Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49644 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 7:33am On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
That is thisame question i was about to ask, they don't know that 60k pounds annually is nothing to write home about. Nigerians need to learn that it is not as easy as their think.

I’m actually even thinking of hopefully see if I can relocate to Australia or Canada through a big four brand. I don’t like UK heard things are too expensive there. At least you can still save more in the other countries

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
probably doesn’t have 100k naira in his account

Felt a little bad with this comment from you, I mean I was asking advise from you. You’ve been there reason I’m asking. I’ve been to Reddit and saw people complaining a bit, I never said 60k was small so I don’t know how “I don’t have 100k in my account” came up. I only said don’t you think it is small and how much do people save from that, which you perfectly answered by mentioning it is a big man money in the UK and I now got to understand that, simple, but then your opinion anyway.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2022
Ifakiland:

No mind the werey.....him dey call 60k pounds per year small smh

Chief, no need to insult me. You could have guided me, I don’t know Jack about the standard of living and pay over there. I’m starting a career here in naija that will facilitate my japa to the UK so I was just asking.

Why are you people like this, any little thing insult. Life is not that hard chief.......

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Spanishmilf(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

I’m actually even thinking of hopefully see if I can relocate to Australia or Canada through a big four brand. I don’t like UK heard things are too expensive there. At least you can still save more in the other countries
you heard
Take advice from people who are in the Uk or people who has travel experiences
You are taking advice from anti-japa who has been denied multiple times
Uk immigration is kinda easy now don’t wait for them to tighten their immigration so you won’t start regretting
Nawa for una sef

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 7:56am On Dec 28, 2022
Spanishmilf:
you heard
Take advice from people who are in the Uk or people who has travel experiences
You are taking advice from anti-japa who has been denied multiple times
Uk immigration is kinda easy now don’t wait for them to tighten their immigration so you won’t start regretting
Nawa for una sef

Ok thanks, noted. Na internet stories I just dey na why. Thanks, now I see why a lot go to the Uk, looks like it’s easier to migrate there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 9:12am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Felt a little bad with this comment from you, I mean I was asking advise from you. You’ve been there reason I’m asking. I’ve been to Reddit and saw people complaining a bit, I never said 60k was small so I don’t know how “I don’t have 100k in my account” came up. I only said don’t you think it is small and how much do people save from that, which you perfectly answered by mentioning it is a big man money in the UK and I now got to understand that, simple, but then your opinion anyway.

tongue its not that deep, na bants mixed with facts.

According to the official documents from the tax body in UK, less than 9% of the population earned above 60k in 2019/2020 tax year. Dont let reddit people deceive you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/percentile-points-from-1-to-99-for-total-income-before-and-after-tax

So using my friend as an example his 46k salary at a big four in midlands area of uk equals 34,528 a year after tax and 2,875 per month. Lets say he saves 30% of that amount ( i am able to save 35% to 45% of my net pay in Canada). That's about 9m naira when converted to Naira. For which job you wan save 9m in naira a year with 3 to 4 years experience asides international oil companies

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Sweetvie: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2022
hustla:

did he tell you what the standard of living is like in australia abi u dey calculate to naira? grin
The standard of living is high the pay is high smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
tongue its not that deep, na bants mixed with facts.

According to the official documents from the tax body in UK, less than 9% of the population earned above 60k in 2019/2020 tax year. Dont let reddit people deceive you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/percentile-points-from-1-to-99-for-total-income-before-and-after-tax

So using my friend as an example his 46k salary at a big four in midlands area of uk equals 34,528 a year after tax and 2,875 per month. Lets say he saves 30% of that amount ( i am able to save 35% to 45% of my net pay in Canada). That's about 9m naira when converted to Naira. For which job you wan save 9m in naira a year with 3 to 4 years experience asides international oil companies

Nice nice at the bolded. I must japa too, I hope I find a way to audit really, so I can move easier. Cause na only oil company money fit keep me for this naija really.

I suppose it’s easier to save more in Canada than UK right??
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 9:56am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Nice nice at the bolded. I must japa too, I hope I find a way to audit really, so I can move easier. Cause na only oil company money fit keep me for this naija really.

saving depends on the person, the average citizen in those countries live pay check to pay check . If i go buy latest Benz on that salary vs someone who bought a 2016 car corolla for example who go save more. If i go on 3 holidays in a year vs the person who goes once. If i rent house in a luxury place vs renting in an above average one etc. if i dont cook atall vs someone who cooks.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Humble25(m): 10:27am On Dec 28, 2022
If u have the means to go to a better country pls do.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by GloriousGbola: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year

First off - an Australian dollar is about 0.7 of a us dollar

Secondly a large number of employers everywhere always prefer migrants because migrants will always do more work for less pay and benefits. Because migrants are coming from a different reality.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by clinician2x: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Here ednut, trust you’re well. Don’t you think 45m to 60k pounds a year is low after removing tax and living expenses?

