Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? (19846 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
kwasoly:
If you have a different opinion kindly state it here cos I don't understand what ur writing.
Basically, Jesus Christ's teachings do not suggest in anyway that prayer is the way to break from past curses in one's life. Nor is it suggested anywhere in the Gospels that men have the power to place curses on anyone who is in the Kingdom of God aka one who is born-again. Only Jesus Christ has that power and His curses on sinners in the Kingdom of God are clearly outlined in His teachings. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Hotice085: 9:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

My brother, you are still a kid on Spiritual issues.

Do you think that the hurricanes that has been causing havoc in the United States and her neighbouring nations are ordinary.

Is it not the same Alantic Ocean that surrounds Africa that is located in the America. Why is the Ocean so calm in Africa but violent in North America.

Is that not a consequence of anceatral curse against the nations in North America? Note that the Pacific Ocean also surround America but has not cause any havoc because this curse was as a result of an abomination carried out in the Atlantic ocean.

You need to seek spiritual knowledge because the world is very deep.

You made me � sotey sotey sotey tears comot for my eyes
So those native Americans still living in America and the slaves will also join and suffer the hurricanes too despite them not committing the abominations of the Europeans?
Or what about the Caribbeans countries that are mostly slaves descendants why are they still having all manners of hurricanes too?

What about the Arabs that committed all manners of abominations too, why is theirs also calmer than that of Africa too even the Arabs did worse by chasing many Africans from their ancestral home and took over it, abeg which spiritual knowledge do we need to understand in the Mediterranean India ocean and Atlantic ocean?

So which spiritual knowledge do you need to understand that Pastors in Nigeria have been scamming members, wives of pastors sleeping with other men or churches building schools with tithes and offerings that poor members cannot attend

Is it spiritual knowledge Nigeria needs to have one functional refinery or for an oil rich state like Bayelsea with just 9local government not to be able to pay their teachers while a Boko Haram state of Borno is not owing workers and Pensioners

Honestly many of you so called spiritual persons are the biggest problem here in Nigeria and Africa

How many churches are in Rwanda and how many in Nigeria? Can you compare their economy to Nigeria...... spiritual knowledge Kee you dia
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Hotice085: 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

A non born again is not affected by this nonsense let alone a born again, what is affecting you is environmental conditions if you were born in Canada America UK or Japan you will never know what is called "Generational curses" do you think Africans are more superstitious than others before now?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by kwasoly(m): 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Basically, Jesus Christ's teachings do not suggest in anyway that prayer is the way to break from past curses in one's life. Nor is it suggested anywhere in the Gospels that men have the power to place curses on anyone who is in the Kingdom of God aka one who is born-again. Only Jesus Christ has that power and His curses on sinners in the Kingdom of God are clearly outlined in His teachings. undecided

I will appreciate if you can back up this words with scripture.
What happened in the case of Reuben when Jacob cursed him.
And moses reversed the curse.
When the bible says a curse causeless shall not stand what does it mean?
Please do your research and come back
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
vicardino:

So according to you, Jesus broke all the curses but in order for a Christian to enjoy the benefits of what Jesus did, he/she has to break the curses again in the name of Jesus? How many times are curses broken? Cos if Jesus broke it according to you, what again do I need to break? Same curses that Jesus already broke? And please stop quoting scriptures out of context

Let us look at it from this way.

Assuming you are a student in the University of Benin and your parents who lives in Lagos sent you your tuition and hostel fees through your bank account.
It is your responsibility to go to the Bank, withdraw the money and use it to pay your tuition fee and also pay for your hostel.

That is similar to what Jesus Christ did on the Cross. He deposited our victory over the Devil, his demons, sickness, curses and evil convenants on a Spiritual bank through His death and resurrection.

Hence you will have to visit this Spiritual bank through Prayer, activate this Victory by faith and use it to overcome the problems of your life.

