Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans (9195 Views)

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them / Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by norrisman: 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
I am not anti-islam or nothing but has anyone else noticed how in all the pictures we see. It is usually bearded rebels and clean shaven captives. Most of the rebels in the pictures I have seen are bearded. Could that point to something, hmnnnnn
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by kabukabu(m): 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
hilli666:

Its natural human behaviour to seek our better oputunities for themselves and their familys. Even Ameriacan travel to go and work in libya because of better pay, but because we are black we should end up bound and shot like comon dogs right? How can you say it serves us right?

Its NOT however "natural" to think that working in Libya is the safest place to be right now, you should know that.
Libya executes and imprisons thousands of black african immigrants every year, did you thinlk that all of a sudden they would welcome you with open arms and hot coffee.??

You would think that the Arabs killing blacks in the Sudan for decades would have opened eyes to see the danger that lies with dealing with thes people.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
For people who blame the nigerians you do know the ones in benghazi could not escape! How are they going to escape with the rebels running around killing every dark skinned person?

And Okada, that is horrible that the Nigerian govt does not care about its people. All the money they steal and they leave their citizens to the non existent mercy of racist thugs.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by okadaman2: 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
kabukabu:

Its NOT however "natural" to think that working in Libya is the safest place to be right now, you should know that.
Libya executes and imprisons thousands of black african immigrants every year, did you thinlk that all of a sudden they would welcome you with open arms and hot coffee.??

You would think that the Arabs  killing blacks in the Sudan for decades would have opened eyes to see the danger that lies with dealing with thes people.

You have a point about the stupidity of running to a place where you are not liked.

But we also have to realize that some of these poor Nigerian migrants have little choice, zero to no knowledge or education, either about Libya, racism or the realities of life abroad, for example.

I mean we see them here on NL everyday commenting about the world like Foools with no sense of geography, world politics or realities of the fate of their dark skinned brothers and sisters across the world.

If we can have Nigerians with access to Nairaland and the Internet display that kind of ignorance everyday here, what do you expect from poor villagers who followed equally ignorant friends or family advice to go "make it in Libya"

Some of them probably got stuck in Libya on their way to Europe too.  embarassed
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by pleep(m): 11:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
and some bastards are actually justifing this. . .
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by okadaman2: 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
BlackLibya:

For people who blame the nigerians you do know the ones in benghazi could not escape! How are they going to escape with the rebels running around killing every dark skinned person?

And Okada, that is horrible that the Nigerian govt does not care about its people. All the money they steal and they leave their citizens to the non existent mercy of racist thugs.

It's really sad how we treat our own people. And this is common to many Black African countries, not just Nigeria. We treat foreigners better than we treat ourselves even when they don't care about us in their own countries.

The inferiority complex is terrible.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by kabukabu(m): 1:01am On Sep 02, 2011
okada_man:

It's really sad how we treat our own people. And this is common to many Black African countries, not just Nigeria. We treat foreigners better than we treat ourselves even when they don't care about us in their own countries.

Well it all started when Black Africans dropped their self awareness and picked up the Bibles of the West and the Koran of the Arabs.simple.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by Tyene: 1:13am On Sep 02, 2011
And is this the 'ruling body' Jonathan has chosen to recognize?
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by pleep(m): 1:28am On Sep 02, 2011
okada_man:

Some of the comments on here make me want to reach trough the computer screen and crush their trachea.

Why do i have to call these people my contrymen. So many disgusting people, i am on the verge of being ashamed.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 1:49am On Sep 02, 2011
Let's be honest the Nigerian gov. does not care and most of the world does not care because, in reality killing a few Black people in not considered a big deal!  When the French killed 3500 Ivorians to install Quatarra it was considered a success,   Just like when people throw all those numbers around about people killed in Darfur or Somalia nobody really cares!!! in the bigger picture a few dead Black Africans is not a barrier to the bigger objectives. For example 35 percent of Libya's oil for France! Do you think they care about some dead Africans?? ahhahaha. Everyone looks out for their own interest and compassion only counts when one has something to gain. That is the world we live in!!! So the Nigerian gov. will continue to support these types of things with the hope of getting some type of UN seat in the future. Let the blood flow!!!
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 3:11am On Sep 02, 2011
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 3:21am On Sep 02, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjprq67kYI

Value of the African??

