Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note (56321 Views)

World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021 / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona / Lionel Messi Flaunts Tattoo Of His Wife’s Lips Inked Close To His Groin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Badgers14: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2022
drsibz66:

I'm Glad you said it's your opinion and that's fine. But the people who are in charge of football, they creat the rules, they are the ones with the marking scheme and criteria have told you messi was the best player. You cannot be the marker of an Exam when you don't know the marking scheme. Let me give you a small hint. Messi had an impact in all the games Argentina played even the one they lost. It was messi that scored the first goal again mexico in there 2nd group stage match to even give argentines hope. From then on he score or assited in other matches.
Mbappe was poor in the quarter finals and semi.

Read my first post to understand my point.

I am not taking anything away from Messi's greatness in the sport.

The first part of my post was how his supporting cast were not really mentioned at all in the success story. When Messi scored those goals, someone had to pass the ball to him right? Those individuals do get rarely mentioned in stories this..

That's where I said, life is not fair.

On the other part of my write up, I think the goal keeper made many critical saves that won them the title.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
BREAKING: Argentina are considering putting Lionel Messi on their banknotes ��

Officials of their financial governing body are looking to mark their nation’s historic World Cup triumph

Hi
Source- Via El Financiero newspaper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11564393/amp/Lionel-Messis-face-BANKNOTE-Argentinas-Central-Bank.html

Lol...Even with their 90% + inflation
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Badgers14: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2022
Starzo:

Messi is world champion....he's the greatest ever

E go pain you till you die

Why people can't offer their opinions without making fool of themselves is beyond me.

Whether messi won 12 world cups in one year, do I really care? I don't feed him and he definitely doesn't feed me.. why should I be pained of his success??

What I posted here was my opinion, you are free to air your opinion without ridiculing yourself..
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by alobright17(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

ASK HISTORIANS ABOUT THE 1950 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL BETWEEN BRAZIL AND URUGUAY? SO MANY BRAZILIANS COMMITTED SUCIDE. MY BROTHER, ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE THE SAME IF FRANCE HAD WON. THAT WAS A VERY, VERY TENSED MATCH SO FULL OF EMOTIONS. THERE IS FAR MORE TO FOOTBALL IN BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. IT IS MORE THAN JUST A GAME.

That means Fifa in collaboration with Holland and France deliberately missed those Penalty kicks ? or your dull brain didn't factor that when you're typing this Rubbish?

Why all of you are ignoring to add France and Holland as the fraud accomplice since they deliberately delivered the world cup to Messi by telling Argentina kepper where to dive . anything you say or type without adding those 2 teams means you're talking nonsense.

Italy won Euro because England missed PKS and the blame went to Bukayo and co that missed the Pks not Euro organizers , they received threats to life and racial abuse. but when France missed there own PK the blame went to Fifa , what a shame .

Let me ask if to say Holland scored all there pk and Argentina miss one pk which of the team would've qualified?

SO FIFA PRESIDENT IS VAN DYKE AND CO THAT MISSED PK? ode

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Solofresh2: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2022
sukkot:
alright enough of this messi nonsense. angry

am hatin grin
Messi anytime any day lol

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by dj5naira(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2022
GOATed! Oops sorry, noted.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2022
Reinaldo:

Lol...Even with their 90% + inflation
wetin you gain if you don't cry harder.

What's your business with their inflation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2022
alobright17:

That means Fifa in collaboration with Holland and France deliberately missed those Penalty kicks ? or your dull brain didn't factor that when you're typing this Rubbish?

Why all of you are ignoring to add France and Holland as the fraud accomplice since they deliberately delivered the world cup to Messi by telling Argentina kepper where to dive . anything you say or type without adding those 2 teams means you're talking nonsense.

Italy won Euro because England missed PKS and the blame went to Bukayo and co that missed the Pks not Euro organizers , they received threats to life and racial abuse. but when France missed there own PK the blame went to Fifa , what a shame .

Let me ask if to say Holland scored all there pk and Argentina miss one pk which of the team would've qualified?

