Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? (28641 Views)

I Need Mortuary Job / Experience In A Mortuary / This Man Wants A Job At The Mortuary But He Failed His First Test (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
kals4luv990:
cause yu expect to see a ghost in white gown,flying at night wit all this movie shits#lol#
My man yu could have passed a ghost a thousand times and yu wouldn't even know cause your spirit ain't calm enough to sense dem
U may be right.
I could have passed them without being patient enough to see and appreciate them.
How can one be patient enough to see at least one?
I want to stop imagining things and start seeing them. We can't keep passing such folktales over to our children without substantive evidence.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
Dunkjames5:
Am not good In typing please!
I have seen a ghost I don't know if it was a ghost or something else.
I remember then I was still in primary 4, I was sent away from school me and my girlfriend for school fees, on our way back she told me that she's tired that she want to take some rest.

Me I wasn't having it I told her I Will be going, the road where I was going to pass was a passage so i entered through it, Jesus Christ! I saw a woman as tall as a coconut tree even taller if am not mistaken, as soon as she saw me she started running and then vanish, I ran back to My Friend telling her what I saw but you know they say seen is believing so without seeing any proof she couldn't believe me at all, nobody even believe what I saw up till today not even My mum.
You first statement depicts confusion and I admire that. U are not clear about what you saw and I want to believe you can't describe it too

If you can, please HELP US
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by CaveAdullam: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Remain Blessed.
It's always easier to deceive people than convince them that they have been deceived.
Just like CHRISTIANITY, most healings and threats coming from Christianity are still subjective.
None is verifiable. We keep seeing MIRACLES, yet when the REAL SICK NOLLWOOD ACTORS & ACTRESSES get there rather than being healed, they are compensated with #10M health bill to handle their ALIMENTS.
We lack critical thinkers in AFRICA.
No one asks Questions. SCIENCE dwells on questions. U must question things and not be sheepish.

1. "It's always easier to deceive people than convince them that they have been deceived."

A beautiful maxim you got here.

2. It is easier because illusion most times requires less from the victim. Getting faith requires less work than going the rabbit hole to decipher the beliefs and claims.

3. Faith is a two-way street game: without it, religious adherents won't attain success. So, if one isn't getting the right result, it isn't because he may be using the wrong approach but because his faith is not up to a mustard seed. What he needs to do is purify his belief and quantify his faith.

4. Turn left or right, you can't deny faith. Highest, a stalemate. This is a further reason that convincing them out of their beliefs is a waste of time and most times breeds feud.

5. People can bet their lives on claims that they've not studied, experienced(and corroborated with patterns), or verified.

6. Religious extremists or fanatics lack a good interpretation of their various scriptural texts. But they will kill for the misinterpretation.

7. Despite the activities of fanatics, I will not jettison scriptural texts because they hold significant lessons that can help men improve their lives and communities. And this can only be possible if like other fictional texts, we can extrapolate the lessons interwoven in the metaphors, allegories, and stories of scriptural texts, even myths.

Then, religion will make sense, not as a need for personal salvation and to live with God in eternity but to promote good public relations and personal lives. That's when we can truly see God, not waiting for him to descend in a shining light.

8. Miracles, signs, and wonders are just metaphors to portray a change of conditions after putting in the work, courage, and endurance. The miracle is not physical but has to do with the upliftment of the heart and the refinement of the mind.

That's why no (Christian) religious leader has conveniently performed a miracle save "terminal illness" which was heavily aided by medical care and professionals. Other cures you hear of are those that require good sleep, food, and vacation. Anyway, when there's a range of emotions in a gathering like in the church, miracles, prophecies, and visions are imminent.

9. Many religious leaders know the truth. However, the confirmation bias + the control they have over their followers will never make them relinquish their former positions. Only the masses/peasants can wake themselves up from this slumber of deceit.

Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
kals4luv990:
did I mention wrapper to yu?
Do yu think everyone ties a wrapper?

Mention me wit rubbish again nd i will seriously tell yu wen yu will die and how yu will die..m serious
If yu no dey fear try me lets know if dis gifts exists or not
Abeg no kill me because of wrapper, I guessed so because you said Abriba woman that wore cloths appeared to you.
I facilitated the description by endorsing Wrapper.
I withdraw it.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by kals4luv990(m): 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Abeg no kill me because of wrapper, I guessed so because you said Abriba woman that wore cloths appeared to you.
I withdraw it.
cheesy cheesy cheesy senior man yu don mad ni
Wer yu from?
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

1. "It's always easier to deceive people than convince them that they have been deceived."

