Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note (56320 Views)

World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021 / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona / Lionel Messi Flaunts Tattoo Of His Wife’s Lips Inked Close To His Groin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AImiron: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Same can be said where you are not favoured
you can do better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Fearyourcreator: 10:21am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......
Show me the reaction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Fearyourcreator: 10:22am On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:
BUT TO BE HONEST IF FRANCE HAD WON THE CUP AFTER SUCH A THRILLING, DRAMATIC MATCH. ALOT IF ARGENTINES WOULD HAVE COMMITTED SUCIDE.
Am telling you ... It really saved a lot of life

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Zooposki(f): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2022
GOFRONT:
Messi himself is a Banknote, he is a money, he is a Currency.......Call him any of the three above.....

Central bank of Argentina should go ahead and print the new currency carrying Loinel Messi's face......Thats the face I want to see all the time and not some old wrinkled face of Papa Isong and Mallam Dan Borno!!!

Black man can’t even form and take care of their own football league. Such a shame. That’s why I applauded the Argentines when I heard they killed all the black men in their country to make it a white society.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Temptee101(m): 10:28am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......

cheesy

This is the wrongest time to be a pendulum fan.

Honestly, I really feel for you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2022
Jokerman:
� #Qatar2022 top performers:

⚽ Goals - Mbappe (cool
�️ Assists - Griezmann, Bruno Fernandes, Kane, Perisic and Messi (3)
� Key passes - Griezmann (22)
� Tackles - Hakimi (26)
� Saves - Livakovic (24)
� Dribbles - Mbappe (25)
�️ WS Rating - Messi (8.25)

#FIFAWorldCup

So Penalty can make someone now have highest ratings... no more dribbles or key passes again grin
So mbape has automatically bacame your new idol now,

mbape used 1 goal to surpass Messi in the world cup thanks to awarded penalties.

Messi is amongst the highest assist, let's not even count all the dangerous passes he gave that gave birth to goals in the tournament, mainly in final match.

At the same time the same Messi scored a hard faught goal that gave them their 3rd goal, at 35 no other player could have done that apart from maybe Modric.

Now you people are crying about penalty forgetting that you are trying to rate Messi and Ronaldo the same place, because of penalties that ronaldo have scored throughout his career 146 and I think he has the record for highest penalties, if I am not mistaken.

Ronaldo became irrelevant today because he has no other play patterns than to score goals, and he forgot that others have to work for the ball before he can score, he was lucky it wasn't PSG that he went to, he would have been frustrated before now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 10:30am On Dec 22, 2022
jeromestarks:
I like Messi but I don't envy him.
Ok, is that all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by jmichael259(m): 10:33am On Dec 22, 2022
jaxxy:

[quote author=AYOMIDE1948 post=119343804]wetin him do wey person neva do b4...winning ordinary jug for his country.
sha carry am come niger make we use am drink garri.
jaxxy:

They don't have sense. Pele who won 3 World cups without ojoro, Brazil no print bank note for him.

Messi who is struggling to win world cup they won't let us hear word.

So world cup is now ordinary jug abi? So why una dey worry say Pele play am 3 times. At least Messi don play 2finals. Wey ur scape goat?
Mbappe also played two world cup finals and won 1gold, 1silver. Maradona 1gold, 1silver. Messi 1gold, 1silver. Zidane 1gold, 1silver.
We also have Pirlo, Torres, Canavaro, Ronaldinho and RONALDO de Lima. Choose your G.O.A.T. wisely and have peace.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Greenback: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2022
grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by drsibz66(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:
I am not a Messi fan but I am happy for him.

One thing that is really crazy is, Messi had a good supporting cast that helped him achieve this feat but no one is even mentioning them..

Messi wasn't even the best Argentina player in the squad in this world cup. Their goalkeeper (which I am not his fan either), did make many crucial saves to get them the cup but all we hear is Messi Messi.

In my opinion, Messi was not even the best player of the tournament but they still gave him the award.. although FIfa and whomever their team sponsors are gotta sell some shirts and all but again, life's not fair..

I'm Glad you said it's your opinion and that's fine. But the people who are in charge of football, they creat the rules, they are the ones with the marking scheme and criteria have told you messi was the best player. You cannot be the marker of an Exam when you don't know the marking scheme. Let me give you a small hint. Messi had an impact in all the games Argentina played even the one they lost. It was messi that scored the first goal again mexico in there 2nd group stage match to even give argentines hope. From then on he score or assited in other matches.
Mbappe was poor in the quarter finals and semi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by teebaxy(m): 10:36am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Without FIFA's support, Messi with his team will never raise a world cup....
Shebi FIFA was not in existence when Saudi Arabia defeated Argentina wotowoto .. I heard that victory was so celebrated that Saudi Government bought each player a brand new car ... But the moment things start turning around for Argentina, we start realizing that it was fifa .... Are you guys so daft?

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
you can do better

What is wailing?

Where is the wailing in my post?