Hence if there is an ancestral curse in your family, and you fail to activate your victory in Jesus Christ through fasting and prayer, that curse will manifest in your life notwithstanding you are born again.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2022
kwasoly:
1. I will appreciate if you can back up this words with scripture. What happened in the case of Reuben when Jacob cursed him.
And moses reversed the curse.
2. When the bible says a curse causeless shall not stand what does it mean? Please do your research and come back
1. Here's a question for you. What was the exact curse that Jacob placed on Reuben, so we can map this claim of yours that Moses reversed the curse? undecided

2. According to the verse, you are not to worry when someone curses you for no reason. But what constitutes a valid reason for a person to curse another person though? undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Geominer: 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, none of these verses provide evidence for the claim you made regarding prayer being the master key and all that. How come? undecided

Lmao, like I got all time to spare. My brother believe or not, its your life, choice and cross.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 10:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
Hotice085:

You made me � sotey sotey sotey tears comot for my eyes
So those native Americans still living in America and the slaves will also join and suffer the hurricanes too despite them not committing the abominations of the Europeans?
Or what about the Caribbeans countries that are mostly slaves descendants why are they still having all manners of hurricanes too?

What about the Arabs that committed all manners of abominations too, why is theirs also calmer than that of Africa too even the Arabs did worse by chasing many Africans from their ancestral home and took over it, abeg which spiritual knowledge do we need to understand in the Mediterranean India ocean and Atlantic ocean?

So which spiritual knowledge do you need to understand that Pastors in Nigeria have been scamming members, wives of pastors sleeping with other men or churches building schools with tithes and offerings that poor members cannot attend

Is it spiritual knowledge Nigeria needs to have one functional refinery or for an oil rich state like Bayelsea with just 9local government not to be able to pay their teachers while a Boko Haram state of Borno is not owing workers and Pensioners

Honestly many of you so called spiritual persons are the biggest problem here in Nigeria and Africa

How many churches are in Rwanda and how many in Nigeria? Can you compare their economy to Nigeria...... spiritual knowledge Kee you dia

Like I said before, you are a kid on Spiritual issues. Hence I expected you to laugh over what I confided in you.

However, the United States which you regard as not Spiritually inclined is the most sophisticated spiritual nation on Earth. The United States is the headquarter of Amork , Freemason , Skull and Bones etc.

What makes the United States powerful is her Spiritual Sophistication. All the Great inventors from the United States are powerful members of Secret societies. Go and do your research.

Nigeria is a novice in Spiritual issues when compare to the United States that is why we are fumbling as a nation. A nation that is not spiritually strong cannot do exploit in Science and Technology. A nation that is not spiritually strong cannot take advantage of her natural resources.

You talked about the Arabs and why they do not have hurricanes since they were also involve in Slave Trade?

God has His own way of punishing every man and every nation on Earth for the evils that they have committed. That is what the Hindus call Karma. The way He is punishing the United States might be different from how He is punishing the Arabs. Hence if God has not start punishing the Arabs, then their days of reckoning will surely come.

When God decided to destroy the city of Jericho, all the people in the City including the foreigners and innocent people partake in the punishment. When God decided to destroy Sodom, it took the prayer of Abraham before Lot and his family were saved. If not for Abraham, Lot and his family will be destroyed with the people of Sodom.

Hence all the descendants of Slaves in the United States shall suffer the punishment of Slave trade with the Whites as long as they live in the United States territory and other surrounding nations.

Hence just as a foreigner , Slave or immigrant living in city will partake in the blessings of that city, such foreigner will also suffer if the wrath of God fail upon such city.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Geominer:
Lmao, like I got all time to spare. My brother believe or not, its your life, choice and cross.
All I am itching to learn is where this idea linking prayer up as the key to deliverance from curses and breaking of what you call yokes comes from because I have never seen those stated anywhere by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by BigIyanga: 10:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Yes oo. Sadly, generational curses don't recognise whether you're born again or not. The bible has said it all in Deut 5:9.

That's why people must pray always....without ceasing. However,if you're from a family of believers, those curses could have been broken along the line and you'd not be affected.

I had a colleague back in the days . He was older than me. I dey call am bros. He's from Isoko area of Delta. He told me one day in the office that, he's afraid right now. I asked bros what's it? He said nobody in their lineage lives beyond 40 years. God Almighty is my witness if I lie. I told him not to fret but put it into prayers and seek God's face for mercy. He celebrated his 40th birthday, nothing happened. He had celebrated 50th birthday already and still living. He prayed oo

Sadly, his younger sister died a few years back when she was approaching 40 years...it was just a few months to her 40th birthday. They took her body home. I now remembered what he once told me...I was shocked. Only God knows what happened generations back...and someome placed a curse on them which affected their generations. He's now a pastor sef. Definitely, the curse wouldn't have any power over his children cos it's been broken in his generation already.

