Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Stop The Insult On Mr President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop The Insult On Mr President (11761 Views)

VP Osinbajo, Lai Mo'hamed And Their Deliberate Insult On Nigerians' Intelligence / Kwakwanso’s Insult On Yoruba Elders Will Not Go Unanswered: femi Fani-kayode / LWKMD Cc What Dino Melaye Tweeted On Mr.president Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by aribisala0(m): 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
Beaf:

I know the UK like the back of my hand sir. People do not abuse the PM like they are a bunch of ill-bred rats, in fact the country will turn on any sorry soul that attempts it, opposition or not.

There is no country on Earth that has people more civil than the British, they call you "sir" and tell you "thank you", even when they are killing you. They do not roll on the ground in grief and they hide open displays of anger (thats left for yobs and footie supporters).
Its called the stiff upper lip; choose another country to situate your tales, cos the UK isn't it.

UNCLE TOM,
how well do you know the back of your hand ?? i don't believe the the british are more civil or respectful  than the yorubas or other africans for that matter. that is colo mentality.
have we thrown dye at our leaders or eggs ,or engaged them in fist fights in the street??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTiI1e-wVc
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=briton-fined-for-insulting-prime-minister-2010-03-09
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1462362/Two-charged-over-Blair-flour-bomb-attack.html
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by AmeboAjela(f): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
The problem of some Nigerians no be how to read, but how to comprehend wetin dem read. Because I no see how this kind tread fit cos  problems or even insults. The OP don already talk say he is not a fan of Presidon but im give enough good reason why people should not insult him. It's just like insulting your fathers house simply because you no like the country Nigeria. Know and understand the difference between Insult and Criticize.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by congoshine(m): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
@poster,if e vex you go to court.

He is Goodluck Jonathan - the name his father gave him after 8 days of birth.

He should focus on NEPA, BOKO & JOBLESS YOUTH  & cut the crap  angry angry
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by naijaking1: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2011
I said this will never make homepage, I guess I was wrong. Good job adm!
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
There's absolutely nthng wrong wit throwin a yab or two at d president. No need to grovel b4 this "exalted" office. It's calld freedom of speech, brother. Didnt u ever watch Bill Maher on HBO?
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by GrownMan(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2011
Being a leader is not beans, when it works we praise you and when it doesn't we diss you.

I believe all leaders (genuine at least) should have this in mind. I for one had so many hopes on our President, but very sad at the snail speed at which things are going if things are going at all that is!

All in all, I am for keeping the respect, but as a leader, these things will(must) happen. We have the right to what we say about what we see and also what we hope to see.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Oyibogab: 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2011
that has always been our fault, we had never known the  value of what we ve or value our leaders. we rather prefer foreign things to our own.  Nearly every Nig talks good of president Barak Obama but If  tomorrow the same Obama becomes the president of Nigeria, nothing he will do that will be good again.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by seanet02: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
Oyibogab:

that has always been our fault, we had never known the  value of what we ve or value our leaders. we rather prefer foreign things to our own.  Nearly every Nig talks good of president Barak Obama but If  tomorrow the same Obama becomes the president of Nigeria, nothing he will do that will be good again.
Value ko Valueless ni, Nonsense
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Galaxy7: 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
As much as you keep insulting him as much as he keeps braking record,I have never and will never insult my elder talk more of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria. i pray God to help you understand that respect to the leaders simply means Awe of God
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by God2man(m): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
"Do not look for what your country can do for you, look for what you can do for your country" what can you do for Nigeria to make it better? Let us cultivate the habit of saying good things not only to our dear country, but to the seat of the presidency. What we say go a long way. Death and life are in the power of the tongue so say the Bible. What you say eventually become part of you, you will say it to everyone you meet. Indirecly, you are saying it to yourself. Watch your togue. It is like fire. It is an unruly evil. It is difficult to tame(control).Nigeria is like this. It will continue to be that. The president is this, the president is that. Yes, we use our mouth to make it to be like that. Do something for your dear country. Start something. If you do not have money. Take it as a challenge. Be determine that you want to make your country great. One with God is the majority. You can make a difference. You can help people. You can pray and fast for your dear country. You can become an entrepreneur. Things can change, but it begins with YOU. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by LOLOH: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2011
abi
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by tunnytox(m): 6:35pm On Sep 02, 2011
SMH See ignorance of the highest order  embarassed embarassed embarassed well I don't blame most of you advocating for respect and preaching sermon about respecting those in the authority as you're exhibiting what you have been made to believe its true. Nigerian politicians use propaganda in the school ( I remember those days when kids will be made to line up on streets just because of one gap toothed bastard), in churches and mosques ( as many pastors and even imams are now wining and dining with politicians they sing their praises for their congregation who out of their gullibility accept everything like sheep following their sShepard and also on the TV and radio. The result of these brainwashing is what many of you are exhibiting and I don't expect any better comments. Afterall its only natural that if you bring up your child to act like monkey he'll only know how to live like a monkey and find other people behaving like humans very odd, the monkey is not to be blamed he's just acting out what is normal to him.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Galaxy7: 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
God2man,THANK you sir
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2011
GEJ is going to be on ur face as MR. PRESIDENT for the next 4 good years - if that makes u go mad, then u have to deal with that. Insulting him cant unseat him. wake up guys the old order of only some cabals ruling nigeria is gone for good. fresh air is here to stay!
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by house45: 6:49pm On Sep 02, 2011
Which elders, those fools that hv made Nigeria the way it is. Respect for who? thiefs and ocultic men. Each time I buy petrol for my gen in the office, house and car, I remember that those fools are responsible and you are bold enough to talk about Respect. U too, mind yourself.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by house45: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
Which elders, those fools that hv made Nigeria the way it is. Respect for who? thiefs and ocultic men. Each time I buy petrol for my gen in the office, house and car, I remember that those fools are responsible and you are bold enough to talk about Respect. U too, mind yourself.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by house45: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by tunnytox(m): 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
Fresh air my foot!! your generator fumes is fresh air? deluded zombies
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by eros(m): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
GEJ deserves more than insults. The man has practically ruined Nigeria, everything that can go wrong in a country has gone wrong in less than 6 months of being President. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by naijaking1: 7:06pm On Sep 02, 2011
This country has been on a downward slide since after independence, since after the civil war, and since after all the 38 years of tragic military rule, and here he have GEJ cool
Many are rightly frustrated at the speed of reforms, but until we have a miracle worker in the form of some esoteric leader at the presidency, we have to gradually work our way out of more than 40 years of depidilation, corruption, and waste.
I don't know if GEJ is moving at the right pace or not, but I certainly do know that bringing the people who have ra-pe.d this country for years back into Aso rock will be worse than what we ahve now.
So call GEJ whatever name you chose out of frustration, ethnicism, or even bigotry it's not going to change a thing.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Wallie(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
I don’t really have more to add to what both sides of the aisle are saying except we should accept that every human is fallible and not follow our leaders blindly! It does not matter if the leader in question is your president, governor, imam, pastor, or teacher. Follow follow without using your brain will only keep you subjugated and being used for another man’s selfish interests.

