Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44648 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
If you fight grace you face disgrace. Messi is full of grace and he does his things calmly and cool not minding the current pressure on him. Did you see his penalty during the penalty shoot out? Who on earth will play a penalty like that with all the pressure mounting on him

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by alobright17(m): 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
Indabello:
Firstly, I must acknowledge that I am a Ronaldo fan and till tomorrow, I will be. The reality I acknowledged after Argentina made it past Croatia was that 'might' be Messi was a better player to Ronaldo. And even today, something deep down tells me, probably he is the real GOAT after all.

However, with all sincerity, if Argentina made it past Round 16, Quarter final and now the final, it is not because of Messi, it's because of the Goalkeeper.
I feel FIFA should have acknowledged this fact and recognize the Keeper's contributions.
Again, if we truly want to be objective, we will realize that compensating Messi in 2014 with player of the tournament even when he wasn't deserving of it and denying Mbappe similar compensation after his lawfully earned Goldenbooth amounts to double standard or speaking with both sides of your mouth.

Again, Messi might have accomplished more than CR7 and probably is even the GOAT, the fact still remains that I remain ever sympathetic to CR7 because all his awards were duly earned without pampering or unnecessary sympathy from any body. This is evident in FIFA acknowledging that XAVI should have won the 2010 Balon d or. Again, for winning Copa America while Ronaldo did not enjoy similar privilege for winning a more prestigious title in Euro. Moreover, Lewa should have won it that year.

This not withstanding, Respect should be given to whom it is due and MESSI deserves nothing but that������������������‍���‍���‍�

You make noise finish without any stats , all you Ronaldo asslickers never appreciate anything from Messi. next thing you will start saying Messi is not supposed to be captain uNA mumu no go ever do

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MITCHELL96: 1:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
AudioMonkey:

Somebody with sense analyzing unlike all these half educated Pendu fans with their amateur sense.
Like MITCHELL96 has been watching the back of his TV since 2007, who claimed France was the better team yesterday. Some people deactivate their sense before typing.

Okay Omini-knowest. Come and collect award for knowing everything. grin
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by alobright17(m): 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:

To you idiots, everything is messi vs ronaldo.

Go and meet your level.
The comment pained you that's why you're calling idiots , I love the pain Messi has inflicted on you lots
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ogmask: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
OJEEMAH:
I greet you bro.

Congratulations!

Brother, I dey learn for where you dey. I showed your post to some of my guys here they couldn't agree more. All man for my end remove cap for you.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by victorigwe: 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ItsTutsi(m): 1:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
I no sabi am too
Fearyourcreator:

I no sabi am... Help me
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by victorigwe: 1:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
Funny people

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Aemmyjah(m): 1:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
alobright17:
If you're not pained you would've use stats like assists, goal contributions, and everything that is matters in football to back up yours yeye claim . but you rather use emotions, pain, hatred,, blindness, venom , bias to judge it .

You're such a pained man
When Argentina lost to Saudi, despite all the goals ruled out, Argentina was not favored
All their victory they had since is cos they were favored
Pendu fans amuse me

When Messi was accused of tax fraud, he was a thief
When Ronaldo had such accusations, he was persecuted and hated
When Ronaldo won the Euro16, Messi must prove it too
When Messi won copa america, the tournament is held too often to make him win (as if it was not the fourth finals for him) and the tournament has cheap teams (South American teams and European teams, which one is brutal)...
When Messi won finalissimo again Italy, it is cos italy was weak

Messi wins world cup, they say he should come and break cr7 goals record to show he's GOAT. Even if he break it, they will say he should break cr7 fans record and his number of children.

I'm not saying Messi is the best ever but he now has a continental trophy, olympic medals, intercontinental trophy, champions league trophies, balloon, league trophies, golden boots and golden ball and finally a world cup

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Jemex003: 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Zee0007:
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.

Don’t you know meaning of Mercy?
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2022
Melodydoctor:
The world cup format was programmed to be Argentina vs Brazil semifinal. Isnt that a tough test for Argentina?
If wasn't. It's all for Messi. He's good but ojoro carried him this far

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maestroferddi: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Indabello:
Firstly, I must acknowledge that I am a Ronaldo fan and till tomorrow, I will be. The reality I acknowledged after Argentina made it past Croatia was that 'might' be Messi was a better player to Ronaldo. And even today, something deep down tells me, probably he is the real GOAT after all.