Great clip!!!
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 3:27am On Sep 02, 2011
pleep:

Why do i have to call these people my contrymen. So many disgusting people, i am on the verge of being ashamed.

if you feel yourself losing your grip on reality, then log off the internet and take your meds.

that aside, you really dont have to be on nairaland if you'd much rather be elsewhere.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 3:31am On Sep 02, 2011
You have a point about the stupidity of running to a place where you are not liked.

does it take a rocket scientist to know the folly of migrating to places like that?

unless most of these people are being held in libya against their will, why didnt they leave when the fighting first started?

a black arab was lynched months ago after being accused of mercenary activity, and i'm surprised there are still some black africans in that place.

lord have mercy.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by norrisman: 4:47am On Sep 02, 2011
tpia@:

does it take a rocket scientist to know the folly of migrating to places like that?

unless most of these people are being held in libya against their will, why didnt they leave when the fighting first started?

a black arab was lynched months ago after being accused of mercenary activity, and i'm surprised there are still some black africans in that place.

lord have mercy.

Pray to God that you never find yourself in the shoes of these men and women in Libya. You think it is that easy to up and leave a war zone. It is even more difficult if your roots have been planted deeply in your host country/ community moreover this thread isnt only about nigerians, It is about blacks in general. What would you have had the indigenous black population of Libya do?

With all the violence against non-indigenous people in the north of Nigeria, there are still tousands who choose to remain in the north. According to your theory, these people that continue to stay in the north are all idiots.

Which country likes immigrants? Black people are not liked in many European countries including the UK (This is proven by the rise of number of voters for far right parties in France, UK, Nethrlands e.t.c.) but yet we countinue to troop there on a daily basis. Until the war, we had never heard of any widescale organised persecution of blacks in Libya and many Nigerian men and women were making a life for themselves in the country.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 5:27am On Sep 02, 2011
It is even more difficult if your roots have been planted deeply in your host country/ community

how can your roots be planted deeply in an arab country if you're a black african?

i dont get your logic.

What would you have had the indigenous black population of Libya do?

some of their towns are already being wiped out by the rebels.

tawergha, for instance.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 5:30am On Sep 02, 2011
Until the war, we had never heard of any widescale organised persecution of blacks in Libya

yes we did.

many Nigerian men and women were making a life for themselves in the country.

not wise.

Which country likes immigrants?

no country likes immigrants but immigrants themselves should be more picky about where they migrate to. And then, not permanently.

my opinion!!

Black people are not liked in many European countries including the UK (This is proven by the rise of number of voters for far right parties in France, UK, Nethrlands e.t.c.) but yet we countinue to troop there on a daily basis.

thanks to the visa officials and nigerian leaders.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 5:34am On Sep 02, 2011
With all the violence against non-indigenous people in the north of Nigeria, there are still tousands who choose to remain in the north. According to your theory, these people that continue to stay in the north are all idiots.

your words, not mine.

what I am saying is do not stay in any place that's too dangerous, and especially when there's a breakdown of law and order such as happens during a civil war or civil unrest.

why are there still black africans in libya after 6 months of war- did they not have the chance to leave before now? Why wait until the rebels reached your doorstep, in which case it would take divine intervention to not fall into their hands?
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by cap28: 10:46am On Sep 02, 2011
Nobody gives a sh.it about africans including their own govts and that is demonstrated by goodluck jonathan's recognition of a group of arab racists who are currently perpetrating genocide against black african people/

