Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (96436 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
HIbreed:
It's possible though. See the list of the available network in my setup. I wired the Mtn Hynetflex router to the Starlink router, then wired it to Tp-Link through one of the four available Lan.

I do get consistent 5GHz channel and 2.4GHz channel from the Hynetflex router that hit maximum speed of up to 200Mbps but get maximum speed of up to 95Mbps from the TP-Link Router.

As am writing this, the Starlink 5GHz channel is no where to be found on my Samsung and other 5G enabled phones in the house but visible on my two gaming handheld laptop.

I obeserve something if the Starlink Router is up for atleast 24hrs Samsung start seeing it even other devices that are not seeing it.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 8:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
I have started getting 300mbps+ with the Starlink Router 5GHZ
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 4:00am On Nov 29, 2023
HIbreed:
It's possible though. See the list of the available network in my setup. I wired the Mtn Hynetflex router to the Starlink router, then wired it to Tp-Link through one of the four available Lan.

I do get consistent 5GHz channel and 2.4GHz channel from the Hynetflex router that hit maximum speed of up to 200Mbps but get maximum speed of up to 95Mbps from the TP-Link Router.

As am writing this, the Starlink 5GHz channel is no where to be found on my Samsung and other 5G enabled phones in the house but visible on my two gaming handheld laptop.
Change your 5GHz channel to the one your Samsung galaxy phone works best on.
Go to wifi on your phone, tap the 3 dots. Tap intelligent WiFi. Scroll down and tap intelligent WiFi version 8 times till it shows you're now a developer. Tap WiFi developer options. Tap Nearby WiFi information. Tap channel utilisation and scroll down to Best channel recommendation. You'll see the 5GHz band that is recommended for your phone. Pick one. Band 153 or 157 works best.

Now go back to the router settings (not Starlink), go to your 5Ghz channel and change it from Auto to any of the recommended bands. Reboot router and your phone can now see the 5GHz band.

If the WiFi range is short, you can use another band till you get a perfect one.
Why 5GHz network shows on WiFi list once in a while is because Starlink's own is set to auto, and it refreshes every now and then, hence popping up on WiFi list briefly.

Incase you don't have any wifi Router connected to starlink, message support and they'll change your 5GHz channel for you remotely.

cc. morikee, en0uwem, georgee, noCAP

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xristos(m): 6:03am On Nov 29, 2023
It's been really difficult ordering new starlink...
Nigeria has been softly blacklisted due to abuse.

People hacking accounts to order numerous starlinks because the card is there. lipsrsealed
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 6:04am On Nov 29, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Go to wifi on your phone, tap the 3 dots. Tap intelligent WiFi. Scroll down and tap intelligent WiFi version 8 times till it shows you're now a developer. Tap WiFi developer options. Tap Nearby WiFi information. Tap channel utilisation and scroll down to Best channel recommendation. You'll see the 5GHz band that is recommended for your phone. Pick one. Band 153 or 157 works best.

Now go back to the router settings (not Starlink), go to your 5Ghz channel and change it from Auto to any of the recommended bands. Reboot router and your phone can now see the 5GHz band.

If the WiFi range is short, you can use another band till you get a perfect one.
Why 5GHz network shows on WiFi list once in a while is because Starlink's own is set to auto, and it refreshes every now and then, hence popping up on WiFi list briefly.

Incase you don't have any wifi Router connected to starlink, message support and they'll change your 5GHz channel for you remotely.

Wow thanks for this info
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 6:05am On Nov 29, 2023
xristos:
It's been really difficult ordering new starlink...
Nigeria has been softly blacklisted due to abuse.

People hacking accounts to order numerous starlinks because the card is there. lipsrsealed

I ordered using Kuda with zero problem.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xristos(m): 6:08am On Nov 29, 2023
morikee:

I ordered with zero problem.
When?...which card?
Do you know u cant order multiple again?..only 1 per account.

Pls which card worked
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2023
xristos:

When?...which card?
Do you know u cant order multiple again?..only 1 per account.