A beautiful maxim you got here.

2. It is easier because illusion most times requires less from the victim. Getting faith requires less work than going the rabbit hole to decipher the beliefs and claims.

3. Faith is a two-way street game: without it, religious adherents won't attain success. So, if one isn't getting the right result, it isn't because he may be using the wrong approach but because his faith is not up to a mustard seed. What he needs to do is purify his belief and quantify his faith.

4. Turn left or right, you can't deny faith. Highest, a stalemate. This is a further reason that convincing them out of their beliefs is a waste of time and most times breeds feud.

5. People can bet their lives on claims that they've not studied, experienced(and corroborated with patterns), or verified.

6. Religious extremists or fanatics lack a good interpretation of their various scriptural texts. But they will kill for the misinterpretation.

7. Despite the activities of fanatics, I will not jettison scriptural texts because they hold significant lessons that can help men improve their lives and communities. And this can only be possible if like other fictional texts, we can extrapolate the lessons interwoven in the metaphors, allegories, and stories of scriptural texts, even myths.

Then, religion will make sense, not as a need for personal salvation and to live with God in eternity but to promote good public relations and personal lives. That's when we can truly see God, not waiting for him to descend in a shining light.

8. Miracles, signs, and wonders are just metaphors to portray a change of conditions after putting in the work, courage, and endurance. The miracle is not physical but has to do with the upliftment of the heart and the refinement of the mind.

That's why no (Christian) religious leader has conveniently performed a miracle save "terminal illness" which was heavily aided by medical care and professionals. Other cures you hear of are those that require good sleep, food, and vacation. Anyway, when there's a range of emotions in a gathering like in the church, miracles, prophecies, and visions are imminent.

9. Many religious leaders know the truth. However, the confirmation bias + the control they have over their followers will never make them relinquish their former positions. Only the masses/peasants can wake themselves up from this slumber of deceit.

Thanks.

Please
You will be the FIRST PERSON on NAIRALAND I will be giving out my personal details to including my personal contacts.

Please please
Keep them to yourself.
You are not ordinary.
In Fact, you are a GHOST.
You are one of the few critical thinkers left.
Send me a PM and I will acknowledge
But Please keep my details to yourself.

Let's know each other BETTER.
I choose my friends
THANKS BRO
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by CaveAdullam: 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Please
You will be the FIRST PERSON on NAIRALAND I will be giving out my personal details to including my personal contacts.

Please please
Keep them to yourself.
You are not ordinary.
In Fact, you are a GHOST.
You are one of the few critical thinkers left.
Send me a PM and I will acknowledge
But Please keep my details to yourself.

Let's know each other BETTER.
I choose my friends
THANKS BRO

Sure.

I will honor it ASAP.

Modified: check your DM.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
BarakBishop:
I have seen a married woman with kids who is a mortician in a teaching hospital in Edo state.Nothing spiritual about mortuary work abeg quote author=Tallesty1 post=119294974]The only reason I cannot do the job is the smell of chemical and dead bodies.

I have never seen a female attendant though, have you?

When it comes to dirty jobs like this, loading and offloading of cement from trucks, women are always okay with men doing all the job but just furnish small office, put better chair, table and a/c and see how one werey from second Timothy go come and be telling you about rights and equality.
Remain Blessed!
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Dunkjames5(m): 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You first statement depicts confusion and I admire that. U are not clear about what you saw and I want to believe you can't describe it too

If you can, please HELP US
I saw a woman as tall as a coconut tree when I was still in primary four I don't know if that was what ghosts looks like.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Sure.

I will honour it ASAP.
Thanks
Did you study Philosophy and Human Psych?
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Keji1012(m): 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

It takes NOTHING
Absolutely Nothing.
All things you keep hearing are postulations.
As a student many years back, I once chose our student mortuary library as my preferred place of study over the university library.
I could walk in any time and leave anytime. In fact, I had to get a spare key for myself.

