Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44554 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by SouthSouth1914: 10:03am On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:
For marketing purpose. Messi is the most marketable player in football. Imagine if Argentina had crashed out, so many Messi fans would have left qatar.

It's all about the money. Fifa is no different from nigerian politicians.

There are millions of football lovers around the world, I mean genuine fans not one sided ones who cannot see a fixed worldcup because it favors their favorite player.

Ronaldo is the most followed person on earth on social media, so your argument isn’t great in that sense. But true, Football is all about money and the politics that comes with it.

If this worldcup tilted towards Portugal and Ronaldo, I am sure Messi fans will be cry babies all over. The World Cup was flawed right from the start and people like us who knew early didn’t scream. The politics in football has taken over the round leather game!

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingcalls: 10:04am On Dec 19, 2022
maxwell530:
how far Bros? I thought argentina were avoiding European teams

When they kept on giving them penalties to spoil game.... They made sure they gave them penalty against each of the European teams they played

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maxwell530(m): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2022
Kingcalls:

When they kept on giving them penalties to spoil game.... They made sure they gave them penalty against each of the European teams they played
Oh!!! The penalty is the problem now? I thought we all agreed Messi sucks at taking penalty under pressure and that's why he couldn't win international title with Argentina

You need rest

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingcalls: 10:15am On Dec 19, 2022
maxwell530:
Oh!!! The penalty is the problem now? I thought we all agreed Messi sucks at taking penalty under pressure and that's why he couldn't win international title with Argentina

You need rest

Same penalty u Messi fans used in mocking Ronaldo... Messi is now labelled the new penaldo ... First player to play 5 penalties in a wc ...

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
His business

Don't pretend. It's very clear.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
REST, go back to school and read my comment again

You sound distraught. Sorry for whatever is triggering you (though I can guess what that could be).

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:

To you idiots, everything is messi vs ronaldo.

Go and meet your level.

I think that's not working. OK, try "FIFA rigged it for Messi". Let's see if that works.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by realsammie(m): 10:54am On Dec 19, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did u watch France Morocco ?? Did u watch the group games ?? Did u watch what mbappe did to Poland ... Messi was just scoring penalties while mbappe was firing goals ... Scoring a hat trick in a world cup final no b beans .. not just scoring , pulling ur team back ... Mbappe deserved the golden ball... If Messi did the same thing mbappe did and mbappe did same that Messi did , they wud have still given Messi , they will say mbappe was just scoring penalties... Mbappe had 12 goal contributions for France out of 16 goals scored by France ...only 2 penalties played... Messi on the other hand had 10 goal contributions out of the 15 goals by Argentina with 4 penalties... And he played more minutes... Mbappe deserved it

What are you even saying bros.

Messi has 7 GOALS, 3 ASSIST, 7 BIG CHANCES Created, 5 Man Of The Match awards While Mpape has 8 GOALS, 2 ASSIST, 4 BIG CHANCES CREATED and 4 Man Of The Match awards.

Messi turn up for Argentina from match day one to the final while Mpape never showed up against England and Morocco and you still expect mpape to win the golden ball. Haba now. You guys hatred for Messi has gotten to another level abeg. make una dey calm down abeg.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by slimanyd: 11:00am On Dec 19, 2022
Check what Messi also did here. I don't fifa to give me at all. But trust the media. They won't report it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-Ik-I6ENM
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Cajal(m): 11:04am On Dec 19, 2022
Your goat is unknown
African mentality
Check the players with most MAN OF THE MATCH ...that is how it is done
Messi has the highest MAN OF THE MATCH BOTH IN 2014 AND 2022
kindly read more
This is not APC OR PDP

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by slimanyd: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2022
realsammie:
It's like the opp only watch today's final. Let me ask you a question. Between Mpape and Messi, who has carried their team from match day one the most. Or should i also remind you of the number of assist Messi has in this world cup. What about Chances created.

The problem with penaldo fans is that they think football is all about goals. that Is why you keep seeing cr7 fans bringing some stupid stats like "more headed goals, more right footed goal more left footed goals. Haba now.

Messi more than deserve the best player award.

Ask urself aswell. In 2014. Why was was Messi given the player of the tournament ahead of mbappe?

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2022
teebagy:
cr7 is not liked by fifa but he has 5 ballon d or and he plays estonia . Faroe island where he batters them what an irony.
REST. U KNOW FIFA PREFERS MESSI.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 11:26am On Dec 19, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Don't pretend. It's very clear.
like I.said, his business. rest
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 11:26am On Dec 19, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

You sound distraught. Sorry for whatever is triggering you (though I can guess what that could be).
go back school and read my comment again.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MrColdsweat: 11:30am On Dec 19, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

There are millions of football lovers around the world, I mean genuine fans not one sided ones who cannot see a fixed worldcup because it favors their favorite player.

Ronaldo is the most followed person on earth on social media, so your argument isn’t great in that sense. But true, Football is all about money and the politics that comes with it.

If this worldcup tilted towards Portugal and Ronaldo, I am sure Messi fans will be cry babies all over. The World Cup was flawed right from the start and people like us who knew early didn’t scream. The politics in football has taken over the round leather game!

I don't actually care about the worldcup. I'm just worried about the unadulterated foolishness of humanity.

The world cup cost $220bn.
To eradicate world hunger will cost humanity $30bn a year.
To eradicate malaria will cost $17bn.
Humanity chose entertainment over saving themselves.

We are nothing but cashcows for the criminals in fifa.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 11:31am On Dec 19, 2022
maisams01:
mumu since you didn't address the Op you lack the moral right to address anyone
Lol. read my comment again after u go back to KG 1

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by TheTWM: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2022
Nice.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ednut1(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2022
Unknown opinion
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by fortunez1(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2022
Oluwasheyijossy:
Sorry sir its Messi's birthright cheesy
Coward
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oludara202: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2022
I am not a CR7 fan , but that's my thought too.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Karleb(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2022
Make we no talk abeg.

I knew they were going to give it to Messi. He's their baby. Mbappe was clearly the player of the tournament.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Fuckyoumod: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.
your opinion don't count bro.... All these Ronaldo fans God forbid.
It is not Ronaldo again, it's now Mbappe.

Go and take it away from Messi

Your mbappe was lucky he got more goals than Messi otherwise Messi would have gone home with both awards.

Best player and golden boot awards.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by gohanDBZ: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2022
Di Maria was da real MVP IMO...

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by BlaqFaze: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
your father is a gerenational fool. did i adress Op. I said face d article, leave ronaldo. was ronaldo in the my statement. it is ur type that writes waec 55 times. your mother is a dog

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Richy4(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2022
Karleb:
Make we no talk abeg.

I knew they were going to give it to Messi. He's their baby. Mbappe was clearly the player of the tournament.

Haba!!!! You are still here cheesy

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Timijo(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.
Your opinion doesn't count.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by fredoooooo: 11:40am On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Did you watch the games or you only see the highlights?
I ask you a question , football all-round aside goals yesterday, who was a better player on the field between Mbappe and Messi ?
Just like someone said , your opinion doesn't count

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Paullo19: 11:40am On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Messi was first, mbappe second...ur opinion Sha no count... How many people prefer Ronaldo outside some plastic fans that don't know Football....

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 19, 2022
No matter your opinion, he deserved it for lifting the cup. If France had won it, it's Mbanpe for the golden ball and he would have been seen as young Pele of our time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award / 1.3+ Odds Daily Rollover / Chelsea Announce British-record Signing, Caicedo With Nigeria R&B Music

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77