Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares (13148 Views)

I Didn’t Lose 2023 Presidential Election, Atiku Declares / Atiku Declares To Run For President / 2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by peculiar2233: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
Camplying:
Atiku Abubakar remains the only candidate fit for becoming Nigeria's next leader to rescue Nigeria Base on fact's.

Sai the unifyer come 2023
The money he stole can feed 300 million people for 400 years. His oga that he has worked with said this but you people living in poverty has been blindfolded as you people always praise your oppressor. Shame on you grin
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Gandrova: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
Desperado dude! Easier said than done. undecided
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Majeedanka: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
He is the one that rule us in the 6th Republic Insha Allah H.E Atiku Abubakar have experience on education he will solve all the problems that is crippling our universities, Atiku will make education standard In Nigeria there will be no more ASUU strike if we elect ATIKU/OKOWA 2023, #AtikuOrganizingForAction[/quote]
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by ResidentSnitch(f): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Kinglying:
Atiku abubakar of the PDP is Nigerians main ambassador for the "operation rescue Nigeria" come 2023 by God's Grace.

#Nigeria Needs Fixing come 2023.
Why are you spamming everywhere with your numerous monicker with which you use to comment absolute rubbish?

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Fordoche: 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku no doubt have shown capacity in the areas of education empowerment.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by 4song: 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
All this ASUU strike will soon become a thing of past ATIKU ABUBAKAR will recover every sector from Education, Economy, security and others when he Become Nigeria president next year 2023
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by scait(m): 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
owobokiri:
At the rate he's going, Atiku will ultimately promise to pay the dowry for all unmarried bachelors in West Africa if we can allow him to rule Nigeria for one day! Just one day!! Even 12 hours will do...

Such desperation is a sign of danger. Buhari came with similar promises. .. We saw hell..
You've said it all. No more words to say. We only pray for a good leader

1 Like

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Fordoche: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku has a clean track record when it comes to education, as the proprietor of one of the leading world class university we are confident of his kin interest in education.

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by abbanhajia: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2022
We believe in you and your capacity to deliver your promises.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by fems14: 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2022
It’s without doubt that Atiku understands Nigeria’s problems and how to fix them, it’s pure wisdom to give him the job.

1 Share

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Ibram2004: 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
We have trust in you our next president in Sha Allah

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by webizone(m): 4:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Well, government was taxing people #10 for every transaction, which was unheard of. Some people supported it. Then, they increased it to #26 for every transaction. Some people still supported it. In a country where people can't save and receive savings interest because of lots of things to pay for and for some owed salaries. Yet, without anything to increase the people's earning ability, like electricity generation for instance, they are still going further to force everyone to have their money in the banking system so that they can have more money to take from people. At least having and spending cash was free and people who see the handwriting on the wall, won't trust to keep their value in the banking system where it would be eroded. But I know that those people who keep supporting this either do not see this or are part of the largesse. I laugh at the ignorant ones who say it will help fight corruption in a country where the very check systems are corrupt. No wonder everyone who knows how gullible Nigerians are wants to be a politician. I understand it now.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Ibram2004: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
We trust you our next president in Sha Allah

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by youneedjesus: 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
They have started again. Becareful!!!
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Techwitch(f): 4:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
ThothHermes:
All the accounts on the first page are paid to market Atiku. I want to join your online campaign team. How much una dey pay?
No jokes.
Me too, at least, I go use better English
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Techwitch(f): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ibram2004:
We have trust in you our next president in Sha Allah
Hi
Please how can I join your campaign team? I have good grasp of English and I will write something far more better online
Please how much is the pay and how can I apply? Because at this rate, no sane person would vote for Atiku with your bad English composition on first page.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by zionstaar75: 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2022
ochejoseph:
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has promised to meet the demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to pay their backlog of salaries if he is elected president.

Though the union embarked on an eight-month strike which ended in October, it has since been at loggerheads with the Federal Government over unpaid salaries, arguing that its members will make up for the lost time in the classroom.