When we lost our HOD, we moved him into our morgue and handled him ourselves. Although before he passed on, he made it clear that he would prefer to be kept among his students

All LIES, ALL LIES.
When Gone, He or She is gone.
NO HUMAN on earth can confidently say he or she has seen a GHOST. People dream dreams. People can be approached in dreams.
Apparitions exist, but GHOSTS are being queried

Oga, na your own u go talk. Yes I have seen ghost twice before sir and they exist truly
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Lighthouse50: 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2022
Even in the bible, the spirit of prophet samuel was summoned by king saul. It take wizards and witches to do that but not ordinary person. In yoruba land when a person dies young and the family thinks its not a natural death, they summon the spirit with the aid of witches or wizard and hand cutlass over to the spirit to kill its killers. Those traditions has been scraped because of its adverse effect on the family later.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by CaveAdullam: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Thanks
Did you study Philosophy and Human Psych?

Lol.

Far far from it.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
A
Keji1012:

Oga, na your own u go talk. Yes I have seen ghost twice before sir and they exist truly
U are right, na wetin I know I go talk about.
Please can you describe these GHOSTS
I really want to know what they look like
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by kals4luv990(m): 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

U may be right.
I could have passed them without being patient enough to see and appreciate them.
How can one be patient enough to see at least one?
I want to stop imagining things and start seeing them. We can't keep passing such folktales over to our children without substantive evidence.
me sef dnt even know..I think mine came from birth
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Lol.

Far far from it.
Already noted. Ur brain is on Fire.
Nigerians Pastors will avoid you like plague.
People who question things rarely make baseless decisions.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

I withdraw it.
All of a sudden fear don catch am. See how strong man don begin de beg. Maybe some of ona think say life is all abt science, art nd commercial courses we studied in school nd so ona go always quickly tell us say ona be scientists wen spiritual things r being discussed. Some of u think once we die everything abt us is gone including our spirits. There's nothing like the land of the death because dead pple also walk around on this planet called earth nd only few who have the gift can see nd recognize them. Science just sees the physical nd can't go farther than that

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2022
Starhearts:

How does one knw d place d spirit of dead prefer to be buried?
It takes a spiritualist to know. However, every dead would prefer to be buried in his/her home town.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
Starhearts:

Hand cut off naa waa ooo. Which state re u 4rm?
Delta State.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2022
kals4luv990:
cheesy cheesy cheesy senior man yu don mad ni
Wer yu from?
Abriba women dey tie wrapper naaa
So I recommended Wrapper for your own Ghost
Except you have decided to change her wears.
Or you clearly saw the design she wore.

I just wanted a crystal clear description that will correspond with other Ghost findings and stand arguments. That's all I need

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by CaveAdullam: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Already noted. Ur brain is on Fire.
Nigerians Pastors will avoid you like plague.

1. Had it been it was just the pastors, it would have been better. These clergymen have battalions of followers who can't think for themselves even though their brains are free from clinical defects. I wouldn't want to dwell much on IQ here because there are high-IQ individuals that hold delusional beliefs, albeit, small in numbers.

2. IQ is a strong factor that contributes to the actions, behaviors, and personalities of people. Having a low IQ is not the final stamp on the door except when there is a strong refusal to take correction.

3. Because if you are willing to bring down your neck and replace your clinical lenses with those of a microscope, you'll find out that the majority of people who hold supernatural claims are low IQs. Check their demographics and you'll see high levels of poverty, backwardness, superstitions, and corruption. (I didn't mention Africa).

4. If IQ is not a stamp on the door, therefore, to achieve success and growth and live above the fear of the supernatural, there must be a willingness to unlearn, relearn and learn. Religious adherents must cuddle rationality and find love with it. If not, the religious bamboozlement will continue to rebrand and hold them on its tenterhooks.

Thanks.

PS: should in case you didn't get that DM you can reach me here: germaneson@gmail.com (on my profile though).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Dunkjames5:

I saw a woman as tall as a coconut tree when I was still in primary four I don't know if that was what ghosts looks like.
Hmmmmm
As Tall as Coconut.
Although we have Traditional masquerades that could be taller than that.
The ADANMA MASQUERADE of Udi people has suddenly grown taller too.

Anyway, u said you are not sure if what you saw is a Ghost. You are confused because such can't be tested and verified along same line of thoughts with others.

This was like when I was growing up, we felt MASQUERADES were untouchable.
But today Police arrest and lock them up.
In Fact humans go to police station to bail masquerades now. grin grin

MASQUERADES now push wheelbarrows and hustle. No one pours libations or feeds them again. They hustle

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

1. Had it been it was just the pastors, it would have been better. These clergymen have battalions of followers who can't think for themselves even though their brains are free from clinical defects. I wouldn't want to dwell much on IQ here because there are high-IQ individuals that hold delusional beliefs, albeit, small in numbers.

