Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44507 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Tegabadguy(m): 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
Sweetplum:
it's true. I know football
okay
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Iamthoney(m): 2:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did u watch France Morocco ?? Did u watch the group games ?? Did u watch what mbappe did to Poland ... Messi was just scoring penalties while mbappe was firing goals ... Scoring a hat trick in a world cup final no b beans .. not just scoring , pulling ur team back ... Mbappe deserved the golden ball... If Messi did the same thing mbappe did and mbappe did same that Messi did , they wud have still given Messi , they will say mbappe was just scoring penalties... Mbappe had 12 goal contributions for France out of 16 goals scored by France ...only 2 penalties played... Messi on the other hand had 10 goal contributions out of the 15 goals by Argentina with 4 penalties... And he played more minutes... Mbappe deserved it
Finally you came out of your hole only to come and lie. Mbappe had 10 goals contributions and not 12 so stop with the lies and he scored 2 penalties. The only things he did better than Messi was scored more goals and had more dribble completed nothing more. Griezmann, Fernandez, Kane and Messi and any other player(s) were the top assister with 3 assists to their name so stop telling lies to win arguments or give false tongue to gain advantage as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Shebbs: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
kaey10:
Mbappe deserves it but nothing wey you won talk Messi fans no go gree. So save yourself the stress.

How Many Man Of The Match Awards Mbappe Win Prior To The Final? Na So Dem Dey Use Rate Am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MN07: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by HimName: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Oya, na u deserve the award.

Shey we can nap now.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by WriterX(m): 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
The only Argentina player I still love and respect is Di maria.

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ken045501: 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
it’s easy for you to write rubbish about someone’s struggle to success. One day you will be in Messi’s shoe and ppl will tell you right to your face you don’t deserve what you have , only then you will realize your self . Mugu
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by CorperKola: 3:11pm On Dec 19, 2022
ThierryJay:

Brilliant! Thanks for saving me the effort of schooling these annoying twats.

Imagine them still opening their yeye mouth to discredit a 35 year old Messi that scored a massive 2 goals in World cup final. I mean these are the same peeps that their Idolo did not even score at all in the Euro 2016 final that they used to taunt Messi for years until the GOAT shut them up by himself.
He didnt even complete the match, he was out by the mid 1st half due to injury.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by realsammie(m): 3:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
youngpresidooo:
keeper carried argentina not Messi and mbappe carried the team in r16 and r8

e be like say na only Ro16 and Rof 8 you watch. Guess you are a Penaldo fans because you just show us now that the moment lord Luxemburg got eliminated, you stopped watching world cup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ebuclassic18(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2022
Before coming out with a baseless post go and rewatch the Argentina and france matches from day one of the tournament compare both players critically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by davibid: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
I get your point. Ronaldo is great but he is not liked by majority. Fifa and people feel he is the only one that can challenge messi. I had a brilliant guy in secondary school always collecting best students award but as i joined the school it became a competition but he was mostly favoured when there was a tie and because he did not come from a well to do home which they can tag as a disadvantage or humility. I feel pity for ronaldo because he is not at his best time. if ronaldo was banging at d moment he will just ignore this messi acheivement, score like 50 goals, probably win the champions league again, showing he is still there no matter what. The funny thing about life is that no matter what people like me still take cr7 as the goat. My opinion, what do i know.
I completely agree with you, Funny enough I was telling my brother this morning that no footballer has Ronaldo’s kind of mental strength, fifa, Eufa etc they always make him feel inferior to M10 but he never gives up, imagine the Ballon D’or gap between them but he managed to catch after which the powers that be, started gifting Messi unmerited Ballon D,ors to spit CR7. They gave Ballon Dor meant for CR7 to Modric because he left Real Madrid for Juventus. Do you know that if CR7 were to contest for gold boot with 4 penalties out of 7 goals they would still castigate him by calling him penaldo but since it Messi's everyone is turning blind eye to it. Honestly the men that be in football doesn’t like him one bit, it’s really sad that he’s loved to a fault by those whose opinions don’t matter in the game.
CR7 for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Mrfixiit: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2022
realsammie:

