Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better (5298 Views)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor / Akerodolu Vs Jegede: Who Performed Better In The Ondo Governorship Debate? (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Elemosho478: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Don't mind him, this is the development he's talking about in ibadan

If you want to post pictures of Ibadan I will help you

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 8:45am On Dec 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

I know right so would you take up the challenge or would you run away like a scared hypocrite ...it's an easy victory for you take it

Want to compare Ogun to ebonyi ? Another easy victory for you ...it's mere ebonyi

Have you given up on Abia state vs other sw states? Before I massacre Ebonyi state vs Ogun state. ; grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Ttalk: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

Are you seriously comparing this to ebonyi airport ? Lmao this is less than 25% the size of ebonyi airport terminal na post something better

Compare Ebonyi Airport with Kano and Jigawa airport

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Ttalk: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2022
Ebony airport.

It's only a mad man that would say Ebonyi Airport is better than either Kano or Jigawa Airport

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Elemosho478: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Is this one of the many estates in ibadan

Mind you Ibadan is as big as Anambra state

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by EndsarsReloaded: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2022
Ttalk:

You don't know what you are saying.

What's the budget of Ebonyi state?

What's the cost of projects executed by Umahi?

Am not saying Umahi didn't perform but comparing him with states like Ogun and Oyo state is share foolishness.

Ogun state Budget for 2023 is 470b, Oyo's 310b, and Ebonyi's 166b.

What is the total value of those infrastructures compared to that of Oyo?

Comparing 10 Okrika wears with 5 brand new designer wears is madness.

You are even comparing Ebonyi with Rivers state, do you know how much it cost Rivers state in road sanitation compared to Ebonyi which doesn't even have any establishment that handles that?

I've told you, stop this Mkpurumiri, you won't listen

In as much as I don't like getting involved in such dick measuring threads, I still couldn't overlook your unreasonable post.

Firstly, you're equating quoted budget figures as yardstick for measuring development, are you for real? Do you know how dumb that sounds?

Now let me show you, Ayade of Cross River State once budgeted over 1 trillion naira as annual budget! Quick questions: Did Ayade ever realize that crazy amount? Where are the projects he executed in Cross River? Yet he didn't even achieve up 5% of what Umahi with 200 billion naira budget did!

What about Delta and Bayelsa, each of them always budget humongous amounts annually, so can you list the projects they executed with such amounts?

You think it's about budget? No! It's about prudence, planning, priority, being less corrupt etc. Have you seen the airports built by Ekiti and Ogun despite the so-called huge budgets? Can you compare them in anyway to the ones built by Anambra and Ebonyi?

Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state has been harrased and thoroughly humiliated by Igbos over "poor performance" yet I can bet you he did much better than most SW governors. You can pick Osun or Ekiti and less compare with Abia if you want to argue!

I think the issue is both cultural and ideological. Igbos don't mind disgracing their governors openly if they believe he is not performing well. They will constantly benchmark their governors against the best governors elsewhere. But unlike the SW, they will rather suffer in silence than allow others know about their sorry situation. Again, culturally, while Igbos won't hesitate to confront their leaders for not performing optimally, Yorubas would rather 'dobale' for their own leaders even when they are performing terribly. A case in point is the scandalous amount the new governor of Osun State is accusing his predecessor for mismanaging. Up till now, there is no outrage among Yorubas. However, had it been this happened in SE, by now, everyone will be calling out the past governor for being a rogue and why EFCC should arrest him ASAP.

Even your argument is based on tribal bigotry. So, if you want to be factual, I double dare you to name a single SW governor since 1999 who achieved up to what Umahi did in Ebonyi. I'm waiting!!!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Elemosho478: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Is this one of the many estates in ibadan

Look at the roads in ibadan

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by tolue42(m): 8:52am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

When you don't even understand osu caste system, you're surely gonna sound dumb like you just did.

Do you really know what osu is??

OSU means outcasts naaa....
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 8:53am On Dec 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

In as much as I don't like getting involved in such dick measuring threads, I still couldn't overlook your unreasonable post.

Firstly, you're equating quoted budget figures as yardstick for measuring development, are you for real? Do you know how dumb that sounds?

Now let me show you, Ayade of Cross River State once budgeted over 1 trillion naira as annual budget! Quick questions: Did Ayade ever realize that crazy amount? Where are the projects he executed in Cross River? Yet he didn't even achieve up 5% of what Umahi with 200 billion naira budget did!

What about Delta and Bayelsa, each of them always budget humongous amounts annually, so can you list the projects they executed with such amounts?

You think it's about budget? No! It's about prudence, planning, priority, being less corrupt etc. Have you seen the airports built by Ekiti and Ogun despite the so-called huge budgets? Can you compare them in anyway to the ones built by Anambra and Ebonyi?

Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state has been harrased and thoroughly humiliated by Igbos over "poor performance" yet I can bet you he did much better than most SW governors. You can pick Osun or Ekiti and less compare with Abia if you want to argue!

I think the issue is both cultural and ideological. Igbos don't mind disgracing their governors openly if they believe he is not performing well. They will constantly benchmark their governors against the best governors elsewhere. But unlike the SW, they will rather suffer in silence than allow others know about their sorry situation. Again, culturally, while Igbos won't hesitate to confront their leaders for not performing optimally, Yorubas would rather 'dobale' for their own leaders even when they are performing terribly. A case in point is the scandalous amount the new governor of Osun State is accusing his predecessor for mismanaging. Up till now, there is no outrage among Yorubas. However, had it been this happened in SE, by now, everyone will be calling out the past governor for being a rogue and why EFCC should arrest him ASAP.

Even you argument is based on tribal bigotry. So, if you want to factual, I double dare you to name a single SW governor since 1999 who achieved up to what Umahi did in Ebonyi. I'm waiting!!!

Have you seen Ogun state airport?

1. This is just tower oooooo. Not terminal.
2. This is terminal under construction
3. Apron.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by EndsarsReloaded: 8:54am On Dec 16, 2022
I repeat, the issue is basically due to cultural and ideological differences. Igbos keep their governors on their toes while Yorubas accept whatever their governors are doing.

Another example suffix here: Ota, Ogun state has far worse roads than Aba, Abia state yet the whole of Nigeria knows about the Aba situation while that of Ota is never spoken about. The result: the governor of Abia state was put under severe pressure to fix Aba roads and today, there roads are relatively okay but same can't be said of Ota.

3 Likes

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by luizpippo(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2022
Ttalk:

Now that it is not a country we should term it your village. I don't get the bullshit of Lagos shouldn't be call a state.

Talking about Port, does state government control and collect income from the port?

Is import duty a state revenue? Many of your are simply ignorant

The state doesn't collect revenue from the port but makes revenue off the ports.

Those trucks coming to and from the ports pays some form of duties to the states, people owning companies and warehouses because they are into businesses associated with the ports also generates revenue to the state, businesses catering to those ports visitors would be far more than those at Iseyin in Oyo, meaning more people to generate IGR from.

Imagine asking if Auchi poly is of any benefit to the town of Auchi because it is a federal school, let them try it and watch Afuze or Sabogida-Ora jostle for the school to be relocated there. Auchi's IGR is far more than that of those two places owing to the school, same as the economic outlook.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 8:57am On Dec 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:
I repeat, the issue is basically due to cultural and ideological differences. Igbos keep their governors on their toes while Yorubas accept whatever their governors are doing.

Another example suffix here: Ota, Ogun state has far worse roads than Aba, Abia state yet the whole of Nigeria knows about the Aba situation while that of Ota is never spoken about. The result: the governor of Abia state was put under severe pressure to fix Aba roads and today, there roads are relatively okay but same can't be said of Ota.

Really, is that why PDP keeps ruling in Abia state despite the momentum failure ?
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Elemosho478: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

Even you argument is based on tribal bigotry. So, if you want to factual, I double dare you to name a single SW governor since 1999 who achieved up to what Umahi did in Ebonyi. I'm waiting!!!

Shut up your Umahi did not do more projects than Aregbesola

We know Adeleke is likely lying and creating excuses for his coming woeful performances

When Obiano said Peter Obi left 200 billion debts for Anambra government? Did you believe Obiano ? Or where was the outrages?

Government in the west are lacking in so many areas but they are still working, World bank, UNDP etc have commended government in Osun and Ekiti on several things.

Even Ogun governor is not totally idle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5yicjsiQ8
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by EndsarsReloaded: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2022
Ttalk:

Aren't you guys funny? I thought the topic under discussion is SS, SW and SE so why are bringing North into it?

Na wa o!!!!

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2022
tolue42:

OSU means outcasts naaa....

Outcast to where??

Stop saying rubbish about what you don't know...always endeavour to ask politely concerning things you know nothing about, I might consider giving you a lecture on that.

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by EndsarsReloaded: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2022
forgiveness:

Have you seen Ogun state airport?

1. This is just tower oooooo. Not terminal.
2. This is terminal under construction
3. Apron.

No airport should look like this in 2022! If I show you the frontal view you will feel more embarrassed grin grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by backtovillage: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

So you mean all the development in the whole SW is in lagos...is that what you mean??
Haha is that what you read.
We are discussing governors' performance then op removed Lagos and you are here saying the opposite of everything
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:13am On Dec 16, 2022
Elemosho478:

Look at the roads in ibadan

You think roads like this don't exist in the EAST?? Even my village has three igbo markets, maternity, bank, well tarred roads, nice housing, village halls(three well furnished)

Mind you my home town that we do call village...