SO FIFA PRESIDENT IS VAN DYKE AND CO THAT MISSED PK? ode
abi na fifa talk say make Kolo lose this wan too...don't mind those pendulums dem just dey start

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Benbellamor: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Without FIFA's support, Messi with his team will never raise a world cup....
Then always pray for favour and support ....in everything in life you need luck...

Messi was humble, and keep fighting while
Ronaldo was arrogant.

Messi humbleness attracted favor
Ronaldo's arrogance attracts rejection.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by headboyprince(m): 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
nateDZA:

U dey mind this pendulum fans...when Arje was 2-0 up them say na fixed match, FIFA don rigg am for Messiah but when the Africans in France Jersey level up 2-2 e no come be fixed match again... as e enter 3-2 them resume the balablu fixed match carty again & when it was 3-3 story change again

Imagine & all the p.k weh d france boy play, Arje goal keeper follow d right direction even touch the ball, d boy just lucky the keeper no stretch enough to block all hin p.k shots, Shingban e for no see.

tongue their famous line "messi is nothing without Xavi & Iniesta"
Funny them don shift world best title now from Cristy head knack am on top Mba...the latest one now na say make e go win am 3 times like pele weh play during era of very poor officiating, too much wuruwuru & ojoro time weh nobody reason say we fit birth the idea of anything like VAR.

So Pele use ojoro to win 3 world cups?? cheesy I hear .. var that gives cheap penalities for small touch... isn't that wuruwuru cheesy

... In Pele era, no red card, if defender foul you, you get up.

Also No substitutions, if you get injured your team can't replace you..

So you better close your mouth.. grin
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Don27tiky(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
Roboto11:

How many world cups has Ronaldo won?

grin
this question you asked is too tough for pendu fans. It’s like asking jss 1 to answer ss3 question. The questions for Ronaldo fans should be
(I). How World Cup finals has Ronaldo played?
(Ii). How many man of the match and best player in a World Cup has Ronaldo gotten?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by sukkot: 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2022
Solofresh2:
Messi anytime any day lol
shocked grin grin Pessi
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by ccjoe: 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:

Read my first post to understand my point.

I am not taking anything away from Messi's greatness in the sport.

The first part of my post was how his supporting cast were not really mentioned at all in the success story. When Messi scored those goals, someone had to pass the ball to him right? Those individuals do get rarely mentioned in stories this..

That's where I said, life is not fair.

On the other part of my write up, I think the goal keeper made many critical saves that won them the title.
I support messi
...but I agree with u on this a hundred and ten percent...you made sense... Most others who criticize messi don't always come up with a good reasoning layout like yours -which is why i always troll them anyway...truly that argentine keeper tried a lot too, imagine if France scored all their penalties...all in all I think the Argentine team were really hungry and determined for that cup.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by faithfull18(f): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2022
They aren't serious and besides a team won why are they praising one man Can he alone win
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by headboyprince(m): 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
babajero:
if no VAR Argentina goals would have been very many, let's use the match against Saudi Arabia as an example, without VAR all of them would have counted as goals.

With VAR that Maradona's celebrated "hand of god" would have earned him straight Red card and some match ban.

Football was easier in the olden days, now they are playing against Man and technology. In the olden days the penalty awarded to France wouldn't happen.

The way you guys hype this var thing... You easily forget that it was created in just 2018.... And Messi scored a lot of goals and won lots of trophies without it..

Let me also remind you mbappe and halaand started their career with var... While Messi didn't so that means he played a more easier football compared to halland and mbappe .. grin

Maradona scored with hands, that same goal was also replicated by messi grin

So watch your mouth... What goes around comes around.... grin grin grin
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Alfred74: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
sukkot:
shocked grin grin Pessi
penaldo tapnado noworldcupnado grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by guru90: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
Am Speechless!!!
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by guru90: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2022
faithfull18:
They aren't serious and besides a team won why are they praising one man Can he alone win

Am just weak for this Argentina News..... Na only him played pass others...... Rubbish Currency....
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
headboyprince:

The way you guys hype this var thing... You easily forget that it was created in just 2018.... And Messi scored a lot of goals and won lots of trophies without it..

