Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note (56319 Views)

World Cup Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Central African Republic 0 - 1 On 7th Oct 2021 / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona / Lionel Messi Flaunts Tattoo Of His Wife’s Lips Inked Close To His Groin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by phemmyfour: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2022
babajero:
if no VAR Argentina goals would have been very many, let's use the match against Saudi Arabia as an example, without VAR all of them would have counted as goals.

With VAR that Maradona's celebrated "hand of god" would have earned him straight Red card and some match ban.

Football was easier in the olden days, now they are playing against Man and technology. In the olden days the penalty awarded to France wouldn't happen.
Don't mind them

The first three world cups, I don't think the winner played up to five matches to get to the final

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by MyAmericandream(f): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2022
Lamanii22:
When a child is endowed with so much glory….

As in the glory is just too much. The small glory way God bestow on someone village people won’t let you rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by chaloskyx: 3:10pm On Dec 22, 2022
NAAATHATS A BIT TOO MUCH
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2022
Starzo:

Messi is world champion....he is the greatest ever

E go pain una till una die

Who is una?
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Panthera92: 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

Without FIFA's support, Messi with his team will never raise a world cup....
Keep crying
Messi is now a currency
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by OJEEMAH(m): 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:

Read my first post to understand my point.

I am not taking anything away from Messi's greatness in the sport.

The first part of my post was how his supporting cast were not really mentioned at all in the success story. When Messi scored those goals, someone had to pass the ball to him right? Those individuals do get rarely mentioned in stories this..

That's where I said, life is not fair.

On the other part of my write up, I think the goal keeper made many critical saves that won them the title.
Do you realize, Messi contributed 60-70% of the total goals Argentina scored?

When he’s not scoring, he’s playmaking and assisting. This isn’t the first time he’s doing it. He did same in Copa America last year. Out of the 12goals Argentina scored, he was involved in 9….5goals & 4assists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Focusmind: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
AImiron:
I guess na fifa tell Kolo mani to lose that last attemp on purpose, mumu

Cry more

That was a world-class save. If that ball had entered, that would have been the winner.

The experienced keeper went with his leg instead of diving. If he had dived, he would not have stopped the ball. He just spread his left leg to block the shot. See the Argentine guy behind. He already had his hands on his head thinking it had entered. The Argentine keepers in the match against Netherlands and France were superb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 3:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
alobright17:

That means Fifa in collaboration with Holland and France deliberately missed those Penalty kicks ? or your dull brain didn't factor that when you're typing this Rubbish?

Why all of you are ignoring to add France and Holland as the fraud accomplice since they deliberately delivered the world cup to Messi by telling Argentina kepper where to dive . anything you say or type without adding those 2 teams means you're talking nonsense.

Italy won Euro because England missed PKS and the blame went to Bukayo and co that missed the Pks not Euro organizers , they received threats to life and racial abuse. but when France missed there own PK the blame went to Fifa , what a shame .

Let me ask if to say Holland scored all there pk and Argentina miss one pk which of the team would've qualified?

SO FIFA PRESIDENT IS VAN DYKE AND CO THAT MISSED PK? ode

OFF POINT. GO AND READ WHAT I WROTE ALL OVER AGAIN AND TRY TO BE REASONABLE. THERE IS WHERE I HAVE SUGGESTED ALL THE TRASH YOU WROTE UP THERE.

Let me help you. Kindly read below.

Softmirror:
BUT TO BE HONEST IF FRANCE HAD WON THE CUP AFTER SUCH A, DRAMATIC MATCH. ALOT IF ARGENTINES WOULD HAVE COMMITTED SUCIDE.

And then this,
Softmirror:

ASK HISTORIANS ABOUT THE 1950 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL BETWEEN BRAZIL AND URUGUAY? SO MANY BRAZILIANS COMMITTED SUCIDE. MY BROTHER, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME IF FRANCE HAD WON. THAT WAS A VERY, VERY TENSED MATCH SO FULL OF EMOTIONS. THERE IS FAR MORE TO FOOTBALL IN BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. IT IS MORE THAN JUST A GAME.