And by the way, that your 3rd picture,I have the full view of it grin

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by EndsarsReloaded: 9:13am On Dec 16, 2022
Elemosho478:

Shut up your Umahi did not do more projects than Aregbesola

We know Adeleke is likely lying and creating excuses for his coming woeful performances

When Obiano said Peter Obi left 200 billion debts for Anambra government? Did you believe Obiano ? Or where was the outrages?

Government in the west are lacking in so many areas but they are still working, World bank, UNDP etc have commended government in Osun and Ekiti on several things.

Even Ogun governor is not totally idle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5yicjsiQ8

Aregbesola did not do up to 10% of what Umahi did in Ebonyi state and that's a fact. I know Aregbe built secondary and primary schools and some roads while plunging Osun State into severe debt trap. However, you can never compare him with Umahi that built close to 20 flyovers, university, malls, stadium, airport, roads, government house etc. yet he didn't plung the state into debt!

2 Likes

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by mrvitalis(m): 9:14am On Dec 16, 2022
forgiveness:

Have you given up on Abia state vs other sw states? Before I massacre Ebonyi state vs Ogun state. ; grin
So would you take up the challenge or run too like the others
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:15am On Dec 16, 2022
Elemosho478:

Mind you Ibadan is as big as Anambra state

Scanty estates...is this the so called development in Ibadan??

Look at a section of Awka below

2 Likes

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by mrvitalis(m): 9:15am On Dec 16, 2022
Ttalk:

Both of them combined no even reach

They are the size of ebonyi airport gate

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:17am On Dec 16, 2022
Elemosho478:

If you want to post pictures of Ibadan I will help you

Is this how estates look like in Ibadan?? Very poor.

Look at enugu below

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by Ttalk: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

The underlined import of budget usage to determine the capacity and limitation of development a state can attract and that underlining capacity lies in its revenue.

I wonder why any of your state has not been able to execute metro line project.

If you don't see good financial status as a catalyst to development, then I can't help your ignorance

Is Ayade a governor from SW because I don't see reason why bringing Ayade to the discussion.

Please list the infrastructural projects done by Ikpeazu apart from one flyover and 5k maternity money given to your women.

Again record shows that SE has higher number of elected officer relected compare to SW, so your points here is fallacy that emanate from your emotional mind

Then I present Fashola and Tinubu to you, lets have a brain exercise on their performance

Emotional rant and dick measuring with poor knowledge of Nigeria governance.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2022
forgiveness:

The good roads in Ogun state is enough to turn Abia state to Dubai.

Where are the good roads?? This is last year oo 2021, despite the huge igr

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 9:19am On Dec 16, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

No airport should look like this in 2022! If I show you the frontal view you will feel more embarrassed grin grin

Compared to Ebonyi and Anambra states airports, Ogun state airport is better.

You can go ahead to show the frontal view if you even have anything to show in the first place.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:21am On Dec 16, 2022
Benwallt:
First talk about the time those states were created. How far they have gone from the time of creation to that of calabar.

Oyo is far ahead of calabar in all ramifications.

When you mentioning economically viable state in Nigeria, calabar is as the rock bottom.
We are not talking about aesthetics here.

Oyo is only viable maybe because of its closeness to lagos...but in terms of development, calabar beats oyo state hands down...

Calabar that host the biggest city carnival in Africa, try dey travel outside your SW region.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 9:22am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Scanty estates...is this the so called development in Ibadan??

Look at a section of Awka below

Oshogbo alone is more developed than Umuahia, Abakaliki but you want to compare with small underdeveloped Awka with Ibadan!? grin

There's no city in the SE as developed as Ibadan.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 9:24am On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

Where are the good roads?? This is last year oo 2021, despite the huge igr

When last did you pass through Sango? Road wey dem don fix despite being a Federal road.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2022
Ttalk:

Bros, post SW Airports, even some northern states are better than the overhype SW in terms of fine structure.

Look at dutse Airport shocked
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by EndsarsReloaded: 9:26am On Dec 16, 2022
forgiveness:

Compared to Ebonyi and Anambra states airports, Ogun state airport is better.

You can go ahead to show the frontal view if you even have anything to show in the first place.

So, these are the airports you're proud of in 2022? These are the airports you want to compare with Anambra and Ebonyi airports?

Even the old Imo airport built by Mbakwe in the late 70's, wasn't this bad grin grin

Well, let Nigerians judge since tribalism has clouded your sense of reasoning. SMH.

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

So would you take up the challenge or run too like the others

Bring it on.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire At Afprint Complex, Iyana-ISOLO / Buhari Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter / Breaking!!! APC Deputy Governor Of Rivers State Tele Ikuru, Defects To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.