Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44613 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Gentlevip: 1:31pm On Dec 19, 2022
Pain and jealousy comes in different modes
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nursepepeye(f): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
[quote author=Alfred74 post=119257098][/quote] what if my tears have Corona virus and HIV in it, na so you go take go, use your brain
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwamiloba: 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2022
Mrfixiit:
You're talking trash. Messi and Ronaldo dominated world best awards since 2007 since kaka won it because of their goals. If chances created and assists are the main parameters used, kDB and Juan mata would have won ballon d'or

Messi was not lacking even in goals also
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwamiloba: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
GENES11S:

Mbape was missing in action (not active) in the last two games before the final.

Against England Walker kept him quite. Against Morocco, Hakimi pocketed him. He only has one or two moments in those matches.

Messi on the other hand was in action (active) in all the matches.
Currently, Mbape is better than Messi due to his younger status. But for that award, if you watch all the matches (not just the final) you will know Messi deserve it more.

You left out Tunisia, Mbappe was also MIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kaysalas(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.
Your opinion doesn't matter.
Cry me a river

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ukandi1(m): 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
maxwell530:
Gianni infantino a Swiss-italian is now an Argentine because Messi win world cup? How low can you guys go?

That was how you accused blatter for a decade..... you guys are disgusting

Hahahahahahahahaha...

That skipped my memory.
He was however an Argentine fan before he took over the FIFA reigns from Blatter .
I am not a Ronaldo fan.

I support good football. I am not opposed to Messi winning whatever y'all say he's deserving of.
I am only saying that... ITS NOT FAIR YO ROB MBAPPE who was clearly the best just to favour MESSI in a bid to end a debate.

U hope in the course of our lives, when glory is given to someone less deserving, we would not complain
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Tobijays: 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Penaldo fans always coming up with reason to cry

One thing about penaldians is that they don't know anything about football
They just believe football is all about tap -ins
Now watch in the coming days how how most of them will start sympathising with mpappe

Not knowing that even the mpappe self ....Neymar play ball pass am by far
Thought you was intelligent with your write ups but I can see the effect of drugs on you! Ronaldo won Puskas with tap ins abi! France didn’t play with the best player in the world among others due to injury yet Mbappe puts dem on! Scored 4 goals against the supposed best keeper less than 60 minutes. From Sepp Blatter days, FIFA carried Messi! Qatar thought the World Cup will be memorable if he wins it to distract the public from the bribery arrest going all over the world soon referees will be picked and truths unfolds

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kobicove(m): 1:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:
For marketing purpose. Messi is the most marketable player in football. Imagine if Argentina had crashed out, so many Messi fans would have left qatar.

It's all about the money. Fifa is no different from nigerian politicians.

Business is all about making money! grin
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by misan1977: 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
The poster is correct

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:

I don't actually care about the worldcup. I'm just worried about the unadulterated foolishness of humanity.

The world cup cost $220bn.
To eradicate world hunger will cost humanity $30bn a year.
To eradicate malaria will cost $17bn.
Humanity chose entertainment over saving themselves.

We are nothing but cashcows for the criminals in fifa.
And people will be defending billionaires and the wealthy I remember Elon Musk being asked to donate money to eradicate world hunger he asked for a plan they gave it to him and he ignored and pretended like nothing happened.
These your stats are they true? If so I weep for humanity. Qatar always had a human rights problem to begin with yet they allowed them to host the world cup what a shame
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Wilson500: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
This penaldo fan girls will soon die of depression

A man that made headlines and records after the Saudi treatment till the finale doesn't deserve the golden ball..una dey mad for head

How many goals did Modric score when he was given the award in 2018 but nobody complain...was Mbappe not the champion then
Assuming Croatia played this finals against France, na Modric them go give golden ball ahead of Mbappe because he is an all round player like Messi unlike Mbappe who is just a goal scorer but deficient in other areas

Messi is both a playmaker as well as a goal scorer...that was why he was always ahead of CR7 and now Mbappe
Mbappe is a true mirror image of CR7 though he is not as skillful as CR7...his strength is his speed
Mbappe was even lucky to win that golden boot if not for Scaloni stupid substitution
Person way no get any shot on target for 70mins

Continue crying
because
FIFA Best is loading
8th Ballon d'or is loading

Useless sadists

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
Melodydoctor:
Which of the games was Ojoro done? Was it in the final or against Holland when unneccesary 10 mins extra time made Holland equalise.
Ojoro dey for how Messi won under 20 WC.
Ojoro inside year 2010 and 2020 balloon for. 2010 was for either sneidjer or iniesta. 2020 was for lewy.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by syntekelite(m): 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

Maybe cr7 shld be given the award grin... After all thats ur hidden meaning, u just using mbappe to cover up
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Tegabadguy(m): 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sweetplum:

Ojoro inside year 2010 and 2020 balloon for. 2010 was for either sneidjer or iniesta. 2020 was for lewy.
not true
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by tesppidd: 1:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
No doubt Mbappe was Man of the Match in that final.

But for the overall player of the tournament, Messi edges Mbappe.

You need to check out the numbers and stats to understand that Messi performed better than Mbappe at Qatar 2022.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by aspher: 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

On this one, you're very correct. That's why one can't really shake off the feeling that Messi was an idol to football authorities. When it's someone else's turn, the rules will take a twist, just like the case you sighted and many more (even Ballon d'Or). Cr7 desperately did all he could to catch up, but the stakes against him were too high. Football is now purely business.

