Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? (28638 Views)

I Need Mortuary Job / Experience In A Mortuary / This Man Wants A Job At The Mortuary But He Failed His First Test (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Hedgefunds: 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Sure.

I will honor it ASAP.

Modified: check your DM.

Cave congrats on Jon doe following U. I see u going higher
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! How did you come to this conclusion? When a person dies, they have absolutely no knowledge of anything unfolding. It’s a cultural thing in certain parts of Nigeria to bring the corpse “home” for interment. But believe me, the dead (before their death) may only have a preference, but that is a personal opinion. If not all the African Americans that died during slave trade would have had their spirits wanting them to be buried in one remote African location
Have u not heard or seen where a vehicle transporting a corpse mysteriously broke down on the road and the driver did a ritual, and vehicle started working? grin
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by dupcydo(f): 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
hehehehehehe
chiefolododo:
It's like living in the land of the dead
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by airsaylongcome: 5:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Have u not heard or seen where a vehicle transporting a corpse mysteriously broke down on the road and the driver did a ritual, and vehicle started working? grin

Stories. The vehicle already had issues prior. Carry the corpse in a brand new Mercedes Benz hearse make I see where or how e wan breakdown.

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by CaveAdullam: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
Hedgefunds:

Cave congrats on Jon doe following U. I see u going higher

Smiles.

How are you? I know you are fine.

Compliments of the season. More blessings and peace in your life and home.

Thanks, big boss.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by ogwumgbe: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
Tallesty1:
The only reason I cannot do the job is the smell of chemical and dead bodies.

I have never seen a female attendant though, have you?

When it comes to dirty jobs like this, loading and offloading of cement from trucks, women are always okay with men doing all the job but just furnish small office, put better chair, table and a/c and see how one werey from second Timothy go come and be telling you about rights and equality.

Lols, your second Timothy is so hilarious
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by appini: 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

About same age when I watched my surgeon dad embalm a corpse. Some where in the region you refer to as the Midwest although it had since changed it’s name twice. Why do you say the job cannot be done with ordinary eyes? Once you can identify the arteries in the neck and in the thigh and cut them enough to insert the tubes that will send formalin to the body, that’s it. Absolutely zero fear for dead bodies. For the random ones in the road side, perhaps a little pity for how they have died, but absolutely no fear from here. If I stumbled across a dead body alone in a very lonely place, my fear will be that the killers are around and I may be next. And absolutely not that there’s a dead body there.

There was only one teaching hospital in Midwest Region. So I have a rough idea where you are referring to

I respect your submission, I wish I can expantiate about that particular position, that you cannot do it with "ordinary eyes", most of the time; it was the living that brought fears between us and the corpses. Writen english will not permit me to say more.

My immediate junior brother is a mortician today, he's a totally different person from every other members of the family.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by airsaylongcome: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
appini:

I respect your submission, I wish I can expantiate about that particular position, that you cannot do it with "ordinary eyes", most of the time; it was the living that brought fears between us and the corpses. Writen english will not permit me to say more.

My immediate junior brother is a mortician today, he's a totally different person from every other members of the family.

You fit use Edo or pidgin take explain am na…lol! Would you say your dad not use ordinary eye do am?
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by appini: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2022
BestMan001:

Oh no

So, are you still into it?

No. Down to two decades ago, I used to accompany and assist my Dad in embalment and post-mortem operations whenever I was in the country.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by appini: 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You fit use Edo or pidgin take explain am na…lol! Would you say your dad not use ordinary eye do am?

grin grin
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by ogwumgbe: 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
And u think those countries are ignorant abt spiritism? People wey dey make bridge ontop water, produce T.V, Phone etc, u think say na ordinary dem be?

Wise guy, educate them brother
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by seunak2016: 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
immanuelsize:

this method is not the surest method
yes but one of the method you can see the dead or hear strange things from spiritual realms.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by airsaylongcome: 6:11pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
And u think those countries are ignorant abt spiritism? People wey dey make bridge ontop water, produce T.V, Phone etc, u think say na ordinary dem be?