first of all these killings have nothing to do with africans being mercenaries in libya  because this has never ever been substantiated by anyone any where - it is a terrible lie created by western media outlets to make black africans targets of these marauding killers , besides arabs have always hated black africans they call anyone with black skin "abeed" which means slave in arabic they have a deep seated hatred and contempt for black africans even though they invaded our own continent, killed many of our people and settled their own people on it.  Gadaffi was hated by his fellow arabs because of his closeness to black africans, they hated the  fact that he spent money on pan african projects like telecommunication and his plans for a centralised african bank and a single african currency backed by gold, they hated him for all those things because they see themselves as having more in common with europeans than africans.  In fact the rebels talk about their "mediterranean heritage" they seem to have forgotten how they sufferned under italian colonialism.  dont you see how these killers  abuse gadaffi and call him "frizz head" gadaffi is of berber extraction - and may have african blood running through his veins - hence his "frizzy hair" these bastards look at that as denoting inferior racial stock.

for those saying that this is targeted at anyone mistaken for being a black mercenary - are you aware that black libyans make up one third of the population of libya and are mainly from the southern part of libya are they also mercenaries in their own country? also many black libyans are from gadaffi's tribe, many of these people are targets and will be slaughtered en masse if nothing is done to stop these deadly racist killers.  Isnt it ironic that NATO who claim they bombed libya to protect lives are standing by and watching as hundreds of blacks continue to be slaughtered?

the western media is complicit in the huge coverup of this tragedy -they are the ones who created the lie about black mercenaries and they are the ones that have given these killers an excuse to kill black africans, notice how they have continued to ignore this issue since it started and have only recently begun showing a few glossed over reports about it, this killing and torturing of blacks has been going on since march when this war started,blacks were being butchered in benghazi - why didnt cnn, bbc or channel 4 report this then?  in fact i even have a clip of an american journalist raising this as an issue way back in april and the interviewer just interrupted him when he started talking about it, this man was even warning that there will be a blood bath of black libyans and other black africans if these killers ever get to tripoli and still the western media remained silent- now almost 4 months later they are pretending to address this matter although still referring to these murdered victims as "suspected mercenaries"

The real reason these animals are killing blacks as i said earlier is because they have a natural hatred towards all black people and that is the truth -they want to rid their country of blacks once and for all and they are using this war as an opportunity to do so.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by phreakabit(m): 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2011
all reasonable Nigerians and their family were evacuated
by the Nigerian  government from Libya before the massacre,
those being massacred must bn the ones that refused
the love their govt shown by coming to evacuate them
from a the war zone.
AND IT MUST BE IGBO PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEIR BUSINESS
AND MONEY SO MUSH THAN THEIR LIFE,
  MASOB SHOULD GO AND BRING THEM BACK[size=18pt],[/size]

I applaud your contribution to the thread, but seriously you need to kill whoever thought you English grammar  in Primary and Secondary school. Your command of the English language is utterly appalling. I mean ending your entire post with a comma? Seriously?
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by eewule(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
The black africans currently in Libya can be held responsible for the problems they face today. Why did they remain there when they know there is a war going on.  Life is precious, they will have to take responsibility for risking there own.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by thameamead(f): 1:10pm On Sep 02, 2011
there are lots of footage on youtube, i don't know how to upload it on this forum but you can type the following on youtube

libyan rebels killing a man who they claim is an african mercenary.
liyan rebels Execute Innocent Nigerian Worker.
libya "Rebels Are Lynching Black Africans.
Black Afriacn in libya liev in fear.
"Rebels" Round Up Black People In Libya(all the men featured in this Channel 4 reports were Nigerian).
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2011
Why wait until the rebels reached your doorstep, in which case it would take divine intervention to not fall into their hands?

Do these Libyans look like they were WAITING for anything?

[img]http://ts4.mm.bing.net/videos/thumbnail.aspx?q=1057349699011&id=5ceb26281914331ce70c112140d8af98&bid=PKCdCbD1DPkcpw&bn=Thumb&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dQJmZlg7rjeU[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTy5JWJV208&feature=related

They were bombed to death by NATO. It's the worst war ever, like 10 countries against Libya. The soldiers cannot even stand in a formation or hold a defensive line without NATO dropping bombs on them.