Pls which card worked

On 13th with Kuda Card, but why should i be ordering multiple Starlinks?

4 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 6:14am On Nov 29, 2023
What's the benefits of having multiple Starlinks on 1 account?

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by xristos(m): 6:21am On Nov 29, 2023
morikee:
What's the benefits of having multiple Starlinks on 1 account?
Things were still slightly better that 13th u mentioned...
My office has branches that I wano order for.
Alright thanks for the info
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2023
PotatoSalad:

enlightening, thank you!

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by en0uwem: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2023
PotatoSalad:

What i said about the router is still valid - The EU version of that router will never allow you to switch to those higher channels.

Also, starlink support doesn't change their router channel remotely.

And finally, the airplane mode trick still works.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by morikee: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2023
en0uwem:

What i said about the router is still valid - The EU version of that router will never allow you to switch to those higher channels.

Are you sure about Starlink can't change band remotely?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2023
en0uwem:

Well, they did mine. You just have to explain to them. It's a known issue.
Still a limitation on the Gen 2 router. Wait for the Gen 3 with inbuilt Ethernet port.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Trevon91: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
Hello bosses. I finally mounted and installed my starlinks today but my speed is 7-10mbps..is this normal?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Trevon91:
Hello bosses. I finally mounted and installed my starlinks today but my speed is 7-10mbps..is this normal?
Give it few days.. It will pick up. Just ensure it's facing a clear and un-obstructed sky
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Trevon91: 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
georgee:

Give it few days.. It will pick up. Just ensure it's facing a clear and un-obstructed sky
yes it is. Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Trevon91:
yes it is. Thanks
Make sure you're connected to the 5ghz network. Go to router settings and split 2.4ghz and 5ghz
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by otis54(m): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2023
Unlimited internet connection with good speed is the best. 1000GB exhausted and I’m still able to browse the internet without any reduction in speed. Truly soup wey sweet na money kill am

3 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
morikee:

On 13th with Kuda Card, but why should i be ordering multiple Starlinks?

13th is far. In the last 1-2 weeks, no order has been possible

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Trevon91: 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Make sure you're connected to the 5ghz network. Go to router settings and split 2.4ghz and 5ghz
I did this but my phones only see the 2.4ghz.Any fix for this please
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Trevon91: 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2023
ask4bk:

5ghz is beamed in channels. Samsung and some devices only see channels of over 100. Starlink 5ghz channel is about 40.
If you don't understand router and WiFi setup very well you won't understand what I'm saying. If you check well in the setup of 5ghz you'll see option to choose channels. Some routers don't give u that option
I didn't see this option in my starlinks o
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Trevon91:
I didn't see this option in my starlinks o
You need a router that allows you to modify advance options, like TP-link.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2023
I am not bothered about this 5ghz .. Cos Samsung don mad

Let's say i have 10 devices connected to my starlink, 9 sees 5ghz (including my china made android boxes) and na only my Samsung S21 phone no dey see am..

I am not bothered at all.. When Samsung ready, we go talk
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2023
cheesy
georgee:
I am not bothered about this 5ghz .. Cos Samsung don mad

Let's say i have 10 devices connected to my starlink, 9 sees 5ghz (including my china made android boxes) and na only my Samsung S21 phone no dey see am..

I am not bothered at all.. When Samsung ready, we go talk
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Trevon91
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Trevon91: 12:57am On Dec 02, 2023
PotatoSalad:

Trevon91
yes but I can't find this option on starlinks router
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 11:51am On Dec 02, 2023
It seems starlink network is down
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 11:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
oluwapoju:
It seems starlink network is down
Sure say dem never move your dish

4 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2023
PotatoSalad:

grin grin grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 4:26am On Dec 03, 2023
PotatoSalad:

grin grin grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 12:10pm On Dec 05, 2023
PotatoSalad:

nah software update cause the network issh.. Now working perfectly

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (51) (Reply)

2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / If You Buy This N4.9million Solarin, God Will Not Forgive You (photo) / Free And Easy Way To Get Ur 2go Password And Username Back

Viewing this topic: EzeMarvis(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.