Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares (13149 Views)

I Didn’t Lose 2023 Presidential Election, Atiku Declares / Atiku Declares To Run For President / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Kessakp22: 5:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
OtejiriEriegha:
This can only be done by someone who have the future of our Education system at heart. ATIKU &OKOWA got us covered.

And Okowa is owing Civil servants over 6 years Gratuity.

He should first tell Okowa to clear the payments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Sufyaan003(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
All this ASUU strike will soon become a thing of past ATIKU ABUBAKAR will recover every sector from Education, Economy, security and others when he Become Nigeria president next year 2023 insha Allah
#Atikuorganizingforaction
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by DesChyko: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
Oga rest.

Peter Obi has done it before. He will do it again.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by YahayaLadanKnt(m): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
I have that believed and confidence that Atiku will do better in aspect of Education, Vote Atiku Okowa
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by owomano(m): 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
I will do this I will do that. Atiku just using Nigerians to catch cruise. He has never been a man that backs his words with actions. Òbí is the man for 2023
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Oziens: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
This is reason they are always glue to the TV and media houses when PETER OBI MADE A RELIEF statement to clear all outstanding ASUU Salary and implement mechanism to ensuring ASUU Never go strike and students graduate as when due. PDP and Atiku copied and are now singing it without acknowledging Peter Obi
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Bilyaminu6353: 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku will do better in aspect of education,Atikuokowa,
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by freemanq(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mumu man how is this Nigeria biggest challenges, After a northern ruled for 8 miserable years with nothing to show for it. You come carry urself to rule who? Are you ok?
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by SirLakes: 6:48pm On Dec 12, 2022
This man grin cheesy cheesy

Obasanjo talk say he be Anini grin
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Deogratias0030(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Talk is cheap......why are these people so hrtless? Let him get there and see him turn monster
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Deogratias0030(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kessakp22:

Very hrtless people that fly on the wings on the greedy and gullible people.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Deogratias0030(m): 7:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kessakp22:

Very hrtless people that fly on the wings on the greedy and gullible people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by toffyz(m): 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2022
Camplying:
Atiku Nigeria best Candidate in this next Election.

Walahi
Not been Sentimental

He's obviously the best amongst the three main contenders.

I love the man honestly
My instinct tells me he will make a very good president. He's fit, intelligent, outspoken, good looking, will be a very good representative of Nigeria in any international outings, unlike the other Nuisance.

Please let's vote for this man. I believe he will do well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Rehoboth17(m): 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
ochejoseph:
I there is one thing I know about this man .......Atiku values education he is passionate about t
. Since the clown wey dey there no value education
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by skj1377(m): 7:56pm On Dec 12, 2022
And selloff The federal university to yourself and friends. Imagine this successful theif making promises.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Ayomivic(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
ochejoseph:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has promised to meet the demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to pay their backlog of salaries if he is elected president.

Though the union embarked on an eight-month strike which ended in October, it has since been at loggerheads with the Federal Government over unpaid salaries, arguing that its members will make up for the lost time in the classroom.

However, Atiku gave the academics an assurance of clearing the backlog during his appearance at The People’s Townhall organised by Channels Television in Abuja on Saturday.

“I’m going to increase the funding level (of education) as against what is currently obtained, no doubt about that because I am a firm and committed believer in education.

“I have undertaken to say, ‘Whatever backlog – we are going to clear all the backlogs and make sure that you go back to classes and students go back to school,” he said.

The former vice president acknowledged the “sometimes invisible roadblocks,” explaining that when the Federal Government releases money for the universities, it does not go straight to the universities.

According to him, the funds are channelled through “another federal bureaucracy” that “might decide to do whatever they want” before the monies are sent to the individual universities.

“Why not remove the bottleneck?” he asked. “Whatever is due to university A, B, C, D, send it directly!”

The PDP candidate recalled an experience during his tenure as vice president between 1999 and 2007, where according to him, a visit to several embassies revealed that “all the staff” were not owed for “several months.”

“I even visited Togo which is the headquarters of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Every West African country has a building and staff quarters as poor as they may be, and Nigeria didn’t have, a founding member of ECOWAS,” he said.

“I came back and called the minister of finance and said, ‘What is happening? Let’s do something different.’ She said, ‘What?’ ‘Let’s ask every embassy to give us their budget.