Many weird things happen to many people in life and they'd think its ordinary...people always ought to be praying. Sadly, this generation is a wayward type. Many don't even believe God ever exists. I only shake my head for them.

One day, I visited my inlaw who told me her friend had a breast cancer. I asked for her name and I gave it to my pastor for prayers. My pastor said, she can't survive it because its gone too far on her before they could realise it. He said the cancer had affected 4th generation before hers. He said but if someone can pray for her...if she has a daughter who hasn't known any man, and can read a book of psalm which he gave me, on her, she'd make heaven. He said the psalm was about forgiveness of sin.
This pure iberiberism to fact.. She had cancee because cancerous genes run in her DNA/family.. no amount of deception by pastors can change that.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Geominer: 10:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
All I am itching to learn is where this idea linking prayer up as the key to deliverance from curses and breaking of what you call yokes comes from because I have never seen those stated anywhere by Jesus Christ. undecided

Have played my part already, contact Rigteousness2 for more info. Am out.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On Dec 11, 2022
Geominer:
Have played my part already, contact [b]Rigteousness2 [/b]for more info. Am out.
That dingleberry-doo is your source for God's truth? Yikes! shocked
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by kwasoly(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Here's a question for you. What was the exact curse that Jacob placed on Reuben, so we can map this claim of yours that Moses reversed the curse? undecided

2. According to the verse, you are not to worry when someone curses you for no reason. But what constitutes a valid reason for a person to curse another person though? undecided

1. You can get it from Gen 49:3-4

2. As a born again if you do something wrong against a person without remorse or asking for forgiveness and the person curse you. Oyo is ur case.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 10:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
phemmyfour:
That's persecution not CURSES. Seems you don't really know the meaning of CURSE

I used the death of James to give an example of the Principle involved in activating the benefits of the death of Jesus Christ.

As a believer, whatever you are passing through on Earth, for God to intervene in your situation, you need to observe that principle.

That Principle is called fasting and praying.

If you send $2 million to a poor man and the poor man refuses to go to the Bank and activate the money, he will remain a poor man despite the fact that there is $2 million in his account.

Jesus gave us victory over ancestral curses through His death on the Cross( Galatians 3:13-15). That victory is like a money sent into our account. For we to enjoy that victory, we have to activate it through fasting and prayer.

If there is an ancestral curse in believer' s linage, and the believer fails to fast and pray against it, the victory given to him/her by Jesus will remain in his/her Spiritual Bank account while the believer will remain under the Curse.

That is why the Bible says that God's people perish due to lack of knowledge.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Geominer: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That dingleberry-doo is your source for God's truth? Yikes! shocked
Shallom.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
kwasoly:

1. You can get it from Gen 49:3-4

2. As a born again if you do something wrong against a person without remorse or asking for forgiveness and the person curse you. Oyo is ur case.
1. According to the passage below, Jacob's curse is that Reuben would not remain Jacob's honored son, right? undecided
1 Then Jacob called all his sons to him. He said, “My sons, come here to me. I will tell you what will happen in the future.
2 “Children of Jacob, gather around. Come listen to Israel, your father.
3 “Reuben, my first son, you are my strength, the first proof of my manhood. You were the most honored and powerful of all my sons.
4 But your passion was like a flood you couldn’t control. So you will not remain my most honored son. You climbed into your father’s bed and slept with one of his wives. You brought shame to my bed, to the bed you lay on. - Genesis 49 vs 1 - 4
So, where and how exactly did Moses restore Reuben's status as Jacob's honored son in this reversal of the curse on Reuben you hinted at earlier? undecided

2. Where do you get this idea from though? I ask since the teachings of Jesus Christ speak of an entirely different situation existing as far as those who belong in the Kingdom of God. Now, don't get me wrong here as being born-again in no way means one is curse free. Instead, it simply means one has exited the world and has gained access into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - either through the Broad gate that leads to destruction(Eternal damnation) or through the Narrow gate which leads to True life(Eternal reward) at the end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. Yes, all of those who will end up in Hell(Eternal damnation) are all equally born-again, and heavily cursed as a result of their sins. However, once a man gains access to the Kingdom of God, He is completely under the jurisdiction of Jesus Christ meaning only Jesus Christ can curse or bless such a one. undecided

