Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better (5301 Views)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / Between Shettima And Obi, Who Performed Better As A Governor / Akerodolu Vs Jegede: Who Performed Better In The Ondo Governorship Debate? (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
MrColdsweat:

Is that an airport or a church?

You Don see church name wey dey bear "Ibadan airport"
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by MrColdsweat: 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2022
BossGerald:

You Don see church name wey dey bear "Ibadan airport"
sorry bros. It has the roof of a church.

These people are experts are swallowing their own lies.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2022
Elemosho478:
How many Chinese are in Nigeria lol?

And most of them came because of construction work or minining works.

Where do you live sef?? You ask question like someone that just came out from the jungle...you said Chinese came for construction a nd mining work??

So you don't know that the Chinese has so many factories in nigeria?
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 10:28pm On Dec 16, 2022
tolue42:

Will you allow your family to marry from OSU family??

Why not?? Besides we've forgotten about the Osu stuff for a very long time...

I don't think any 20yrs and below in my side knows anything about osu.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 10:30pm On Dec 16, 2022
Gomojamm:
Why are u people always feeling the need to compare yourselves with the Southwest? Why not choose another region? Is it not a common logic that u compare yourself to someone better to scale your progress?

It's high time that we burst your decade old lies
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 10:43pm On Dec 16, 2022
MrColdsweat:
sorry bros. It has the roof of a church.

These people are experts are swallowing their own lies.

Lol, I'm sorry too, I was harsh...

Those people dey vex me, imagine the whole SW region can't boast of a standard airport(aside lagos) but will come online to say rubbish about the east.

If you dig deeper into their region you'll understand that even some northern states are better than them...but they want to use media to keep covering their decaying region.

Thank God for the internet and social media, we keep bursting their lies...
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by oilykid(m): 6:14am On Dec 17, 2022
Gomojamm:
Why are u people always feeling the need to compare yourselves with the Southwest? Why not choose another region? Is it not a common logic that u compare yourself to someone better to scale your progress?
Afonjas are the ones always opening threads about igbos comparing theirselves with igbos wey no send them.

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
tctrills:

What are you talking about? The SS states have by far the biggest federal allocation and they also have 5he greatest poverty in the south.
Building nice stadiums is obviously not reducing poverty in the SS.
\

True. But adding allocation plus IGR. SOme states in SW like Ogun is richer than some states in SS
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

Ok let's do a small compilation

For every project carried out in ekiti , osun and oyo combined in the last 8 years I would name 4 carried out in abia ...yes abia

South west have absolutely the worse leadership in the south

I agree with you. But they will say I am bias.

We can start listing projects if they want to compare
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2022
Sammy07:

If you remove Lagos,
Kindly remove Ondo also

And kindly remove, Akwaibom, Rivers, delta and Bayelsa

Kindly remove Imo and Abia

And let's do this.

Edo & Cross River

Vs

Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ogun

Vs

Anambra, Enugu, Eboyin

And let's see which state governors performed better

SE even have 5 states.

Oya let's remove RIvers State since it has been developing since
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 10:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
forgiveness:

The good roads in Ogun state is enough to turn Abia state to Dubai.

What if I tell u that Aba has better roads than Abeokuta?

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

In as much as I don't like getting involved in such dick measuring threads, I still couldn't overlook your unreasonable post.

Firstly, you're equating quoted budget figures as yardstick for measuring development, are you for real? Do you know how dumb that sounds?

Now let me show you, Ayade of Cross River State once budgeted over 1 trillion naira as annual budget! Quick questions: Did Ayade ever realize that crazy amount? Where are the projects he executed in Cross River? Yet he didn't even achieve up 5% of what Umahi with 200 billion naira budget did!

What about Delta and Bayelsa, each of them always budget humongous amounts annually, so can you list the projects they executed with such amounts?

