Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement (47432 Views)

N-power Fraud: ICPC Releases D'banj / N-Power Fraud, “D’banj's List": ICPC Discovers 20,000 More Ghost Names / Sound Sultan's Family Releases Statement On His Death And The Cause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
Austriaopen:
Huh

E remain P.Square own.

Last week,a lady came to my office and asked if he should send #50000 to psquare and his group on Instagram .

She claimed she has been picked to benefit from a scheme in which few people were selected to win #2m each after they all paid #2000 each for the form.

I was surprised to have seen someone who resembled Psquare in the video call asking the poor woman to send #50000 to claim #2m.

I then told her,it's a scam and she should disregard them.

How can celebrities also involve in online and offline scam?

It's well...
that wasn’t psquare. There’s a new app being used. You select image of anybody and whatever you do with your face, the app contorts the picture to mimic what you’re doing. Yahoo boys use it now. There a video online showing how it works. I’m sure you must have come across videos of elon musk giving shoutouts to one or 2 Nigerians or speaking a Nigerian dialect…. That’s the app being used amd it looks real.

3 Likes

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by phemmyfour: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2022
inoki247:
lol the same youth of tomorrow....

I always ask people blaming Politicians for Corruption wu be the politicians no be we the same citizen lata turn Politicians.....

Na wen he neva reach ur turn u will turn activist when the table turn reach ur side u will be silent people really don't hate Corruption in this part of the world....

Na bkuz of say he neva reach dere turn....
The old ones don corrupt the youth
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Pickmycall: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
inoki247:

I always ask people blaming Politicians for Corruption wu be the politicians no be we the same citizen lata turn Politicians.....

Na wen he neva reach ur turn u will turn activist when the table turn reach ur side u will be silent people really don't hate Corruption in this part of the world....

Na all youth get clean mind? Don't you know that those who are always selected as ambassador by government are those who can dance to their tune.He would have not been selected as ambassador if he is principle.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by TheGift: 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
politicoNG:

https://icpc.gov.ng/2022/12/07/icpc-detains-dbanj-over-n-power-funds-fraud/

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7468543/icpc-arrests-dbanj-fraudulently-diverting#118965450

What type of reporting is this?

The headline says "arrested" and "detained" , meanwhile the actual report says He turned Himself in, and not even as the accused in the case.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Munzy14(m): 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
mariahAngel:
All I know is D'Banj will continue to be handsome for a veeeeeeeeeeeery long time.
As long as he doesn't get fat sha.
Rest!

Oriri ego umu ogbenye for now..Ya na sugar mom ya..
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2022
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

Iamdbanj a whole mentor and role model of Iamdbull I just pray the allegations are false.
Una mentality get as it be. What kind of nonsense prayers are you praying. A thief had been stealing funds ment for poor citizens; enjoying the money alone even without giving you Shishi; now that he is busted; you want to pray for him. All of una na criminals ; na Buhari talk am. Let ICPC cage...
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by AFONJAPIG(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2022
PastorOku:

Oya, send your account number let me credit you for this nonsense. Since you are jobless

If you think i'm joking, let's see
hehehe how can u credit someone that earn In foreign currency.. omo suffer ur suffer in Nigeria . Online dangote
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by jclassiq(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Marvieduke:
I just hope he is innocent because if he is not, he will be a laughing stock to some people.

The money is too tempting.

30,000 × 1000,000 = 30 Billion.

Now, multiply that by 12 months and you see why he is where he is now.

I have never seen any Nigerian person who wouldn't succumb to the temptation of money or s*x.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by CheapHomes1: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Sammy07:
sad

How it started

From ambassador assabador to barawo

Did he do it alone? What of his collaborators in the public service? Why are they not being mentioned? Why is ICPC using him to gain popularity? Is that not the madam that was doing school feeding programme during covid lockdown? All this selective justice won't achieve anything. The real crooks are in the civil service protected by the civil service
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by CheapHomes1: 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
jclassiq:

The money is too tempting.

30,000 × 1000,000 = 30 Billion.

Now, multiply that by 12 months and you see why he is where he is now.

I have never seen any Nigerian person who wouldn't succumb to the temptation of money or s*x.

Did he do it alone? What of his collaborators in the public service? Why are they not being mentioned? Why is ICPC using him to gain popularity? What of the madam that was doing school feeding programme during covid lockdown? All this selective justice won't achieve anything. The real crooks are in the civil service protected by the civil service
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by meobizy(f): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nairaland should milk this news so we’ll see the resolution. This will turn out better than “in 1982, Tinubu did the leg up dance before anybody.” Does D’Banj still wield influence today? My guess is yes.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Mrmb: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
cjudy:
embarassed
The other wicked thing is praying against Tinubu presidency, that's the greatest evil anyone could wish this nation.....
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by CheapHomes1: 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
Omihanifa:
This one can no longer sustain his flashy lifestyle the next thing is to be stealing the money meant to help the poor masses

Who told you that the money was meant for the poor? Which poor? The money that the minister and her minions in her ministry would have ended up stealing?
Did he steal the money by himself or the civil service under the minister used dbanj to perpetrate fraud? As far as am concerned, the guy is the victim and a scape goat
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by CheapHomes1: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
TheGift:

What type of reporting is this?

