. The research alone would enable her to develop her own senses such that it can be said, she sees.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Maynman: 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2022
Alot of theists worship animals especially monkeys and chimpanzees as their CREATOR, the dad should have explained further which exact god created them out of the thousands we have.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2022
tamudabu:

What kind of questions? Do you mean the kind of questions she'd want answered if told mum came from Kano and dad from Enugu. If so, guess she'd learn some things differ about people. After all, she should know she herself did not come from an ape but came out of her mummy's tommy.

"Convince her" what? Convince her to continue to use her own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and seek and knock as she is already doing?

No, I do not need to convince her. What I do is buy her lots of books on the subject for her to read for herself to know where she came from. The research alone would enable her to develop her own senses such that it can be said, she sees.

See, it's not by force you answer such question
I was talking about a little girls and not a youth
Is that how you'd have been able to convince her?
Most books nowadays try to promote evolution as well as teachers
Your approach is very very poor. Why did she come to you in the first place?
It's nice for you to help me make up her mind to be convinced but she too needs to see and hear YOUR conviction. What if she's not an avid reader?

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:
These was a joke I read many years ago but let us imagine it was real life, how will you handle it as a parent?

A girl went to her dad and asked 'Dad, where do we come from?'
The dad told her that God made the first couple and later they began to bear children who later had their own children. It happened until this day

The girl went to her mum and asked the same thing but hers was much different. She said that humans evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees
Understandably, the girl was confused and went to tell her dad what her mum said and he gave the epic reply
'Look, I have told you where I came from, your mum told you where she came from'

Though this is a joke but we know that will create more questions on the girl's mind

Only a person who didn't understand evolution or chooses to misrepresent it would come with such an absurd joke. No parent who understood evolution would say to their child we evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees.

If my child came to ask me where humans came from I will tell them we evolved simple. Then introduce them to the entire concept via books and other media.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2022
LordReed:

Only a person who didn't understand evolution or chooses to misrepresent it would come with such an absurd joke. No parent who understood evolution would say to their child we evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees.

If my child came to ask me where humans came from I will tell them we evolved simple. Then introduce them to the entire concept via books and other media.

Which books or Media will you recommend for his age
Let's say the child is 8 years old
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Which books or Media will you recommend for his age
Let's say the child is 8 years old

I'd actually start with videos. These days kids get interested faster via video. Next would be a nice picture book. This one seems nice: https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Evolution-Journey-Anna-Claybourne/dp/1782407375/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by triplechoice(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

In real life, most children who are inquisitive enough to ask such questions , wouldn't be satisfied with the dad's explanation.

The next question that would come before going to question the mum, would have been, where did God come from ?
Or, how do you know God created the first couple? and even more, where is God?

To avoid those sort of questions, which I can't honestly and correctly answer, I would not try to convinced her with anything I am not yet sure of .

But only let her know that nobody is certain about the origin of life and that scientists are still trying to make us know how exactly life began in a way we all can understand and accept .

As for you ,the op, please try to understand very well what evolution theory is. It's not the answer to the origin of life.

Morever, the theory has never said that humans evolved from chimpanzees or monkeys.

One wonders where you got that from. This is not the first thread I have seen you trying to misinterprete the theory

It appears you have been listening to people who really can't explain evolution theory in a way you can understand it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2022
LordReed:

Workch and co did imply so abi Aemmyjah you no see am for dat hin thread where he said "Ape"?
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:24pm On Dec 05, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Workch and co did imply so abi Aemmyjah you no see am for dat hin thread where he said "Ape"?

You know how atheists de do na
They are like drunk people
Sometimes they clash without realizing

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

grin grin grin
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by tamudabu: 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:
See, it's not by force you answer such question
Thank you. You did not force me to answer. I answered of my own freewill.

Aemmyjah:
I was talking about a little girls and not a youth
2 year old? 9? How old?

Aemmyjah:
Is that how you'd have been able to convince her?
I hope not to convince her of anything as I said. She already uses her mind to question every spirit so to say, so my duty is to encourage her to ask until she finds.

Aemmyjah:
Most books nowadays try to promote evolution as well as teachers
I do not believe it to be true that "Most books nowadays try to promote evolution to be true as well as teachers", considering the many centuries during which non-evolution books have been being written, but even so, praise be, since I would want my daughter to discover for herself that humans are not descended from monkeys or any other primate living today and that we only share a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees as she will find if she seeks.

Aemmyjah:
Your approach is very very poor. Why did she come to you in the first place?
It is poor to you. She came to me to get an answer to a question, and if I were ignorant like the two parents you've described then perhaps I should go to school to learn instead of filling my daughter's head with ignorant crap or send her to a library where she can better seek.

