Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (102627 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30
IllRatherNotSay:
I just replaced the Starlink Router with Linksys WRT3200ACM Router using the Starlink Ethernet Adapter, and I can see immediate improvement. Speed went from the usual <20Mbps to ~160Mbps.
Next step is to delete the Starlink Router completely:
https://www.offgridcto.com/2022/05/23/starlink-on-pure-dc-power/

You can't o, the dish and router work togther

2 Likes

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:37pm On Apr 30
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:42pm On Apr 30
otis54:

On God cool

are you using external router?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by OCTAVO: 7:28pm On Apr 30
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30
HIbreed:
OK. I just ordered Asus RT-AX86U PRO Gaming Router with WiFi 6 and a 2500mb RJ45 cable. I think am good to go wink

Do you know if this https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-6-Router-Gigabit-Wireless/dp/B08H8ZLKKK/ will work?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30
ask4bk:

Of course, the 5ghz is constant 24/7 365 days.
This is because the router uses a high channel that all devices can read, while starlink router uses a low channel that only few devices can see. Your starlink 5ghz is also always on but just that some of your devices can't read it. My Android box and Samsung tablet reads the starlink 5ghz always.

But with tp-link, in my case Archer C80, every device have access to 5ghz always

Will this work https://www.amazon.com/WiFi-6-Router-Gigabit-Wireless/dp/B08H8ZLKKK/?th=1
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:38pm On Apr 30
BadMaster:

Update:
Something I forgot to add previously. Aside informing me that my Starlink dishy was experiencing high interference, they also informed me that checks show that there's something wrong with my router configuration (I don't know what this means), indicating that my router and ethernet adapter are needing replacement. So they sent a replacement router and ethernet adapter. However, according to Starlink support, it would not resolve the interference I am experiencing.

Today, I took delivery of the replacement router and ethernet adapter.

Starlink's service delivery can't be compared with our service providers here in Nigeria. If there's an issue with your kit, they will be honest about it, and if need be, replacements would sent, for free.

If you are experiencing challenges and you have done all else to resolve it, feel free to ask them to carry out checks on your kits.

Na restart dem know for here

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:42pm On Apr 30
georgee:

No..

I plugged the ethernet adapter to the starlink(bedroom) router and then run a network cable to my TP-Link router downstairs in my living room

Na so your cable long?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:45pm On Apr 30
ibietela2:

Na so your cable long?
My house already has network cable run all over.. Conduit
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:46pm On Apr 30
QuoteJust1nce:

apollo group dot tv

Join every thing together; I'ma avoid the spam bot
and ensure it's exactly as above as there are other clones

Which one?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 9:51pm On Apr 30
ask4bk:

I know a guy paying 75k monthly in ibadan to resellers for monthly subscription. He doesn't know he's cheated. The resellers don't give you log in details. They say when you want to renew, pay to the 75k. And clients pay coz they enjoying smooth starlink service

That means it’s not tied to their address
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:16pm On Apr 30
PotatoSalad:

Bought an Airtel router that randomly disconnected from network. Complained to their cc on twitter, after plenty back and forth games, i gave up.

How many times dem ask you to restart?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:38pm On Apr 30
PotatoSalad:

The Archer C80 I guess. It's Wifi 5 though.
If you can get one from Amazon US, you'll be sure you're getting the US version, not the EU.

Can’t see it on Amazon, MTN has been on colos since 8PM
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:40pm On Apr 30
PotatoSalad:
Starlink speedtest on TP Link Archer AX73

I will get the 23, that’s what I can afford even with the pay small I got from Amazon
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 10:49pm On Apr 30
PotatoSalad:

Thank you.
You noticed I didn't want to argue.
Spent time running tests on the 3 routers.
Starlink router alone was good, and I saw increased speeds and range when I connected the TP Link Archer AX23. But my jaw fell on the floor immediately I connected the Archer AX73. I was like wtf. I had to run speedtest over and over again and results didn't change. I swapped Starlink ethernet btw the AX73 and AX23 and there was always a difference in speed.
He then said it was my location lmao.
Never got above 200mbps in the afternoon until now. Hitting steady 300mbps. What's next reason? SpaceX launched more Starlink satellites?

Like I told that guy before, whatever starlink had, the third party router took full advantage of the capability (speed, range, whatever)

Was there a big difference between 23 and 73?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30
ibietela2:

How many times dem ask you to restart?
Omo if not for confidentiality reasons, i for post screenshots. the chats were annoying and depressing grin
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 10:57pm On Apr 30
ibietela2:

Was there a big difference between 23 and 73?
Yes. huge one.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30
PotatoSalad:

Yes. huge one.

Amazon is offering me $31/m pay plan for it.
Maybe na to close eye take am, but the 23 is around $25/m
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 11:16pm On Apr 30
Even SD channel sef MTN no fit play

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by QuoteJust1nce: 12:41am On May 01
ibietela2:

Which one?

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by HIbreed(m): 2:15am On May 01

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 4:33am On May 01
ibietela2:

Amazon is offering me $31/m pay plan for it.
Maybe na to close eye take am, but the 23 is around $25/m
Are you in the US?
You could watch out for discounts. Bought my AX73 for $150 and just saw it's $146 now.

Forgot to add that the AX73, although a better router, has most of its parental control features locked behind a paywall. A dick move. The AX23's own is free. Maybe because it's US vs EU versions.
Anybody else here that uses a US version TP Link router should confirm if it's same as theirs.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 4:44am On May 01
PotatoSalad:

Are you in the US?
You could watch out for discounts. Bought my AX73 for $150 and just saw it's $146 now.

Forgot to add that the AX73, although a better router, has most of its parental control features locked behind a paywall. A dick move. The AX23's own is free. Maybe because it's US vs EU versions.
Anybody else here that uses a US version TP Link router should confirm if it's same as theirs.

Nigeria… but I use US address from the forwarding agent/company
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 4:45am On May 01
HIbreed:
It will.

Thanks
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 4:47am On May 01
ibietela2:

You can't o, the dish and router work togther
He used the adapter. The starlink router now acts like a modem
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 4:54am On May 01
ibietela2:

Nigeria… but I use US address from the forwarding agent/company
Ok. Not bad.
How does the monthly stuff work? I always paid for my items from Amazon at once.
I use Heroshe.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:05am On May 01
PotatoSalad:

He used the adapter. The starlink router now acts like a modem

Oh, I see
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:07am On May 01
PotatoSalad:

Ok. Not bad.
How does the monthly stuff work? I always paid for my items from Amazon at once.
I use Heroshe.

I don’t do any monthly stuff o… I use Shiptonaija and they combine my orders heroshe doesn’t do that.

Is this router universal? Just in case I want to use another SIM inside

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:10am On May 01
PotatoSalad:

Are you in the US?

I have placed order for the router they charged me $8 extra for pay small small , remaining the Starlink with its card issues.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by PotatoSalad(m): 5:22am On May 01
ibietela2:

I don’t do any monthly stuff o… I use Shiptonaija and they combine my orders heroshe doesn’t do that.

Is this router universal? Just in case I want to use another SIM inside
It's not a mobile router, rather a wireless router. No sim card slot.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 5:41am On May 01
PotatoSalad:

It's not a mobile router, rather a wireless router. No sim card slot.

damn it, maybe na to cancel am then just use the starlink and see how it goes
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 6:02am On May 01
Kudabank card works

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (56) (Reply)

Airtel Internet Data Bundle Double-Double Promo: 200mb (+ Free 200mb) / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / Airtel Monthly Social Bundle Plan(1gb For 300 Naira).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.