How does the trash you wrote up there relate to my post.? undecided
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by brownbib(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2022
Well deserved.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
alabo1:

it is just a game. 2 decades from now no one will even be discussing this. i did not watch one match in this world cup and lost nothing. i used to be passionate about football but now realise that the two hours spent on a match is better spent playing monopoly with my kids. peace

ARE YOU A BRAZILIAN NATIONAL, OR AN ARGENTINE?! AM NOT EITHER, BUT STUDIES HAS SHOWN THAT FOOTBALL IS MORE THAN A GAME IN THIS TWO COUNTRIES, FAR MORE THAN JUST A GAME.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Starzo: 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
Badgers14:

Why people can't offer their opinions without making fool of themselves is beyond me.

Whether messi won 12 world cups in one year, do I really care? I don't feed him and he definitely doesn't feed me.. why should I be pained of his success??

What I posted here was my opinion, you are free to air your opinion without ridiculing yourself..
Continue crying...Messi is world champion and the greatest of them all

E go pain you till you die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Timijo(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......
This one still dey wail. Accept the reality and move on. I don't even know how some of you reason. If the outcome of an event does not favour you, it becomes rigging just to badmouth it. Tell me, shey na FIFA play the penalties for France? How do you Ronaldo's fans even reason? Na WA ooo.

Anyway, good afternoon to all Messi's fans.
If Ronaldo's fans want my greeting make una tell am to win world cup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by blueAgent(m): 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2022
babajero:
And the same FIFA official gave France 2 penalties in the final to equalize, or was it FIFA that helped Messi and Argentina fixed the penalties that won them the world cup?

Whether with world cup or no world cup Messi is miles ahead of ronaldo, scoring majority of goals and with tap-ins, penalties and nodding doesn't make you a complete footballer. Modric is way way better than ronaldo and it showed in the last 2 world cups, not talking of Messi who is the definition of a complete footballer.

So true.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by NIGERDELTAIDOL: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
Madness
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by blueAgent(m): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
Sheggy13:

That's going too far. The question you should be asking if Ronaldo has seen what a world cup trophy looks like from close distance - in order words he hasn't even played in the final before, so much for a so-called GOAT of football. At least Messi before winning this came close in 2014 when they lost the final in extra time to Germany through Gotze's goal.

So true.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by blueAgent(m): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2022
kizxaxa:
Why won't he win world cup if you know, you know.

For your mind?

There is no triangle, just eyes.

Try harder.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by luluman: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:
Again, CR7 is way better than Messi and I won't even bother wasting my time with urchins quoting me...

FIFA president's reaction when France scored tell alot about the fixing of all Argentina's games......
Bros you get problem o: will you tell Argentines to put his pic on their note? Go to your CR7 country and tell them instead.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Banbanna(m): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

ASK HISTORIANS ABOUT THE 1950 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL BETWEEN BRAZIL AND URUGUAY? SO MANY BRAZILIANS COMMITTED SUCIDE. MY BROTHER, ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME IF FRANCE HAD WON. THAT WAS A VERY, VERY TENSED MATCH SO FULL OF EMOTIONS. THERE IS FAR MORE TO FOOTBALL IN BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. IT IS MORE THAN JUST A GAME.

Dude, football in South Amer, especially that Argentina is like a matter of life and death. They worship football as a god. If you've watched the intense crazy rivalry between Boca juniors and River plate, you'd know what am talking about. Messi & co winning the WC, really saved their country from mass chronic depression.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by alabo1: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

ARE YOU A BRAZILIAN NATIONAL, OR AN ARGENTINE?! AM NOT EITHER, BUT STUDIES HAS SHOWN THAT FOOTBALL IS MORE THAN A GAME IN THIS TWO COUNTRIES, FAR MORE THAN JUST A GAME.

Good for them. Just my two cents
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
Banbanna:

Dude, football in South Amer, especially that Argentina is like a matter of life and death. They worship football as a god. If you've watched the intense crazy rivalry between Boca juniors and River plate, you'd know what am talking about. Messi & co winning the WC, really saved their country from mass chronic depression.

