Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares (13150 Views)

I Didn’t Lose 2023 Presidential Election, Atiku Declares / Atiku Declares To Run For President / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Jibson541: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
H.E Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has reiterated his commitment to pay all outstanding ASUU Backlog if elected.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Creamcrest(m): 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku the Cameroonian is a fraud.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Nasan(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
It Is People Like Atiku Abubakar And Ifeanyi Okowa Can Restore The Educational Sector.

Atiku Abubakar If Elected President 2023, Will Ensure Our Children Are Back To Schools.

1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Emmyviva: 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Basically, Nigerians are used to the lies and deceit

4 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Durkwa1234(m): 2:34pm On Dec 12, 2022
#AtikuOrganizingforAction
Atiku Abubakar is the right man for the Job.
Let's recover and make Nigeria work again.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Angelfrost(m): 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
Empty promises!

Increase funding of universities, and grow the education sector.

If Buhari had done this instead of wasting money on oil exploration and railways to desert nations, this protracted strike would have been averted!

3 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by descarado: 2:36pm On Dec 12, 2022
It's now I noticed atiku became popular courtesy of obi in 2019.

His social media handlers are very dull.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Indispensable85(m): 2:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
This man is ready to promise anything at this point. Lol.... desperado!
He can even give out his wife for flogging provided it'll yield votes.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by zinaunreal(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
Lies lies lies

3 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by iLegendd(m): 2:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
The game of politics is: promise anything that'll get you votes and when you win, tell them it wasn't as easy as you thought or ignore them totally.

Fashola said electricity is not rocket science. Buhari said Boko Haram will be destroyed in 100 days.

So, we know the game. Men use it on women by promising fake marriage just to sleep with them.

This is not a new format from politicians. Only idiots believe them.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Realrealfact: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
Vote wisely
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Rabiubmuhammad: 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
I have a fervent belief that you can do it, your excellency Atiku Abubakar.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by excel101(m): 2:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
[sub][/sub]
OtejiriEriegha:
This can only be done by someone who have the future of our Education system at heart. ATIKU &OKOWA got us covered.
Those are empty campaign promises, let him come and explain how he's going to do it......a man that stole PTDF, a trust fund for education cannot be trusted with this statement.

5 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by sotall(m): 2:40pm On Dec 12, 2022
There is nothing Atiku wont promise like this grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by 1gbdata: 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hahaha
Promise

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by BulusAgwara: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Man of his words we are behind the unifier.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
How will you get over a trillion naira for that? Let's ask few questions

2 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by bepositive11: 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
owobokiri:
At the rate he's going, Atiku will ultimately promise to pay the dowry for all unmarried bachelors in West Africa if we can allow him to rule Nigeria for one day! Just one day!! Even 12 hours will do...

Such desperation is a sign of danger. Buhari came with similar promises. .. We saw hell..

Aren't Peter and Tinubu also making promises?
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Moniya4Real(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
In as much as I care who becomes president of Nigeria come 2023. It’s certain the winner will come among Atiku, TINUBu and Obi. But the ultimate question on every electorate’s mind should be; Who are the people they are going to be working with? We already know who Atiku and TINUBu would probably be working with to take this nation to the next level. But for Obi- I am curious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by WELEBOO(m): 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
STORY STORY STORY. NIGERIANS ARE A LOT WISER NOW. NO MORE LIES
ochejoseph:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has promised to meet the demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to pay their backlog of salaries if he is elected president.

Though the union embarked on an eight-month strike which ended in October, it has since been at loggerheads with the Federal Government over unpaid salaries, arguing that its members will make up for the lost time in the classroom.

However, Atiku gave the academics an assurance of clearing the backlog during his appearance at The People’s Townhall organised by Channels Television in Abuja on Saturday.

“I’m going to increase the funding level (of education) as against what is currently obtained, no doubt about that because I am a firm and committed believer in education.

“I have undertaken to say, ‘Whatever backlog – we are going to clear all the backlogs and make sure that you go back to classes and students go back to school,” he said.

The former vice president acknowledged the “sometimes invisible roadblocks,” explaining that when the Federal Government releases money for the universities, it does not go straight to the universities.

According to him, the funds are channelled through “another federal bureaucracy” that “might decide to do whatever they want” before the monies are sent to the individual universities.

“Why not remove the bottleneck?” he asked. “Whatever is due to university A, B, C, D, send it directly!”

The PDP candidate recalled an experience during his tenure as vice president between 1999 and 2007, where according to him, a visit to several embassies revealed that “all the staff” were not owed for “several months.”

“I even visited Togo which is the headquarters of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Every West African country has a building and staff quarters as poor as they may be, and Nigeria didn’t have, a founding member of ECOWAS,” he said.

“I came back and called the minister of finance and said, ‘What is happening? Let’s do something different.’ She said, ‘What?’ ‘Let’s ask every embassy to give us their budget.

“And when they give us their budget, we don’t send the money through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), we send the money straight to the embassies.’ That immediately eliminated the backlog of all the salaries that they were owing to our staff abroad.”

But, according to Atiku, the ministry was not pleased.

“They (MFA) kept on fighting. So, sometimes you have to really be bold enough to change some of the processes or procedures that are currently obtained in the public service to get service delivered to where they should be delivered,” he said.

“I was told of a story where, of course, some funding for universities was stalled at the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC): ‘NUC, what do you want to operate?’ (This) much. ‘Universities, where do you want to operate?’ (This) much.’ You give them directly. Why do you have to go through NUC?

“As I’ve said, I’ve pledged to increase the funding of education as far as our budget is concerned. Sadly, we are not even meeting our counterparts in West Africa. They may be poorer than we are, but we are not spending as much, as far as the educational sector is concerned.”

