Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? (19840 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Possessed By Demon? / Should A Born Again Christian Look Sexy in Public? / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Dogeland: 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2022
I
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Satazaa: 5:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
casualobserver:
What we tend to refer to in this world as ancestral bondage is simply learned behavior!!

Things you learn at home, that you cannot shake off easily because that is how you were groomed/raised. Knowingly or unknowingly.

That’s why they are difficult to shake off. As Ann example a child of a single mother or a divorced family will also likely to be a single parent or divorcee because that is what you know. And I have seen many say they went through so much pain and don’t want it only for it to repeat it. They do t know what it takes to mai rain a home with 2 parents because they didn’t experience it. They see divorce as an option because their parents divorced and that is their template.

Similarly we subconsciously inculcate certain habits ways of thinking/ mindsets in our children based on our professions. A child of a politician is used to the ways of politicians, a child of a business man understands instinctively the ways of business, the child of a teacher learns certain habits without being deliberately taught. The child of a soldier, policeman etc etc etc . Your parents will bring certain subconscious habits home based on their profession.

These are the things we in Africa call ancestral bonds…. I don’t know if you can pray them away!!!!
OP this points you raised is by far the most brilliant take on this issues, simply awesome and hundred thumbs up for you bro undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by judedwriter(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!

Being born born again does not exempt you from ancestral curses and bondages.

Rather it empowers you to overcome them by the power of God through His Word and the Holy Spirit.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Jjennecco: 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
Repent .and confess Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior bible said there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus then pray without season.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
Indispensable85:
There's a reason people go for deliverance after becoming born again.
That's because in their sins, their delusions continue. your deliverance cannot deliver anyone from God's curse. And yes, Jesus Christ laid out curses for those who will chose to continue in sin. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Indispensable85(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That's because in their sins, their delusions continue. your deliverance cannot deliver anyone from God's curse. And yes, Jesus Christ laid out curses for those who will chose to continue in sin. undecided

That's not the type of curse the OP is talking about.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
TheRealOwner:
Yes. When you get saved as a Christian, it is your spirit and your spirit ONLY that is saved

The same way you are still subject to natural laws and events like gravity, hunger and thirst is the same way you are still subject to the things that were operational spiritually before you got saved.

Now, how do break free from all these things mentioned??

1) By growing in knowledge of God's word to know all that we have in Christ, all we can do and who we have become
2) by conscious spiritual exercises to break, bound or loose as appropriate

Ooook. So it's only the spirit that's saved? So it means a born again Christian should enjoy himself f**king about anyhow since, you know, only his spirit is saved. Where the hell do all these "deliverance" pastors get all these diabolic ideas from?! What does "old things have passed away, all things have become new" mean to you? Oh! Let's avoid that part of the bible because it's not good for business and the narratives that go with it. SMH.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Ezenzu: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2022
ebubeson:
If someone gets born again, will the person still be affected by past ancestral Bondages or curses? Please contribute... in situations were you offended someone and the person cursed, you may have to go back to apologize or return what you stole..

Please contribute!
If you are genuinely born again it won't have any binding effect on you. Making restitution after giving your life to Christ will advancely help. When a man is in Christ, he is a new creature.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Naira20:
Yes, if he is ignorant of who he is supposed to be.

This is the most apt reply I've seen here. That ignorance is also always promoted by all these dodgy "deliverance" pastors who use it to manipulate and keep people under bondage in the name of conducting "deliverance" for people (in most cases, at a fee of other forms of payment).

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
IranianSea:

Pastorpreneurers will tell you NO that once you give them your hard earned money, you have nothing worry whereas they knew you do.

Contrary to your post, they'll actually say yes, the Christian will still be affected. This is to make sure you come for "deliverance" sessions that involve all sorts of manipulation and other things.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Naira20: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
You have a point but deliverance isn't a bad word just that many arrogate "deliverance" ministers to themselves instead of pointing men to Jesus, the deliverer.

HedwigesMaduro:

This is the most apt reply I've seen here. That ignorance is also always promoted by all these dodgy "deliverance" pastors who use it to manipulate and keep people under bondage in the name of conducting "deliverance" for people (in most cases, at a fee of other forms of payment).
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kingxchange44:
The truth is that Africans are bitter, witchcraft exist here in Africa and are used for destruction, all the posters above me should note that. There is grace and there are enemies against ones success as well as long as Africa is concerned also our bad government adds up.

In this life all I can tell you is make sure you find peace with your creator, think big, work towards goals, try as much as possible and do what is right at least the small ones you can do, commit the rest to God and see things move well for you.

And someone told you witchcraft was never a thing in Europe/America? You're one of those that have been brainwashed that all the occultic evils in the world are just limited to Africa and Asia, while the West is a cleansed, blessed region where only science holds sway, I suppose? You need to read more.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by fijihems: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
Naijanascam:
In a nutshell........ You can't eat your cake and have it....