YOU ARE VERY ENLIGHTENED. THAT WIN SAVED ARGENTINA, IT WAS A DO OR DIE. IT MATTERED SO MUCH TO FRANCE TOO, BUT NOT AS INTENSE AS ARGENTINA. EVEN THOUGH, IT WILL HAVE PAVED WAY FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF A BACK TO BACK WORLD CUP WITH MBAPPE COMING CLOSER TO BEATING PELE'S RECORD. PELE A YOUNG LAD AT 17 WON HIS FIRST WORLD CUP, THEN THE NEXT AT 21. LOST THE THIRD TIME THEN WON THE FOURTH MBAPPE WON HIS FIRST AT 18. A RARE OPPORTUNITY AT THE SECOND FINAL WHICH HE SCORED A HATTRICK BUT THAT WAS ALL..

THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL TO BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. PELE DID SAY, THE FIRST TIME HE EVER SAW HIS DAD CRY WAS WHEN BRAZIL LOST TO URUGUAY IN THE 1950 FINALS. I THINK PELE WAS JUST 10 YEARS OLD THEN. HIS DAD CRIED LIKE A BABY, WHILE A GOOD NUMBER COMMITED SUICIDE.

SUCH WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CASE IF ARGENTINA HAD LOST. NO DOUBT.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Truvelisback(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2022
E go fit am. They should do that quickly.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2022
headboyprince:

What of all the penalities awarded to Argentinos.. ode, you dodge that one.. grin next world cup, all referees will be robots and ai.

Football will become tougher, and this world cup will be termed too easy...by kids..

Please tell me any one match that Argentina would have lost without penalty?
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Banbanna(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

YOU ARE VERY ENLIGHTENED. THAT WIN SAVED ARGENTINA, IT WAS A DO OR DIE. IT MATTERED SO MUCH TO FRANCE TOO, BUT NOT AS INTENSE AS ARGENTINA. EVEN THOUGH, IT WILL HAVE PAVED WAY FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF A BACK TO BACK WORLD CUP WITH MBAPPE COMING CLOSER TO BEATING PELE'S RECORD. PELE A YOUNG LAD AT 17 WON HIS FIRST WORLD CUP, THEN THE NEXT AT 21. LOST THE THIRD TIME THEN WON THE FOURTH MBAPPE WON HIS FIRST AT 18. A RARE OPPORTUNITY AT TTGE SECOND FINAL WHICH HE SCORED A HATTRICK BUT THAT WAS ALL..

THERE IS MORE TO FOOTBALL TO BOTH BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA. PELE DID SAY, THE FIRST TIME HE EVER SAW HIS DAD CRY WAS WHEN BRAZIL LOST TO URUGUAY IN THE 1950 FINALS. I THINK PELE WAS JUST 10 YEARS OLD THEN. HIS DAD CRIED LIKE A BABY, WHILE A GOOD NUMBER COMMITED SUICIDE.

SUCH WOULD HAVE BEEN THE CASE IF ARGENTINA HAD LOST. NO DOUBT.

With Pele winning three WCs, still most people are now busy appraising Messi as the greatest in football history. I think the Messimania is getting out of hand. The guy's a great player, but certainly not the greatest.

Oliseh touted Pele as the greatest ever because of his trio WCs triumphs, most Messimaniacs in NL were deriding the man. I just felt sorry for their sentimental attachment. No sense of objectivity at all.

Heard a BBC journalist asking an Argentinian fan who's greater btw Messi & Maradona. She couldn't chose either one. She simply said that they shouldn't be compared. That we should rather enjoy them.
So this whole GOAT thing is so sensational. It saves us needless argument, if we'd say a player is the best of a generation rather than the greatest ever. If anything, Pele is rather the closest person to that.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by alobright17(m): 6:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

OFF POINT. GO AND READ WHAT I WROTE ALL OVER AGAIN AND TRY TO BE REASONABLE. THERE IS WHERE I HAVE SUGGESTED ALL THE TRASH YOU WROTE UP THERE.

