Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,352 members, 7,843,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (50030 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
I feel people should just define , dia main objective of japa …

If it because of the money , Before you carry that 8 million naira you made here for UK student visa … ask yourself, that thing that gave you 8 million naira in the first place, can’t you expand it ?

Secondly, if it for your unborn child ,you can still Make your money here and still send your wife to give birth in Germany or Canada or any country that still allow “citizenship by birth” stuff …many Igbo business men do this.

That way , your unborn child is a citizen of that country.

I’m never in support of carrying millions of naira , all in the name of “japa for your unborn children” lol

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
michlins:
sometimes, it's not the person you sent. Filing stations deliberately buy bunkering diesel
All too nah Nigerians grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by IbeOkehie: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

I know two pharmacy owners in person in PHC, one at Choba in a plaza opposit Uniport and the other on the east west road Alkiah opp Uniport law building, they both sold their pharmacy reason. The Pharmacist employed who also doubled as the manager, was helping himself out and killed the business as he dont mind, he ha no overhead.

NB £15 to buy SIM card, what year was that Plz?

Thank you.

Like I wrote earlier, I'm a pharmacist. I investigated pharmacy from all angles before moving back to Nigeria from the USA in 2011. Pharmacy is NOT a high return business in Nigeria for 99.99% of those doing it. I know people who went into the business and they failed, just like I failed in my own pursuits in Nigeria. Nigeria is a terrible place to do business. It's over regulated, government has too much control.

It's very difficult to earn enough in Nigeria to live a good middle class lifestyle.....own a car, own a home, live in a house with good and reliable water and energy source, attend quality schools, good healthcare. Most, a significant majority of, people living well in Nigeria are benefiting from remittances from relatives abroad. Go to your village or State capital and count houses built in the last 20 years or think about people in your Nigerian social circle that own cars. Once you sit down and do the research, analyze your own experience and observations and think things through, you will come to the same conclusion - most Nigerians living well are sustained by remittances.

Nigeria is a VERY POOR country. Everyone knows this but pride understandably gets in the way of rational thinking. That's how Nigerians thought their government has endless money to sustain fuel subsidy and free university education, well now they're bumping up against hard facts. The whole situation is sad but the solution is very simple. Until Nigerians, from the lowliest hawker to the Presidency, learn to appreciate truth & facts, they will continue to suffer.

Uzomarrr12345:
I feel people should just define , dia main objective of japa …

If it because of the money , Before you carry that 8 million naira you made here for UK student visa … ask yourself, that thing that gave you 8 million naira in the first place, can’t you expand it ?

Secondly, if it for your unborn child ,you can still Make your money here and still send your wife to give birth in Germany or Canada or any country that still allow “citizenship by birth” stuff …many Igbo business men do this.

That way , your unborn child is a citizen of that country.

I’m never in support of carrying millions of naira , all in the name of “japa for your unborn children” lol

The problem with accumulating money in Nigeria is inflation. Economic policies make it difficult for the currency to function as a store of value. This is a real problem, you will understand it more if you know about such things as the yield curve and other macroeconomic principles. Nigeria has ALWAYS had a negative yield curve. You can Google to know the implications of that. In fact that is one of the things that convinced me Nigeria is a hopeless case, the GOVERNMENT POLICIES that sustain the negative yield curve are POPULAR among the Nigerian people. So it's hard to change course.

When I left Nigeria under Abacha the naira was at 4.5 to $1. That should give you some appreciation of the issue. I can directly compare the cost and price appreciation of houses in both the USA and Nigeria, from personal experience. One fellow Igbo man I know in London bought multiple properties in a modern Estate in Lagos. After a few years he realized it was a loss, even if the prices were going up in naira, inflation was eating it all up. He was lucky to sell them off. Go to Lekki, Magodo and VGC in Lagos or Abuja and see how many FOR SALE signs are hanging on so many buildings for so many years, nobody buying.

Bottom line, the 20 or 400 million in naira or property anyone owns in Nigeria is at risk of severe depreciation. It's a pure economic risk analysis, even if people don't realize that's what they're doing.

Have a good day.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

Bross just talk the ones you know 1st hand leave the others you nor know, childcare and others you mention get ways round am, as You dey bet light for 9ja na so sharp men here dey beat light, you nor know say men dey import thier mama to come help look after kids for UK?
As for tax you score zero over hundred U nor know concern leave that topic too. to me £20 is to me the way N1k is to you, my pikin pocket money in a week nah £30 from me and mayb £15 from Mum.