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Wilson500: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Tobijays:
Thought you was intelligent with your write ups but I can see the effect of drugs on you! Ronaldo won Puskas with tap ins abi! France didn’t play with the best player in the world among others due to injury yet Mbappe puts dem on! Scored 4 goals against the supposed best keeper less than 60 minutes. From Sepp Blatter days, FIFA carried Messi! Qatar thought the World Cup will be memorable if he wins it to distract the public from the bribery arrest going all over the world soon referees will be picked and truths unfolds

Oga how many of the 4 goals were penalties
Assuming it was Messi that scored a hat trick with 2 penalties...shey story for change
Since yesterday nobody mentioned that Mbappe got his hat trick with 2 penalties but assuming it was Messi, we for no hear word

Una FIFA conspiracy no hold water
Una don run out of excuse to give
Messi is na miles ahead of CR7
He is now in the league of world cup Legends

Continue crying
Depression is real grin

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by pundit92: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Please make u na congratulate Davido too nw, at least he made it to the world cup final ahead of Pendu grin we go press ur neck anyhow.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by alabo1: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:
For marketing purpose. Messi is the most marketable player in football. Imagine if Argentina had crashed out, so many Messi fans would have left qatar.

It's all about the money. Fifa is no different from nigerian politicians.
HE IS NOT. CR7 IS MORE MARKETABLE AND MAKES MORE FROM ENDORSEMENTS THAN MESSI - GO CHECK AND REVERT PLEASE. ALSO CHECK WHO IS MORE FOLLOWERS ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLEASE. LETS BE OBJECTIVE IN OUR ANALYSIS DESPITE OUR PREFERENCES

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by SenatePresdo(m): 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
I get your point. Ronaldo is great but he is not liked by majority. Fifa and people feel he is the only one that can challenge messi. I had a brilliant guy in secondary school always collecting best students award but as i joined the school it became a competition but he was mostly favoured when there was a tie and because he did not come from a well to do home which they can tag as a disadvantage or humility. I feel pity for ronaldo because he is not at his best time. if ronaldo was banging at d moment he will just ignore this messi acheivement, score like 50 goals, probably win the champions league again, showing he is still there no matter what. The funny thing about life is that no matter what people like me still take cr7 as the goat. My opinion, what do i know.

He's not like by majority?

Bro, Ronaldo has more supporters than Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Laughingkk: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
Your write up shows how bitter your soul is
Stop the hatred and acknowledge deserved success
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maestroferddi: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
Connected1:
If you want to win, do it honourably.

I have always disliked Messi because of the football fraud they do for him, right from his Barcelona days when they rigged so many matches for him including that PSG win which the referee was demoted after several complaints.

This Worldcup is not an exception, the fraud was so much, I don't know who is better amongst Ronaldo and Messi but I always use Ronaldo to motivate myself, he's an Underdog.
Oga no dey misyarn...

If Messi played in the Premiership, this comparison with Ronaldo would not have arisen...

Ronaldo has the benefit of the hype from the English speaking world who dominate the narrative.

You don't know better than Rio Ferdinand, Luka Modric and Wayne Rooney who all were Ronaldo's team mates but have unanimously declared Messi the GOAT...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Gwan2(m): 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Bro, I for settled down give you better words of wisdom but is not worth it....I will leave you with this line,,,,Life itself (not FIFA oo) never and will never give all of us an equal level or parameter to compete,,, Nature itself will be bias towards whoever applies its principles efficiently and effectively.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Wilson500: 2:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sweetplum:

Oga the ballon d'or Messi won was it 2020 or 2021
You people should leave Messi alone
He is not the cause of your misery grin
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by olibeans: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
It's because Mbappe is black and Messi is white. Not difficult to distinguish.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Laughingkk: 2:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
MrColdsweat:

You messi and ronaldo fans have killed football with silly sentiments.

Football is a team sport. There is no such thing as best player.
That means those players on the bench all through the tournament can still be rated player of the year since it's team sport
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by me69: 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
The WC was rigged for him so why not give him everything
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MN07: 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Wilson500: 2:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
maestroferddi:
Oga no dey misyarn...

If Messi played in the Premiership, this comparison with Ronaldo would have arisen...

Ronaldo has the benefit of the hype from the English speaking world who dominate the narrative.

You don't know better than Rio Ferdinand, Luka Modric and Wayne Rooney who all were Ronaldo's team mates but have unanimously declared Messi the GOAT...

No mind them
Bitterness and envy has taken over their thought
They will die of jealousy because depression is real grin
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by BeauBragnar11: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
cry cry cry... Ronaldo don turn orphan.

All his fans don abandon am, and queue behind Mbappe. cry cry

They realized he wasn't the Idolo at last.
Mbappe is now the new Idolo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Melodydoctor: 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sweetplum:

2020 was cancelled na. 2021 was definitely for messi na.

under 20 WC Argentina won us fair and square but as Nigerians it looks like ojorp because it was against us and are penalty goals like France also played 2 penalty against Argentina in a final yesterday. The only one I can agree with you is 2010.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Perpetua Nkwocha Weds Nwufoh In Owerri (Photos) / Chelsea Announce British-record Signing, Caicedo With Nigeria R&B Music / Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.