Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others (14484 Views)

Alleged Misappropriation Of N3.5bn: LP State Chairmen Tell Abure to Step Aside / I Didn't Collect ₦‎20m From Peter Obi, My Life Under Threat ― Taraba LP Chair / LP Suspends National Youth Leader Over Alleged Misconduct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by trutharena: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2022

Taraba State chapter of the Labour Party (LP) has suspended its chairperson, Esther Gulum, from office for allegedly diversion of N21 million campaign fund.

Also, she got a no confidence vote, yesterday, from the executive council, who alleged that she misappropriated over N21 million meant for campaigns.

The State Organising Secretary, Peter Philip, said Gulum’s six months suspension became necessary to enable the party’s leadership investigate the allegation.

Apart from the alleged diversion of fund, which was meant for the party’s presidential rally in the state, Gulum was also accused of running the party affairs alone with her immediate family members.

The use of personal accounts to run the affairs of the party in the state, according to Philip, also necessitated the action taken by the party’s executive against her.

Her sins were legion, The Guardian learnt, as she was accused of engaging in anti-party activities and working for the state government since ascending the leadership position of the party in the state.

“Lack of accountability and transparency in running the affairs of the party in the state,” they said, was the order of the day.

But Gulum claimed to be innocent of the allegations against her.

While admitting that N17 million was approved for the rally, she said N9 million was released to her for the exercise, which account, she had rendered to the exco.

She said: “It is childish and false to say that I was given N20 million by Peter Obi’s campaign council and I embezzled it. I was not given N20 million; I was given only N9 million and I used it judiciously with a clear record.”

According to her, the allegations against her can be the handiwork of a youth leader, who wants to soil her good name and image in his desperation to make money.

“It is also false to say that I am running the party office with my immediate family and that I engage in anti-party. I want the national secretariat and all supporters of our party to disregard the information, as it is purely false, targeted at tarnishing my good image and that of my family. I am a loyal party woman and I am Obedient,” she added.

Source: https://guardian.ng/news/taraba-lp-suspends-chair-for-alleged-misappropriation-of-n21m-others/l

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by muykem: 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
Why is corruption scandal is rocking labour party left, right and centre?

182 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Abdul05: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Why won't corruption rock labour party...?

A party which every Nigerian knows is structureless....except zombidients. . grin grin

Have they ever considered tinubu's political agents and their personalities.

..or Google ,How powerful these people are in this nation ..

They think politics is all about play acting ..they haven't seen any thing yet.... grin grin

muykem:

142 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Villa12(m): 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wahala

Chinedu you don't know more than an erudite scholar, a first-class economist, Cambridge product, ex CBN governor and current sitting governor of Anambra state who categorically state that Obi knows he won't come distant third and he knows we know that too

I guess you and your deluded obingo know more than him right? I guess some of you who doesn't even have PVC know more than a sitting governor ba? Lol, even your kinsmen know Tinubu is their next president

Umahi knows
Orji uzor kalu knows
Nnamani knows
Prof Chukwuma Soludo knows
Hope Uzordinna knows

3 formidable sitting governors and 2 ex governors and current sitting senators in your tiny 5% region knows who they will bow to after Muhammad Buhari but you obingo and obidence in your delusional mind think Naanu will win and succeed jubril of Sudan. Lol grin

An igbo man go win con succeed a fulani man?

A demented effeminate frog voice go win con succeed jubril of Sudan? Lol

I go laugh una tire after the election next year no worry until then enjoy your Nzogbu Nzogbu politics while it last

grin grin grin

I learnt that Naanu the demented effeminate frog voice has postpone his inter school competition in Ekiti and Ondo till further notice

grin grin grin

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by MissLeslie(m): 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2022
Lol

7 Likes

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by mcmurphy132(m): 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
Obi and LP are the greatest fraudster of all Time..

Imagine every day naso thief thief ,problem upon problem. Abacha looting will be a child's play.. God abeg punish people wey want package a failure a thief for us..

