Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares (13147 Views)

I Didn’t Lose 2023 Presidential Election, Atiku Declares / Atiku Declares To Run For President / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by orematt: 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
DIRECT FAST LOADING, SUPER FAST PAYMENT

Buying all Prepaids

3779, 4852, 4786, 4358, 4034, 5113, 4030.

ALL RECEIPTS/ NO RECEIPTS

Call or whatsapp : +2348146253384

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by tfelicityk(m): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
I don't know the reason why I don't believe whatever that comes out of this Atiku...
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by humberjade: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
How long was ASUU on strike during Obj/ Atiku administration again ooo? grin

Atiku don see mumu cheesy
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Angelfrost(m): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
Winning123:
Nothing wrong with building railway to desert nation. We need to be the maritime destination in West Africa, and it starts with connecting our rail to the port. Niger, Chad, Mauritania are all land locked countries. Imagine if folks in Aba can use the railway to ship their products to these e countries

There is everything wrong when done at the expense of more pressing issues like education!

There should be a time for everything.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by ezeego231: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mumu
ochejoseph:
I there is one thing I know about this man .......Atiku values education he is passionate about t
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by olaniyilukman(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
It is easier to say than done,what efforts has he put in place to support the current governor of Adamawa to improve their educational sector and ensure all the almajiris are back to school...
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Jahwinaboy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
ThothHermes:
All the accounts on the first page are paid to market Atiku. I want to join your online campaign team. How much una dey pay?
No jokes.
Exactly. Slave masters everywhere. How can someone with private university ensure education for the masses becomes one of his priorities? Is it that ASUU and other labour unions didn't go on strike during OBJ/ATIKU era? So people are easy to deceive truly
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by tiswell(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
Okowa always looking like a clueless house boy in campaign posters sad
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by lovinagbad: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Garga01:
I personally agree with Atiku because of his love to Education
He didn't clear it when he was the VP. The ASU problem started during OBJ/Atiku regime . So what nonsense is he talking about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by GloriousGbola: 3:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
May as well promise world peace while he's at it
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by olisaEze(m): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
It’s the season of promises again, Atiku is the guy Nigeria is the girl. Use ur head before dem use am for you! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Dvdpity: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Another Fulani terrorist. God forbid. Has he condemned those that killed Deborah? Nigerians cannot be decived again. By the way it's the turn of the southern part of Nigeria. Fulani are not born to rule. Thief like atiku.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Tony4000: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku will soon promise to wash away the sins of all Nigerians.. Baba is just too desperate

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by iykechas2002: 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2022
Scam!!!!

Run o.... He will privatize all Universities in Nigeria and you will pay more.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by abeto(m): 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
ochejoseph:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has promised to meet the demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to pay their backlog of salaries if he is elected president.

Though the union embarked on an eight-month strike which ended in October, it has since been at loggerheads with the Federal Government over unpaid salaries, arguing that its members will make up for the lost time in the classroom.

However, Atiku gave the academics an assurance of clearing the backlog during his appearance at The People’s Townhall organised by Channels Television in Abuja on Saturday.

“I’m going to increase the funding level (of education) as against what is currently obtained, no doubt about that because I am a firm and committed believer in education.

“I have undertaken to say, ‘Whatever backlog – we are going to clear all the backlogs and make sure that you go back to classes and students go back to school,” he said.

The former vice president acknowledged the “sometimes invisible roadblocks,” explaining that when the Federal Government releases money for the universities, it does not go straight to the universities.

According to him, the funds are channelled through “another federal bureaucracy” that “might decide to do whatever they want” before the monies are sent to the individual universities.

“Why not remove the bottleneck?” he asked. “Whatever is due to university A, B, C, D, send it directly!”

The PDP candidate recalled an experience during his tenure as vice president between 1999 and 2007, where according to him, a visit to several embassies revealed that “all the staff” were not owed for “several months.”

“I even visited Togo which is the headquarters of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Every West African country has a building and staff quarters as poor as they may be, and Nigeria didn’t have, a founding member of ECOWAS,” he said.

“I came back and called the minister of finance and said, ‘What is happening? Let’s do something different.’ She said, ‘What?’ ‘Let’s ask every embassy to give us their budget.

“And when they give us their budget, we don’t send the money through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), we send the money straight to the embassies.’ That immediately eliminated the backlog of all the salaries that they were owing to our staff abroad.”

But, according to Atiku, the ministry was not pleased.

“They (MFA) kept on fighting. So, sometimes you have to really be bold enough to change some of the processes or procedures that are currently obtained in the public service to get service delivered to where they should be delivered,” he said.

“I was told of a story where, of course, some funding for universities was stalled at the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC): ‘NUC, what do you want to operate?’ (This) much. ‘Universities, where do you want to operate?’ (This) much.’ You give them directly. Why do you have to go through NUC?