However, with all sincerity, if Argentina made it past Round 16, Quarter final and now the final, it is not because of Messi, it's because of the Goalkeeper.
I feel FIFA should have acknowledged this fact and recognize the Keeper's contributions.
Again, if we truly want to be objective, we will realize that compensating Messi in 2014 with player of the tournament even when he wasn't deserving of it and denying Mbappe similar compensation after his lawfully earned Goldenbooth amounts to double standard or speaking with both sides of your mouth.

Again, Messi might have accomplished more than CR7 and probably is even the GOAT, the fact still remains that I remain ever sympathetic to CR7 because all his awards were duly earned without pampering or unnecessary sympathy from any body. This is evident in FIFA acknowledging that XAVI should have won the 2010 Balon d or. Again, for winning Copa America while Ronaldo did not enjoy similar privilege for winning a more prestigious title in Euro. Moreover, Lewa should have won it that year.

This not withstanding, Respect should be given to whom it is due and MESSI deserves nothing but that������������������‍���‍���‍�
Oga leave sentiments and be objective...

No player has ever scored in the group stage, last 16, quarterfinals, semi-finals and then two goals in the final....

Messi deserves the accolades and more...

I find it ludicrous that people can infer bias by FIFA in favour of Messi when FIFA gives recognition from the recommendation of a technical committee...

Messi has answered all the questions...

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by SouthSouth1914: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrBroke:

Stop blabbing shit with your deluded and ignorant programmed mindset you gat. You think you are smart and you know shit but you just living in your world and fooling yourself with animations and objects you create from your comfort zone to justify the sentiments you already installed in yourself. People like you as you said, are you more eyed opened than the french president?Freedom of speech so..............

Better to shut up and be thought a birdbrain, than to speak and remove all doubts.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Shizzi23(m): 1:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

Shey your pman fit play Wetin e de play

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Asour: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

But Diego Forlan won the 2010 golden ball without even winning the third place game.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ruffDiamond: 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
Messi worked hard to achieve this feat only him carry Argentina for head seriously and good team work from the likes of De Maria and the sterling performance by their goal keeper who actually SAVED their Argentine Ass, mbappe really deserves man of the match award, considering how he quickly level up to equalize against Argentina. That was brilliant and top notch! Well, I just believe the future of football belong to the likes of mbappe.. He'll live to see a better day in his career going forward

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ibtommy(m): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

You know you've just released complete trash. Messi is the best player of the tournament. You want us to give it to Mbappe because he scored goals? You are joking. Go and condole your goat the more. You can keep wailing the more. E pain am
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwamiloba: 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

I really don't get the Ronaldo 'hate' part, CR7 is the most followed on IG, I don't know where you got your analysis from.
And also on the pampering, Messi isn't pampered bro, in the 2014 world cup, all stats showed that he deserved it, it wasn't a fluke, even in this 2022 it's no fluke he got it.
Anyways it's your opinion afterwards and you're entitled to it as I am entitled to mine

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by smatjr(m): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
OP obviously doesn't know football, e just dey watch football make e mates know say e dey watch, for someone who had the most assist and second highest goals in a WC.... It makes more sense to give it to him(MESSI) Other than mbappe.. in 2018 modric won the player of the tournament, he had less goals by far, but his contribution could not go unnoticed.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by alobright17(m): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
Aemmyjah:

When Argentina lost to Saudi, despite all the goals ruled out, Argentina was not favored
All their victory they had since is cos they were favored
Pendu fans amuse me

When Messi was accused of tax fraud, he was a thief
When Ronaldo had such accusations, he was persecuted and hated
When Ronaldo won the Euro16, Messi must prove it too
When Messi won copa america, the tournament is held too often to make him win (as if it was not the fourth finals for him) and the tournament has cheap teams (South American teams and European teams, which one is brutal)...
When Messi won finalissimo again Italy, it is cos italy was weak

Messi wins world cup, they say he should come and break cr7 goals record to show he's GOAT. Even if he break it, they will say he should break cr7 fans record and his number of children.

I'm not saying Messi is the best ever I AM WITHOUT APOLOY SAYING IT WITH ALL PASSION THAT MESSI IS GREATER THAN ANYONE THAT HAS EVER PLAYED SOCCER CALLED FOOTBALL .but he now has a continental trophy, olympic medals, intercontinental trophy, champions league trophies, balloon, league trophies, golden boots and golden ball and finally a world cup

Even the Goat of football commentary MR PETER Drury said it last night that Messi has done it all and that it is finished. tell me what else need to do before you'll consider him the best .