However, Atiku gave the academics an assurance of clearing the backlog during his appearance at The People’s Townhall organised by Channels Television in Abuja on Saturday.

“I’m going to increase the funding level (of education) as against what is currently obtained, no doubt about that because I am a firm and committed believer in education.

“I have undertaken to say, ‘Whatever backlog – we are going to clear all the backlogs and make sure that you go back to classes and students go back to school,” he said.

The former vice president acknowledged the “sometimes invisible roadblocks,” explaining that when the Federal Government releases money for the universities, it does not go straight to the universities.

According to him, the funds are channelled through “another federal bureaucracy” that “might decide to do whatever they want” before the monies are sent to the individual universities.

“Why not remove the bottleneck?” he asked. “Whatever is due to university A, B, C, D, send it directly!”

The PDP candidate recalled an experience during his tenure as vice president between 1999 and 2007, where according to him, a visit to several embassies revealed that “all the staff” were not owed for “several months.”

“I even visited Togo which is the headquarters of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Every West African country has a building and staff quarters as poor as they may be, and Nigeria didn’t have, a founding member of ECOWAS,” he said.

“I came back and called the minister of finance and said, ‘What is happening? Let’s do something different.’ She said, ‘What?’ ‘Let’s ask every embassy to give us their budget.

“And when they give us their budget, we don’t send the money through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), we send the money straight to the embassies.’ That immediately eliminated the backlog of all the salaries that they were owing to our staff abroad.”

But, according to Atiku, the ministry was not pleased.

“They (MFA) kept on fighting. So, sometimes you have to really be bold enough to change some of the processes or procedures that are currently obtained in the public service to get service delivered to where they should be delivered,” he said.

“I was told of a story where, of course, some funding for universities was stalled at the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC): ‘NUC, what do you want to operate?’ (This) much. ‘Universities, where do you want to operate?’ (This) much.’ You give them directly. Why do you have to go through NUC?

“As I’ve said, I’ve pledged to increase the funding of education as far as our budget is concerned. Sadly, we are not even meeting our counterparts in West Africa. They may be poorer than we are, but we are not spending as much, as far as the educational sector is concerned.”

You can watch the full video of the interaction via channels link source below

H.E Atiku and Dr. Okowa is the combination Nigeria needs.

As One We can Get It Done!!!!!

Dr. Oche Otorkpa (FRSPH-UK)

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/12/11/i-will-clear-ASUU-salary-backlog-atiku/
Lol!it's like atiku has employed more people on nairaland. His thread is now going beyond 3rd page
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by qtx(m): 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Na so, tell them what they want to hear. grin. Na today?
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by IsmailaBBarde: 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2022
A man of his words Alh.Atiku Abubakar my President and the president of Nigeria
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Memeni(m): 4:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
Anakogeri... ZOO
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by zicoraads: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Lol, the first page is BOT filled.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by fcbelle72(f): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2022
[quote author=ochejoseph post=119100102]The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has promised to meet the demand of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to pay their backlog of salaries if he is elected president.

Though the union embarked on an eight-month strike which ended in October, it has since been at loggerheads with the Federal Government over unpaid salaries, arguing that its members will make up for the lost time in the classroom.

However, Atiku gave the academics an assurance of clearing the backlog during his appearance at The People’s Townhall organised by Channels Television in Abuja on Saturday.

“I’m going to increase the funding level (of education) as against what is currently obtained, no doubt about that because I am a firm and committed believer in education.

“I have undertaken to say, ‘Whatever backlog – we are going to clear all the backlogs and make sure that you go back to classes and students go back to school,” he said.

The former vice president acknowledged the “sometimes invisible roadblocks,” explaining that when the Federal Government releases money for the universities, it does not go straight to the universities.

According to him, the funds are channelled through “another federal bureaucracy” that “might decide to do whatever they want” before the monies are sent to the individual universities.

“Why not remove the bottleneck?” he asked. “Whatever is due to university A, B, C, D, send it directly!”

The PDP candidate recalled an experience during his tenure as vice president between 1999 and 2007, where according to him, a visit to several embassies revealed that “all the staff” were not owed for “several months.”