Wawu! So to build a bridge on top water requires spiritual things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by GreaterFuture(m): 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
Working has a mortician comes with a price...family and friends will desert you because most believe that you are no longer human but an intermediary between the living and the dead.. single people should venue into such job becos if ur spouse finds out that's the end to ur relationship when may lead to one being single for a long time.
This amongst many other things, fine tunes my marriage partner choice journey...
Meditated on the whole thing, as I watched a series of Interviews with a mortician based in another African country.

Every Human has a Price or limit, I guess.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by ogwumgbe: 6:15pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
Let me make it plain to u. The Soul goes to either Heaven or Hell while the Spirit roam/return to his/her rest until the end of the world.

Soul can't be separated from spirit brother
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by ogwumgbe: 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Remain Blessed.
It's always easier to deceive people than convince them that they have been deceived.
Just like CHRISTIANITY, most healings and threats coming from Christianity are still subjective.
None is verifiable. We keep seeing MIRACLES, yet when the REAL SICK NOLLWOOD ACTORS & ACTRESSES get there rather than being healed, they are compensated with #10M health bill to handle their ALIMENTS.
We lack critical thinkers in AFRICA.
No one asks Questions. SCIENCE dwells on questions. U must question things and not being sheepish.

Yes brother, I like the way you reason, sheepish following is truly the problem of Africa; especially Nigerians

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Bukswag(m): 6:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

1. "It's always easier to deceive people than convince them that they have been deceived."

A beautiful maxim you got here.

2. It is easier because illusion most times requires less from the victim. Getting faith requires less work than going the rabbit hole to decipher the beliefs and claims.

3. Faith is a two-way street game: without it, religious adherents won't attain success. So, if one isn't getting the right result, it isn't because he may be using the wrong approach but because his faith is not up to a mustard seed. What he needs to do is purify his belief and quantify his faith.

4. Turn left or right, you can't deny faith. Highest, a stalemate. This is a further reason that convincing them out of their beliefs is a waste of time and most times breeds feud.

5. People can bet their lives on claims that they've not studied, experienced(and corroborated with patterns), or verified.

6. Religious extremists or fanatics lack a good interpretation of their various scriptural texts. But they will kill for the misinterpretation.

7. Despite the activities of fanatics, I will not jettison scriptural texts because they hold significant lessons that can help men improve their lives and communities. And this can only be possible if like other fictional texts, we can extrapolate the lessons interwoven in the metaphors, allegories, and stories of scriptural texts, even myths.

Then, religion will make sense, not as a need for personal salvation and to live with God in eternity but to promote good public relations and personal lives. That's when we can truly see God, not waiting for him to descend in a shining light.

8. Miracles, signs, and wonders are just metaphors to portray a change of conditions after putting in the work, courage, and endurance. The miracle is not physical but has to do with the upliftment of the heart and the refinement of the mind.

That's why no (Christian) religious leader has conveniently performed a miracle save "terminal illness" which was heavily aided by medical care and professionals. Other cures you hear of are those that require good sleep, food, and vacation. Anyway, when there's a range of emotions in a gathering like in the church, miracles, prophecies, and visions are imminent.

9. Many religious leaders know the truth. However, the confirmation bias + the control they have over their followers will never make them relinquish their former positions. Only the masses/peasants can wake themselves up from this slumber of deceit.

Thanks.

Beautiful thoughts but life isn't entirely defined by the physical or what one can visibly see and perceive. Life is essentially spiritual.

However, it is usually a hurdle to appreciate the experiences of others if you don't have one yourself. You could continue tagging other experiences as emotional because of the lack of verifiable evidences and so forth, and sadly until you experience one yourself, your narration won't change. Spirituality is better experienced than told.

Schizophrenia is one of the many names science gives to these things. Ironically, science has a name for everything, but the name, sometimes, do not justify the cause.
Spiritualism is real, charms and enchantments are actually real and they do work (whether you choose to believe or not) . Ghost exists and sorcery is not made-up, the medieval cities of old understood this. You may think all these to be fairy tales and may be subject to logically explanations until you become exposed to their workings.