Just shut your mouth there. Olodo, you are calling juan mata and KDB could have won ballon d'or. How many goals and assist can they show for it. How many trophies have they won. KDB is good with chances created fine, what about the goals, what about the trophies, assist. you pick only chances created as if that was the only criteria i mentioned above. oga Rest
You're a classified idiot. KDB is an assist king go check records before displaying your stupidity Ode
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Iamthoney(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
Roboto11:

Who was in the running when the award was given another way other than the final?
Example was Modric in 2018
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Skinkerjnr(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.
You will live long.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingsbuchi: 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
Indabello:
Firstly, I must acknowledge that I am a Ronaldo fan and till tomorrow, I will be. The reality I acknowledged after Argentina made it past Croatia was that 'might' be Messi was a better player to Ronaldo. And even today, something deep down tells me, probably he is the real GOAT after all.

However, with all sincerity, if Argentina made it past Round 16, Quarter final and now the final, it is not because of Messi, it's because of the Goalkeeper.
I feel FIFA should have acknowledged this fact and recognize the Keeper's contributions.
Again, if we truly want to be objective, we will realize that compensating Messi in 2014 with player of the tournament even when he wasn't deserving of it and denying Mbappe similar compensation after his lawfully earned Goldenbooth amounts to double standard or speaking with both sides of your mouth.

Again, Messi might have accomplished more than CR7 and probably is even the GOAT, the fact still remains that I remain ever sympathetic to CR7 because all his awards were duly earned without pampering or unnecessary sympathy from any body. This is evident in FIFA acknowledging that XAVI should have won the 2010 Balon d or. Again, for winning Copa America while Ronaldo did not enjoy similar privilege for winning a more prestigious title in Euro. Moreover, Lewa should have won it that year.

This not withstanding, Respect should be given to whom it is due and MESSI deserves nothing but that������������������‍���‍���‍�

According to your logic Ribery should have won 2013 Balon d'or because he won the champions league,Bundesliga and a League cup, right?
Remember to 2013 Balon d'or award to Ronaldo was the most controversial balon for award in history..
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingsbuchi: 3:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

Its not just about the world cup, Messi was the best player in the tournament even before the finals..
I don't know why Ronaldo fans are senseless

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2022
MN07:

Common shut up your mouth Enemy of progress.

Go and hang yourself since Messi won.

Animal.
Weren't hug transformers. Maybe iya e o rimi lana when I dey congratulate Argentina. Na your type dey beat women. Useless man

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by seunak2016: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
rickpat:
Messi has four man of the match award prior to the final game...7goals and 3 assist...more chances created...more shots..more dribbles...more pass accuracy...those are the parameters used... football fans sometimes Sha

maybe emi Martinez Should not be the best keeper as well
more penalty nko ? you no remember that one too
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MN07: 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Jostoman: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
I get your point. Ronaldo is great but he is not liked by majority. Fifa and people feel he is the only one that can challenge messi. I had a brilliant guy in secondary school always collecting best students award but as i joined the school it became a competition but he was mostly favoured when there was a tie and because he did not come from a well to do home which they can tag as a disadvantage or humility. I feel pity for ronaldo because he is not at his best time. if ronaldo was banging at d moment he will just ignore this messi acheivement, score like 50 goals, probably win the champions league again, showing he is still there no matter what. The funny thing about life is that no matter what people like me still take cr7 as the goat. My opinion, what do i know.
you know nothing oga.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by elsiusgr8t(m): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Penaldo fans always coming up with reason to cry

One thing about penaldians is that they don't know anything about football
They just believe football is all about tap -ins
Now watch in the coming days how how most of them will start sympathising with mpappe

Not knowing that even the mpappe self ....Neymar play ball pass am by far

Come on man.... You still have mind called cr7 penaldo even after Messi scored 7 goals and 5 are all pk... Omo hehehe...
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Jostoman: 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

where was your mbanpe in the quarter final and semi final ?
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Jostoman: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Zee0007:
If you talk they will say you are pained. Messi is always favoured. That's why Ronaldo will always be many goat.
tell your ronaldo to go and win world cup first before you can compare him with the Original GOAT called messi.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Theboy21: 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
Forever brother !!!

