Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note (56323 Views)

World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021 / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona / Lionel Messi Flaunts Tattoo Of His Wife’s Lips Inked Close To His Groin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by SexyBabe001: 9:09am On Dec 22, 2022
Na wa
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......

This word "urchins" that you use so indiscriminately all the time; have you just encountered it in your Michael West dictionary? When a new saying gets to the land of the uninformed, they lose their heads over it, according to Chinua Achebe.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Aemmyjah(m): 9:10am On Dec 22, 2022
Huge Messi fan
But all this development is something else o

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by paradigmshift(m): 9:11am On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:
I am not a Messi fan but I am happy for him.

One thing that is really crazy is, Messi had a good supporting cast that helped him achieve this feat.

Messi wasn't even the best Argentina player in the squad in this world cup. Their goalkeeper (which I am not his fan either), did make many crucial saves to get them the cup but all we hear is Messi Messi.

In my opinion, Messi was not even the best player of the tournament but they still gave him the award.. although FIfa and whomever their team sponsors are gotta sell some shirts and all but again, life's not fair..
ur comment is full of hate.. who was now the best player in Argentina, aguero I guess .. yeye people

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by lwisee: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......

Go and take a chill pill, Ronaldo is only good at scoring goal, he doesn't work for the goals and he's not a team player.Always sitting in box 18 like a lame duck waiting for ball. He can never be better than Messi grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Maj196(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2022
I just pray Ronaldo doesn't commit suicide

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by yinkeys(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2022
jeromestarks:
I like Messi but I don't envy him.
I do envy the fact that all his dreams on earth came to reality
It’s rare to have that
Worthy of emulation

7 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Harrytimbog(m): 9:15am On Dec 22, 2022
### Best player of his Era ###
Lionel Messi the only player to have won MVP in all football tournaments he has played in for both country and club at least once in the history of football as well as winning each competition at least once cheesy.
Right from U20 (MVP), Copa America young best player, 2X MVP in Copa America, 2X world cup golden ball winner, best player in the club league multiple times, Best player in Uefa champions league multiple times. Make I no talk bout 7 ballon dors, 6 european golden boot, 8 league highest goalscorer + Multiple times IFHHS Playmaker of the year award.
Excellent at freekicks, king of dribbling, too good with key passes...total package. Insane number of assists n man of the match awards…damn. Just mention a player living or alive who has everything or even have close to this combined talent coupled with the discipline to keep it up for over 10 years

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Advancedman(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
BREAKING: Argentina are considering putting Lionel Messi on their banknotes ��

Officials of their financial governing body are looking to mark their nation’s historic World Cup triumph �

Source- Via El Financiero newspaper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11564393/amp/Lionel-Messis-face-BANKNOTE-Argentinas-Central-Bank.html

There are dynamics in life though certain things start with an individual yet its's a team work so as not to kill the spirit of sportsmanship.
Maradona was before him so is great Pele and many others that are before him.
So in my opinion sport don't rule a nation and it's never any arm of government or leadership so the CBN is foolish in imagine that.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by FireUpNow(m): 9:19am On Dec 22, 2022
This is bad news for CR7, no wonder his sister said Qatar 2022 world cup was the worst world cup. I wish Messi can just fly to Portugal to straff her for CR7 to cry more. E choke

4 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by mayor1814: 9:20am On Dec 22, 2022
Ronaldo can't escape seeing d money with Messi face on it. grin

His babe Georgina is an Argentine, so she wud always make use of d money so by extension tapnaldo too grin.

D family of Ronaldo can't unsee d money.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Kirchoffs: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2022
Me I just Dey wonder how penaldo go take pay that him Argentine babe bride price with money way messi Dey grin grin. Ronaldo fit dump that babe sake of say messi win World Cup

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by DenreleDave(m): 9:23am On Dec 22, 2022
they should make sure that currency reaches nigeria so dt we messi fans can use it as legal tender and pepper penaldo fans here grin grin grin
GOFRONT:
Messi himself is a Banknote, he is a money, he is a Currency.......Call him any of the three above.....

Central bank of Argentina should go ahead and print the new currency carrying Loinel Messi's face......Thats the face I want to see all the time and not some old wrinkled face of Papa Isong and Mallam Dan Borno!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Winnin009: 9:26am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Without FIFA's support, Messi with his team will never raise a world cup....

Lol. Even you sef do not believe that but no problem; anything to make you sleep well at night
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Bosch10(m): 9:27am On Dec 22, 2022
Jokerman:
� #Qatar2022 top performers:

⚽ Goals - Mbappe (cool
�️ Assists - Griezmann, Bruno Fernandes, Kane, Perisic and Messi (3)
� Key passes - Griezmann (22)
� Tackles - Hakimi (26)
� Saves - Livakovic (24)
� Dribbles - Mbappe (25)
�️ WS Rating - Messi (8.2

#FIFAWorldCup

So Penalty can make someone now have highest ratings... no more dribbles or key passes again grin
let me enlighten you if you are not sentimental.in all you mentioned, Messi has a name there.
Goals-messi is the second hgs
Assist-he is the highest
Key passes -he is the second in that department
Dribbles-he is the second or third (I stand to be corrected
Most chance creation-he is the one
Most contribution into the box - na Messi.

So you might be wondering why fifa awarded him the golden ball.because he ticks all the boxes.

