Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44514 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by LesbianBoy(m): 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2022
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

269 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Zee0007: 8:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.

318 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwasheyijossy: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
Sorry sir its Messi's birthright cheesy

185 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Alfred74: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
Zee0007:
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.

366 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MrColdsweat: 8:58pm On Dec 18, 2022
For marketing purpose. Messi is the most marketable player in football. Imagine if Argentina had crashed out, so many Messi fans would have left qatar.

It's all about the money. Fifa is no different from nigerian politicians.

238 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
I get your point. Ronaldo is great but he is not liked by majority. Fifa and people feel he is the only one that can challenge messi. I had a brilliant guy in secondary school always collecting best students award but as i joined the school it became a competition but he was mostly favoured when there was a tie and because he did not come from a well to do home which they can tag as a disadvantage or humility. I feel pity for ronaldo because he is not at his best time. if ronaldo was banging at d moment he will just ignore this messi acheivement, score like 50 goals, probably win the champions league again, showing he is still there no matter what. The funny thing about life is that no matter what people like me still take cr7 as the goat. My opinion, what do i know.

216 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MrColdsweat: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2022
Zee0007:

You messi and ronaldo fans have killed football with silly sentiments.

Football is a team sport. There is no such thing as best player.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Slawomirr: 9:05pm On Dec 18, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Penaldo fans always coming up with reason to cry
rickpat:
Messi has four man of the match award prior to the final game...7goals and 3 assist...more chances created...more shots..more dribbles...more pass accuracy...those are the parameters used... football fans sometimes Sha

maybe emi Martinez Should not be the best keeper as well
One thing about penaldians is that they don't know anything about football
They just believe football is all about tap -ins
Now watch in the coming days how how most of them will start sympathising with mpappe

Not knowing that even the mpappe self ....Neymar play ball pass am by far

263 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by rickpat(m): 9:08pm On Dec 18, 2022
Messi has four man of the match award prior to the final game...7goals and 3 assist...more chances created...more shots..more dribbles...more pass accuracy...those are the parameters used... football fans sometimes Sha

473 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Penaldo fans always coming up with reason to cry

RONALDO sleeps in your yahoo empty skull. Cant you appreciate the moment and leave CR7. even delimna ronaldo is smart by not putting anything like goat there due to controversies.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maisams01(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2022
okomi562:

RONALDO sleeps in your yahoo empty skull. Cant you appreciate the moment and leave CR7. even delimna ronaldo is smart by not putting anything like goat there due to controversies.
but Ode you don't have a problem with the op trying to demean Messi's achievement saying he doesn't deserve this or that ahbi, nonsense and hypocrisy

198 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Blake755: 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
True Sha but Messi really tried he carried his team for this world cup I hope you saw Croatia match the second and third goal u saw the magic

45 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Indabello: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2022
Firstly, I must acknowledge that I am a Ronaldo fan and till tomorrow, I will be. The reality I acknowledged after Argentina made it past Croatia was that 'might' be Messi was a better player to Ronaldo. And even today, something deep down tells me, probably he is the real GOAT after all.

However, with all sincerity, if Argentina made it past Round 16, Quarter final and now the final, it is not because of Messi, it's because of the Goalkeeper.
I feel FIFA should have acknowledged this fact and recognize the Keeper's contributions.
Again, if we truly want to be objective, we will realize that compensating Messi in 2014 with player of the tournament even when he wasn't deserving of it and denying Mbappe similar compensation after his lawfully earned Goldenbooth amounts to double standard or speaking with both sides of your mouth.

Again, Messi might have accomplished more than CR7 and probably is even the GOAT, the fact still remains that I remain ever sympathetic to CR7 because all his awards were duly earned without pampering or unnecessary sympathy from any body. This is evident in FIFA acknowledging that XAVI should have won the 2010 Balon d or. Again, for winning Copa America while Ronaldo did not enjoy similar privilege for winning a more prestigious title in Euro. Moreover, Lewa should have won it that year.

This not withstanding, Respect should be given to whom it is due and MESSI deserves nothing but that������������������‍���‍���‍�

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by kaey10(m): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2022
Mbappe deserves it but nothing wey you won talk Messi fans no go gree. So save yourself the stress.

32 Likes

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2022
Zee0007:

Here's a handkerchief.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2022
MrColdsweat:
For marketing purpose. Messi is the most marketable player in football. Imagine if Argentina had crashed out, so many Messi fans would have left qatar.

It's all about the money. Fifa is no different from nigerian politicians.