Humans aren't as unreasonable as you think. The reason why many hold on to these things are because of the undisputed experiences they've encountered overtime. Many continue to experience these things and some even dabble into it intentionally because of the thrills and their quest for knowledge.

I have seen people, and even know some of them personally, who have fallen victims to charms. It happens more often than not in this part of the world. That there isn't tangible proof of their experiences doesn't make their ordeal false.

I believe the best way to thoroughly understand a subject is to pursue the experiences of those who are committed to the same.

And lastly, Faith is not emotional. It is, infact, beyond religion. Christ remains the giver of Eternal Life and the lasting cure to sin.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Starhearts: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
It takes a spiritualist to know. However, every dead would prefer to be buried in his/her home town.

Whts d connection of d dead body nd home states
Like me now, l want my kids buy buried me here in bochum, Germany ��
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by seunayantokun(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
It's a good job if you love it, but you must also love products of death. Is it scary?
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by ogwumgbe: 6:35pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

1. "It's always easier to deceive people than convince them that they have been deceived."

A beautiful maxim you got here.

2. It is easier because illusion most times requires less from the victim. Getting faith requires less work than going the rabbit hole to decipher the beliefs and claims.

3. Faith is a two-way street game: without it, religious adherents won't attain success. So, if one isn't getting the right result, it isn't because he may be using the wrong approach but because his faith is not up to a mustard seed. What he needs to do is purify his belief and quantify his faith.

4. Turn left or right, you can't deny faith. Highest, a stalemate. This is a further reason that convincing them out of their beliefs is a waste of time and most times breeds feud.

5. People can bet their lives on claims that they've not studied, experienced(and corroborated with patterns), or verified.

6. Religious extremists or fanatics lack a good interpretation of their various scriptural texts. But they will kill for the misinterpretation.

7. Despite the activities of fanatics, I will not jettison scriptural texts because they hold significant lessons that can help men improve their lives and communities. And this can only be possible if like other fictional texts, we can extrapolate the lessons interwoven in the metaphors, allegories, and stories of scriptural texts, even myths.

Then, religion will make sense, not as a need for personal salvation and to live with God in eternity but to promote good public relations and personal lives. That's when we can truly see God, not waiting for him to descend in a shining light.

8. Miracles, signs, and wonders are just metaphors to portray a change of conditions after putting in the work, courage, and endurance. The miracle is not physical but has to do with the upliftment of the heart and the refinement of the mind.

That's why no (Christian) religious leader has conveniently performed a miracle save "terminal illness" which was heavily aided by medical care and professionals. Other cures you hear of are those that require good sleep, food, and vacation. Anyway, when there's a range of emotions in a gathering like in the church, miracles, prophecies, and visions are imminent.

9. Many religious leaders know the truth. However, the confirmation bias + the control they have over their followers will never make them relinquish their former positions. Only the masses/peasants can wake themselves up from this slumber of deceit.

Thanks.

Miraculous healings is true brother, stop doubting spirituality, too much of everything is bad, you should balance your scientific believe with spiritual believe to be on the right track, don't be an extremist
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

grin grin grin grin
Now people can see we have a lot in our hands in Nigeria
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by CaveAdullam: 6:42pm On Dec 20, 2022
Bukswag:

Beautiful thoughts but life isn't entirely defined by the physical or what one can visibly see and perceive. Life is essentially spiritual.

However, it is usually a hurdle to appreciate the experiences of others if you don't have one yourself. You could continue tagging other experiences as emotional because of the lack of verifiable evidences and so forth, and sadly until you experience one yourself, your narration won't change. Spirituality is better experienced than told.

Schizophrenia is one of the many names science gives to these things. Ironically, science has a name for everything, but the name, sometimes, do not justify the cause.
Spiritualism is real, charms and enchantments are actually real and they do work (whether you choose to believe or not) . Ghost exists and sorcery is not made-up, the medieval cities of old understood this. You may think all these to be fairy tales and may be subject to logically explanations until you become exposed to their workings.

Humans aren't as unreasonable as you think. The reason why many hold on to these things are because of the undisputed experiences they've encountered overtime. Many continue to experience these things and some even dabble into it intentionally because of the thrills and their quest for knowledge.