“And when they give us their budget, we don’t send the money through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), we send the money straight to the embassies.’ That immediately eliminated the backlog of all the salaries that they were owing to our staff abroad.”

But, according to Atiku, the ministry was not pleased.

“They (MFA) kept on fighting. So, sometimes you have to really be bold enough to change some of the processes or procedures that are currently obtained in the public service to get service delivered to where they should be delivered,” he said.

“I was told of a story where, of course, some funding for universities was stalled at the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC): ‘NUC, what do you want to operate?’ (This) much. ‘Universities, where do you want to operate?’ (This) much.’ You give them directly. Why do you have to go through NUC?

“As I’ve said, I’ve pledged to increase the funding of education as far as our budget is concerned. Sadly, we are not even meeting our counterparts in West Africa. They may be poorer than we are, but we are not spending as much, as far as the educational sector is concerned.”

You can watch the full video of the interaction via channels link source below

H.E Atiku and Dr. Okowa is the combination Nigeria needs.

As One We can Get It Done!!!!!

Dr. Oche Otorkpa (FRSPH-UK)

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/11/i-will-clear-ASUU-salary-backlog-atiku/

He promises Wike too but he did not fulfilled his promised

Promised is nothing to politicians don't let anyone deceive you.

Atiku forgot to tell Nigerians that he would also increase the school fees for all students because I could remember when he was asked why his private university student were paying much as school fees He said "the lecturers in his university too are paying much salaries "

Now that you wanted to do all you said to us when you became president that means with his belief , the school fees would be must and the sons and daughters of poor parent would not be able to go to institution.

How is he going to give quality education that bis affordable by all Nigerians is what we want him to talk about
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by akaleb2015(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin political thugs and scammers doing more harm than good, lori iro
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by bangis070: 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
We are Are Move to Vote Atiku Abubakar insha Allah
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by dodomayana73: 9:06pm On Dec 12, 2022
This is coming from the lips of a man who can make the difference. As an astute administrator per excellence Atiku says what he means and means what he says. Atiku Abubakar the unifier is coming.
#PDP
#AtikuOkowa
#AtikuOrganisingForAction.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by BULUSSANDA11(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku Abubakar is prepared for the job and i trust he will do it.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by EKOSuperior(m): 9:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku's shoe collection.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by FatiMohammed123: 10:20pm On Dec 12, 2022
Our incoming President H.E Atiku Abubakar expert when it comes to education, I believe he is the right person to end ASUU saga if elected as President 2023 #AtikuOrganizingForAction
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Carthaporo: 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Even this his promise of clearing ASUU's salary backlog is allegedly stolen from Obi's manifesto. lipsrsealed

I don't even know that this man is in the race at all, if we're to judge by supporters' comments on this NL.

Na agbado strikers and Obidient warriors been dey dabaru the online field 90% of the time.
don't worry we go shock u guys with massive vote for transparency atiku by the grace of god will rule inshallah
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Reyhzor(m): 11:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
He wants to clear that With which money?? cheesy cheesy
Fear who no fear Politicians
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Godjone(m): 12:01am On Dec 13, 2022
Be prepared to relocate permanently to Dubai

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by jimcaddy(m): 12:31am On Dec 13, 2022
With which money? All these cheap a** empty promises. If ASUU didn't go on striker, I'm sure Atiku would not have said anything about them. You just want to score cheap political points. try harder sir as it won't work. these politicians don't know that many informed Nigerians now know their usual gimmicks. It's no more working. Try harder. We need a country that things would work, policies will be put in place, but many Nigerians love the "business as usual" mantra, so they don't want things to change.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by tsdarkside(m): 12:54am On Dec 13, 2022
look at this idioot....
If the issue was that easy,APC would have already done it....
this miserable politicians with their stvpid promises....
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by MasterTeeUSA: 3:38am On Dec 13, 2022
Will he use his money or beat the legislative arm to approve this? I don't understand how you can promise something when it's obvious you cant even do it without consultation or approval.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by faithfull18(f): 5:38am On Dec 13, 2022
Lol, paid actors everywhere
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by dotedote: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2022
Clear it now before the elections and we'll take you seriously.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by saysugar(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2022
All about atiku is lies cheesy he can't reason on his own he finds someone weakness to campaign

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hunter Kills Colleague After Mistaking Him For An Antelope / Be Wary Of Praise-singers, Ajimobi Tells Makinde / Gov. Suntai Accuses His Deputy Of Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.