Let’s do it this way …

I will name all my Billings here in Nigeria monthly … do yours too

-ELETRICITY = #3,000
-TAX. = #0
-FOOD. = #50,000
-CAR INS. =#0
-GAS BILL. =#0 (I dey chop outside mostly)
-COUNCIL. =#0
-MARKET tax =#3,500 (Idumota)
-HAIR CUT. =#500
-RENT. =#33,000 (400k per year)

Total = #86,000 (£109 pounds)

This is rough estimate expenses of someone who sells drugs and make almost a mill monthly …

Give me your own monthly expenses , let see how far grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Gemma11: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Lmao …

Are you guys aware some businesses in Nigeria fetches over 1 mill a month without much stress.

Ask for any Bet9ja mega shop in your area , ask the manager how much that shop Rakes in every month …

Or Ask standard pharmacy owners , how much they make in profit every month… lol … you will be surprised, now imagine if he has more than 1 pharmacy store …

I’m telling you , many businesses are making over 1 million naira in profits, and they are not even paying tax wey pass 5k.

I remember when my sister arrived Scotland, and she told me , it cost her £15 pounds to buy just a SIM card … I was like WTF … 12,000 naira for sim card.

Critical thinking skills need to be applied here.

Why are you comparing what a buiness earns in a month to what someone receieves in their hand, tax and overhead free?

Businesses are liable to pay wages, pay for new stock, overheards, rent and energy bills etc.

Someone receiving half a million naira in their hand from a relative abroad does not have those types of business expenses

Also £15 for a sim card is cheap as it is one-off cost which keeps you connected. One can even use free data which many organisations make available without having to worry about buying data every so often.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gemma11:

Critical thinking skills need to be applied here.

Why are you comparing what a buiness earns in a month to what someone receieves in their hand, tax and overhead free?

Businesses are liable to pay wages, pay for new stock, overheards, rent and energy bills etc.

Someone receiving half a million naira in their hand from a relative abroad does not have those types of business expenses

Also £15 for a sim card is cheap as it is one-off cost which keeps you connected. One can even use free data which many organisations make available without having to worry about buying data every so often.
There is a reason why Apple , American company prefers dia production to be in CHINA … CHEAP LABOUR

Seriously, the loopholes in this country favours some businesses , that is why Chinese and Indians are bringing dia businesses here

Tell them how much water cost in the UK grin

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Let’s do it this way …

-ELETRICITY = #3,000
-TAX. = #0
-FOOD. = #50,000
-CAR INS. =#0
-COUNCIL. =#0
-HAIR CUT. =#500

This is rough estimate expenses of someone who sells drugs and make almost a mill monthly …

Where do you live please? I pay over 20k and theres no electricity and I still spend over 30k on fuel weekly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Let’s do it this way …

-ELETRICITY = #3,000
-TAX. = #0
-FOOD. = #50,000
-CAR INS. =#0
-COUNCIL. =#0
-HAIR CUT. =#500

just do xxxx 10 raise to power 2 to get the UK equivalent. While the new York own na x 20 .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Where do you live please? I pay over 20k and theres no electricity and I still spend over 30k on fuel weekly.
3k monthly on prepaid meter .

I’m a bachelor
I ply my trade at Idumota
I come home at night

This means , I hardly use the electricity self .
So do your calculations, it not by where you reside .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

get a prepaid metre 3 phase na 80k 1 phase na 65 k and .30k per week for fuel .You be uber driver ? That over 150 litres per week which can cover 1500km .So you drive over 4500 km per month. Weldone sir .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

How can you consume 20k worth of energy and still spend 30k weekly on fuel?

HOW ?

Are you manufacturing Something in your palour or what ?

I don’t get bro !

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
get a prepaid metre 3 phase na 80k 1 phase na 65 k and .30k per week for fuel .You be uber driver ? That over 150 litres per week which can cover 1500km .So you drive over 4500 km per month. Weldone sir .

I work from home and I work up to 16 hours a day.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Johnchrix(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Boss How then do u have time to reply mentions on nairaland always
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
Johnchrix:
Boss How then do u have time to reply mentions on nairaland always

Nairaland is for relaxation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 3:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

na to buy inventer and solar panels na save cost .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Thank you.