You commented on my thread when I asked whether to choose big four or IB (actually went for the big four reason being that I want to japa too.

But then the money paid looks small, how do they save with 45-60k pounds? After tax and living expenses?

Kileleyi are you saying they are better off with the 400k a month in Nigeria?

You are a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 28, 2022
OP you have answered your question. The movement of migrant workers from under developed economies to developed ones is the cause of the wage downward spiral. The western countries are looking for cheap labour, the idea of these free scholarships are to ultimately get cheap labour from other countries, I pity the locals because in the long run they re the ones being short changed, you can now understand the hostility towards migrants from the original residents of these countries.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Bigchristo: 10:33am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

Strike aside the salary still far better than Nigeria, in fact not just salary a country where there’s no security people get shot by police for doing nothing you expect us to keep up with such situations? If anybody have chance of jakpa and choose to stay in Nigeria then the person like suffer
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by hustla(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
The standard of living is high the pay is high smiley

Better than the UK

cheesy grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by obailala(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

What's the essence of having money if you're not sure of getting home each day without a bullet in your chest?

People are leaving Nigeria largely cos of the damning insecurity. Also, whilst there's cureently a crazy inflation in the UK, there's also mad mad mad inflation in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by juman(m): 10:34am On Dec 28, 2022
If you have comfortable life here in nigeria, dont throw it away to go abroad.
You will regret it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by FreeStuffsNG: 10:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
Australia is very far. Ordinarily, people do not want to travel very far from home except they have no home or have a home they want to run away from as far away as possible

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Boss13: 10:34am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
while i was in Nigeria i could not save 200k comfortably in my audit firm job, driving a 2005 car, no money for holiday, access to world class healthcare equipment lol. In Canada at same audit firm, i could easily save 2k Canadian dols after tax and bills, drive a modern car, afford holidays etc. left the audit firm after a year to a better job. Do as you like your body go tell lol

You could drive a modern car based on credit finance. Nigeria is a cash based economy. This is what Tinubu is trying to change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by JoshTim: 10:35am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year

Oluwa, Australia has always been my choice country right from the word go. 2023, i dey beg baba God make e reason me go Australia.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Lobos2277: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
How much him dey make i beg?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

The money is only high when compared to the naira, its a function of the exchange rate, 35000 dollars or pounds per year in US or UK is a poor wage by their standards. What can you really accomplish with that in the midst of high living expenses?

If you left Nigeria for good why are you talking of converting your foreign wages to naira? Why cant you invest over there and forget Nigeria papapata.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Bahamas95(m): 10:37am On Dec 28, 2022
I wonder why some people that have Japa always discourage others. The fact that it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others.

Nor be everybody head be like your own wey nor get oil.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dettolgel: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:

Strike is an indication of freedom of expression.

Strike is an indication that workers are free to unionize

Strike is one of ways of asking for better work package to the authority

Yes, Nigerians are moving to a country with freedom of expression they are leaving Nigeria where striking workers are vilified and threatened
They are leaving a country where workers' union has been destroyed by the political class to a country where they have the right to unionize and ask for better benefits.

Can you bring out your head from your behind now and start reasoning properly ? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ICEWIN: 10:39am On Dec 28, 2022
freddie009:

A friend of mine told me he spent approximately 3 million to get to Australia including flight ticket (2018)
STUDY ROUTE?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
A nurse coming from Nigeria where she is being paid 40k to 80k . Goes to Uk earning 25k pounds a year plus overtime. You think that nurse in the short term ( 3 to 5 years) see that as low wages This guy rest, you are not interested in travelling ( even tho you once said you sponsored your brother to ireland). What is your obsession with japa topics Is there some amiss someone where My friends that were earning 400k in audit firms here a month went to uk and got salaries of 45k to 60k pounds a year. Wetin concern them with strike or living expenses.
UK refused him visa that is why he is angry and flooding Nairaland with UK topics trying to rubbish the UK. grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Horokrox: 10:40am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerian should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, Australia .... these countries are great...
Also Moldova is a great country grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 28, 2022
The gates of UK are wide opened at the moment and why the high influx.

On the other hand, the pay is still far better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2022
clinician2x:

Kileleyi are you saying they are better off with the 400k a month in Nigeria?

You are a fool.

Baba calm down, no need for the last statement. I was asking a question and trying to weigh both chief. I really don’t understand Nigerians with trying to insult instead of being constructive. Nawa for you ooo

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2022
dettolgel:

Strike is an indication of freedom of expression.

Strike is an indication that workers are free to unionize

Strike is one of ways of asking for better work package to the authority

Yes, Nigerians are moving to a country with freedom of expression they are leaving Nigeria where striking workers are vilified and threatened
They are leaving a country where workers' union has been destroyed by the political class to a country where they have the right to unionize and ask for better benefits.

Can you bring out your head from your behind now and start reasoning properly ? grin
grin grin He doesn't even have a head let alone an anus to bring his head out from. People are not leaving for the UK just for work or money alone..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries / I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.