Let me also remind you mbappe and halaand started their career with var... While Messi didn't so that means he played a more easier football compared to halland and mbappe .. grin

Maradona scored with hands, that same goal was also replicated by messi grin

So watch your mouth... What goes around comes around.... grin grin grin
What has mbape and halland achieved compared to Messi?.

Maradona scored it and it stood, please what happened when Messi did same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by valETA1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:

You can always make your point without ridiculing yourself.

Just in the Argentina team alone, I would rate the goal keeper higher than Messi in terms of who was influential and made more impact in this tournament.

For being blind on the torment Messi had put ur teams all tru the tournament, and still have d mind to spew rubbish, may someone else take ur glory Amen.

You'll continue to cry more
Coming from ur pastor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by pacespot(m): 12:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
Do we still have people here comparing pendu with this great man?
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Badgers14: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
valETA1:

For being blind on the torment Messi had put ur teams all tru the tournament, and still have d mind to spew rubbish, may someone else take ur glory Amen.

You'll continue to cry more
Coming from ur pastor.

They have already taken your own glory since.

Dem don buy phone give you, you borrow mb from MTN, now me and you are online throwing jabs abi??
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by dnawah(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
BREAKING: Argentina are considering putting Lionel Messi on their banknotes ��

Officials of their financial governing body are looking to mark their nation’s historic World Cup triumph �

Source- Via El Financiero newspaper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11564393/amp/Lionel-Messis-face-BANKNOTE-Argentinas-Central-Bank.html
the note go get plenty fake,but e go get value well well.e go become legal tender for anything soccer.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by sukkot: 1:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
Alfred74:
penaldo tapnado noworldcupnado grin
grin

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by kizxaxa: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2022
Why won't he win world cup if you know, you know.

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by felzokugo(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......
CR7... Always my GOAT... Messi ....A GOAT too!
It was clear frm d match portugal vs morocco.
Both ref and VAR officials all argentines!
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by headboyprince(m): 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2022
babajero:
What has mbape and halland achieved compared to Messi?.

Maradona scored it and it stood, please what happened when Messi did same.

Boy mbappe and halaand are still young... They had more goals at 21 than Messi and CR7 combined at same age despite playing in var era..

At mbappe and halaand age, they had very little achievement...

And yes Messi goal with his hand in 2007 stood, just like maradona the referee didn't see it..check it up .. grin grin grin

Like I said watch your mouth, so you don't expose too much grin
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Eagba(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:
I am not a Messi fan but I am happy for him.

One thing that is really crazy is, Messi had a good supporting cast that helped him achieve this feat but no one is even mentioning them..

Messi wasn't even the best Argentina player in the squad in this world cup. Their goalkeeper (which I am not his fan either), did make many crucial saves to get them the cup but all we hear is Messi Messi.

In my opinion, Messi was not even the best player of the tournament but they still gave him the award.. although FIfa and whomever their team sponsors are gotta sell some shirts and all but again, life's not fair..
We would have listened to you, but when even the goal keeper is calling Messi's name

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by headboyprince(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2022
babajero:
if no VAR Argentina goals would have been very many, let's use the match against Saudi Arabia as an example, without VAR all of them would have counted as goals.

With VAR that Maradona's celebrated "hand of god" would have earned him straight Red card and some match ban.

Football was easier in the olden days, now they are playing against Man and technology. In the olden days the penalty awarded to France wouldn't happen.
What of all the penalities awarded to Argentinos.. ode, you dodge that one.. grin next world cup, all referees will be robots and ai.

Football will become tougher, and this world cup will be termed too easy...by kids..
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Solofresh2: 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2022
sukkot:
shocked grin grin Pessi
Pendu
Penaldo
Tapnaldo
Pendulum is finished lol
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by phemmyfour: 2:25pm On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......
Drink your tears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Messi Shows Off Scars From Sevilla Star Carlos's Horror Challenge In Training / Everyone Says I Resemble Mikel Obi, Are They Saying The Truth? / Kepa Is Resigned To NEVER Playing For Chelsea Again Ahead Of FA Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.