Like I wrote earlier, I'm a pharmacist. I investigated pharmacy from all angles before moving back to Nigeria from the USA in 2011. they're doing.

Have a good day.
There is a difference between a pharmacist and a business man into the medicine business.

Not everything is taught in the classroom or doing your research online…

If you claim your drug business failed in Nigeria, then I can categorically tell you , business is not your calling .

You will find more multi-millionaires in drug business than any other field minus politics and oil.

In a country of over 220 million people living , high rate of malaria and other illness , Drug business can’t even think of dying except it wasn’t managed properly .

The mark-up gains in drug business is so high ,you’ll buy ciproflaxcin from suppliers at rate of #200, then sell for about #1,200 … omo , make I no talk too much . grin

If you be sharp-guy , you go know say ‘Money Dey this country’

Anywhere there is problem and population, there is money … Ask the Chinese and Indians in Nigeria.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by IbeOkehie: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

There is a difference between a pharmacist and a business man into the medicine business.

Not everything is taught in the classroom or doing your research online…

If you claim your drug business failed in Nigeria, then I can categorically tell you , business is not your calling .

You will find more multi-millionaires in drug business than any other field minus politics and oil.

In a country of over 220 million people living , high rate of malaria and other illness , Drug business can’t even think of dying except it wasn’t managed properly .

The mark-up gains in drug business is so high ,you’ll buy ciproflaxcin from suppliers at rate of #200, then sell for about #1,200 … omo , make I no talk too much . grin

I know all about the non existent profits in Nigerian pharmacy....from FAKE and SUBSTANDARD medications. There's NOTHING you can tell me about pharmacy, you chose the wrong business to use for your LIES. Most businesses in the Nigerian pharmacy industry make very little profit. That's just the facts, no matter how good a business person you are, the MACRO-ECONOMICS will dictate a poor outcome for the vast majority of industry participants....whether pharmacy, building materials, restaurants, manufacturing clothes or packaged goods. The Nigerian economy is in deep stagnation and has been that way for DECADES.

You're just another hateful and frustrated Nigerian who can't get a visa to escape the misery in that country. You're here to stir up people and make them feel bad. Unfortunately for you the REALITIES of the situation are too well known and visible. No reasonable person can spew all this your nonsense.

Like I said, President Buhari and his family have lived in UK and Spain for over 40 years. He's a real person, you're an anonymous rankoteur on Nairaland.

Case closed. Save your data, your suffering continues.

Goodbye!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by emmaodet: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

30k per week equals 120k per month.

With 3 months money of 360k, you can set up a 200ah battery, 2k a inverter and 2 solar panels thereby writing off gen usage.

I think you should give it a thought
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
emmaodet:

30k per week equals 120k per month.

With 3 months money of 360k, you can set up a 200ah battery, 2k a inverter and 2 solar panels thereby writing off gen usage.

I think you should give it a thought

I get solar forget the hype na 6 hours max I dey get from am.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by emmaodet: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I get solar forget the hype na 6 hours max I dey get from am.

Well, I use solar too with 2 panels, 1 X 200ah and 1.5k a inverter and it gives me Atleast 14 hours light when full for a total of 120 watt per hour - tv 60w, bulbs 30w, Dstv 15/20w, solar fan 15w.

So I don’t know you battery capacity or your power consumption.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
emmaodet:

Well, I use solar too with 2 panels, 1 X 200ah and 1.5k a inverter and it gives me Atleast 14 hours light when full for a total of 120 watt per hour - tv 60w, bulbs 30w, Dstv 15/20w, solar fan 15w.

So I don’t know you battery capacity or your power consumption.

Just my laptop. I think you were lucky to get a genuine person. I think I was scammed lol.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by emmaodet: 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Just my laptop. I think you were lucky to get a genuine person. I think I was scammed lol.

Probably
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
IbeOkehie:

I know all about the non existent profits in Nigerian pharmacy....from FAKE and SUBSTANDARD medications. There's NOTHING you can tell me about pharmacy, you chose the wrong business to use for your LIES. Most businesses in the Nigerian pharmacy industry make very little profit. That's just the facts, no matter how good a business person you are, the MACRO-ECONOMICS will dictate a poor outcome for the vast majority of industry participants....whether pharmacy, building materials, restaurants, manufacturing clothes or packaged goods. The Nigerian economy is in deep stagnation and has been that way for DECADES.

