Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans (9198 Views)

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Libyan Rebels Promised France 35% Oil In Exchange For Supporting Them / Gaddafi Falls: Libyan rebels in 'final push' for capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 3:03am On Sep 03, 2011
^^Poverty and desperation arent whats leaving people stuck in a place like libya.

its human trafficking and gang/cult overlords.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by okadaman2: 3:15am On Sep 03, 2011
Look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaplRuASg1M

Pause at 58 seconds,  Notice the color of all those killed!!

Do you think she was really a mercenary!!!

Or this,  French media promoting propaganda about Nigerian Mercenaries!

Who knows, maybe they ra.p.e.d and killed that Edo Naija girl from Benin City just like they raped the Libyan lady that was on CNN earlier in the conflict.

Who knows, it must be worse for black Nigerian ladies stranded in that country on their way to Europe. Arab men have strange black women fetishes developed from centuries of keeping harems full of enslaved dark skinned women.

Ask ghaddafi about his condolezza rice obsession. No difference between rebels and dictator ghaddafi.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by okadaman2: 3:24am On Sep 03, 2011
tpia@:

^^Poverty and desperation arent whats leaving people stuck in a place like libya.

its human trafficking and gang/cult overlords.

Many People are driven into the hands of human traffickers because of poverty, ignorance and desperation.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 3:30am On Sep 03, 2011
i think by now people should start finding a way to resist or avoid the enslavers.

i know its not easy but sometimes we do have to take responsibility for our own actions.

not to mention some willingly go.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 3:44am On Sep 03, 2011
Why did we recognize these criminals again? The lady in the video clearly said they are treated like Animals!

If the Nigerian in Goodluck Jonathans Libya is an ANIMAL what about the Nigerian living under his rule
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 3:49am On Sep 03, 2011
The unlucky ones like the Nigerians I showed yesterday get killed!

Have u seen the ones where they hang the blacks and raise them like piñatas as hundreds of idiot rebels chop at them with machetes and other disgraceful acts?

If u havent, i can show you, there are several.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by SmoothCrim: 3:50am On Sep 03, 2011
The dogs have no dignity! Neither do those who recognize and fraternize with them!!!
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 3:52am On Sep 03, 2011
i'm not sure anything can be done about the fate of the africans trapped in libya at this point, unless the west steps in and tells the rebels to stop.

we all know what happened with rwanda.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 3:54am On Sep 03, 2011
i'm not sure anything can be done about the fate of the africans trapped in libya at this point, unless the west steps in and tells the rebels to stop.

If the West does not continue BOMBING the pro-ghaddafi towns and villages, then we can avoid the loss of black life in southern libya, which is predominantly black. We can stop the genocide if people know the south is black.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 5:48am On Sep 03, 2011
"The danger is that there is no oversight by any authorities, and the people who are carrying out the arrests — more like abductions — are not trained to respect human rights," said Diana Eltahawy of Amnesty International. "They are people who carry a lot of anger against people they believe committed atrocities."

For about a week, the Tripoli Local Prison has been receiving inmates and now holds about 300, said Anwar Bin Naji, a former prison employee who helps run the facility. About 50 are Libyans. The rest are from Ghana, Nigeria, Niger and other African countries.

"They are all arrested by rebels or by civilians who love the homeland," Naji said.

As he spoke, two rebel trucks carrying about a dozen black men entered the prison, honking their horns.

"Those are all mercenaries, or most of them," he said before speaking to the men

http://www.bet.com/news/global/2011/09/01/libyan-forces-now-persecuting-blacks.html.html
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by tpia5: 5:49am On Sep 03, 2011
According to numerous reports out of Libya, the rebel forces have been rounding up Blacks in the nation and imprisoning them. At the start of the civil war, Gadhafi padded his forces with mercenaries, many of whom came from sub-Saharan Africa. Now that the anti-Gadhafi rebels are in control, they’ve started arresting Blacks wholesale under the assumption that they’re pro-Gadhafi.

Some of the people being arrested are indeed mercenary fighters, but others are merely innocent migrant workers, and the rebel fighters are having a hard time distinguishing between the two. An Associated Press reporter said he witnessed rebels “punching a dozen black men before determining they were innocent migrant workers and releasing them.”
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by cap28: 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
tpia@:

http://www.bet.com/news/global/2011/09/01/libyan-forces-now-persecuting-blacks.html.html

I read the article from the bet link - now i see why a lot of black kids in the western world are totally ignorant of whats going on in the world, BET - its owned by viacom isnt it a white media conglomerate? why would they be interestedin desseminating the truth?
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by pleep(m): 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
I can say with certainty that one of the best things that ever happened in my life is not having cable TV.

Ive watch many black kids get sucked into the vortex of stupidity because of BET.
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by BlackLibya: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2011
I read the article from the bet link - now i see why a lot of black kids in the western world are totally ignorant of whats going on in the world, BET - its owned by viacom isnt it a white media conglomerate? why would they be interestedin desseminating the truth?

I like how he perpetuates the myth that Ghaddafi used mercenaries. These journalists dont do ANY original research!
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by cap28: 11:52am On Sep 04, 2011
more nigerians and ghanaians being arrested and clamped in jail by libyan racists thugs:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Ir4YlVFCk[/flash]
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by thameamead(f): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2011
The "U" in the African Union stands for useless, i called Amensty International last week Wednesday about the killing and imprisonment of innocent black african migrants by Rebels, the scumbag at Amensty was quite rude to me, he asked why African Leaders and African Union were nor speaking out. i told him these atrocities were on youtube and he advised me to get in touch wit the African Leaders, these human rights organistions are pick and mix hypocrites who receive millions of pound from the government and private donors with huge pay packages but do absolute nothing, the Nigerian High Commission here in London were not helpful either, when i called them last Wednesday to voice concerns about these men languishing in Libya with no food or legal advice, i was told there was nothing they could do depite the guy telling me he saw the footage of a Nigerian man being slapped around on the head by the rebels, my husband even offered to draft a letter to the Libyan National Transitional Council which will be signed by the Nigerian Ambasador asking the NTC to speak to the rebels to stop the killing and illegal imprisonment but we were asked for our number and that someone was going to get in contact with us, sadly no one has returned our calls.

GoPetition - save black people in libya,
Re: Libyan Rebels Wary Of Sub-saharan Africans by Yewe2011(m): 5:11am On Sep 08, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Is Dead / South African Lesbians Protest Against Govt / Liberian Elections: Voters Turnout Exceeded 78% In All The Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.