You think it's about budget? No! It's about prudence, planning, priority, being less corrupt etc. Have you seen the airports built by Ekiti and Ogun despite the so-called huge budgets? Can you compare them in anyway to the ones built by Anambra and Ebonyi?

Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state has been harrased and thoroughly humiliated by Igbos over "poor performance" yet I can bet you he did much better than most SW governors. You can pick Osun or Ekiti and less compare with Abia if you want to argue!

I think the issue is both cultural and ideological. Igbos don't mind disgracing their governors openly if they believe he is not performing well. They will constantly benchmark their governors against the best governors elsewhere. But unlike the SW, they will rather suffer in silence than allow others know about their sorry situation. Again, culturally, while Igbos won't hesitate to confront their leaders for not performing optimally, Yorubas would rather 'dobale' for their own leaders even when they are performing terribly. A case in point is the scandalous amount the new governor of Osun State is accusing his predecessor for mismanaging. Up till now, there is no outrage among Yorubas. However, had it been this happened in SE, by now, everyone will be calling out the past governor for being a rogue and why EFCC should arrest him ASAP.

Even your argument is based on tribal bigotry. So, if you want to be factual, I double dare you to name a single SW governor since 1999 who achieved up to what Umahi did in Ebonyi. I'm waiting!!!

Add Ondo. ALl combined, IKpeazu outperformed their total years in Govt
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
Elemosho478:

If you think that is better than this then you must be delusional

How many houses were even in that picture?

IBADAN IS AS BIG AS ANAMBRA AND MORE DEVELOPED THAN ENTIRE SOUTH EAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNjcpKjwXs

ENUGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsPZ3zh1cq0

OWERRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrI6rMSo0g0

THese two cities are more beautiful and better than Ibadan

My advice, Travel more
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by tctrills: 10:24pm On Dec 17, 2022
NwekereNdoki:
\

True. But adding allocation plus IGR. SOme states in SW like Ogun is richer than some states in SS
The SS states are still richer by far. The SS is not anybody's mate when it comes to federal alocation.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

What if I tell u that Aba has better roads than Abeokuta?

You can only tell that to ignoramus who doesn't know Faulks road, Omuma road, Aba - Owerri road, Azikwe etc.

Inside Aba na potopoto.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2022
BossGerald:

Do you have any idea how many houses are in this picture below...

Enugu

Is this Abriba? grin Why run to Enugu? grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

You can only tell that to ignoramus who doesn't know Faulks road, Omuma road, Aba - Owerri road, Azikwe etc.

Inside Aba na potopoto.

I've always said that many of your that comes online and talk trash about Aba are usually misinformed and misguided.

Apart from faulks road which was actually constructed before but failed in some portion (less than 1 Km) and is being reconstructed. All the other roads you mentioned have been reconstructed by Ikpeazu and are in Good shape.
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 3:47pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Inside Aba na potopoto.

THis is Azikiwe Road.

First Pics is how it was before (yes u are right, it was bad)

THe road was commissioned last 2 weeks ago.

So update yourself

Ikpazu may not carrry all the media in Nigeria to commission roads as some governors do, but the man is working and grossly misrepresented by the media

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

I've always said that many of your that comes online and talk trash about Aba are usually misinformed and misguided.

Apart from faulks road which was actually constructed before but failed in some portion (less than 1 Km) and is being reconstructed. All the other roads you mentioned have been reconstructed by Ikpeazu and are in Good shape.

What about Sacred heart road and the adjoining streets?

What about powerline and Ariaria road?

Do you think you are talking to novice?
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

THis is Azikiwe Road.

First Pics is how it was before (yes u are right, it was bad)

THe road was commissioned last 2 weeks ago.

So update yourself

Ikpazu may not carrry all the media in Nigeria to commission roads as some governors do, but the man is working and grossly misrepresented by the media

And you want to compare with Abeokuta? grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Inside Aba na potopoto.

THis is Aba - Owerri Road, Aba.