“I even visited Togo which is the headquarters of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). Every West African country has a building and staff quarters as poor as they may be, and Nigeria didn’t have, a founding member of ECOWAS,” he said.

“I came back and called the minister of finance and said, ‘What is happening? Let’s do something different.’ She said, ‘What?’ ‘Let’s ask every embassy to give us their budget.

“And when they give us their budget, we don’t send the money through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), we send the money straight to the embassies.’ That immediately eliminated the backlog of all the salaries that they were owing to our staff abroad.”

But, according to Atiku, the ministry was not pleased.

“They (MFA) kept on fighting. So, sometimes you have to really be bold enough to change some of the processes or procedures that are currently obtained in the public service to get service delivered to where they should be delivered,” he said.

“I was told of a story where, of course, some funding for universities was stalled at the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC): ‘NUC, what do you want to operate?’ (This) much. ‘Universities, where do you want to operate?’ (This) much.’ You give them directly. Why do you have to go through NUC?

...Na thief go kill you , liar
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by DanascoJunior1: 4:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
We belive in Atiku Manifesto And We Trust In His Words

May Atiku Abubakar Succeed In Delivering Nigeria
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by iheanacho8v: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku Abubakar remains the only candidate fit for becoming Nigeria's next leader to rescue Nigeria Base on fact's.Sai the unifyer come 2023Atiku Abubakar remains the only candidate fit for becoming Nigeria's next leader to rescue Nigeria Base on fact's.Sai the unifyer come 2023...
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Nwaire97: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku will not do anything good for Nigeria
All na fake promise
We know and he knows it
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by blacksam01: 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
SirNature23:
Once the educational sector is settled, Nigeria will leap forward. Thank God for his vision to reposition the universities to what it should be.
My singular vote is for you sir

Nigeria cann never ever be good until our domestic indigenous investors put more money into real investment in Nigeria than foreigners do....

you send ppl abroad to practice medicine, they graduate work, gain decades of experience and still b blaming government for lack of environmental..stuck monies in bank, spend with just theur families, infact moves all family members out..nd never ever contribute to health sector growth in Nigeria...but wen his grandmother becomes sick, he sends money for her to b treated in a private hospital of that naija based doctor who chose not to leave for UK...

we are deceiving ourselves, no one can like u more than u like your self
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by EmekaA125(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku to the rescue.
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Mosesbbwala: 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
#atikuoganizingforaction
Education is the key to any developmental society. Thanks Atiku for identifying with this.
#recovernigeria
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by ogbonti: 5:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
owobokiri:
At the rate he's going, Atiku will ultimately promise to pay the dowry for all unmarried bachelors in West Africa if we can allow him to rule Nigeria for one day! Just one day!! Even 12 hours will do...

Such desperation is a sign of danger. Buhari came with similar promises. .. We saw hell..

If you listen carefully to a man you will understand his intentions

When Atiku said he will empower women and youths with $10 Billion - Nigerians are not asking how he is going to get that $10 Billion

That is the money he is coming to steal

Nigerians please we don’t need another craziness for 8 years of our lives

Atiku of Transcorp and Halliburton scandals is not a man to be trusted - His desperation is sickening and he is surely after the treasury of Nigeria so he can buy half of Dubai for his children and grandchildren to live on when he dies

Aso Rock is not Old people’s home where octogenarians and Nonagenarians with severe dementia and untreated kleptomaniacs retire to, we need vibrant, verifiable and trusted leadership

We need Peter Obi as President, Wike as Minister of Works and Sowore as EFCC chairman and Nigeria will be Ok!
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by ugbarreta(m): 5:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Story for the gods
Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by Tinymayour: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
Comrade ...use this speaker please

owobokiri:

Re: I Will Clear ASUU Salary Backlog - Atiku Declares by mrkings84(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2022
Atiku rest. The north don own this country. Do u want the north to continue again after 8 years of Buhari's rule?

The election is between Obi and Peter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Profile Of Emem Usoro, Member Of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? / Herdsmen Arrested With Sub-machine Guns In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.