Just asking

Be creative
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Soulsymbol99: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2022
Last I checked the game of football na eleven people. Abi na only am play the ball ni? How will the others feel?
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2022
nateDZA:

U dey mind this pendulum fans...when Arje was 2-0 up them say na fixed match, FIFA don rigg am for Messiah but when the Africans in France Jersey level up 2-2 e no come be fixed match again... as e enter 3-2 them resume the balablu fixed match carty again & when it was 3-3 story change again

Imagine & all the p.k weh d france boy play, Arje goal keeper follow d right direction even touch the ball, d boy just lucky the keeper no stretch enough to block all hin p.k shots, Shingban e for no see.

tongue their famous line "messi is nothing without Xavi & Iniesta"
Funny them don shift world best title now from Cristy head knack am on top Mba...the latest one now na say make e go win am 3 times like pele weh play during era of very poor officiating, too much wuruwuru & ojoro time weh nobody reason say we fit birth the idea of anything like VAR.
if no VAR Argentina goals would have been very many, let's use the match against Saudi Arabia as an example, without VAR all of them would have counted as goals.

With VAR that Maradona's celebrated "hand of god" would have earned him straight Red card and some match ban.

Football was easier in the olden days, now they are playing against Man and technology. In the olden days the penalty awarded to France wouldn't happen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
you can do better

Who told you I never wanted Messi to win?

I was never against Messi winning........is that wailing too?
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by blowjohn(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2022
Roboto11:

Is that why my Morocco beat Portugal mercilessly?

Did u see morroco defence that day
That day showed the most focused and brick walled defence in the world cup.
Defenders that will pass ball around casually under pressure or clear anything clearable.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2022
Soulsymbol99:
Last I checked the game of football na eleven people. Abi na only am play the ball ni? How will the others feel?

Wailing...... according to Messi worshippers.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Streetmovement(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Legend status grin

2 Likes

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by lollybee15(m): 10:47am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

You are a disaster. May God deliver you.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by sirchim(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
cry harder
please ask him if he can trap a football.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2022
sirchim:
please ask him if he can trap a football.

Ask yourself if Messi and I are fighting

Think deeper

You think all non-Messi worshippers hate him

That's pure nonsense
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Sheggy13(m): 11:00am On Dec 22, 2022
Roboto11:

How many world cups has Ronaldo won?

grin
That's going too far. The question you should be asking if Ronaldo has seen what a world cup trophy looks like from close distance - in order words he hasn't even played in the final before, so much for a so-called GOAT of football. At least Messi before winning this came close in 2014 when they lost the final in extra time to Germany through Gotze's goal.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:02am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Oga, answer the question...how many World Cups has Ronaldo won? grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Starzo: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:

Please speak for yourself.

In the Argentina team, EMI Martinez was more influential and had more impact on their success than Messi

Messi is world champion....he's the greatest ever

E go pain you till you die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Starzo: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Messi is flawless to you guys

Why not build a temple and make it official?

Messinity: the worship of Messi.

Non-worshippers are wailers....... yeah.

Your worship of Messi is your cup of wine

Messi is world champion....he is the greatest ever

E go pain una till una die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:05am On Dec 22, 2022
blowjohn:

Did u see morroco defence that day
That day showed the most focused and brick walled defence in the world cup.
Defenders that will pass ball around casually under pressure or clear anything clearable.

I thought they said FIFA told Morroco to beat Portugal so that Messi can be World Cup Champion, how true is that? grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Sheggy13(m): 11:09am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

You're not even ashamed. A player who hasn't been to a world cup final before - who was fighting over a goal that didn't even touch him and scored only a dubious penalty against Ghana in the entire world cup, who even his own national team coach believes he's finished and not good enough to start matches is who you're comparing with a guy that that practically dragged his team across the line to win the world cup bossing every match. He almost did same in 2014 only to lose unluckily to Germany in the final.

As for your last statement about match fixing, it's just so funny. So they'll allow the opponents score 3 goals with 2 penalties and lose to penalty shootout in a fixed match? Are you talking to kids.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by justmondris: 11:21am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Pipe low forever. �����

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by justmondris: 11:22am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

After giving France two penalties in the final?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by blowjohn(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2022
KingOfAmebo:

I thought they said FIFA told Morroco to beat Portugal so that Messi can be World Cup Champion, how true is that? grin grin grin

That one na lie na.

I don't think any team would have scored morroco that day, at least in the first 90 mins.

Sheer 100 perc cent focus in the defence.

And Portugal was attacking like mad
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by alobright17(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Mumu na fifa reaction made Holland and France players to miss there 4 pks

Idiot can you explain that ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by BeanX(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2022
The only GOAT I know of.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Messi Shows Off Scars From Sevilla Star Carlos's Horror Challenge In Training / Everyone Says I Resemble Mikel Obi, Are They Saying The Truth? / Kepa Is Resigned To NEVER Playing For Chelsea Again Ahead Of FA Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.