Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44659 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by CaptainFM1: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

See, the simple difference between Messi (The Goat) and CR7 is that Messi is Talented, while CR7 is hardworking.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by candygist: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:
For marketing purpose. Messi is the most marketable player in football. Imagine if Argentina had crashed out, so many Messi fans would have left qatar.

It's all about the money. Fifa is no different from nigerian politicians.

Did you cry this morning ?

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by zedegit: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

So you are still having sleepless nights? Ehyaa!

Messi is the real GOAT argument settled!

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by IamtheTruth1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Free sentiment and watch football. So you didn't see how Messi carried that whole team to the Final?

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by candygist: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
I get your point. Ronaldo is great but he is not liked by majority. Fifa and people feel he is the only one that can challenge messi. I had a brilliant guy in secondary school always collecting best students award but as i joined the school it became a competition but he was mostly favoured when there was a tie and because he did not come from a well to do home which they can tag as a disadvantage or humility. I feel pity for ronaldo because he is not at his best time. if ronaldo was banging at d moment he will just ignore this messi acheivement, score like 50 goals, probably win the champions league again, showing he is still there no matter what. The funny thing about life is that no matter what people like me still take cr7 as the goat. My opinion, what do i know.

So Ronaldo is froma poor home and Messi is from a rich home according to your analysis ?

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ThierryJay: 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
OJEEMAH:
His fans are pathetic and shameless. No bother school them again. Anyone wey pass my power, I go halla you.

Lol, at this point there's aboslutely nothing they can bring that you'd not dismantle with ease. Welldone bro.

To haters, I think Messi still needs to prove himself in the MLS like Pele before he can be called GOAT grin

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Georgejeez: 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
Penaldians should stop hiding behind Mbappe and go and hang .

But not until after they watch Messi winning his 8th Balon d'Or grin grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by pacespot(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Best player of the tournament is not decided based on the World Cup final alone, Mbappe was no where to be found in France vs England match but Messi was instrumental in Argentina's 3-0 win over Croatia. Messi has been there for his team in every match through out this tournament, his dramatic goal of the tournament opener against Mexico ensured Argentina's World Cup dream was not over even before it got started after their shock 2-1 loss to Saudi in the first match. So Messi deserved that best player of the tournament title but that is not to say the Mbappe's heroic showing in the final will not be something to talk about for years and decades to come.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Richy4(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Karleb:

FIFA is corrupt. sad
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't worry... Your candidate will win next time..
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by paradigmshift(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

after crying, drink sniper

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Whobedatte(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Centurion101:

Stupid people,he won man of the match 5 times out of 7 ,he scored in every knockout game,scored twice in the final and you don't know why he is the best player, you're a compound f00l
Even room and parlor fool join , hateful people who supported Six different teams this World Cup just to spite messi

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by OJEEMAH(m): 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
ThierryJay:

Lol, at this point there's aboslutely nothing they can bring that you'd not dismantle with ease. Welldone bro.

To haters, I think Messi still needs to prove himself in the MLS like Pele before he can be called GOAT grin
Thanks my man.

Hahahahahahahaha…… I pray he wins the UCL with PSG so he can return to Barcelona and play one season before e go MLS go enjoy himself.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by etrouble: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

If you concerntrate on your life like you concerntrate on this nonsense, then you will not have time fooling yourself all over the internet. Shey Messi send your Mama ni? E no send am. Shey Mbappe know your Mama ni? E no know am.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by candygist: 12:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
rickpat:
Messi has four man of the match award prior to the final game...7goals and 3 assist...more chances created...more shots..more dribbles...more pass accuracy...those are the parameters used... football fans sometimes Sha

maybe emi Martinez Should not be the best keeper as well

Please educate dose olodo ororo fans.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Espelbengz(m): 12:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
As e d pain Dem e d sweet us ������

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by candygist: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Blake755:
True Sha but Messi really tried he carried his team for this world cup I hope you saw Croatia match the second and third goal u saw the magic

To be honest l, e pain you say Messi win world cup.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Almiron: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Pendu fans go cry till death, y'all think say na joke

Omo the trophy is heavy ooo, see one of Messi's kid face lol

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by babajero(m): 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Haters will always hate. Mbape only played to score goals while Messi played to entertain, the way he has been entertaining for years, football is a game of creativity and fun. EOD.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Almiron: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Something wey Pendu will touch till he die lmao

Our wife don lift one

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Onlinebar: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

If is paining you that he is always pampered, then learn to be a decent human being too
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by pquaver(m): 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Indabello:
Firstly, I must acknowledge that I am a Ronaldo fan and till tomorrow, I will be. The reality I acknowledged after Argentina made it past Croatia was that 'might' be Messi was a better player to Ronaldo. And even today, something deep down tells me, probably he is the real GOAT after all.

However, with all sincerity, if Argentina made it past Round 16, Quarter final and now the final, it is not because of Messi, it's because of the Goalkeeper.
I feel FIFA should have acknowledged this fact and recognize the Keeper's contributions.
Again, if we truly want to be objective, we will realize that compensating Messi in 2014 with player of the tournament even when he wasn't deserving of it and denying Mbappe similar compensation after his lawfully earned Goldenbooth amounts to double standard or speaking with both sides of your mouth.

Again, Messi might have accomplished more than CR7 and probably is even the GOAT, the fact still remains that I remain ever sympathetic to CR7 because all his awards were duly earned without pampering or unnecessary sympathy from any body. This is evident in FIFA acknowledging that XAVI should have won the 2010 Balon d or. Again, for winning Copa America while Ronaldo did not enjoy similar privilege for winning a more prestigious title in Euro. Moreover, Lewa should have won it that year.