2. IQ is a strong factor that contributes to the actions, behaviors, and personalities of people. Having a low IQ is not the final stamp on the door except when there is a strong refusal to take correction.

3. Because if you are willing to bring down your neck and replace your clinical lenses with those of a microscope, you'll find out that the majority of people who hold supernatural claims are low IQs. Check their demographics and you'll see high levels of poverty, backwardness, superstitions, and corruption. (I didn't mention Africa).

4. If IQ is not a stamp on the door, therefore, to achieve success and growth and live above the fear of the supernatural, there must be a willingness to unlearn, relearn and learn. Religious adherents must cuddle rationality and find love with it. If not, the religious bamboozlement will continue to rebrand and hold them on its tenterhooks.

Thanks.

PS: should in case you didn't get that DM you can reach me here: germaneson@gmail.com (on my profile though).
I have said it and I will say it again
U are FAR
I have already assessed your IQ.
THANKS MAN
Expect my calls
Just rounded off at work now
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
DisLifeSha:
To me, there's no big deal there. If you've ever handled a dead body before, you'll get used to it

That means u can comfortably UnCloth the dead, bathe it, and dress it? grin
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Tunagee(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
Absolutely nothing, it's just like working in a normal place. All those stories you hear about ghost are nothing but lies.
I'm still waiting for the day a pupular dead person like yaradua, Michael Jackson, lucky dube, TB Joshua etc (no disrespect to them) will appear in an open place like market, stadium etc to the visibility of everyone. That day I'll believe in ghost.

Correct!!!
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by calebsolaunice(m): 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
Three years ago I lost my job and a friend asked me if i can work in mortuary i was scared but when i knew there is no other job forth coming i agree to work there,my first two weeks was full of fear and bad thought but after a month i mastered the job.My job entails to take corpse from one part of country to another,especially south east and part of north central,benue,lokoja,suleja,gboko and other places in the south west.The job is lucrative but you must do away with fear and what people will say.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Dunkjames5(m): 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Hmmmmm
As Tall as Coconut.
Although we have Traditional masquerades that could be taller than that.
The ADANMA MASQUERADE of Udi people has suddenly grown taller too.

Anyway, u said you are not sure if what you saw is a Ghost. You are confused because such can't be tested and verified along same line of thoughts with others.

This was like when I was growing up, we felt MASQUERADES were untouchable.
But today Police arrest and lock them up.
In Fact humans go to police station to bail masquerades now. grin grin

MASQUERADES now push wheelbarrows and hustle. No one pours libations or feeds them again. They hustle
lol grin masquerades usually have sticks supporting their legs making them taller, but this one am talking about suddenly disappeared, i mean I couldn't see her again with no trace.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by airsaylongcome: 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
jamesversion:

Lemme guess. Uniben Teaching hospital. Edo state. grin

grin aka UBTH
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by airsaylongcome: 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
That means u can comfortably UnCloth the dead, bathe it, and dress it? grin

Corpses become very heavy at death as the person is no longer able to help lift their weight. Aside that, it’s would be easy task for one person to do.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by kals4luv990(m): 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Abriba women dey tie wrapper naaa
So I recommended Wrapper for your own Ghost
Except you have decided to change her wears.
Or you clearly saw the design she wore.

I just wanted a crystal clear description that will correspond with other Ghost findings and stand arguments. That's all I need
This man sef
I have told yu wat I saw nd it's how I saw it nd its final
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by airsaylongcome: 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
It takes a spiritualist to know. However, every dead would prefer to be buried in his/her home town.

Lol! How did you come to this conclusion? When a person dies, they have absolutely no knowledge of anything unfolding. It’s a cultural thing in certain parts of Nigeria to bring the corpse “home” for interment. But believe me, the dead (before their death) may only have a preference, but that is a personal opinion. If not all the African Americans that died during slave trade would have had their spirits wanting them to be buried in one remote African location
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2022
Dunkjames5:
lol grin masquerades usually have sticks supporting their legs making them taller, but this one am talking about suddenly disappeared, i mean I couldn't see her again with no trace.
grin grin grin grin grin
U need treat for Malaria especially cerebral malaria. That's how it starts cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Update On UCH Ibadan Recruitment Exercise / The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.