Repeat that many times before sleeping every night. Maybe it will reduce the pain.

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MrColdsweat: 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Repeat that many times before sleeping every night. Maybe it will reduce the pain.

To you idiots, everything is messi vs ronaldo.

Go and meet your level.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2022
okomi562:
I get your point. Ronaldo is great but he is not liked by majority. Fifa and people feel he is the only one that can challenge messi. I had a brilliant guy in secondary school always collecting best students award but as i joined the school it became a competition but he was mostly favoured when there was a tie and because he did not come from a well to do home which they can tag as a disadvantage or humility. I feel pity for ronaldo because he is not at his best time. if ronaldo was banging at d moment he will just ignore this messi acheivement, score like 50 goals, probably win the champions league again, showing he is still there no matter what. The funny thing about life is that no matter what people like me still take cr7 as the goat. My opinion, what do i know.

So, it should have been given to Ronaldo? By the way, anyone that knows anything about football knows Messi is far ahead of Ronaldo. The only thing Ronaldo competes either him is in goal scoring. Never, ever heard of anyone comparing Maradona with Gerd Muller. Maybe Muller wasn't using hair gel and wasn't backed by the biggest PR machine in football history.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 18, 2022
okomi562:

Doubt if Ronaldo is sleeping now, though.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by realsammie(m): 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
It's like the opp only watch today's final. Let me ask you a question. Between Mpape and Messi, who has carried their team from match day one the most. Or should i also remind you of the number of assist Messi has in this world cup. What about Chances created.

The problem with penaldo fans is that they think football is all about goals. that Is why you keep seeing cr7 fans bringing some stupid stats like "more headed goals, more right footed goal more left footed goals. Haba now.

Messi more than deserve the best player award.

218 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
MrColdsweat:

To you idiots, everything is messi vs ronaldo.

Go and meet your level.

Awwww. I understand your pain. Let it all out.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 10:38pm On Dec 18, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

So, it should have been given to Ronaldo? By the way, anyone that knows anything about football knows Messi is far ahead of Ronaldo. The only thing Ronaldo competes either him is in goal scoring. Never, ever heard of anyone comparing Maradona with Gerd Muller. Maybe Muller wasn't using hair gel and wasn't backed by the biggest PR machine in football history.
REST, go back to school and read my comment again

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Doubt if Ronaldo is sleeping now, though.
His business

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by nazicartel(m): 10:49pm On Dec 18, 2022
You guys put too much emotions in some of these things. These guys will soon retire. Let's enjoy them

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by oyatainer(m): 10:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
Ronaldo fans cannot see anything Messi did with this average team. He is the leader who at the age of 35 played and won 4 man of the match. All these are accumulated to give him Golden ball. Besides, in 2006 world cup, Zidane almost won golden ball if not for the headbutting incident. Almost everyone wanted Zidane to win it, if Zidane was almost won the golden ball, and Canavaro won it can you please tell me what Zidane did differently in French team other than controlling the game in the midfield. So now compare what he did to many unforgettable moments Messi had in this tournament. Messi ticked all the boxes, goals, assists, chance created, leadership and marketing. In fact, he deserves more than Golden ball for this tournament. Modric no play half of what Messi played in this tournament in 2018 and he won it without people's complain. Why now?

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ItsTutsi(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2022
Messi was just 1 goal away from Mbappe.. he had more assist, MODM abd winning the world cup

In 2014, Messi too dominated the world cup, there was no one close to him in Germany.. if not Messi who eill they give from Germany
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around

Lalasticlala semid4lyf

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Decentdave(m): 10:54pm On Dec 18, 2022
rickpat:

brother u Sabi abeg..no mind them
Messi is on his way to his 8 ballon d or

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Landlord97: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2022
Evil people, so up on all the playing that Messi played he doesn't deserve the player of the tournament truly humans are insatiable, and no matter what you do not everyone would like you, congratulations though to the only known accepted and confirmed GOAT.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by kpakpankolo: 11:37pm On Dec 18, 2022
To be honest Argentina goal keeper deserve it more than anybody

long live the king anyway

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by DIKEnaWAR: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2022
Griezmann deserves the award

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by superintendents(m): 12:19am On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Someone said because Messi won the world cup

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around

Lalasticlala semid4lyf
oya crying continuation thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Reactions As Beautiful Photos Of Sadio Mane And His Wife Aisha Tamba Emerge / The Elite List Of Nigerian Players Who Have Won The English Premier League. / Football Players Seize AK-47 From Soldier In Uganda During Match (Photos)