Ps- you dey shout sey na penalty him dey play.he only scored four,two more than your new Lord mbappe

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nolevel666: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2022
DenreleDave:
they should make sure that currency reaches nigeria so dt we messi fans can use it as legal tender and pepper penaldo fans here grin grin grin

Haba…lol grin grin
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by alabo1: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

ASK HISTORIANS ABOUT THE 1950 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL BETWEEN BRAZIL AND URUGUAY? SO MANY BRAZILIANS COMMITTED SUCIDE. MY BROTHER, ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE THE SAME IF FRANCE HAD WON. THAT WAS A VERY, VERY TENSED MATCH SO FULL OF EMOTIONS. THERE IS FAR MORE TO FOOTBALL IN BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. IT IS MORE THAN JUST A GAME.

it is just a game. 2 decades from now no one will even be discussing this. i did not watch one match in this world cup and lost nothing. i used to be passionate about football but now realise that the two hours spent on a match is better spent playing monopoly with my kids. peace
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Timekeeper452: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Without FIFA's support, Messi with his team will never raise a world cup....
fifa told France to loose a penalty after equalizing? Lol

5 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
I guess na fifa tell Kolo mani to lose that last attemp on purpose, mumu

Cry more
Don't mind PENALDIANS
The entire thing happened so fast
We warned them to stop reminding MESSI of the trophies he hasn't lifted.

Don't ever remind MESSI of Trophies he hasn't lifted Penaldians have been stretched

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 22, 2022
DenreleDave:
I will visit ARGENTINA and convert some dollars into it for MESSI FANS to showcase as their identity. grin cheesy grin

...na just to keep some dollars for the project.

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Harrytimbog(m): 9:31am On Dec 22, 2022
Someone please remind me of any best player / MVP award CR7 won while playing for country. Even if na Portuguese kindergarten team. Even second sef we go manage m
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Bosch10(m): 9:32am On Dec 22, 2022
Kirchoffs:
Me I just Dey wonder how penaldo go take pay that him Argentine babe bride price with money way messi Dey grin grin. Ronaldo fit dump that babe sake of say messi win World Cup
that Ronaldo babe dey matured Wella,na Ronaldo dey think like baby ���

3 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by damosky12(m): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2022
Jokerman:
� #Qatar2022 top performers:

⚽ Goals - Mbappe (cool
�️ Assists - Griezmann, Bruno Fernandes, Kane, Perisic and Messi (3)
� Key passes - Griezmann (22)
� Tackles - Hakimi (26)
� Saves - Livakovic (24)
� Dribbles - Mbappe (25)
�️ WS Rating - Messi (8.25)

#FIFAWorldCup

So Penalty can make someone now have highest ratings... no more dribbles or key passes again grin

Messi had four assists bro!

Don't let hatred blind you.

He had highest chances created, highest assists, dribbles (of course), and key passes. If you'd be sincere, virtually all of Argentina's attacking moves started with him.

He was best overall performer, most assist, and second highest goal scorer...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 22, 2022
Kirchoffs:
cheesy grin
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 9:39am On Dec 22, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Don't mind PENALDIANS
The entire thing happened so fast
We warned them to stop reminding MESSI of the trophies he hasn't lifted.

Don't ever remind MESSI of Trophies he hasn't lifted Penaldians have been stretched
chai e Dey sweet me bro, they are in for a long ride, Dem go cry blood...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Sometimes I wonder why they pick a single player from a club or country to shower praises forgetting that there are players who contributed effortlessly to make the outing a success

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

And the same FIFA official gave France 2 penalties in the final to equalize, or was it FIFA that helped Messi and Argentina fixed the penalties that won them the world cup?

Whether with world cup or no world cup Messi is miles ahead of ronaldo, scoring majority of goals and with tap-ins, penalties and nodding doesn't make you a complete footballer. Modric is way way better than ronaldo and it showed in the last 2 world cups, not talking of Messi who is the definition of a complete footballer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Igboslayer: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2022
Only when you are the God of soccer. I am a former CR 7 fan but right now case closed on goatship when the short man won the World Cup.

Goat CR7 doesn’t have a World Cup medal, no need following the inferior goat, not after what he did to my beloved club ManU.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by KINGS100(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2022
Pls. FIFA PRO MAX. tell us who the best player of the tournament is, and show us your yardstick for choosing the person.

Fifa chose the player with the highest impact per game. I.e. (MOTM) and who also played all the countries game full time and worn a dramatic final match in the tournament.

But you Mr. Fanatic thinks Fifa don't know what they are doing.

Tell us who the player of the tournament is or short the f-up.

Badgers14:
I am not a Messi fan but I am happy for him.

One thing that is really crazy is, Messi had a good supporting cast that helped him achieve this feat.

Messi wasn't even the best Argentina player in the squad in this world cup. Their goalkeeper (which I am not his fan either), did make many crucial saves to get them the cup but all we hear is Messi Messi.

In my opinion, Messi was not even the best player of the tournament but they still gave him the award.. although FIfa and whomever their team sponsors are gotta sell some shirts and all but again, life's not fair..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 22, 2022
The MOST MEDALED ATHELTE ON EARTH is now MESSI followed by Di MARIA.
PENDU may come 4the sef

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by DARLINGTON869(m): 9:45am On Dec 22, 2022
What greater honour.....

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Starzo: 9:46am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Ewu meeehhhh....e go pain una till una die

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Messi Shows Off Scars From Sevilla Star Carlos's Horror Challenge In Training / Everyone Says I Resemble Mikel Obi, Are They Saying The Truth? / Kepa Is Resigned To NEVER Playing For Chelsea Again Ahead Of FA Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.