By the way, there are curses laid out by Jesus Christ for the sinners in the Kingdom of God and those curses are only avoidable through the obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the only way. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
let the OP kindly listen to APOSTLE JOSHUA SELMAN'S MESSAGE THE MYSTERY OF DELIVERANCE Part 1-4 to understand more about this..
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by kwasoly(m): 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. According to the passage below, Jacob's curse is that Reuben would not remain Jacob's honored son, right? undecided So, where and how exactly did Moses restore Reuben's status as Jacob's honored son in this reversal of the curse on Reuben you hinted at earlier? undecided

2. Where do you get this idea from though? I ask since the teachings of Jesus Christ speak of an entirely different situation existing as far as those who belong in the Kingdom of God. Now, don't get me wrong here as being born-again in no way means one is curse free. Instead, it simply means one has exited the world and has gained access into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 - either through the Broad gate that leads to destruction(Eternal damnation) or through the Narrow gate which leads to True life(Eternal reward) at the end - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. Yes, all of those who will end up in Hell(Eternal damnation) are all equally born-again, and heavily cursed as a result of their sins. However, once a man gains access to the Kingdom of God, He is completely under the jurisdiction of Jesus Christ meaning only Jesus Christ can curse or bless such a one. undecided

By the way, there are curses laid out by Jesus Christ for the sinners in the Kingdom of God and those curses are only avoidable through the obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the only way. undecided

1. The curse is actually stated in verse 4, where he said thou shall not excel and he gave reasons for the curse.
Then deut 33:6 shows where moses reversed it.

2. When interpreting scriptures you don't separate the teaching of Jesus from the Bible cos that what ur trying to do.
Old and new testament is what makes the bible complete.
Everything Jesus preached from was captured from the old testament so don't separate the two.
If you want you can come inbox will create time for u for bible study on this.
A born again can be affected by a curse.
Selah
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
kwasoly:
1. The curse is actually stated in verse 4, where he said thou shall not excel and he gave reasons for the curse. Then deut 33:6 shows where moses reversed it.

2. When interpreting scriptures you don't separate the teaching of Jesus from the Bible cos that what ur trying to do.
Old and new testament is what makes the bible complete.

3. Everything Jesus preached from was captured from the old testament so don't separate the two. If you want you can come inbox will create time for u for bible study on this.
A born again can be affected by a curse.
Selah
1. But how can this be reasonably construed as a reversal of Jacob's curse for Pete's sake? undecided
6 “Let Reuben live, and not die! But let there be only a few people in his tribe!”Deuteronomy 33 vs 6
Please compare the curse to the above and tell me exactly how Moses' statement regarding Reuben(the tribe) could be construed a reversal of a curse which stripped Reuben, the man of his honor as the firstborn son? undecided

2. I never interpret scripture. Rather, I state exactly that which is written. Jesus Christ urged those who would believe to accept His teachings as given by Him and that is exactly what I do- accept His Word as is. undecided

Jesus Christ sent His followers out to teach to those in His World the Gospel of the Kingdom of God which He taught to them, and there is a reason why He did that. He, Jesus Christ, is God's New Covenant and Law in the Kingdom of God, and that which is the Gospel is the detail of the Law which is He, Jesus Christ. That detail contains blessings, curses, promises, information on acceptable rituals, commandments, etc., much like the Old Law of Moses which happens to be the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan given by God specifically to the children of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

3. Jesus Christ Himself warned His followers never to mix old wine(the Old Law's teachings) with New wine(the Gospels) explaining that the result of such action would be destructive. Given that the jurisdiction of the Old Law begins and ends with the children of Israel in the Land of Canaan, whereas that of the New Law begins and ends in the Kingdom of God — a kingdom that is not even of this world — surely, you can see how it is not possible to have one foot in the Old Law and one foot in the New Law, Jesus Christ. That amounts to attempting to serve two different masters - a sin in the Kingdom of God. undecided

4. Anyways, when you are born-again, you are no longer of this world but of the Kingdom of God, and only God has power over those who are in the Kingdom. That is why Jesus Christ called on HIs followers to no longer fear men. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2022
Ayo081:

Lmao cheesy

Most of y'all think we're fowls.

