Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,342 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? (27809 Views)

When Slowing Down On A Manual, Which Should Be Applied First.. Clutch Or Break / Mazda5 2006 Stalls When Slowing Down / 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by kripen(m): 4:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
babaowambe:
Manual drivers are better drivers

True talk and that is why you are asked to learn with manual car. If eventually you learnt with automatic my brother the day you will use manual at first, a learner will even be better than you.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by teniboss(m): 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
OP said when slowing down, which connotes that the vehicle is on high speed....so in such situation, you need to first apply the brake....no other way around this....

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by chemicalwasiu(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2022
kingreign:
Brake first, when you’re almost coming to a stop, clutch, then downshift.
This will put less stress and wear and tear to the clutch plate and discs components. When you clutch first then start braking, you may not had fully clutched to disengage the gear and this will put stress and rapid wear and tear to the clutch plate and disc.

Am sure you are part of those that design the car. You are absolutely correct �. Most drivers don't know this
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by JoeNL22(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

educative thread, you still bring your illiteracy to derailed it with your Peter obi that's coming close fourth after kwankwaso
Story 4 d gods!
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Bluffly: 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omihanifa:
It's clutch first before the break. If you match the break without first engaging the clutch the car will jerk and stop
fake driver
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by kripen(m): 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2022
Though I am not a better driver, everyone is right on the issue, it just depends on the circumstance and speed you are that warrant you to bring the vehicle to a stop. Using the break or applying the clutches is totally to your best calculation.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by sukkot: 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2022
well see if you break first, without disengaging the gear from the engine with the clutch, you will destroy your gear system very quickly. the best way to protect your car from expensive repairs is to clutch first so as to disengage the gear from the engine, and now with your feet firmly on the clutch you can then break and slow the car down to desired speed after which you then shift gear to match the desired seed. this how you save your self from destroying your gear

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by SamuelLoch: 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omihanifa:
It's clutch first before the break. If you match the break without first engaging the clutch the car will jerk and stop

This is for gear 1 only o or sudden halt where you need the break and clutch.

Break first to slow down
Clutch to downshift gear or reduce speed further or stop

This is for slowing down sha
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by SamuelLoch: 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
Candidlady:

When the brake fails what would you suggest ?

RuneKingThor:

S
Put gear in Neutral and then apply hand break.
Never put of the engine as it makes the streering unresponsive.

@RuneKing
You know the idea of neutral isn't always perfect...
What if its a downward sloppy road?
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by reddingtonblack: 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Now I never get bra size, but the other day, you were certain I was a divorced home-wrecker looking for company?

What a pathetic-cum-shameless attention-seeking loser.

babe what matters is i think you are younger than that old witch, i don't just know why you find it hard to focus on the compliment,
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2022
reddingtonblack:
babe what matters is i think you are younger than that old witch, i don't just know why you find it hard to focus on the compliment,

Keep your hateful compliments to your black-hearted self, kayperry.

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Emola12(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2022
ValCon888:
Guys that have never held a steering wheel in their life right now.
like say you get korope
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Emola12(m): 5:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
Candidlady:

When the brake fails what would you suggest ?

Ogun ìdílé
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by 9jaGovernment: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
Zonefree:
When automatic transmission full everywhere undecided

Lol. You will hold clutch first when the car is Manuel. Because if you just hold brake first the car will automatically off. So is clutch first. Thanks
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by reddingtonblack: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Keep your hateful compliments to your black-hearted self, kayperry.

babe calm down, take a deep breath, i think i know where the problem is, you mistake me for kayperry bah, maybe i should also send my own nake picture to your inbox to compare, sizes don't lie undecided
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by latolz: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
You still dey drive manual
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2022
reddingtonblack:
babe calm down, take a deep breath, i think i know where the problem is, you mistake me for kayperry bah, maybe i should also send my own nake picture to your inbox to compare, sizes don't lie undecided

Kayperry, I have never received your deek pictures and I never want to receive them.

Stop patronising me.

2 Likes

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by VEHINTOLAR: 6:02pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omihanifa:

You've said it all !
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by nurusystem(m): 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2022
Bresk
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Proudlyomonna: 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omihanifa:

Depends on the speed you are driving at.
Depends on how you take dey match am,some people dey match am like se na their village people dem dey match grin
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by HZNjnr(m): 6:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
This depends on the speed...

Highs speed, brake then clutch when you're almost at a zero speed. But if you're in a bear zero speed, maybe snail speed, your clutch is the answer
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by lookingfly: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
chatinent:

Kuku mention my name na. Small secret I tell you, you no fit keep.
grin

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by RuneKingThor: 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
SamuelLoch:

@RuneKing
You know the idea of neutral isn't always perfect...
What if its a downward sloppy road?
Very important point actually. The post below will be the best thing to do if break fails.

fullnetwork:

It's better to gradually downshift to higher gears (4-3-2-1)...
It stalls the car better that neutral.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by RuneKingThor: 6:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
arantess:

I had a brake failure once

It was "engine braking" that did for me

Reducing gears from top to low gear, at each gear shift, the engine roars like a lion.

The most difficult part was staying calm and composing oneself

That calmness is very important.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by manchyme: 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omihanifa:

So you'll be on highway, gear 5...to slow down you'll press clutch first. Wrong
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by manchyme: 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2022
Candidlady:

ihave never driven manual before.. but there's something bout em that fascinates me ... changing of gears !!! gear shifters always feel like they are better drivers than those who only knows how to drive auto

igot a question.. not related to the topic... can one drift with a car is automatic?

Of course they're better drivers. You're not a driver until you know how to change gears. Nobody will employ you as a driver if you can't change gears because the need can arise at any time. If you can't change gears then you didn't go through driving school.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Agent17th: 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2022
Omihanifa:

No.. u will first engage the breaks gradually then apply the clutch eventually before it gets to the point of jerking.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by reddingtonblack: 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Kayperry, I have never received your deek pictures and I never want to receive them.

Stop patronising me.

whoever this kaypenny seems he is a stick up your ass, buh can you just forget about him whenever you are with me, i meant it when i said you are young cheesy
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:21pm On Dec 13, 2022
reddingtonblack:
whoever this kaypenny seems he is a stick up your ass, buh can you just forget about him whenever you are with me, i meant it when i said you are young cheesy

Rebrand and sweeten your mouth however you want, I still would never fk with you, kay.

But seems you want to waste energy and effort, so be my guest...

2 Likes

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by pocohantas(f): 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Rebrand and sweeten your mouth however you want, I still would never fk with you, kay.

But seems you want to waste energy and effort, so be my guest...

That is his usual manner, with his ericsmith moniker, he would send Christmas/new year shout out. Once he wished me happy birthday. I never responded. I always recognised the filth he is. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Magnoliaa(f): 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2022
pocohantas:
That is his usual manner, with his ericsmith moniker, he would send Christmas/new year shout out. Once he wished me happy birthday. I never responded. I always recognised the filth he is. undecided undecided

Walai, that guy get mental illness no be se re se re. grin grin

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by pocohantas(f): 7:38pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Walai, that guy get mental illness no be se re se re. grin grin

Mental illness indeed. Isn’t that how they all do? I am yet to see one that didn’t pull that stunt of shining teeth after extreme toxicity and attack.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / 12 Funny Scenarios You Can Relate To If You Have Ever Entered Danfo Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.