Commissioned last month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHb-jrrLjvk

1 Like

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 4:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Sometimes una dey talk like say person never travel to Abeokuta before. Even person wey never travel self with just videos online he will get his clue
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Inside Aba na potopoto.

Omuma Road , constructed with cement pavement technology 1, 2 and 3 Frame

[b]Faulks road [/b]after it was reconstructed (with closed drainaige and side walk)

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 4:17pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Aba has gotten more roads reconstructed and rehabilitated than Abeokuta in the past 7 years and it is a fact.

All this roads are in different locations

Considering that Ogun has more money than Abia, it is safe to say the governor underperformed grossly.

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

What about Sacred heart road and the adjoining streets?

What about powerline and Ariaria road?

Do you think you are talking to novice?

As I said, it seems it is long you left Aba, as at June, the road you mentioned was undergoing reconstruction.

Let's wait and see the finished work. I did not say all roads in Aba are perfect, but I am sure most of them have been reconstructed and many are undergoing reconstruction

I can say without a doubt that he has done lots of roads compared to any Governor in SE, but like I said, he is grossly underreported.

The reconstruction of these roads is bringing Aba back to life, cause when these roads are reconstructed, property owners normally renovate and rent their buildings as seen in the last pics.

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by NwekereNdoki: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2022
This one was recently commissioned few last weeks

THe road is in Aba area, leads to Umuahia. THis area is outside Aba Metropolis though, but the road links Aba and Umuahia from the back

Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 6:46pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Is this Abriba? grin Why run to Enugu? grin

You want to compare abiriba village with Ibadan shity??
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 7:02pm On Dec 18, 2022
BossGerald:

You want to compare abiriba village with Ibadan shity??

Does your Abriba have 5 universities, 3 stadiums, train stations, 4 shopping malls, 20 eateries, 3 golf courses, polo course, international schools....etc.?

I don kill Abriba patapata. grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
NwekereNdoki:

As I said, it seems it is long you left Aba, as at June, the road you mentioned was undergoing reconstruction.

Let's wait and see the finished work. I did not say all roads in Aba are perfect, but I am sure most of them have been reconstructed and many are undergoing reconstruction

I can say without a doubt that he has done lots of roads compared to any Governor in SE, but like I said, he is grossly underreported.

The reconstruction of these roads is bringing Aba back to life, cause when these roads are reconstructed, property owners normally renovate and rent their buildings as seen in the last pics.

See Chrislyn international school. Straight down to the Catholic church na potopoto.

Don't compare Abeokuta with so many flyovers, good roads, and bridges with Aba next time grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by BossGerald: 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2022
forgiveness:

Does your Abriba have 5 universities, 3 stadiums, train stations, 4 shopping malls, 20 eateries, 3 golf courses, polo course, international schools....etc.?

I don kill Abriba patapata. grin

Ibadan has all this and still Brown roof ravaged??

I ask again why will you compare a village with Ibadan shitty? Why don't you name your village let's start from there
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by forgiveness: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
BossGerald:

Ibadan has all this and still Brown roof ravaged??

I ask again why will you compare a village with Ibadan shitty? Why don't you name your village let's start from there

So, your Abriba na village? grin

Even your Enugu and Owerri no get that infrastructures. Sorry, don't cry boy. grin
Re: Let's Evaluate: Between SS, SW & SE, Which Region's Governor Performed Better by OVB123: 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2022
mrvitalis:

See umiah no governor in Nigeria comes close to him in terms of infrastructure absolutely none comes close

He collects less than 20% river allocation have done twice the flyover Wike did

New airport
New stadium
New university
New teaching hospital
New government house
New mall biggest in Africa
Too many roads to mention

Abia is the worst governor in South east I am putting him against 3 governor in South west yet no body would take up the challenge they know the truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tunde Sabiu, The Young Man Giving Bola Ahmed Tinubu, A Sleepless Night(photo) / Are There Hausas In Nairaland? / Disputed Anambra Oil Well: ACF Joins Fray, Backs Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.