Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,857 members, 7,813,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Stop The Insult On Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop The Insult On Mr President (11733 Views)

VP Osinbajo, Lai Mo'hamed And Their Deliberate Insult On Nigerians' Intelligence / Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / LWKMD Cc What Dino Melaye Tweeted On Mr.president Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop The Insult On Mr President by osifred(m): 10:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
It is time we stop insulting Goodluck Jonathan and respect him for who he is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Make no mistake about this, I am not a fan to the president in any way, I have never been and I doubt the possibility of ever been with the current state of affairs of the nation.

I don’t like his style of governance and infact his recognition of the rebel group in Libya has made me loose all respect I had for him as a person, but nevertheless he is still the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and for that reason as true Nigerians and a patriots we owe him a duty of respect and even if we must criticize him. It must be constructive and done with decorum for in insulting him we insult not his personality but the exalted seat of the presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria [s](that is if the seat is indeed exalted. I believe it is still exalted)[/s] which he currently occupies.

For this reason I would implore my follow forumites (nairalanders) who I believe has the interest of the nation at heart to entreat courtesy in referring and addressing the Commander in Chief of the arm forces, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

In doing this, we are not doing it for him but protecting the image of the country as well as the seat of the presidency. We must therefore put aside our differences be it political, tribal or religious and respect the president especially in public forum like this which attract the interest of the international community.

I hope to see threads and posts in the future devoid of derogatory words in reference to Mr. President.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by naijaking1: 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
This should make the homepage grin
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Makbo: 12:00am On Sep 01, 2011
Have you ever seen africans expressing their anger without insults? Tell me !

1 Like

Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 01, 2011
@ O.P, thank you very much. We ought to respect the office of the president of our country. It is the least we can do. We only have one country, and it is this one.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by okadaman2: 12:39am On Sep 01, 2011
OP, I agree.

People should stop, it's too bad embarassed
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by DisGuy: 1:12am On Sep 01, 2011
didn't say this when Mallam Yardi was on the seat o! he is not a southerner abi  grin

George Bush or Jonathan= Insult Cup

GEJibberish
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by HighChief4(m): 1:13am On Sep 01, 2011
Seanet, Eko Ile and Dayokanu shoud take note
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by librangyps(f): 1:20am On Sep 01, 2011
I totally agree, if uv left the shores of this country or u ar involved directly wit the international community, u will understand the condemnation we bring upon ourselves and country by making derogatory remarks 'bout our country and president, Make ur complains but wit honor for our country and d man at d hem of affairs
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Beaf: 1:22am On Sep 01, 2011
Dis Guy:

didn't say this when Mallam Yardi was on the seat o! he is not a southerner abi  grin

George Bush or Jonathan= Insult Cup

GEJibberish

This is really silly and sick. What has North or South got to do with it?

In any event, I made the very same call the OP is making several times during Yar Adua's time. Even at the height of the cabal saga, there were many of us that stolidly refused to use foul language on Yar Adua.

It takes a special kind of ill-bred fool to insult the President of Nigeria.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Richtalk: 1:25am On Sep 01, 2011
Well said,

Some people just don't know how to Criticize?

You don't have to insult the President before your point is heard.

The truth is  that, you can never get close to being a leader if you insults leaders.
The forces of nature will not let you be, instead  you will only remain on nairaland page as a commentator. grin grin grin grin
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by naijaking1: 1:40am On Sep 01, 2011
If this topic makes the homepage, I'll know someone has repented or has a change of heart in the moderator and adm's office. It's actually a challange cool cool cool
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by DisGuy: 1:41am On Sep 01, 2011
Delusion of grandeur, daily lies and spinning

Oyinbo repete!!!
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by EkoIle1: 2:42am On Sep 01, 2011
You clowns must think Nigeria is a police state of some totalitarian country. Who the freak is GEJ? all we want the clueless and incompetent man to do is to get off his scary and lazy a.s.s and do his damn job.

You people are really pathetic for real.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by dayokanu(m): 5:14am On Sep 01, 2011
which one?

Odechukwu retardeen Jonathan? The MEND spokesman?