The bottom line is refrain from Evil

You need to contact Evangelist Ebuka Obi of Zion prayer ministry outreach Lagos. He will educate you.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2022
olusledge:
If the current day Germans are not affected by ancestral curses after the atrocities committed by Nazi Germany , am sorry there’s nothing to be worried about

Lol. Those people always think it's only Africans that had ancestors that perpetrated evil.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by danowena: 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
chidiebere2020:
In the same book of Bible you get both angles. For example, Deuteronomy 5:9-10 says, "I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing lovingkindness to thousands [of generations, see 7:9], to those who love Me and keep My commandments." But in Deuteronomy 24:16 it says, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin." Both perspectives are in the same book. (Compare also Jeremiah 32:17-18 with Jeremiah 31:29.)
Interesting. Where does the blood of Jesus' redemption of sins come in?
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Charly68: 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2022
You know what you have been battling with even after claiming to be born again. Those issues are as result of your past life.. you must deal with them on the altar of prayers before you can experience total freedom. I believed that is the reason Jesus told us to ask till our joy be full in John 16:24
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
No,it's different! One minute you are you, the next you have another aspect to you that is not under your control or grasp, a sort of appendage that wields you and not the other way around. It is actually fascinating because that spirit is with you 24/7 sometimes even a headache to your existence but over time you both meld, as it matures, and you no longer notice it apart from you but you stil can't control it as instead it controls you. grin
Huh? undecided Sounds like Bipolar to me, you need to see a psychiatrist ASAP
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 11, 2022
Born again my bottom!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by edoairways: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

The verse you quoted does not apply if the child does not continue in the sins of the father.
Study you Bible.

The son would not be punished for the sins of the father.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Ignorance is a disease . Satan dwell on your ignorance to deceive you
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by danowena: 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Oga it's clear you don't know what it means to be born again and you clearly don't know the power of the blood of Christ.
For you to believe that ancestral curses can withstand the blood of Christ, I need to ask, are you truly a Christian?
i was discussing with a friend recently how many people don't know the difference between work and grace. The concept of grace is so simple that it confuses even the "very serious born-agains". They want to work and mix it with "a little grace" (in their mind) then call it Grace. Romans 11:6.
Grace means receiving an unearned gift. It is always given and never paid for. The idea that a person's work—such as keeping the law—could in some way contribute to receiving God's grace is a self-contradicting idea. If that were possible, grace would not be grace.
Many don't grasp that the blood of Jesus that makes you born-again is all encompassing at it breaks all chains of darkness whether curses (generational or self, repercussions for sins, etc). It cleanses completely and not partially. It is sad that some big time churches especially the deliverance ministries seems to preach that the blood of Jesus is not enough.

1 Like

Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Geominer:
LUKE 18:1
1 JOHN 5:14
None of these verses provide evidence for the claim you made. Where exactly is it written or implied that Prayer is the master key and the lot as you had claimed? undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by naijknight: 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Bible dey confuse himself
chidiebere2020:
In the same book of Bible you get both angles. For example, Deuteronomy 5:9-10 says, "I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing lovingkindness to thousands [of generations, see 7:9], to those who love Me and keep My commandments." But in Deuteronomy 24:16 it says, "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin." Both perspectives are in the same book. (Compare also Jeremiah 32:17-18 with Jeremiah 31:29.)
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 6:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
Geominer:
Jeremiah 33:3
Philipians 4:6
Again, none of these verses provide evidence for the claim you made regarding prayer being the master key and all that. How come? undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
Indispensable85:
That's not the type of curse the OP is talking about.
But curses are curses though meaning nothing good come from them. So, if a person is deluded into believing one particular curse resembles another, who is to say it can't be the curse at work? grin
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Kobojunkie: 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
gypsey:
Huh? undecided Sounds like Bipolar to me, you need to see a psychiatrist ASAP
You have never experienced bipolar depression for yourself, have you? I lived it for most of my life and I can explain it to you like it were a buddy of mine but this spirit stuff is completely nothing like it. Even my psychiatrists were stumped when it all started, telling me instead that they couldn't find anything wrong with me. undecided
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2022
phemmyfour:
For Christ has redeemed us from every curse of the law. A believer no longer operate under any curse under the canopy of the Almighty God.

Galatians 3:13: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.

Num 23:23
No curse can touch Jacob; no magic has any power against Israel. For now it will be said of Jacob, ‘What wonders God has done for Israel!’

You are right but you are simpfying a complicated spiritual issue.

Assuming your Father brought a car for you. He will not drive the car on your behalf. He expects you to learn how to drive, move into the car and impress him by driving the car.