Aemmyjah:
It's nice for you to help me make up her mind to be convinced but she too needs to see and hear YOUR conviction. What if she's not an avid reader?
First, if she is not an avid reader, then I must have been negligent in my duty. For if I were a Christian, I should have taught my daughter to read since she must at least read the Christian religious book, and if I were an atheist even more so least she read only one single book and become even more ignorant.

Second, if my daughter is convinced by my own conviction, she will never learn to develop her own conviction nor would she develop her own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and knock and seek. and that's apart from me filling my daughters head with ignorant crap as the parent's above have done.

I teach my daughter to fish with her own mind than turn her mind into fish.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by tamudabu: 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Like Baptists and Methodists and Anglicans? Please note the below.

triplechoice:
It appears you have been listening to people who really can't explain evolution theory in a way you can understand it.

cc: Dtruthspeaker:

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2022
tamudabu:

Like Baptists and Methodists and Anglicans? Please note the below.

cc: Dtruthspeaker:

Make people wey sabi, make dem explain
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2022
tamudabu:

Thank you. You did not force me to answer. I answered of my own freewill.

2 year old? 9? How old?

I hope not to convince her of anything as I said. She already uses her mind to question every spirit so to say, so my duty is to encourage her to ask until she finds.

I do not believe it to be true that "Most books nowadays try to promote evolution to be true as well as teachers", considering the many centuries during which non-evolution books have been being written, but even so, praise be, since I would want my daughter to discover for herself that humans are not descended from monkeys or any other primate living today and that we only share a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees as she will find if she seeks.

It is poor to you. She came to me to get an answer to a question, and if I were ignorant like the two parents you've described then perhaps I should go to school to learn instead of filling my daughter's head with ignorant crap or send her to a library where she can better seek.

First, if she is not an avid reader, then I must have been negligent in my duty. For if I were a Christian, I should have taught my daughter to read since she must at least read the Christian religious book, and if I were an atheist even more so least she read only one single book and become even more ignorant.

Second, if my daughter is convinced by my own conviction, she will never learn to develop her own conviction nor would she develop her own heart and soul and mind and being to ask and knock and seek. and that's apart from me filling my daughters head with ignorant crap as the parent's above have done.

I teach my daughter to fish with her own mind than turn her mind into fish.

You are funny
Note that reading is unlike those days
Young ones don't like to read
If your child is not seeing evidence that his dad has faith in God or in prayers, will you give him books to learn what to believe or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 2:51am On Dec 06, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Where in it did he say we evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by tamudabu: 4:00am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You are funny
Note that reading is unlike those days
Young ones don't like to read
If your child is not seeing evidence that his dad has faith in God or in prayers, will you give him books to learn what to believe or not?

Reading is unlike what days? We are talking about the daughter I gave birth to that I was reading to while she was in the belly, right?

Are you suggesting a Christian me would not read my Bible every day with my family, and as my daughter grows not let her read it and various other books too and therefore learn to read? If so, I wonder which part of "In the beginning was the Word". Or do you think an atheist me would not make my daughter read the Bible and other books so she knows what's in them so no one can deceive her to believe what she shouldn't?

If you think either of those then I strongly suggest you advise me not to have the daughter until I perhaps read some books myself because I can assure you that after she reads she will not have faith in prayers but faith in her ability to get off her ass and work for whatever she wants and accept what some would call God's grace instead of placing her faith in prayers.

I would never give my child what to believe because I can give her the ability to ask and knock and seek for herself and gain understanding too.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2022
LordReed:

Where in it did he say we evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees?

When two persons confirm something, you want to argue
I have no such time
Why not find their posts by yourself
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:54am On Dec 06, 2022
tamudabu:

Reading is unlike what days? We are talking about the daughter I gave birth to that I was reading to while she was in the belly, right?

Are you suggesting a Christian me would not read my Bible every day with my family, and as my daughter grows not let her read it and various other books too and therefore learn to read? If so, I wonder which part of "In the beginning was the Word". Or do you think an atheist me would not make my daughter read the Bible and other books so she knows what's in them so no one can deceive her to believe what she shouldn't?

If you think either of those then I strongly suggest you advise me not to have the daughter until I perhaps read some books myself because I can assure you that after she reads she will not have faith in prayers but faith in her ability to get off her ass and work for whatever she wants and accept what some would call God's grace instead of placing her faith in prayers.

I would never give my child what to believe because I can give her the ability to ask and knock and seek for herself and gain understanding too.

What is this one saying sef?
Children tend to imitate or listen to their parents but it is better for them to make up their own beliefs too

A child ask a parent about God, you can't teach them what to believe but let them first know YOUR conviction.
Using simple illustrations and thought-provoking questions will help the child

Personally, right from infancy is when I'll teach my child spiritual things but time is coming when he might begin to question some of those things. At that point,that is when he needs to convince himself

I'll ask 'what do you think?' Why do you think that way and what do other people think. What can help me make up your mind and establish the truth?
This and many more
Even science says that he mind of a child is like a bucket waiting to be filled. Children that are thought religious values tend to do well but leaving them that way will exposed them to wrong teaching
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 7:30am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I have no such time

LoLz! 2 people that cannot quote a single post? Why is that anytime you guys are asked for evidence for a claim you are making you fold like a bad hand of poker?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! 2 people that cannot quote a single post? Why is that anytime you guys are asked for evidence for a claim you are making you fold like a bad hand of poker?