The headline says "arrested" and "detained" , meanwhile the actual report says He turned Himself in, and not even as the accused in the case.

The matter no tire you?
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by lomprico(m): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
Na as him start before na. Yahoo yahoo
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by mariahAngel(f): 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
Munzy14:

Rest!

Oriri ego umu ogbenye for now..Ya na sugar mom ya..

O wu eshiokwu? Na WA O!

I didn't want to believe he was guilty. sad
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by sukar886: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
Austriaopen:
Huh

E remain P.Square own.

Last week,a lady came to my office and asked if he should send #50000 to psquare and his group on Instagram .

She claimed she has been picked to benefit from a scheme in which few people were selected to win #2m each after they all paid #2000 each for the form.

I was surprised to have seen someone who resembled Psquare in the video call asking the poor woman to send #50000 to claim #2m.

I then told her,it's a scam and she should disregard them.

How can celebrities also involve in online and offline scam?

It's well...
Go and make money and stop pokenoising
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by CheapHomes1: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
tiswell:
dbanj is broke!

most yolobas are arrogantly broke,because their owambe lifestyle won't let them become financially stable as most igbos are sad

Dbanj wen try to rub shoulders with his igbo master and way maker don baba j.

Now see him life!

Afonjas really need to learn the facts of financial management and humility from the igbos.

I pray dbanj survives this avoidable embarrassment.

What has being Yoruba or Igbo got to do with the topic?
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by OlawaleBammie: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
LesbianBoy:
This matter makes me remember his song mogbolowonwon or something like that. Where he talks about him being involved in scam

A part of the lyrics goes " mogbolowonwon a le mu mi EMI dbanj" (dem no fit catch me I am dbanj)

Me: Now ATI mu e (now dem don catch you)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It's mobolowowongrin
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by bergs2: 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
inoki247:

Those queuing up to eat are more than those eating already; that's the matter.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Ulunne777(f): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
The minister is complicit too.During Osinbanjo time,it was paid like nysc ppl.Why is the payment being contracted out?She should have asked questions cos nearly 15% or more of the past volunteer are yet to receive their money not knowing about this.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Akharmony: 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2022
Dbaj has always been a crooke. . . I hope he will do a remix of "Mobolowowon" if fate grant him freedom

1 Like

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Yankee101: 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2022
So that new exotic car no be from music?
‘Mo gbo lowo wan’ no work this time?
Nonsense
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by PastorOku: 2:30pm On Dec 07, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
hehehe how can u credit someone that earn In foreign currency.. omo suffer ur suffer in Nigeria . Online dangote

Keep deceiving yourself. I know people like you online and surely have no time for your kind. Enjoy your Fake life!
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Mintum: 2:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
UrPapa:
30million for 12mths
360 soft milli
Dayummmmm
1 million people to receive 30,000 every month, that's 30 billion naira they are supposed to share every month. They can decide to share only 10 billion and keep the remaining 20 billion for themselves every month.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Pickmycall: 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Taich:
Nigerians are going to "alot", going through "alot", coming from "alot" and "alot" is happening underground.

I was thinking the empower 30k was paid to beneficiaries directly into their accounts and not through middlemen, I just hope there is a mix up somewhere, I hate to see a genuine hustler go down because of crumbs.
Ghost beneficiaries nko?Money was diverted into dbanj account
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Sammy5413(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
From singer to fraudster
Can't connect the dots though
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by jamiuolaleye: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2022

Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by Munzy14(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

O wu eshiokwu? Na WA O!

I didn't want to believe he was guilty. sad
For them to release a statement, problem dey.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by viodemus: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2022
I haven't read the news yet, but I am surprised by dbanj. Also surprised why he was given the money.

The govt should stop this programme. Stop giving fishes, if people are healthy, give us the people the opportunity to fish.

Note to all, just because we hear a big name like dbanj, don't mean he doesn't have the Nigerian politician syndrome, which is treasury theiving or responsibility manipulation.

if you are not prudent, you can loose more than you gain. Am not talking about stinginess. if dbanj been know person like me, him money for dun multiply, I go take 35% of the profit, for whatever duration we agree to. I have a proven track record, so no be audio doings. I just enter USA, on Saturday to sell some businesses and buy some more. Am always ready to fold my sleeve up. After USA, the Bahamas, and then London. Viodemus aka violent works some and plays some. Thank you Lord. if not people for say I dey chop their money.

E be like say I go begin drop.jewels on how to make money. Many people wey I think say sabi, na mirage. I forever remain humble.
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by S0PH: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2022
All tribalists are incredibly dumb
Re: N-Power Fraud: D'banj Arrested & Detained - ICPC Confirms, Releases Statement by johnpalmer774(m): 3:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
cjudy:
embarassed

Watching Scanty rally of disobidiots people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Regina Daniels Steps Out Looking Pretty (Photos) / Funke Akindele Dances With Her Twins To Mark Mother's Day (Photos) / Anita Joseph: Big Bumbum Cannot Keep A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.