Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? (27807 Views)

When Slowing Down On A Manual, Which Should Be Applied First.. Clutch Or Break / Mazda5 2006 Stalls When Slowing Down / 7 Symptoms Of A Bad Clutch Master Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Dshocker(m): 7:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
obembet:
Driving a car is an experience that requires you to multi-task. As you sit in the driver’s seat for the very first time, you might begin to feel overwhelmed with all the rules that you have to remember.

So let experience Driver teach us this simple question.

When slowing down is it clutch or break first?

Don't buy manual ooO, this one you dey find where brake dey.

Unless you just want to stress yourself
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Obidient4life2: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2022
Candidlady:

When the brake fails what would you suggest ?

Move to gear one immediately, the car will jerk and decelerate rapidly, then drive carefully to a corner and park

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by SamuelLoch: 8:00pm On Dec 13, 2022
RuneKingThor:

Very important point actually. The post below will be the best thing to do if break fails.

@fullnetwork is right!

1.Downshift gears carefully
2. Apply the emergency brakes gradually
3. Spot safe areas to minimize impact

If the vehicle is ascending when the brake failed, the accelerator can help until the vehicle gets to the top. Better still park with gear 1 and emergency brake.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
pocohantas:
Mental illness indeed. Isn’t that how they all do? I am yet to see one that didn’t pull that stunt of shining teeth after extreme toxicity and attack.

It's the fact that they legitly believe they are not even in the wrong for me.

They really see it as normal o.

I am too sensitive, abeg. I own it.

Online/offline, I react strongly to things.

They are plenty of other ladies online that will not take your bants to heart.

I am just one person; leave me be, and go to them.

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by reddingtonblack: 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Rebrand and sweeten your mouth however you want, I still would never fk with you, kay.

But seems you want to waste energy and effort, so be my guest...

is that how less you think of love making and about being your guest, i think a world cup final should be played in a befitting stadium wink
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by pocohantas(f): 8:04pm On Dec 13, 2022
Magnoliaa:

It's the fact that they legitly believe they are not even in the wrong for me.

They really see it as normal o.

I am too sensitive, abeg. I own it.

Online/offline, I react strongly to things.

They are plenty of other ladies online that will not take your bants to heart.

I am just one person; leave me be, and go to them.

You think they believe that? Nah they don’t. It is all mind games into making you normalise their madness. Typical of abusers. Make you feel you are the problem and you should at least shrink to the size they want. If they think they are right, they would be saying it to their mothers. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:18pm On Dec 13, 2022
pocohantas:
You think they believe that? Nah they don’t. It is all mind games into making you normalise their madness. Typical of abusers. Make you feel you are the problem and you should at least shrink to the size they want. If they think they are right, they would be saying it to their mothers. cheesy

One legitly said he wants to curb foolishness on this platform, and he'd rather not see me associating with Ariza because she "corrupts" me.

Like as per what? cheesy

From someone who posts anyhowness on the site too.

Okay o. Come and try to make me become less active and fangless.

I'll love to see you try.

And you what's funny?

I nor know how you wan do am- either you become totally inactive or leave NL (or pander to them), no matter how kind and harmless your comments are as a lady, they will still insult you.

It's always fun watching the "I am cool and I can absorb insults" ldues getting agitated and trying to fend them off. Likeeee, was this not you being friendly with them on this thread yesterday?

Toor. Godspeed to you.

EVERYBODY takes insults to heart (how you may react or for how long you'll keep it in may now be different o), even the same trolls and their likes. If e nor dey pain them, why can they not let harsh responses they get in return go? grin grin

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Pclemenza: 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
Candidlady:

ihave never driven manual before.. but there's something bout em that fascinates me ... changing of gears !!! gear shifters always feel like they are better drivers than those who only knows how to drive auto

igot a question.. not related to the topic... can one drift with a car is automatic?
Yes, one can
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by pattybf(f): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2022
I guess this thread is for manual vehicles....not for us biko!
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Pclemenza: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2022
Is it OK to skip gears in a manual car?
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Pclemenza: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

drifting a car in Nigeria??!!! or am i in different country !!!

abeg where una get money do all this abeg
Northern Nigeria (FCT, Kano state)
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by SamuelLoch: 5:57am On Dec 14, 2022
Pclemenza:

Is it OK to skip gears in a manual car?

Its a common thing to skip gears, especially jumping one.
If you've stressed a car past the rev of the next gear , you can skip it to continue gaining speed, in the case of accelerating.
When decelerating, you can skip gear to make the car select the right speed for slowing down or accelerating smoothly.

1 Like

Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by adanny01(m): 7:12am On Dec 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
It's clutch first before the break. If you match the break without first engaging the clutch the car will jerk and stop

It's break before clutch.

You clutch when your rpm drops to 600-1000rpm (depending on the current gear) and when you clutch, it is to remove or change the gear and release the clutch. Never hold the clutch down. It's also bad to allow a car to roll freely without gear. The engaged gear helps in deceleration.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Kfed4ril(m): 10:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
Omihanifa:
It's clutch first before the break. If you match the break without first engaging the clutch the car will jerk and stop

That’s when you have come to a full stop, but when you just want to slow down, you’ll match the break and when the car is about to stop totally you apply the clutch.
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Pootle: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2022
depend on the speed. on high speed break before clutch, on a very low speed clutch before break
Re: As An Experienced Driver, When Slowing Down, Is It Clutch Or Break? by Prosper91(m): 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
On A high speed, brake first then apply clutch when it's speed had been reduced... When On a very slow speed, clutch first to avoid jerking...My manual driving experience for many years

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pixs Of A Massive Car Manufacturing Plant In Kano You Never Believe Exist. / Brabus Gives Mercedes E-class A Stunning New Look / ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.