You were expecting me to go looking for their nonsense post. Are you not an ape according to science standards. Why are you shocked as if you are not an ape? Go and look for it.
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You were expecting me to go looking for their nonsense post. Are you not an ape according to science standards. Why are you shocked as if you are not an ape? Go and look for it.

You made a claim and are now asking me to go look for evidence for your own claim? What a laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2022
LordReed:

You made a claim and are now asking me to go look for evidence for your own claim? What a laugh.

Go back and check
You were arguing with Dtruthspeaker, he said your fellow atheist and indecisive agnostic Worksh that said we came from apes. Even to the point of embarrassing on Michael547 that he is an ape by all standards
Where your friends are exposing their folly, you will migrate to Mariana Trench. After sometime, you think other sensible will help you go look for it esp as two persons confirmed it
Do you now see that atheists have reversed understanding?
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Go back and check
You were arguing with Dtruthspeaker, he said your fellow atheist and indecisive agnostic Worksh that said we came from apes. Even to the point of embarrassing on Michael547 that he is an ape by all standards
Where your friends are exposing their folly, you will migrate to Mariana Trench. After sometime, you think other sensible will help you go look for it esp as two persons confirmed it
Do you now see that atheists have reversed understanding?

Your joke said we evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees, is that what Workch said? Of course not, that is why you refuse to quote what he actually said because it it will expose how disingenuous you are being. LoLz.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:48am On Dec 06, 2022
LordReed:

Your joke said we evolved from monkeys and chimpanzees, is that what Workch said? Of course not, that is why you refuse to quote what he actually said because it it will expose how disingenuous you are being. LoLz.

Have you read what Dtruthspeaker said!
They say YOU are an ape. Not me, I'm not an ape
They are he ape
Are you an ape or not?
Bwaahahahah
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Have you read what Dtruthspeaker said!
They say YOU are an ape. Not me, I'm not an ape
They are he ape
Are you an ape or not?
Bwaahahahah

Go look at my response to Dtruthspeaker, maybe it will jog your memory.

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:03am On Dec 06, 2022
LordReed:

Go look at my response to Dtruthspeaker, maybe it will jog your memory.

Oga
Are you an ape or not?
Bwahahahahaha
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by jaephoenix(m): 9:04am On Dec 06, 2022
triplechoice:

In real life, most children who are inquisitive enough to ask such questions , wouldn't be satisfied with the dad's explanation.

The next question that would come before going to question the mum, would have been, where did God come from ?
Or, how do you know God created the first couple? and even more, where is God?

To avoid those sort of questions, which I can't honestly and correctly answer, I would not try to convinced her with anything I am not yet sure of .

But only let her know that nobody is certain about the origin of life and that scientists are still trying to make us know how exactly life began in a way we all can understand and accept .

As for you ,the op, please try to understand very well what evolution theory is. It's not the answer to the origin of life.

Morever, the theory has never said that humans evolved from chimpanzees or monkeys.

One wonders where you got that from. This is not the first thread I have seen you trying to misinterprete the theory

He clams he's a biologist yet can't differentiate between an ape and a monkey. Something a kindergarten pupil can do.
Talk about how religion fries the brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by LordReed(m): 9:07am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Oga
Are you an ape or not?
Bwahahahahaha

Oh you expect me to answer your question when you won't answer mine? Keep waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:14am On Dec 06, 2022
LordReed:

Oh you expect me to answer your question when you won't answer mine? Keep waiting.

I can't go and be looking for where they mentioned so
It may be in this thread or another thread, who has such time?

Mr Bwahahahaha . Na u bring that kind laugh

Now answer me
Be proud of who you are as an intelligent person

Are you an ape or not?
Bwahahahahaha
Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by jaephoenix(m): 9:16am On Dec 06, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I have no such time
It doesn't matter the number of people that confirm it. The question is 'Is it the truth?' You just committed ad populum and besides we have more idi@ts in the world than smart people. Imagine if 1% of the world were real smart as in above average IQ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists And Theists, How Will You Handle This Scenario? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:20am On Dec 06, 2022
jaephoenix:

It doesn't matter the number of people that confirm it. The question is 'Is it the truth?' You just committed ad populum and besides we have more idi@ts in the world than smart people. Imagine if 1% of the world were real smart as in above average IQ
Lol, only an idiot will tell you that intelligent man could have been made or evolved from intelligence
Only an idiot will tell you a design has no designer or that a law has not lawgiver

Keep finding ways to console yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Are On A Mission-pastor Chris / Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 / Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.