I have seen people, and even know some of them personally, who have fallen victims to charms. It happens more often than not in this part of the world. That there isn't tangible proof of their experiences doesn't make their ordeal false.

I believe the best way to thoroughly understand a subject is to pursue the experiences of those who are committed to the same.

And lastly, Faith is not emotional. It is, in fact, beyond religion. Christ remains the giver of Eternal Life and the lasting cure to sin.
Thanks.

1. Without evidence every subjective claim is true. And if every subjective claim is true there can be no lies. So, I beg the question can there be falsehood and lies or is it non-existent?

2. Thomas ask for a sign and he saw it. Christ himself showed him.
God showed Moses a sign.
Apostle Paul became born again because of a sign.
And those signs were not hidden, not even one, all were bare and visible to the eyes of multitudes of sinners and religious adherents. So says your Bible right?

3. Why hasn't one miracle or sign and wonder been made evidence since the advent of science and technology?

4. By the way, those deep things and supernatural brouhaha you are talking about are PURE PHYSICS, BIOLOGY, AND CHEMISTRY. You don't know how science operates doesn't mean what you don't understand or comprehend is supernatural.

5. Nature is deep and purely physical. Our brains and minds are capable of learning and knowing many things but our environment, needs, and frailty are the limitations. No matter how much we try we can't know everything.

However, for any claim you make, you must give us the evidence and allow people to test it to see consistency in results.

6. There is no way all the atheists in the world will not give their lives to Christ in the next 24 hours if amputated limbs grow under a live camera with a witness. Or, the people born blind receive their sights. All these are miracles Christ performed in the Bible. So, what's stopping him and his anointed ones from doing it today?

There are millions of prizes waiting for clairvoyants, pastors, and magicians if they can perform their acts in public but for years none has come out. Yet they keep doing their miracles, signs, and wonders in the church and shrine, even in their backyards.

"Who una dey deceive".

I know you'll say sin and lack of faith. The two-way sides of faith always drag to a stalemate.

The onus is on you religious people to give us the evidence.

7. PS: I don't engage in religious arguments or hardly any other. Because at the end of the day it's just a repetition of "I know somebody that turned to a goat...bullet can't enter his body...he is a rainmaker masquerade warrior fighter charmer magician blah blah blah".

Maybe if you have solid evidence I will engage you. If not au revoir.

Let's I forget, I have 2 dragon eggs in my house but one is about hatching. Do you care to see them?

Cc. Ogwumgbe...gives us the evidence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Stories. The vehicle already had issues prior. Carry the corpse in a brand new Mercedes Benz hearse make I see where or how e wan breakdown.
How come only Nigeria or African Undertaker vehicles breakdown at burials.
I Live abroad and have visited countries, please how come we don't hear such in the US, UK, China or Canada, meanwhile we have many undertaker vehicles in diaspora roaming our streets or people dia don't die untimely?
No one is asking questions

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Dunkjames5(m): 6:56pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

grin grin grin grin grin
U need treat for Malaria especially cerebral malaria. That's how it starts cheesy grin cheesy
grin grin
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Keji1012(m): 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
A
U are right, na wetin I know I go talk about.
Please can you describe these GHOSTS
I really want to know what they look like
The first one I saw was crying around in the middle of the night around 1am and that was in 1994. The second one was my grandma when she was in the morgue
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by meobizy(f): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2022
It takes anyone, abeg. If you can work as a cleaner, you can work in a mortuary. You become desensitized not long after.

A dead body is no different from a piece of wood. The first few times you’ll imagine about the life which once occupied it. After a few tens they’d make no difference. Have you seen butchers mourn over cows or chickens? Exactly.