You can watch the full video of the interaction via channels link source below

H.E Atiku and Dr. Okowa is the combination Nigeria needs.

As One We can Get It Done!!!!!

Dr. Oche Otorkpa (FRSPH-UK)

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/11/i-will-clear-ASUU-salary-backlog-atiku/

2 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by dododawa1: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Trusted,who got PRIVATE schools at your own stake,JAGANBA lo Kan.

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Magnoliaa(f): 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
descarado:
It's now I noticed atiku became popular courtesy of obi in 2019.

His social media handlers are very dull.

Even this his promise of clearing ASUU's salary backlog is allegedly stolen from Obi's manifesto. lipsrsealed

I don't even know that this man is in the race at all, if we're to judge by supporters' comments on this NL.

Na agbado strikers and Obidient warriors been dey dabaru the online field 90% of the time.

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Henrikjay: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
MADUBukar005:
I agree with Atiku Abubakar with what he says about ASUU Nigeria need a person like to clear all problem of education

Clear and pay all ASUU outstanding salaries and start owing Doctor's and Judiciary ... Just the way they always use balance some sectors and punish others ..

2 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by stmakun: 2:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku is the only candidate among his fellow contestant that understands and have a passion for Eduction, he has achieved that through his private university. A vote for Atiku is a vote for the redemption of our educational system.
ochejoseph:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has promised to meet the demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to pay their backlog of salaries if he is elected president.

Though the union embarked on an eight-month strike which ended in October, it has since been at loggerheads with the Federal Government over unpaid salaries, arguing that its members will make up for the lost time in the classroom.

However, Atiku assured the academics of clearing the backlog during his appearance at The People’s Townhall organized by Channels Television in Abuja on Saturday.

“I’m going to increase the funding level (of education) as against what is currently obtained, no doubt about that because I am a firm and committed believer in education.

“I have undertaken to say, ‘Whatever backlog – we are going to clear all the backlogs and make sure that you go back to classes and students go back to school,” he said.

The former vice president acknowledged the “sometimes invisible roadblocks,” explaining that when the Federal Government releases money for the universities, it does not go straight to the universities.

According to him, the funds are channeled through “another federal bureaucracy” that “might decide to do whatever they want” before the monies are sent to the individual universities.

“Why not remove the bottleneck?” he asked. “Whatever is due to university A, B, C, D, send it directly!”

The PDP candidate recalled an experience during his tenure as vice president between 1999 and 2007, where according to him, a visit to several embassies revealed that “all the staff” were not owed for “several months.”

“I even visited Togo which is the headquarters of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Every West African country has a building and staff quarters as poor as they may be, and Nigeria didn’t have, a founding member of ECOWAS,” he said.

“I came back and called the minister of finance and said, ‘What is happening? Let’s do something different.’ She said, ‘What?’ ‘Let’s ask every embassy to give us their budget.

“And when they give us their budget, we don’t send the money through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), we send the money straight to the embassies.’ That immediately eliminated the backlog of all the salaries that they were owing to our staff abroad.”

But, according to Atiku, the ministry was not pleased.

“They (MFA) kept on fighting. So, sometimes you have to be bold enough to change some of the processes or procedures that are currently obtained in the public service to get service delivered to where they should be delivered,” he said.

“I was told of a story where, of course, some funding for universities was stalled at the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC): ‘NUC, what do you want to operate?’ (This) much. ‘Universities, where do you want to operate?’ (This) much.’ You give them directly. Why do you have to go through NUC?

“As I’ve said, I’ve pledged to increase the funding of education as far as our budget is concerned. Sadly, we are not even meeting our counterparts in West Africa. They may be poorer than we are, but we are not spending as much, as far as the educational sector is concerned.”

You can watch the full video of the interaction via the channels link source below

H.E. Atiku and Dr. Okowa are the combinations Nigeria needs.

As One We Can Get It Done!!!!!

Dr. Oche Otorkpa (FRSPH-UK)

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/11/i-will-clear-ASUU-salary-backlog-atiku/

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by traihit: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kinglying:
Atiku abubakar of the PDP is Nigerians main ambassador for the "operation rescue Nigeria" come 2023 by God's Grace.

#Nigeria Needs Fixing come 2023.

The picture here shows he's a good Mikano repairer...., He doesn't just export.... grin grin

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by suliyatu(f): 2:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Story...
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by blank(f): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
His manifesto said he will privatize all universities and now he has seen Peter Obi's manifesto, he has now adopted his strategies. That's why they were all waiting for his manifesto.

Tinubu's women leader also plagiarised Obi's healthcare plan during the Chatham house discussion.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Dialpad: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
It's so easy to say especially when you are trying to campaign for an election

2 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Winning123: 2:51pm On Dec 12, 2022
Nothing wrong with building railway to desert nation. We need to be the maritime destination in West Africa, and it starts with connecting our rail to the port. Niger, Chad, Mauritania are all land locked countries. Imagine if folks in Aba can use the railway to ship their products to these e countries

Angelfrost:
Empty promises!

Increase funding of universities, and grow the education sector.

If Buhari has done this instead of wasting money on oil exploration and railways to desert nations, this protracted strike would have been averted!
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by ThothHermes: 2:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jibson541:
H.E Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has reiterated his commitment to pay all outstanding ASUU Backlog if elected.
All the accounts on the first page are paid to market Atiku. I want to join your online campaign team. How much una dey pay?
No jokes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov. Suntai Accuses His Deputy Of Betrayal / 40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village / IPOB Declares 'war' On Ikpeazu, Vows To Frustrate His 2nd Term Ambition Over Att

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.