You're just another hateful and frustrated Nigerian who can't get a visa to escape the misery in that country. You're here to stir up people and make them feel bad. Unfortunately for you the REALITIES of the situation are too well known and visible. No reasonable person can spew all this your nonsense.

Like I said, President Buhari and his family have lived in UK and Spain for over 40 years. He's a real person, you're an anonymous rankoteur on Nairaland.

Goodbye!
Lmao !

I laffed so hard … lmao

Where on earth did you operate your Pharmacy ,that you claim you didn’t make profit .

This is my first time I’m hearing someone say there’s no money in pharmacy business in Nigeria … I’m still laffing hard as I’m typing .

Like I said , business is not for everyone, continue flipping burgers at McDonald’s grin grin grin

Once again, remember “Where there is problem and population, there is money”

If you know , you know !

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
IbeOkehie:

Goodbye!
wetin concern pharmaceutical trader with this big grammar! Macro this and that! All the pharma traders I know are multi millionaires they even make more money than oil gas traders and own must of the hotel spring up in sabon garri kano and all those huge Buildings spring up in new enugu area are owned by them ! You are a failed pharm entrepreneur ! Cos of big grammar and bpharm degree! He talking of whole sale drug markets not opening shining pharmacy inside shoprite. Instead of you to calm down a learn what happing in drug markets in trade fair and see the real money ! The man that paid evan the kidnapper 400 ,000 euro is a drug trader ! What you should do is get a franchised of a drug from America or India and be the accredited dealer in Nigeria. That the money or be a main dealer e
Where pharmacies and chemist come to buy in bulk . Assad pharmaceutical makes a syrup ulcer and heart burn and make million daily. Infact during the Muslim fast sales exceed 400m .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Lmao !

I laffed so hard … lmao

Where on earth did you operate your Pharmacy ,that you claim you didn’t make profit .

This is my first time I’m hearing someone say there’s no money in pharmacy business in Nigeria … I’m still laffing hard as I’m typing .

Like I said , business is not for everyone, continue flipping burgers at McDonald’s grin grin grin

Once again, remember “Where there is problem and population, there is money”

If you know , you know !
no tenacity and big grammar that the problem! We are talking of trading drug in markets whole sale drug markets not opening shining pharmacy! Even pharmacy are making it ( non bother dey price drug) health plus, medplus are all making it .health plus even got 40 m USD from a venture capital ! Welcare pharmacy . Make sale Notting less than 5 million daily. Free the Google all this name .the Kanawa drug markets is recently commsion by kano state governor .a multi billion drug markets the over 800 stall ! Major dealers can literally buy 500 k USD house without any morgate in america without loan. Mozida hotel and suit and club is also owned by a pharm trader. Royal place hotel drug trader. European centre This are young igbo guys with investment in excess of 1 million USD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
You stay endless in the cold in america doing per hour job and watching CNN and social media telling you at Nigeria has collapse no hope ! So who is emirate carrying from Nigeria with 21 slot weekly .How did 63000 Nigeria raised million of pounds to school in the UK , who is importing 2 bn USD tokunbo car from America, wealth 1bn usd drug 1.5 bn USD phone 600 m USD. No be same Nigerian economy that japarian say it dead ! The lekki deep sea port! If Najia is dead why will south Korea invest 2 bn USD in lekki deep sea port?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 5:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
How 33000 Nigerians paid 300 m pounds(150bn ) to JAPA to the UK . So how can you have such money in a dead and collapse economy . Somalians or Ethiopians wan try am !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by IbeOkehie: 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
wetin concern pharmaceutical trader with this big grammar! Macro this and that! All the pharma traders I know are multi millionaires they even make more money than oil gas traders and own must of the hotel spring up in sabon garri kano and all those huge Buildings spring up in new enugu area are owned by them ! You are a failed pharm entrepreneur ! Cos of big grammar and bpharm degree! He talking of whole sale drug markets not opening shining pharmacy inside shoprite. Instead of you to calm down a learn what happing in drug markets in trade fair and see the real money ! The man that paid evan the kidnapper 400 ,000 euro is a drug trader ! What you should do is get a franchised of a drug from America or India and be the accredited dealer in Nigeria. That the money or be a main dealer e
Where pharmacies and chemist come to buy in bulk . Assad pharmaceutical makes a syrup ulcer and heart burn and make million daily. Infact during the Muslim fast sales exceed 400m .

