Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96529 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 5:10pm On Nov 20, 2023
Wait na so Starlink dey do i wasn't given my Free month upon activation today them want charge me 38k wtf even though when buying it its like 38k was added on the price
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 2:40am On Nov 21, 2023
morikee:
Wait na so Starlink dey do i wasn't given my Free month upon activation today them want charge me 38k wtf even though when buying it its like 38k was added on the price
Have you received your Starlink?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 8:09am On Nov 21, 2023
HIbreed:
Have you received your Starlink?
Yes upon activation i was greeted with 38k billing 😀
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2023
morikee:

Yes upon activation i was greeted with 38k billing 😀
Like I don't understand. Did you pay for it? And will the subscription stop if you don't pay?

BTW, I feel I should let the house know that my Starlink which was shipped from the United States was put on hold in the early hours of Sunday at Port Harcourt sorting center which led to the tracking number refreshing, and now they have shipped a new one from Lagos facility that took almost 14 hours to land in Port Harcourt. Waiting for their call here in Aba today.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 9:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
HIbreed:
Like I don't understand. Did you pay for it? And will the subscription stop if you don't pay?

BTW, I feel I should let the house know that my Starlink which was shipped from the United States was put on hold in the early hours of Sunday at Port Harcourt sorting center which led to the tracking number refreshing, and now they have shipped a new one from Lagos facility that took almost 14 hours to land in Port Harcourt. Waiting for their call here in Aba today.
You have to pay within 7 days in order to continue using it
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 11:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
otis54:

You have to pay within 7 days in order to continue using it
Not necessarily. Once a payment statement is generated for your account, you may make the payment manually within 7 days, or wait for the system to automatically charge the card on your account after 7 days.

However, if you don't have sufficient funds on the card, you will not be cutoff immediately. The system then attempts to charge your card at intervals. You may go a month, two or three without being cutoff. Though your monthly bill continues to accumulate. At some point, they will cut you off.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2023
BadMaster:

Not necessarily. Once a payment statement is generated for your account, you may make the payment manually within 7 days, or wait for the system to automatically charge the card on your account after 7 days.

However, if you don't have sufficient funds on the card, you will not be cutoff immediately. The system then attempts to charge your card at intervals. You may go a month, two or three without being cutoff. Though your monthly bill continues to accumulate. At some point, they will cut you off.
Spot on👌
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2023
The new generation Starlink Kit

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by swagifted(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2023
Leemekzy:

I no believe this one.
just de play.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by noCAP(m): 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
Abeg, naso una starlink dey?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by 36Naija(m): 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2023
Please I need help ordering my Starlink.

I’ve tried GT Mastercard, Providus Mastercard and Zenith Mastercard, yet none worked.

Which card can I use?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by miracle1997: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2023
36Naija:
Please I need help ordering my Starlink.

I’ve tried GT Mastercard, Providus Mastercard and Zenith Mastercard, yet none worked.

Which card can I use?
Use stanbic ibtc
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Teetechs: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2023
macrodata:
Reading...

Just come back to Airtel ooo

Airtel now have unlimited data

Kindly check the speed

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2023
Teetechs:

Kindly check the speed
Impressive. Is it capped?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2023
noCAP:
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 4:16am On Nov 23, 2023
Check if you have obstructions, run the advanced speed test to see what the results are.

Chances of damaging the cable during installation is high. So check your debug data.

But no, that’s not the speed you should be getting.

noCAP:
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 4:17am On Nov 23, 2023
Airtel? That wanted to finish me? Abeg o, enjoy yourself.
Teetechs:

Kindly check the speed
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 5:05am On Nov 23, 2023
ibawon:
The new generation Starlink Kit

Am. Read the hardware price has been reduced but it's not been changed on the website
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2023
purplekayc:

Am. Read the hardware price has been reduced but it's not been changed on the website
I believe the discount has ended
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 7:41am On Nov 23, 2023
Teetechs:

Kindly check the speed
Please which plan?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:55am On Nov 23, 2023
ibawon:

I believe the discount has ended
It has ended
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by noCAP(m): 10:54am On Nov 23, 2023
Ayomipoe:
Check if you have obstructions, run the advanced speed test to see what the results are.