Let me help you. Kindly read below.

And then this,

How does the trash you wrote up there relate to my post.? undecided

Such a senseless human.

What at all is all these If If?

Mumu why not ask your yeye self if Holland and France deliberately missed those pks because of the stupid reason you cited?

So because of this your baseless excus that's why France, Australia and Holland missed sure die minutes goals that would've sent Argentina parking,

Mumu historian never talk about plane crashes auto crashes does it stop the world from using those means of transportation?

You're such hateful and frustrated bingo.

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by babajero(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2022
headboyprince:

Boy mbappe and halaand are still young... They had more goals at 21 than Messi and CR7 combined at same age despite playing in var era..

At mbappe and halaand age, they had very little achievement...

And yes Messi goal with his hand in 2007 stood, just like maradona the referee didn't see it..check it up .. grin grin grin

Like I said watch your mouth, so you don't expose too much grin
This is where you people get it all wrong, goals only doesn't make someone a better player, if not ronaldo would have been the king of the world with all his goals. Both mbape and halland are making the same mistake ronaldo made focusing on only scoring goals forgetting about the playmaking, even at Messi's age he can't be benched for mbape or halland, because he is a complete footballer. At mbape and halland age Messi have already carried the champions league, la liga, copa de rey, and also won World best/balon d'or.

For over a decade now Messi has maintained goal scoring ability, assist ability, playmaking ability, dribbling ability, passing ability. He is just a complete player.
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2022
alobright17:

Such a senseless human.

What at all is all these If If?

Mumu why not ask your yeye self if Holland and France deliberately missed those pks because of the stupid reason you cited?

So because of this your baseless excus that's why France, Australia and Holland missed sure die minutes goals that would've sent Argentina parking,

Mumu historian never talk about plane crashes auto crashes does it stop the world from using those means of transportation?

You're such hateful and frustrated bingo.

LOL, HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU FAIL ENGLISH WHILE WRITING JAMB AND WAEC grin grin grin. WHERE DID ALL OF THIS YOUR LINE OF THINKING PROP FROM. FUNNY DUDE. GO AND READ MY COMMENT AGAIN. IT HAS NOTHING TI DO WITH ALL THE TRASH YIU HAVE WRITTEN.

grin
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by alobright17(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2022
Softmirror:

LOL, HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU FAIL ENGLISH WHILE WRITING JAMB AND WAEC grin grin grin. WHERE DID ALL OF THIS YOUR LINE OF THINKING PROP FROM. FUNNY DUDE. GO AND READ MY COMMENT AGAIN. IT HAS NOTHING TI DO WITH ALL THE TRASH YIU HAVE WRITTEN.

grin

It’s obvious you don’t even understand what you wrote , I bet to suggest that must be a copy and paste then .
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by lichocho(m): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2022
JASONjnr:

cryyyyyy
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by sukkot: 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2022
Solofresh2:
Pendu
Penaldo
Tapnaldo
Pendulum is finished lol
grin

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by Softmirror: 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
alobright17:

It’s obvious you don’t even understand what you wrote , I bet to suggest that must be a copy and paste then .

grin

BUT TO BE HONEST IF FRANCE HAD WON THE CUP AFTER SUCH A THRILLING, DRAMATIC MATCH. ALOT OF ARGENTINES WOULD HAVE COMMITTED SUCIDE.

And this lol

Softmirror:

And then you responded completely off point Oga alobright17

1 Like

Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by AYOMIDE1948(m): 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2022
[quote author=jmichael259 post=119344823][/quote] dnt bite me pls
Re: Argentina's Central Bank Is Considering A Lionel Messi Bank Note by lailo: 10:41pm On Dec 22, 2022
calmness0:
And the legend Diego Maradona will be put on cheaqe undecided
Shebi Maradona brought 3 world cups to Argentina? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Messi Shows Off Scars From Sevilla Star Carlos's Horror Challenge In Training / Everyone Says I Resemble Mikel Obi, Are They Saying The Truth? / Kepa Is Resigned To NEVER Playing For Chelsea Again Ahead Of FA Cup Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.