This not withstanding, Respect should be given to whom it is due and MESSI deserves nothing but that������������������‍���‍���‍�

Stop this nonsense.. Ronaldo worn a world footballer of the year after playing playoff against Sweden, fifa reopen a closed voting system to accommodate it.. Question is did he not play qualifiers? Are there no teams that qualified for the world cup directly without playoffs, why don't fifa do say for others? Same when ribery won every Ronaldo took the balon for.. Ronaldo is the one pampered. He was bought billion of pounds of players by his side in real Madrid, who did Messi play with? Pedro, gomes, affelay etc.. If it was Madrid who lucky got Messi, and Ronaldo was in barca, I swear he won't see 1 balon dor.. Because Perez will buy every player to support his greatness.. Yet Messi won more golden boots, balon dor etc.. You say he is pampered.. Oga the spirit of CR7 foolishness is still hovering around you, you have banish most but small still remain but you are better than the others with the Legion.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by blowjohn(m): 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Powers that be.
New world order.

If u know u know

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by veektor01(m): 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Abeg tell them.
How many assists did Mbappe make? They think it's by running kikikatakata or by just scoring goals?

rickpat:
Messi has four man of the match award prior to the final game...7goals and 3 assist...more chances created...more shots..more dribbles...more pass accuracy...those are the parameters used... football fans sometimes Sha

maybe emi Martinez Should not be the best keeper as well
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Angelfrost(m): 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Winning the world cup is more than enough for Messi tbh! Guy wouldn't even have been bothered whether he won that award or not.

Mbappe should have been given best player award alongside the Golden boot!

Well, what's done is done... No point arguing this.

This is Messi's last world cup... Mbappe should keep working on his craft. Glorious days are ahead for him.

He, Haaland, Foden, and others are the current stars to keep the game flying!

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by main24(m): 12:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
peter0071:
chief... did you really watch the game from the beginning? Mbappe did amazingly great. But Messi is just out of the world. Take an example the match between Morocco and France, Mbappe was totally swallowed in the match. But check each of Messi's games.. I understand and respect your stand, but out of the two outstanding men, the winners produced a more outstanding winner. The goat will now retire as he accomplishes his lifetime dream.

No! You Messi fanatics can't deceive the whole world. grin cheesy
Even Messi fans are saying Mbappe deserves the best player of the tournament's award but the fanatics are just not having it.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Streetmovement(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
OJEEMAH:
It’s not like Mbappe was all round better than Messi. Mbappe 8goals 2assists. Messi 7goals and 3assists. Just like he was instrumental in their run to the final, so was Messi.

Messi was pulling the strings with defense splitting passes, playmaking and also scoring to secure their qualification to the next round.

The 2 best player in the World Cup made it to the final. In this case, whoever wins the tournament should be crowned best. You obviously don’t know how it works. Germany had no exceptional player in their team that year.

Do you think Messi would have won golden ball if Germany had an outstanding player like James Rodriguez?

Messi was outstanding in 2014. He was individually better than all German players. The only person that would have stopped Messi from winning 2014 golden ball was James Rodriguez but unfortunately, they knocked Columbia out in the quarter finals. When they robbed Ribery to crown him world best in 2013, he wasn’t pampered.

When they robbed Juventus in the champions against Madrid, he wasn’t pampered.

When he scored offside against Bayern & ATM, he wasn’t pampered.

Once Messi win anything, una go look for excuse. This shit is stale already…….Messi won Balon D’or, he was pampered. He won European Golden Boot, he was pampered, he won Copa America, pampered
Again, he won UCL, still pampered.

When it became clear, he was leading Argentina to the trophy, you guys started with this emotional blackmail cos Portugal was out.

Can you guys just take your time to watch Messi’s and contributions for once?

At 35, he was running the show for his country and competing with a 23years old electric and energetic Mbappe.

These are the records he broke and set in this World Cup yet you still think he doesn’t deserve golden ball

first and only player to score in all knock out games.

First and only player to score and assist in 3 World Cup games.

Most goal contribution in World Cup history

Most MOTM in World Cup history.

Give the guy some credit biko

Wotoporiously cool speaking

Aboli no waste your saliva for this penaldo fans abeg, they will never see football in general, na only Ronaldo concern them so needless arguing with them...bunch of hypocrites

Let them keep crying, their tears is like thick tea I use to eat my toasted sardine bread grin

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by main24(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
Angelfrost:
Winning the world cup is more than enough for Messi tbh! Guy wouldn't even have been bothered whether he won that award or not.

Mbappe should have been given best player award alongside the Golden boot!

Well, what's done is done... No point arguing this.

This is Messi's last world cup... Mbappe should keep working on his craft. Glorious days are ahead for him.

He, Haaland, Foden, and others are the current stars to keep the game flying!

100%
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Mrfixiit: 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
Zee0007:
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.
Fifa is too corrupt. Mbappebl deserved both golden boot and golden ball awards.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Eagba(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
Paullo19:
lol weda una like am or not Messi is the greatest player that has ever lived... I no understand how u go like football hate messi
They were looking at fine boy wey dey pack gel put for head
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by norriswood(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
Zee0007:
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.
....so when u re praying to ur God,pray not to be favored in life, keep hating whom God has made.....pray for favor in ur work, anywhere.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by michoim(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

You can say that again
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Alfred74: 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

The award is for best player of the tournament, not best player in a match,Go back to school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Footballer Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Her 3 Packs / Former EPL Referee, Howard Webb Marries German Female Referee, Steinhaus / Sergio Aguero's Car Collection (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74