Chances of damaging the cable during installation is high. So check your debug data.

But no, that’s not the speed you should be getting.

Advanced speed test. I am planning to move the dish to a higher place, probably that's where the problem is from

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 12:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
Bottleneck seems to be your device.
I would bet your network is not split and you are being connected to the slower 2.4 wifi automatically.
noCAP:
Advanced speed test. I am planning to move the dish to a higher place, probably that's where the problem is from
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ayomipoe:
I would bet your network is not split and you are being connected to the slower 2.4 wifi automatically.
Am having the same issue, how do I connect to the 5GHZ network?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by noCAP(m): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2023
Ayomipoe:
I did split it, but the 5ghz doesn't even show at all. Abi is it that the Starlink router itself is not capable? Because the 5ghz doesn't show on my phone or laptop, and I use an s22 ultra
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
noCAP:
I did split it, but the 5ghz doesn't even show at all. Abi is it that the Starlink router itself is not capable? Because the 5ghz doesn't show on my phone or laptop, and I use an s22 ultra
In my case, the 5Ghz doesn't show on my Samsung S21.

It shows on my Android boxes, Smart Tvs and Laptops
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by noCAP(m): 2:02pm On Nov 23, 2023
georgee:

In my case, the 5Ghz doesn't show on my Samsung S21.

It shows on my Android boxes, Smart Tvs and Laptops
Hmm, I remember seeing it briefly when I split it. Since then, nothing. How are you using yours now abeg? Did you change anything or did you order for a replacement?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 2:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
The Starlink Router itself is crappy.
I did not split mine. Using it combined, but I have two Starlink routers in a mesh. I will eventually buy the ethernet cable. Most of my typical speed is between 40-150 Mbps

I also read somewhere that when you split, you should connect faster modern devices to the 5Ghz network, apparently the slower devices will limit the speed on the channel
"Also, check which other devices are on your wifi network and their signal level. Try turning off wifi on other devices that may be struggling. Wifi networks can tend to be slowed down to the speed of their poorest member."
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/comments/15cx1o9/comment/jtyux6g/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
noCAP:
Hmm, I remember seeing it briefly when I split it. Since then, nothing. How are you using yours now abeg? Did you change anything or did you order for a replacement?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2023
How do you guys get 5GHz working on Samsung
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2023
noCAP:
I am using it like that.. One other words, it's just my Samsung S21 phone that is misbehaving when it comes to the 5Ghz stuff. All other devices at home are all seeing and connecting to the 5Ghz

Na Samsung get the issues
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2023
morikee:
How do you guys get 5GHz working on Samsung
Na Samsung phone get the issue

5ghz dey konstant on all my devices except for my Samsung phone

I no dey bother oo
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by noCAP(m): 12:49am On Nov 24, 2023
Ayomipoe:
The Starlink Router itself is crappy.
I did not split mine. Using it combined, but I have two Starlink routers in a mesh. I will eventually buy the ethernet cable. Most of my typical speed is between 40-150 Mbps

I also read somewhere that when you split, you should connect faster modern devices to the 5Ghz network, apparently the slower devices will limit the speed on the channel
"Also, check which other devices are on your wifi network and their signal level. Try turning off wifi on other devices that may be struggling. Wifi networks can tend to be slowed down to the speed of their poorest member."
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starlink/comments/15cx1o9/comment/jtyux6g/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
When I unsplit it, the speed and range actually increased, though slight difference. I just ordered for the ethernet adpater and tp link router. I can't spend this amount and be getting barely 40mbps cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (51) (Reply)

If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo) / Free And Easy Way To Get Ur 2go Password And Username Back / Samsung Galaxy S4 To Launch In March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.