All this business success in Nigeria and yet unemployment is 33%. All this prosperity, yet open defecation is the norm in Nigeria. All this effizy and your universities are closed for 8 months and there's petrol scarcity in the midst of huge crude oil reserves...and yet people are making BILLIONS and BILLIONS, making $20K/month is just as easy as snapping a finger. Why you feel the need to make up all this fake prosperity, I don't know.

Your disdain for economic data and research is part of why Nigeria is the way it is. That's why most Nigerians voted for a President that told them fuel subsidies don't exist, even your highly educated Vice President repeated same lie in 2019 in the elections debates. Most Nigerians are exactly like you, from street hawker to President....which guarantees your country will remain economically, socially and politically depressed for decades to come. I wish it would be different, but the facts are what they are.

Enjoy your Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
IbeOkehie:

All this business success in Nigeria and yet unemployment is 33%. All this prosperity, yet open defecation is the norm in Nigeria. All this effizy and your universities are closed for 8 months and there's petrol scarcity in the midst of huge crude oil reserves...and yet people are making BILLIONS and BILLIONS, making $20K/month is just as easy as snapping a finger.

Your disdain for economic data and research is part of why Nigeria is the way it is. That's why most Nigerians voted for a President that told them fuel subsidies don't exist, even your highly educated Vice President repeated same lie in 2019 in the elections debates. Most Nigerians are exactly like you, from street hawker to President....which guarantees your country will remain economically, socially and politically depressed for decades to come. I wish it would be different, but the facts are what they are.

Enjoy your Nigeria.
failed entrepreneur you better gather all those per hours USD come learn busines for trade fair u need to drop the bpharm mentality ! You can start as an apprentice to a Major dealer ( drop pride) do chap get money and asset than most japarian , they since you carry USD capital land and go school 6 month is ok for you to learn the ropes of the business .Even Harvard university no fit teach you this ropes ! But you that have all the correct Data with big data analysis and predictive since FAIL woefully in Nigeria small boy with ssce Chop you. The data didn't tell you Abi .enjoy your brutal winter and frost bites cheers

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
IbeOkehie:

All this business success in Nigeria and yet unemployment is 33%. All this prosperity, yet open defecation is the norm in Nigeria. All this effizy and your universities are closed for 8 months and there's petrol scarcity in the midst of huge crude oil reserves...and yet people are making BILLIONS and BILLIONS, making $20K/month is just as easy as snapping a finger.

Enjoy your Nigeria.
let the tell you a story .tiger brand south Africa after all big grammar and big data analysis bought dangote flour for 400m usd. Run the company aground with all those big grammar 2 bn Naira lost for 5 years continue. Sold the firm back to dangote for peanut to reduce losses . Dangote bring no big grammar and suit employees .company return to profit of 5bn a year later .YOU need Native sense to enter any business for Nigeria and sold to olam for 800 m USD.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by IbeOkehie: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
failed entrepreneur you better gather all those per hours USD come learn busines for trade fair u need to drop the bpharm mentality ! You can start as an apprentice to a Major dealer ( drop pride) do chap get money and asset than most japarian , they since you carry USD capital land and go school 6 month is ok for you to learn the ropes of the business .Even Harvard university no fit teach you this ropes ! But you that have all the correct Data with big data analysis and predictive since FAIL woefully in Nigeria small boy with ssce Chop you. The data didn't tell you Abi .enjoy your brutal winter and frost bites cheers

That's why Exxon Mobil and Shoprite closed their retail businesses in Nigeria.

That's why mass migration is a very hot topic on Nairaland.

Nobody, least of all myself, have said that there's ZERO possibility of business success in Nigeria. What I have said is that the chances of achieving the globally rated middle class lifestyle is very small, whether as employee or business owner. Conditions make it such that 99.95% of the population are living in poverty.

Also, most of the top CEO's of publicly traded companies are Europeans or Asians, so it seems Nigerians can't even compete well in their own homeland.

Yes I tried to succeed in Nigeria and failed. I lost over $200K. I wish I had listened to those who warned me at the time. I've done what Exxon Mobile and Shoprite and Michelin and millions of rational Nigerians have done, I left the place.

What have you tried? You can go and make the BILLIONS from your one room face-me-I-slap you in Mushin or wherever you are in Nigeria.

Bye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

A Photo Thread Of My Relocation / Camels Swim In The Ocean As They Migrate (Video) / Man Celebrates As His Wife Walked Out Of This Ghastly Accident Alive Today(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.