Do you read your Bible at all? Because a non-christain won't even start like this.

Any Christian who relaxes thinking that Jesus Christ had defeated the Devil and has broken all ancetral curses relating to him will end up like a fowl in the Devil' s pot.

That is why Apostle Paul told us to put on the whole armor of God and wrestle the devil and the fallen angels ( Ephesians 6:11-12).

Paul made that statement after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He did not tell us to begin celebrating the victory that Jesus gave us. That victory will only manifest after we have fight with the Principalities, powers, rulers of darkness and Spiritual Wickedness.

Hence a word is enough for the wise.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by TheRealOwner(m): 11:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Ooook. So it's only the spirit that's saved? So it means a born again Christian should enjoy himself f**king about anyhow since, you know, only his spirit is saved. Where the hell do all these "deliverance" pastors get all these diabolic ideas from?! What does "old things have passed away, all things have become new" mean to you? Oh! Let's avoid that part of the bible because it's not good for business and the narratives that go with it. SMH.

Have you read 2nd Corinthians 5? It absolutely has nothing to do with deliverance.
So you believe it's biblical to pray for sick Christians or those trying to conceive but it's unbiblical to break ancestral curses and evil patterns and cast out demons and evil spirits from Christians?? Are you a troll?

Did you see the part where I mentioned how to be free from those things?

If you don't believe in deliverance, it's fine. Those that need it and believe in it will seek those that can perform it, and will get their freedom.

You can keep believing what you believe. It will not stop people from getting free from bondages
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Lanxoe96(m): 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
Mathiasa:
We are the reason we are being affected by our ancestry sins, this is because of our lack of faith.
Everyday we keep reminding God to forgive us our sins and that of or ancestors, we keep repeating the same prayers day and night, weeks after weeks months after months and yearly.
If you pray to God to forgive you ur sins once and u believe it's been forgiven, why repeat the prayer everyday?
What I think is that we never believed God forgave us the first time we asked for forgiveness.
Just pray once and believe that he has forgiven you the sins and move on.
If you repeat same prayers (ancestral sins) everyday, it means u never believed God forgave you in the first place, and that shows lack of faith.
What is faith with doubt? It means unbelieve.
Why will God forgive you if u don't believe he actually did.
Just pray for forgiveness, believe and that all. Stop repeating prayers .
You've got a point tho, but we might have sinned and be oblivious of it, that's why when we pray, we ask for mercy for both sins committed deliberately/ indeliberately... Moreover it's stated in the bible that if we say we are of no sins, then we lie...
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
MikeofAfrica:
1. Any Christian who relaxes thinking that Jesus Christ had defeated the Devil and has broken all ancetral curses relating to him will end up like a fowl in the Devil' s pot.
So are you in some way insinuating that when Jesus Christ proclaimed to His followers — those who live their lives in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments — that He had(past tense) overcome the world on their behalf, in addition to giving them His peace to buffer them through all suffering and tribulation that awaited them, He, Jesus Christ, in fact, lied? undecided

Are you suggesting that when Jesus Christ insisted that He had given to His followers more power than Satan has, He, Jesus Christ was mistaken? undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Ayo081(m): 11:37pm On Dec 11, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

Any Christian who relaxes thinking that Jesus Christ had defeated the Devil and has broken all ancetral curses relating to him will end up like a fowl in the Devil' s pot.

That is why Apostle Paul told us to put on the whole armor of God and wrestle the devil and the fallen angels ( Ephesians 6:11-12).

Paul made that statement after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He did not tell us to begin celebrating the victory that Jesus gave us. That victory will only manifest after we have fight with the Principalities, powers, rulers of darkness and Spiritual Wickedness.

Hence a word is enough for the wise.
lol
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Dec 11, 2022
Lanxoe96:
You've got a point tho, but we might have sinned and be oblivious of it, that's why when we pray, we ask for mercy for both sins committed deliberately/ indeliberately... Moreover it's stated in the bible that if we say we are of no sins, then we lie...
I am afraid the poster you responded to has no point. What he has is Religion which does not amount to anything tangible as far as God's Word is concerned. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So are you in some way insinuating that when Jesus Christ proclaimed to His followers — those who live their lives in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments — that He had(past tense) overcome the world on their behalf, in addition to giving them His peace to buffer them through all suffering and tribulation that awaited them, He, Jesus Christ, in fact, lied? undecided

Are you suggesting that when Jesus Christ insisted that He had given to His followers more power than Satan has, He, Jesus Christ was mistaken? undecided

Let us look at it this way.