“As I’ve said, I’ve pledged to increase the funding of education as far as our budget is concerned. Sadly, we are not even meeting our counterparts in West Africa. They may be poorer than we are, but we are not spending as much, as far as the educational sector is concerned.”

You can watch the full video of the interaction via channels link source below

H.E Atiku and Dr. Okowa is the combination Nigeria needs.

As One We can Get It Done!!!!!

Dr. Oche Otorkpa (FRSPH-UK)

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/11/i-will-clear-ASUU-salary-backlog-atiku/

Then Tinibu will Clear NITEL/mtel backlog while Obi will Electricity workers backlog. Kudo!
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Dozie32(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2022
owobokiri:
At the rate he's going, Atiku will ultimately promise to pay the dowry for all unmarried bachelors in West Africa if we can allow him to rule Nigeria for one day! Just one day!! Even 12 hours will do...

Such desperation is a sign of danger. Buhari came with similar promises. .. We saw hell..

grin grin grin you're very funny my brother grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Tareq1105: 3:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
Garga01:

He built his university while on seat as VP when federal universities were on strike.

His Oga Obj did the same.

Can children of the poor attend their universities?

It's not meant for pple whose parents are not well to do.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by intruder15(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
Garga01:

So that they will go on strike again for 2 years and expect you to pay them?

I thought we do copy the western world in everything. Will the western world pay someone that did not go to work?

Make we de try reason abeg.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by boldtruthalways: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
What a shame. So you introduce a topic and gather Atikuu sympathisers to be in waiting for the topic to drop their supporting comments. What a shame!. Atikuu has no respect for the unity of Nigeria. He left PDP in 2015 and fought Jonathan like helll to ensure power goes back to the North. Now, he want to take over power after 8years of Buharii a Northerner. Is Atikuu not a hypocrite? Pls answer me.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by sylve11: 3:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
owobokiri:
At the rate he's going, Atiku will ultimately promise to pay the dowry for all unmarried bachelors in West Africa if we can allow him to rule Nigeria for one day! Just one day!! Even 12 hours will do...

Such desperation is a sign of danger. Buhari came with similar promises. .. We saw hell..

grin cool

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by charlypoker(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
E bi like say dey want to tell us another story again oooo
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Tareq1105: 3:26pm On Dec 12, 2022
Tony4000:
Atiku will soon promise to wash away the sins of all Nigerians.. Baba is just too desperate

Promise promise and promise to pay backlog just for political patronage.

The same way he had shared all ministerial positions, SGF, head of some Agencies, etc in his desperation for grab power.

Na after the true colors would come out.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Tareq1105: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
boldtruthalways:
What a shame. So you introduce a topic and gather Atikuu sympathisers to be in waiting for the topic to drop their supporting comments. What a shame!. Atikuu has no respect for the unity of Nigeria. He left PDP in 2015 and fought Jonathan like helll to ensure power goes back to the North. Now, he want to take over power after 8years of Buharii a Northerner. Is Atikuu not a hypocrite? Pls answer me.

Power in the North again after 8 yrs is worse than Tinubu Muslim Muslim ticket.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Jagayya01: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
Fatan Alkhari Baba Atiku✊
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Olaolex: 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
blank:
His manifesto said he will privatize all universities and now he has seen Peter Obi's manifesto, he has now adopted his strategies. That's why they were all waiting for his manifesto.

Tinubu's women leader also plagiarised Obi's healthcare plan during the Chatham house discussion.
I don't know why he loves to privatize anything. That man is a fraud
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Maryamgumm(f): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
[quote author=Gebala post=119100912][/quote]Atiku is Coming insha Allah

1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by bibiking7(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2022

I don't mean to rain on his parade, but how will this increase in funding be funded. I feel sad that most of us just choose to support politicians based on age, tribe, religion etc. We are not asking the pertinent questions. How will the economy be funded?

Even if you remove subsidy and stop paying it, what about the debts that we are servicing. The country is not in good form. Let's face it.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by JB4life: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
Pls who can tell him to go back to.his Dubai loot?

By God's grace,no desperation , manipulation nor propaganda will make Nigerians accept to vote for him .
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Maryamgumm(f): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
Maryamgumm:
Atiku is Coming insha Allah
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Majeedanka: 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2022
[quote author=Bulama1234 post=119100455]H.E Atiku Abubakar have experience on education he will solve all the problems that is crippling our universities, Atiku will make education standard In Nigeria there will be no more ASUU strike if we elect ATIKU/OKOWA 2023, #AtikuOrganizingForAction
Insha Allah kaine shugaban kasarmu na gobe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Emem Usoro, Member Of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) / 2015: Enugu Imploding, Chime's Political Fortune In Final Days / Boko Haram Members Kill 10-Year-Old Boy In Maiduguri (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.