Isnt it funny that the same people who called YarAdull, Called Abacha OBJ and IBB names have suddenly turned into angels?

The same people who called ex office holders( Ex Head of states and VP) like IBB, Atiku, Buhari etc several degrading names yet comes now to tell us something about Odechukwu retardeen Goofluck Jonathan
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Abagworo(m): 5:23am On Sep 01, 2011
I totally agree with poster.Even Buhari and Obasanjo should not be insulted.I grew up learning how to respect my elders but I think pro-GEJ people like beaf started raining abuses on anyone with different ideology until they started to hit back.I have never ever insulted the President either by name calling or even using the word clueless but I have criticised and will continue to criticise any perceived wrong decisions.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 01, 2011
Abagworo:

I totally agree with poster.Even Buhari and Obasanjo should not be insulted.I grew up learning how to respect my elders but I think pro-GEJ people like beaf started raining abuses on anyone with different ideology until they started to hit back.I have never ever insulted the President either by name calling or even using the word clueless but I have criticised and will continue to criticise any perceived wrong decisions.

end of - we can all remeber how beaf spammed the board with lies, insults , spin and spell of any opponent of his master.

well, your master is in the hot seat now.

deal with it

capable leaders are insulted everyday in democracies. much less incompetent buffoons .
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by librangyps(f): 6:20am On Sep 01, 2011
@dayokanu and ekoille
Grow up, everything is not fight on tribal grounds, Be more principled and act ur age, Teenagers are willin to make a change, let alone agbayas like u, We ar not sayin GEJ is handlin things d way we want or that u shouldn't express urself, How u go about it matters
Grow up
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Rhino5dm: 6:37am On Sep 01, 2011
we are in a free system, so you guys should learn how to suck it up.

The names likes Drug baron(Tinubu), Aregb-RASCAL(Rauf Aregbesola), Blood thirsty-Jihadist, Ayatollah(Buhari), Bi-sexual nutjob ot Atiefku(Atiku), Yaradull or slowpoke or Zombie(Yaradua), gorilla(OBJ), one eyed-devil(Ciroma) was frequently use with all pleasure by the GEJ team. Respect is mutual.

*I learnt how to insult leaders here and i cant even think of doing that in real life.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Rhino5dm: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2011
so your message wont be completed with name calling? You dare accuse them of childishness when you are even worst?
Me think its the other way round. Look at the mirror first befaore castigating others. You are guilty of the same crime.

librangyps:

@dayokanu and ekoille
Grow up, everything is not fight on tribal grounds, Be more principled and act your age, Teenagers are willin to make a change, let alone agbayas like u, We ar not sayin GEJ is handlin things d way we want or that u shouldn't express urself, How u go about it matters
Grow up
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by DisGuy: 8:36am On Sep 01, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The names likes Drug baron(Tinubu), Aregb-RASCAL(Rauf Aregbesola), Blood thirsty-Jihadist, Ayatollah(Buhari), Bi-intimate nutjob ot Atiefku(Atiku), Yaradull or slowpoke or Zombie(Yaradua), gorilla(OBJ), one eyed-devil(Ciroma) was frequently use with all pleasure by the GEJ team. Respect is mutual.

*I learnt how to insult leaders here and i cant even think of doing that in real life.

Gbam

Those were real constructive name calling I tell you!!

what does tribe have to do with it? evidence

Are the criticism affecting him?
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Ufeolorun(m): 10:46am On Sep 01, 2011
comedy  ;d
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Ufeolorun(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2011
Adimeru baba suwe for president
'broking' bottle for vice president
spark the killer for senate president
speaker ?

fresher air 2015! cheesy

Only tribalism would stop the team above , pdp power to the loons! grin
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by WilWily: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2011
The only people that took it as a job to insult Jonathan are Yorubas,
Yoruba people are not happy Ijaw man is the president.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Gbawe: 11:02am On Sep 01, 2011
Abagworo:

Indeed. I used to be polite to Beaf till his uncouth mouth actually mentioned my mother . Next minute, he is pretending to be the victim. Nairaland has too many lady-boy p.us.sies who don't understand , fundamentally, that "dont throw blows if you can't take blows" .