If you send $2 million to a poor man through his bank account but the poor man fails to visit the bank and activate the money, he will remain poor despite the huge money in his account.

You are absolute right that Jesus ovecame the World on our behalf and gave us victory over the devil, sicknesses, Curses etc. Those benefits are store in a Spiritual bank.

For you to enjoy them, you have to visit this bank through fasting and prayer and take these benefits by force because some powers will resist your effort to claim them.

That is why Matthew 11:12 says that from the days of John of Baptist, the Kingdom of Heaven has suffer violence and the violent take their blessings by force.

That is also why Paul told us to put on the whole armor of God and begin wrestling with Spiritual forces holding our blessings ( Ephesians 6:11-12).

The Government of Nigeria has given our Soldiers more power than bandits but if our Soldiers fail to exercise this power, they will be overrun by bandits.

Silimarly, Jesus has given us more power than Satan but if we fail to exercise this power, Satan will overrun us and destroy us.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by SLOVFO(m): 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2022
Millz404:
Other countries are building hydroloops, spaceship, self driving cars, so much advancement at a rapid rate. Africans are busy in their backwardness asking dumb questions
It's unfortunate that demonic activities thrive in Africa. If we have these much dark forces working in other(developed) climes, trust me, they won't be making much technological advancements.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kelaatec: 3:08am On Dec 12, 2022
Been born again is only the beginning
Building up maturity with Christ Jesus believing with faith, you re redeemed from every Ancestral foundation....
The moment you give your life to Christ with understanding, you have denied your ancestral roots such that no foundation has power over your life anymore..
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by edoairways: 4:03am On Dec 12, 2022
tctrills:

I knew you would finally go this way. Oga read your scripture. Stop being proud.

When you are born again, you are washed by the blood of Christ. It washes away all your curses.
Sidon dey deceive yourself. Experience is a great lesson, no need to argue with you
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Mathiasa(m): 5:27am On Dec 12, 2022
Lanxoe96:
Yes I agree with you that we sin even without knowing. My point here is that our ancestors are no more and I don't think they still sin since they are no more. So asking for forgiveness for their sins on a daily shows lack of faith.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by phemmyfour: 5:51am On Dec 12, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

I used the death of James to give an example of the Principle involved in activating the benefits of the death of Jesus Christ.

As a believer, whatever you are passing through on Earth, for God to intervene in your situation, you need to observe that principle.

That Principle is called fasting and praying.

If you send $2 million to a poor man and the poor man refuses to go to the Bank and activate the money, he will remain a poor man despite the fact that there is $2 million in his account.

Jesus gave us victory over ancestral curses through His death on the Cross( Galatians 3:13-15). That victory is like a money sent into our account. For we to enjoy that victory, we have to activate it through fasting and prayer.

If there is an ancestral curse in believer' s linage, and the believer fails to fast and pray against it, the victory given to him/her by Jesus will remain in his/her Spiritual Bank account while the believer will remain under the Curse.

That is why the Bible says that God's people perish due to lack of knowledge.
You are just typing gibberish. No single scripture support yours claims. You are spiritual illiterate
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Wealthinwealth1: 7:26am On Dec 12, 2022
When you are truly born again, you have surrendered your life to Christ and the bible said if any man be in Christ, hes a new creature, old things are passed away and all things have become new. You seem to have also skipped the part I said you need to be enlightened, constant studying of the Word of God brings light and that's where your eyes can be opened to behold your right in God and the wondrous world of God.
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid this is a lie! undecided

Being in Christ isn't the same as being born-again. This since all those who gain access into the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate which leads to destruction at the end are also born-again- John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 30. . Yes, all those who will end up in Hell after Jesus Christ returns are all born-agains, too. undecided

2. You are not Jacob nor are you Israel. By the way, God Himself cursed Israel and scattered them all across the world. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

'Stop And Think' - Oyedepo Preaches As Landmark University Clocks Eight / TB Joshua Correctly Predicts Russian Plane Crash Of Wednesday / Pastor (Mrs) Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.