Reports are coming out now that European special forces units were on the ground helping them.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
there are lots of footage on youtube, i don't know how to upload it on this forum but you can type the following on youtube

here is a good site for you with lots of videos about what the rebels do,

http://libyancivilwar..com/2011/04/rebel-atrocity-videos.html
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 5:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
Libya rebel commander plays down Islamist past

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — The rebels' Tripoli military commander, a former leader of an Islamic militant group that sent fighters to Iraq and Afghanistan, insisted Friday that the new Libya will shun extremism and won't become a breeding ground for terrorism.

The commander, Abdel Hakim Belhaj, said he was detained in 2004 in Malaysia and sent to a secret prison in Thailand where he claimed he was tortured by CIA agents. Then he was sent to Libya and jailed for seven years by Moammar Gadhafi's regime.

But Belhaj, 45, played down his Islamist past, seeking to allay concerns about his emergence as a prominent figure in the Western-backed Libyan opposition movement.

He said he had been blindfolded, hung from the wall and beaten on his back in Thailand but insisted he holds no grudges against the West because of the shared goal of ousting Gadhafi.

"Revenge doesn't motivate me personally," he told The Associated Press in an interview at his headquarters at the sprawling military airport in central Tripoli.

Belhaj was a leader in the now dissolved Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, which was deemed a terror group by the U.S. But he said he refused to join Al-Qaida because he disagreed with its ideology of global jihad, or holy war, and wanted to focus on ridding Libya of Gadhafi.

He lauded the West for supporting the rebels, saying that "the U.N. Security Council and the whole world stood by us in the cause and have helped us to get rid of Gadhafi."

Gadhafi, in courting the West in recent years, has insisted al-Qaida would gain influence in Libya unless he remained in power.

Belhaj dismissed those concerns.

"We never have and never will support what they call terrorism," he said.

"Libya is a moderate Muslim country," he said. "We call and hope for a civil country that is ruled by the law, which we were not allowed to enjoy under Gadhafi. The religious identity of the country will be left up to the people to choose."

http://news.yahoo.com/libya-rebel-commander-plays-down-islamist-past-122316090.html
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by Gbenge77(m): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
Its a very difficult moment for blacks in Libya.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 12:43am On Sep 03, 2011
These are actually the lucky ones In my opinion! Unlike the Nigerians whose clips I showed yesterday, the people who captured these people put them in jail. If any type of democracy forms in Libya they should be able to easily win their case and regain the freedom!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCRGlkNqEvk

I would say all the Ghanaians stuck there deserve it since they had a chance to leave but, choose to stay and try to make money thinking it was not serious!! I feel sad for the Nigerians though because, we never really did a big evacuation!  If Ghana evacuated 18,000 we should have been able to evacuate 60,000!

Instead we did less than 2000!
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 1:12am On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 2:02am On Sep 03, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjepDWl9IIc

dude that is just broke my heart when she said "we march with them right now in our countries, and right here they are treating us like animals! It's not fair! It's not fair!"

As she's choking back tears,
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 2:41am On Sep 03, 2011
dont know if i should keep watching these videos, but since the acts are being recorded by the people on ground [via cell phones, digicams and the like] should one really choose not to view these things?

quandary.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 2:56am On Sep 03, 2011
The Rebels are animals!

Why arrest these families

Goodluck Jonathan's Libya!!! Where peoples life savings are snatched by rats and they are jailed with no real charges!! Those are the Lucky ones! The unlucky ones like the Nigerians I showed yesterday get killed!
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by okadaman2: 3:00am On Sep 03, 2011
eewule:

The black africans currently in Libya can be held responsible for the problems they face today. Why did they remain there when they know there is a war going on.  Life is precious, they will have to take responsibility for risking there own.

Why are you blaming the victims?

You don't know anyone living abroad in a racist country? Have you experienced poverty and desperation before?

Nigeria's first President Nnamdi Azikiwe was a stowaway on a ship(very dangerous move) desperately trying to find seek a better life for himself abroad.

WTH?!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opposition Party Sets Off Tear Gas Inside Kosovo Parliament(Photos) / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / South African Lesbians Protest Against Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.