If you appeal for us to respect the President then you must also consistently appeal for nairalanders to respect other leaders . They deserve respect too. The bigots like Beaf, PointB, Johndoe are the worst. Beaf , for example , is busy talking up how "drunken fisherman" is insultive yet him and his crew are throwing around "aregbe-sewer" , Aregbe-Rascal, "drug baron controlled South West", etc, etc .

Abeg, OP should ask for all leaders to be respected otherwise he is a hypocrite to me. At least some of us still remember how to be real men with how we prefer to reply unprovoked attack in kind rather than crying like wimps or appeasing idiots , like Beaf and co, who are only capable of interpreting civility to mean weakness.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Desola(f): 11:18am On Sep 01, 2011
All this for Nanamu, mumuchukwu Retardeeno Badluck?

Muhehehehehe,
grin
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Desola(f): 11:20am On Sep 01, 2011
How do one respect corruption?

Me I no go call corruption, broda o. For wia?
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by semidaraeb(m): 11:31am On Sep 01, 2011
IF u want to insult go ahead keep it up, but remember one day some one else will insult you as well, not because you deserve to be insulted but because it has become the person's favourite past time, and don't think that you who is always insulting somebody will ever become a leader, no you won't because leadership is for mature people not babies who yap of on NL, thinking their opinions count in the scheme of things, or think leadership potentials or leaders are developed and made on the pages of NL, dream on, hope u all saw the post of the percentage of internet users in Nigeria, that should even point out to us that we are far from reaching the so called masses we tend to fight for with our so called posts (INSULT). I wish every one a happy new month.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Desola(f): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2011
Storyland, storyland land of music fun and games, storyland, storyland, bring your friends along!

Itan adaye ba.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by petertosh: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The names likes Drug baron(Tinubu), Aregb-RASCAL(Rauf Aregbesola), Blood thirsty-Jihadist, Ayatollah(Buhari), Bi-intimate nutjob ot Atiefku(Atiku), Yaradull or slowpoke or Zombie(Yaradua), gorilla(OBJ), one eyed-devil(Ciroma) was frequently use with all pleasure by the GEJ team. Respect is mutual.

If you live in a glass house don't throw stones, cos if you can't take blows broda don't throw blows - Peter Tosh (Glass House)
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Gbawe: 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
peter_tosh:

If you live in a glass house don't throw stones, cos if you can't take blows broda don't throw blows - Peter Tosh (Glass House)

Thank you O jare . I love that song. The perfect tune for cowardly crybabies who spend their time attacking others only to cringe fearfully when the blows fly in their direction.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by aljharem3: 2:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

u have said it all
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Beaf: 2:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
Gbawe:

Indeed. I used to be polite to Beaf till his uncouth mouth actually mentioned my mother . Next minute, he is pretending to be the victim. Nairaland has too many lady-boy p.us.sies who don't understand , fundamentally, that "dont throw blows if you can't take blows" .

If you appeal for us to respect the President then you must also consistently appeal for nairalanders to respect other leaders . They deserve respect too. The bigots like Beaf, PointB, Johndoe are the worst. Beaf , for example , is busy talking up how "drunken fisherman" is insultive yet him and his crew are throwing around "aregbe-sewer" , Aregbe-Rascal, "drug baron controlled South West", etc, etc .

Abeg, OP should ask for all leaders to be respected otherwise he is a hypocrite to me. At least some of us still remember how to be real men with how we prefer to reply unprovoked attack in kind rather than crying like wimps or appeasing idiots , like Beaf and co, who are only capable of interpreting civility to mean weakness.

Lol! The gentleman liar is at it again! Your stories about why you are so gutter mouthed change every blessed day.
--shakes head and walks away--

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 Campaign: Osinbajo Thrills Abuja Residents To `next Level’ Song- Vanguard / ISWAP Kidnaps Passengers On Borno Highway / Aiyedatiwa Inches Closer To Ondo APC Ticket As 18 Lawmakers, Elders Back Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.