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
No northerner truly belongs to LP they are just chopping obi’s money. E go shock una grin

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by PandoraObi: 3:38pm On Dec 14, 2022
Wetin naw, Peter Obi is not yet president, corruption have abound like sea water, GOD we beg ooo.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by GoodLife4live: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
trutharena:

Source: https://guardian.ng/news/taraba-lp-suspends-chair-for-alleged-misappropriation-of-n21m-others/

CC: Mynd44
Dem never enter dem don dey thief.. hahaha... Labour part the corrupted party

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Okoroawusa: 3:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
Una never see anything.... wait for more revelation after the election

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Majesty2(m): 3:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
dem never get to aso rock, dem don dey steal, it will be disastrous having a fraud like obingo as president of this country

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by asanausana91: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
If Tinubu win this election I will blame Peter Obi. Peter Obi know that he is not winning this election but he is busy deceiving zombiedients.
I will advise Peter obi to join hands with Atiku so that we can remove this calamity.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by femisplash: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
Like Peter Obi like Doyin Okupe like Esther Gulum. Obi has turned Labour party to a Ponzi scheme.

54 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Villa12(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Anybody supporting Obi will never know peace in their life

Amen

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by fuckJones(f): 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
Obi, the latest ATM machine in town

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by fuckJones(f): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2022
asanausana91:
If Tinubu win this election will blame Peter Obi. Peter Obi know that he is not winning this election but he is busy deceiving zombiedients.
I will advise Peter obi to join hands with Atiku so that we can remove this calamity.
what happened in 2019?
APC will still beat you people

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2022
Propagade as usually from APC and PDP grin my vote is for peter obi if u like create millions of fake stories from paid agent i will still vote obi grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by DGOODLYF: 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
Villa12:
Anybody supporting Obi will never know peace in their life

Amen
you and family members and ur generations will neva know peace ....
If dem like let dem embezzle all d money meant for election....

Obi i know
Obi i will vote for win or lose

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Villa12(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2022
DGOODLYF:
you and family members and ur generations will neva know peace ....
If dem like let dem embezzle all d money meant for election....

Obi i know
Obi i will vote for win or lose
Chinedu

You no get PVC

Naanu Nzogbu Nzogbu you get grin grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by youngbabaj(m): 4:11pm On Dec 14, 2022
Time for them to cash out

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by DGOODLYF: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2022
Villa12:
Chinedu

You no get PVC

Naanu Nzogbu Nzogbu you get grin grin
This show you dont av brain which is d average trait of an Apc supporter....no wonder you think everyone supprting Obi is igbo....

5 Likes

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by frank14011991(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
asanausana91:
If Tinubu win this election will blame Peter Obi. Peter Obi know that he is not winning this election but he is busy deceiving zombiedients.
you don dey come to terms with reality abi

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by DGOODLYF: 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
The good thing is dat its not swept under d carpet....Transparency being played out here...if culpable she will face d consequence....Charity begins at home....

PO all d way win or lose

5 Likes

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Godwin4444: 4:20pm On Dec 14, 2022
Like someone said n I quote,the only difference between ipob n Labour Party is that

In ipob only igbos cash out but in Labour Party all Nigerians are cashing out on a steady

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Villa12(m): 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
DGOODLYF:
This show you dont av brain which is d average trait of an Apc supporter....no wonder you think everyone supprting Obi is igbo....
Hahahahaha

Chinedu

When are you going home for Christmas?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Indispensable85(m): 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Obi's labour party is stealing across Nigeria even before election. Lol....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by asanausana91: 4:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
fuckJones:

what happened in 2019?
APC will still beat you people
you are shameless. APC with Muslim Muslim ticket? I swear to God APC will never win this election.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by fuckJones(f): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
asanausana91:
you are shameless. APC with Muslim Muslim ticket? I swear to God APC will never win this election.
I'm a Christian and I will be voting Apc, God is not a politician

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Image123(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Goriolabadda: 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
Just imagine, is this what they want to be doing under obi?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by Angelfrost(m): 5:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
Corruption and Nigerians! A horrible match made in Hell!

Doesn't matter the ruling party, whether old or new... Corruption is beyond leadership, culture and religion in this nation!

Corruption is ingrained in the DNA of the average Nigerian... They even pass it on to kids at birth!

6 Likes

Re: Taraba LP Suspends Chair For Alleged Misappropriation Of N21m, Others by ClearFlair: 5:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
muykem:

Because corruption is not normal in labour party unlike APC and PDP.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu 2023: Don't Vote Candidates Who Take Election As Do-Or-Die - Father Mbaka / Dissident PDP Governors’ Jet Grounded In Abuja ! / 2015 General Elections Won’t Be Postponed – Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.