They said he never changed club he did
They said he never scored against Chelsea he did ,
They said he never scored against Liverpool he did
They said he never win Nationa senior trophy he did
They said he never win world cup he just did what else ? It is finished ,

Messi is the Goat.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by sneak3(m): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Oga carry your bias mind go.. Messi won the most number of MOTM award (5), most assist (3), second most goals scored (7) And you are here spitting rubbish.

On your opinion of 2014 world cup. That's the difference between Messi and Ronald. Messi combines goals and playmaking, he can win a man of the match award without scoring a goal but that can't be said of Ronaldo. This is the basic reason why CR7 fans always feel cheated or crying fowl play becos to them football revolves around heading, tap in and occasional long range

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maestroferddi: 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
Decentdave:
brother u Sabi abeg..no mind them
Messi is on his way to his 8 ballon d or
lol...

We know their futile campaign will fail because Messi has one thand already on the 8th World Best Award...

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by joyandfaith: 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
FlawlessKarl:

After reading all these nonsense from you, I have to shake my head sadly because I now know that I share this wonderful planet earth with people with no brain at all.
Down syndrome patient cannot understand it.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ibtommy(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
Not by emotions neither by goals, it's overall performance we're talking about, not "tap-in". For a 35-year old man to give us a thrilling performance like that is something worth the award. You can snatch it from him and give it to the "hatrick man". Just because someone performed well in the final doesn't mean he deserves to be the best player of the tournament. What happens to other matches?

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MrBroke(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
SouthSouth1914:

Better to shut up and be thought a birdbrain, than to speak and remove all doubts.

Yeah, just keep crying okay. You deserve it grin grin grin. And just incase you need a bucket, I can get you one to cry put or probably to kick. grin grin
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Melodydoctor: 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sweetplum:

If wasn't. It's all for Messi. He's good but ojoro carried him this far
Which of the games was Ojoro done? Was it in the final or against Holland when unneccesary 10 mins extra time made Holland equalise.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Lekan239(m): 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

you missed a line. Why did you think mpappe deserved the award and messi did not?
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwamiloba: 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

I agree with you. Mordric won best player in 2018 world cup.
Fifa just like many organizations are for making money. Messi is a good player with many fans and endorsement. Fifa need messi and other star players in the last 4. Small country can never win world cup.

Population, fans, endorsement and adverts are source of income for fifa. Brazil didn't do well against croatia and later would likely lost to Argentina in the Semifinal. Portugal didn't do well against morocco. Fifa didn't manipulate that because Morocco stands for Arabs, Africans and Islamic world. Of course, Ronaldo also has a huge fans. Brazil v argentina semi-final would have been an historical game with many eyes watching it. Either Brazil or Argentina at the semifinal was a good deal for Fifa with either of them facing france or portugal at final.

Subtle manipulations were done to ensure Argentina gets to final. Early penalties in the most Argentina games unsettled vibrant opponent- Netherlands, Croatia and France.

I can say messi effort, fifa manipulation and luck helped Argentina. It is like that in the most life achievement.

Corruption has overtaken the entire world.

Conspiracy theories
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by naijapikin2(m): 1:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
Zee0007:
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.
oga God bless your soul. You're absolutely correct. Person wey know, him truly know. Shikenan

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ecoco2014(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Truvelisback:
There is Politics in Football. So, these awards are Shit to me. But that doesn't stop me from prefering Messi to that arrogant and Selfish CR7.

I DON'T LIKE EITHER LIONEL MESSI OR CRISTIANO RONALDO. FOR ME MBAPPE AND THE PLAYERS IN HIS ERA GOING FORWARD ARE WORTH WATCHING WITHOUT FEAR OF REFEREEING BIAS.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by bigtt76(f): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
Messi had more assist among the 2. Mbappe won the golden boot as highest goal scorer, Grizemann was next with 3 assists like Messi but did not score any goal unlike Messi who had 7 goals. If Grizemann had 4 assist or more he would have won it.

LesbianBoy:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Man City Ranked Best Fooball Team In The World, Man Utd 34th [Top 10] / Rohr Praises Influence Of Ekong and Balogun In Super Eagles WC Qualification / Footballer Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Her 3 Packs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68