Do doctors perform rituals for one thing or the other? That’s a no, yes? So, don’t think too much into it.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
ogwumgbe:

Soul can't be separated from spirit brother
It's mystery. U are also right. The spirit is what makes ur flesh to be alive. Without ur spirit, u are a dead man. The soul consist of ur thoughts, feelings or emotions. That's why i said it is a mystery.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by meobizy(f): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2022
appini:

Continuously seeing death desensitizes somebody. He’s no different from a soldier in a warfront.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Annistars: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
I always wish to see my husband but I have never seen him only see people that look like him and some times in my dreams I see him we talk and that is all. Sometimes when Iam seriously in need if I dream that he gave me money as long as my hand collect money from him some body will gift me money that day.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

E get the kind water wey u go wan build bridge, if u no go negotiate with mammy water, ur bridge go just collapse. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Bukswag(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2022
CaveAdullam:

1. Without evidence every subjective claim is true. And if every subjective claim is true there can be no lies. So, I beg the question can there be falsehood and lies or is it non-existent?

2. Thomas ask for a sign and he saw it. Christ himself showed him.
God showed Moses a sign.
Apostle Paul became born again because of a sign.
And those signs were not hidden, not even one, all were bare and visible to the eyes of multitudes of sinners and religious adherents. So says your Bible right?

3. Why hasn't one miracle or sign and wonder been made evidence since the advent of science and technology?

4. By the way, those deep things and supernatural brouhaha you are talking about are PURE PHYSICS, BIOLOGY, AND CHEMISTRY. You don't know how science operates doesn't mean what you don't understand or comprehend is supernatural.

5. Nature is deep and purely physical. Our brains and minds are capable of learning and knowing many things but our environment, needs, and frailty are the limitations. No matter how much we try we can't know everything.

However, for any claim you make, you must give us the evidence and allow people to test it to see consistency in results.

6. There is no way all the atheists in the world will not give their lives to Christ in the next 24 hours if amputated limbs grow under a live camera with a witness. Or, the people born blind receive their sights. All these are miracles Christ performed in the Bible. So, what's stopping him and his anointed ones from doing it today?

There are millions of prizes waiting for clairvoyants, pastors, and magicians if they can perform their acts in public but for years none has come out. Yet they keep doing their miracles, signs, and wonders in the church and shrine, even in their backyards.

"Who una dey deceive".

I know you'll say sin and lack of faith. The two-way sides of faith always drag to a stalemate.

The onus is on you religious people to give us the evidence.

7. PS: I don't engage in religious arguments or hardly any other. Because at the end of the day it's just a repetition of "I know somebody that turned to a goat...bullet can't enter his body...he is a rainmaker masquerade warrior fighter charmer magician blah blah blah".

Maybe if you have solid evidence I will engage you. If not au revoir.

Let's I forget, I have 2 dragon eggs in my house but one is about hatching. Do you care to see them?

Cc. Ogwumgbe...gives us the evidence.

I also don't engage in religious debates. There is really no need to. I only replied because your factual stance is plausible but largely insufficient to understand spirituality.

Subjectivity can't be fought against, so the premise of falsehood only remains so to the one who perceives it to be. Every subjective claim remains true to the proclaimer. The same logic applies to those who claim their gender identity is beyond their anatomical make up, casually making your esteemed BIOLOGY partly objectionable (science is dynamic isn't it, things evolve and therefore this is excusable?)
We could also excuse physics, if I claim that the supernatural do infact exist, because of the told and untold experiences of many.

Meanwhile, signs happen and still happen. But like the scripture rightly says "they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding"
Even if signs were to take place in front of you, you could as well choose to esteem physics and biology instead, like the pharisees did.

It would help seeing the dragon eggs lol, but I can always conclude them to be those of ostriches instead. At least, those still exists and I can see them. If you could infer that to people's experiences, it should work in this instance also.
Re: What Does It Take One To Work In A Mortuary? by Truvelisback(m): 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2022
meobizy:
It takes anyone, abeg. If you can work as a cleaner, you can work in a mortuary. You become desensitized not long after.

A dead body is no different from a piece of wood. The first few times you’ll imagine about the life which once occupied it. After a few tens they’d make no difference. Have you seen butchers mourn over cows or chickens? Exactly.

Do doctors perform rituals for one thing or the other? That’s a no, yes? So, don’t think too much into it.
Can 'u'ndress dead bodies, bathe them and dress them up? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Update On UCH Ibadan Recruitment Exercise / The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. / NYSC Aptitude Test Holding On Saturday 21st December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.