That is similar to what Jesus Christ did for us. He gave us victory over the Devil and his demons. However, in the book of 1 Peter 5: 8-9, we were told to resist the devil.

Hence if we fail to resist the devil through prayers, we will not enjoy the victory given to us by Jesus Christ.

Similarly, if we fail to break ancestral Curses through prayers , we will not enjoy the victory that Jesus gave us over ancestral curses.

Jesus has brought the car of victory for us. We have to learn how to drive the car by resisting the devil through prayers. If we fail to pray, the victory of Jesus will not be effective in our lives.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2022
GRACEGLORY:

Galatians 3:13
“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole. '”

Romans 8:1
8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation(A) for those who are in Christ Jesus

Need I say more....

But until you come to the understanding of the above scriptures, curses will take advantage of you, until satan knows you now know your spiritual rights

Assuming your Father brought a car for you. He will not drive the car on your behalf. He expects you to learn how to drive, move into the car and impress him by driving the car.

That is what Jesus Christ did for us. He gave us victory over the Devil and his demons. However, in the book of 1 Peter 5: 8-9, we were told to resist the same devil .

Hence if we fail to resist the devil through prayers, we will not enjoy the victory given to us by Jesus Christ.

Similarly, if we fail to break ancestral Curses through prayers , we will not enjoy the victory that Jesus gave us over ancestral curses.

Jesus has brought the car of victory for us. We have to learn how to drive the car by resisting the devil through prayers. If we fail to pray, the victory of Jesus will not be effective in our lives.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by phemmyfour: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

That is similar to what Jesus Christ did for us. He gave us victory over the Devil and his demons. However, in the book of 1 Peter 5: 8-9, we were told to resist the devil.

Nothing like complicated spiritual issues before Jesus'. Once you surrendered to him, he took over the steering.

He died for ALL CURSES: generational, ancestral, historical etc.

You don't need to break what is already BROKEN. CURSES doesn't reside in DNA or gene like cancer
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Oga read your bible, there is nothing like ancestral curses. Stop mixing African fetish beliefs with Christianity.
Only African Christians talk about Ancestral curses.
Your bible teaches that who God has blessed, no one can curse.

My brother, you are still a kid on Spiritual issues.

Do you think that the hurricanes that has been causing havoc in the United States and her neighbouring nations are ordinary.

Is it not the same Alantic Ocean that surrounds Africa that is located in the America. Why is the Ocean so calm in Africa but violent in North America.

Is that not a consequence of anceatral curse against the nations in North America? Note that the Pacific Ocean also surround America but has not cause any havoc because this curse was as a result of an abomination carried out in the Atlantic ocean.

You need to seek spiritual knowledge because the world is very deep.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Dumte(m): 6:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
It is written:
2 Corinthians 5:17
New International Version
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!

The above verse clears everything. The moment you become born again, there is a level of divine protection that automatically covers you from under the law of any ancestral course. The Bible assures us in Colossians 2: 14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;.

Shalom!
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by MikeofAfrica: 6:33pm On Dec 11, 2022
tctrills:

Oga read your bible, there is nothing like ancestral curses. Stop mixing African fetish beliefs with Christianity.
Only African Christians talk about Ancestral curses.
Your bible teaches that who God has blessed, no one can curse.

My brother, you are still a kid on Spiritual issues.

Do you think that the hurricanes that has been causing havoc in the United States and her neighbouring nations are ordinary. Do you know the Spiritual steps the United States has taken against the hurricane without getting much results?

Is it not the same Alantic Ocean that surrounds Africa that is located in the America. Why is the Ocean so calm in Africa but violent in North America.

Is that not a consequence of anceatral curse against the nations in North America? Note that the Pacific Ocean also surround America but has not cause any havoc because this curse was as a result of an abomination carried out in the Atlantic ocean.

You need to seek spiritual knowledge because the world is very deep.
Re: Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? by Wealthinwealth1: 6:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
No, a born again can NEVER be under any curses because Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...and Col2:14-15 says blotting out handwriting of ordinances which were against that are contrary to our life and destiny, He removed them from our way and nailed them to the cross. The goodnews there is whatever that was nailed on the cross is nailed there forever cos Jesus declared IT IS FINISHED. so brethren what u need more after being born again is LIGHT and the only way to get the light is in the WORD OF GOD. The moment you are enlightened and know your right, curses wont even near u.

God saith there shall be no enchantment against Jacob and there shall be no evil divination against Isreal. I am the Isreal of this generation so curses does not exist. Read more of the Word and you will see every of your right in God. SHALLOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People / 'Stop And Think' - Oyedepo Preaches As Landmark University Clocks Eight / TB Joshua Correctly Predicts Russian Plane Crash Of Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.