1 Like

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Saintinoo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

You guys no little about football, how will someone who won 2 man of the match awards win the best player ahead of the other person that got 5 man of the match award.

Man of the match is the first parameter used in awarding best player in the world cup, in 2014, Messi had the highest Man if the match award too.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Winnin009: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did u watch France Morocco ?? Did u watch the group games ?? Did u watch what mbappe did to Poland ... Messi was just scoring penalties while mbappe was firing goals ... Scoring a hat trick in a world cup final no b beans .. not just scoring , pulling ur team back ... Mbappe deserved the golden ball... If Messi did the same thing mbappe did and mbappe did same that Messi did , they wud have still given Messi , they will say mbappe was just scoring penalties... Mbappe had 12 goal contributions for France out of 16 goals scored by France ...only 2 penalties played... Messi on the other hand had 10 goal contributions out of the 15 goals by Argentina with 4 penalties... And he played more minutes... Mbappe deserved it

When it was Messi; you downplayed penalties like it’s not an acceptable way to get goals. You mention Mbappe scoring a hat trick in the finals but refuse to highlight that two of the goals were penalties.

Guy, go take medicine. I no sure say you well.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Winnin009: 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
elsiusgr8t:

Come on man.... You still have mind called cr7 penaldo even after Messi scored 7 goals and 5 are all pk... Omo hehehe...

How many did Ronaldo score?! grin grin grin

Let me guess, it was a penalty too?! Ronaldo couldn’t even score one goal from open play and you’re still here arguing?! Come on now guy.

And Messi scored 4 pk.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Winnin009: 4:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
seunak2016:
more penalty nko ? you no remember that one too

So penalty no be goal?! That other guy weh dem Dey use compare Messi, how many goal he score?!

The Mbappe sef, it was penalties that made him stand out in that match.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Winnin009: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
ken045501:
it’s easy for you to write rubbish about someone’s struggle to success. One day you will be in Messi’s shoe and ppl will tell you right to your face you don’t deserve what you have , only then you will realize your self . Mugu

No worry, he no fit ever dey Messi shoes. Lol. Not even his next generation sef. lol.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by joyandfaith: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
IgweBUIKE1:
just look at the rubbish you have configured your mind to believe,, did fifa Also stop Brazil from shooting at goal or was the goal post shifted when mbappe wanted to shoot on top of that, France was given two penalty... Pls stop this your beer parlour analysis, cos if it's true a lot of folks playing bet would have been a millionaire
You are so dull in your thinking. There is nothing that cannot be manipulated in this world as long as money is involved.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Impactech: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
Op, Are you judging based on the final alone? Even with the final, Messi had a better performance than mbappe. Mbappe was not visible for the first 50-60minutes of the game now compared to Messi that was remarkable throughout the game, he creates more chances for the team, and accurately passes. Mbappe is a fantastic player no doubt but it was just his goals in the final minutes in the final that brought him to the limelight in the final. Overall without biased Messi had a better game in the world cup compared to Mbappe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by joyandfaith: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
mastermaestro:

So you are still crying over this Messi issue after the lesson I put you through yesterday? I pity any successful person around you who erroneously sees you as a friend.

You are a threat to successful people. sad
Who is messi? Feeble minds discuss people great minds discuss issue. I don't worship mere mortal. There is nothing that cannot be manipulated in this world as long as it is involved fame and money. Stop thinking like an slowpoke.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Gul Hamid Sells His Trophies To Survive / AFCON 2021: Why Referee, Janny Sikazwe Stopped Tunisia Vs Mali Early / The Elite List Of Nigerian Players Who Have Won The English Premier League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.