GEJ is the current president of Nigeria and will be for the next 3+ years. For everyone’s sake, including those who did not vote for him, I pray that he’s only just getting warmed up because his failure is not an option. Also keep in mind that he may be one of those who “speak softly and carry a big stick”, as Theodore Roosevelt would say. I’m just waiting to see him use that “big stick”, especially on corruption, boko haram, and ineffective ministers.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by blackboi(m): 7:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
Until something changes angry
4uck GEJ, 4uck PDP + every Nigerian Politician sad angry
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by EvilBrain1(m): 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ OP

I'll stop insulting the president the moment he stops acting like a rètard. People are suffering and dying because of his stüpidity and you're complaining about insults.

In my opinion, Nigerians have shown incredible restraint by restricting themselves to just insults. in Europe, they throw pies and raw eggs at incompetent politicians. In Libya, they are throwing bullets.

Jonathan had better be grateful that most Nigerians are so averse to violence. If he had any sense, he'd be thanking us for the insults.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
@OP, at least we didnt put our own president in a cage like d egyptians, we just insult his re-tarded actions. And d last time i checked was it not two past elders calin themselves fools. Mr Gej is slow lets admit, and comon we are talking human lives here! So mr poster pls shut up!
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by fxtopedia(m): 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2011
We have lot of hypocrites here, Op being the chief of them all
follow by dummy BEAF.

Nobody is insulting reeeeeeeeeetarrrrrrrrded GEJ, we are only insulting his action!
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by naijaking1: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
How can you make a useful critiscm of our president and his goverment if the only thing you know is insults, insults, and more insults.
Maybe, you should buy a good book on debating styles grin
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by shawonlese: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
@ True talk poster.

About time to stop abusing  Mr President.

Advertise your products and services

Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by boyt1: 8:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
For those insulting the President's personality instead of criticizing his job are the ones that inherited this character from their grand fathers in runs in the family. They started with insulting Zik/Tafawa Balewa ,insulted Gowon, Shakari,  now   this generation continued with OBJ; IBB; Yaradua and GEJ. I wonder if all the insults have made any impact anyway.
Break this circle by criticizing not insulting your leaders.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by andersonlu: 8:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
My fellow Nigerians it is you and i that gave Mr president to be our president, so why the insult, we ought to respect our dear president and not to disrespect him. it is our civil responsibility. even the bible make us to understand that we should respect and obey those in authority.
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by razznaija(f): 9:05pm On Sep 02, 2011
I haven't seen any change ever since he came into office, that does not mean that i am going to insult him but as far as i am concerned this man needs to be impeached ASAP. Nigeria will not progress with this our incompetent leaders, who always think about themselves before the people, in fact since Libya does not want Ghadafi we we need him o, we need him, are you guys with me?
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
I know the UK like the back of my hand sir. People do not abuse the PM like they are a bunch of ill-bred rats, in fact the country will turn on any sorry soul that attempts it, opposition or not.

There is no country on Earth that has people more civil than the British, they call you "sir" and tell you "thank you", even when they are killing you. They do not roll on the ground in grief and they hide open displays of anger (thats left for yobs and footie supporters).
Its called the stiff upper lip; choose another country to situate your tales, cos the UK isn't it.

Stop peddling falsehood abeg. Does Brown the bottler or the Squatter of No 10 ring any bells, how about Tony B. liar, Tony the poodle, Bush lapdog and most recently, Nick the Dick or Jedward ?

Mtchew!!!
Re: Stop The Insult On Mr President by goggs(m): 9:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
gwad! shocked

Some people can't make a simple point without insulting whoever! They can't even make good boy scout team leaders! Bad upbringing really. Poor parents! grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Youths Launch Manhunt For Suspected Boko-Haram Members In Maiduguri / The Challenge Of Electricity Supply In Nigeria / ‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.