Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,528 members, 7,865,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (50375 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2022
The long trek of Japarians

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2022
See baba that are supposed to be consolidating on there career progress and trekking up an down after lied to by travel agent.

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2022
Travel agent ! Auidio Auditors in canada POF agents are all here .They are just after commsion and will.paint abroad as paradise and the golden key! They are sad that experience and smart Nigerians are now asking question . Why are UK worker on strike ! Why care job, why teir visa .They don't like this question . Get sell everything and come ( this the busines income for them ) they would not tell you about the winter, the gas bills the segregation the slave work the limted white colours work
. Some guys are houses in hostels to service care home clients like they used to house slave in sugar cane estates in 1500 in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by emmaodet: 11:32am On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Travel agent ! Auidio Auditors in canada POF agents are all here .They are just after commsion and will.paint abroad as paradise and the golden key! They are sad that experience and smart Nigerians are now asking question . Why are UK worker on strike ! Why care job, why teir visa .They don't like this question . Get sell everything and come ( this the busines income for them ) they would not tell you about the winter, the gas bills the segregation the slave work the limted white colours work
. Some guys are houses in hostels to service care home clients like they used to house slave in sugar cane estates in 1500 in Brazil.

Hello bro.

I, like you is anti-japa but bro let's cut these guys some slacks.

I don't support business people doing fine to sell their business and properties to japa rather to go on regular vacations. That is the reason there are different category of visas BUT for working class/employees, i think abroad is a better option for them than home.
Also remember, not everybody has the skill or tenacity to run a business. Because you can doesn't mean others can. Let's put that into consideration.

Some people just want to work and earn decent income and lifestyle and i don't think anything is wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by optionalY09: 11:48am On Dec 30, 2022
Niftkid:

If you go there and do laulau you go je gbese now . shey u no know nii?

Who go come carry me trabaye i want to Japa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 11:52am On Dec 30, 2022
emmaodet:

Hello bro.

I don't support business people doing fine to sell their business and properties to japa rather to go on regular vacations. That is the reason there are different category of visas BUT for working class/employees, i think abroad is a better option for them than home.
Also remember, not everybody has the skill or tenacity to run a business. Because you can doesn't mean others can. Let's put that into consideration.

Some people just want to work and earn decent income and lifestyle and i don't think anything is wrong with that.
some employees are well paid but sadly follow herd mentality ! Am not against low income earners .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 12:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
But seriously, there is money in Nigeria…

Even a road side vulcanizer in a good location in lagos can make up to 250k per month…

Plus , to be honest , Nigeria is the only country where you can have a business that fetches let’s say 1 million naira every month and still not even pay tax of 5k.

This is just my own thinking sha , only People in healthcare or tech or doing street are really doing big things in Europe.

Na so my guy leave him bakery business for Nigeria ,go Poland Dey earn mere 1,200 zlotyy (122k in naira) per month (after rent and other bills) , not even euros

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
CodeTemplar:

UK money is faster compared to local money. Those in UK will build a house bback home faster than most in Nigeria.
It depends on what they are doing in UK oooh

Only healthcare n tech people are doing big things …

Stop thinking every £9/hour job can build house under 1 year

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
See baba that are supposed to be consolidating on there career progress and trekking up an down after lied to by travel agent.
Just so you know, these are not newbies, this is the US/Canada border. they are migrating from the USA into Canada!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

It depends on what they are doing in UK oooh

Only healthcare n tech people are doing big things …

Stop thinking every £9/hour job can build house under 1 year
be calming down, what you are failing to realize like most others on here is that some people work 1 hours a day, just sitting and watching Tv with and elderly person.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:
But seriously, there is money in Nigeria…

Even a road side vulcanizer in a good location in lagos can make up to 250k per month…

Plus , to be honest , Nigeria is the only country where you can have a business that fetches let’s say 1 million naira every month and still not even pay tax of 5k.

This is just my own thinking sha , only People in healthcare or tech or doing street are really doing big things in Europe.

Na so my guy leave him bakery business for Nigeria ,go Poland Dey earn mere 1,200 zlotyy (122k in naira) per month (after rent and other bills) , not even euros
you are right, but with all that, look at the life of an average Vulcanizer shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
matm:
High exchange rate from pound to dollar is the reason for japa.One pound is N543.00.
Now if ur salary in UK is a paltry N3000 a month.
N3000 times N543=N1629000 a month in naira.
If u are sending just IK home monthly, it's equivalent to N543000. which is far greater than the salary of a Court Judge here in Nigeria.
That's why people love japa
Lmao …

Are you guys aware some businesses in Nigeria fetches over 1 mill a month without much stress.

Ask for any Bet9ja mega shop in your area , ask the manager how much that shop Rakes in every month …

Or Ask standard pharmacy owners , how much they make in profit every month… lol … you will be surprised, now imagine if he has more than 1 pharmacy store …

I’m telling you , many businesses are making over 1 million naira in profits, and they are not even paying tax wey pass 5k.

I remember when my sister arrived Scotland, and she told me , it cost her £15 pounds to buy just a SIM card … I was like WTF … 12,000 naira for sim card.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

you are right, but with all that, look at the life of an average Vulcanizer shocked shocked shocked
Guy , go to Ladipo , look at those igbo boys with short knicker and one Mumu shirt …

If they tell you dia worth , or show you houses they’ve built back home … you will know is not by “How they look”
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
emmaodet:

Hello bro.

Those people talking about Business here in Nigeria are not business men, they are talking from their backside, only if they know how difficult it is to do business in Nigeria, My Energy Bill in a month for our Biz back in Nigeria is about N100k a month due to the high cost of diesel and no power for most of the time. We are not even talking phones and internet yet plus multiple taxation which goes nowhere to improve the busness environment.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Guy , go to Ladipo , look at those igbo boys with short knicker and one Mumu shirt …

If they tell you dia worth , or show you houses they’ve built back home … you will know is not by “How they look”
Ladipo was my home as a young guy when I was importing cars. Buses and spare part, it was cos of folks like those guys i stopped. Do you know the amount of them that are thieves?Dont even let me start on that topic,That is a hustle ground where you get robbed in daylight if you are not tight. People who do not own a stand but they sell stuff,bross just forget ladipo boys.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:22pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Lmao …

Are you guys aware some businesses in Nigeria fetches over 1 mill a month without much stress.

Ask for any Bet9ja mega shop in your area , ask the manager how much that shop Rakes in every month …

Or Ask standard pharmacy owners , how much they make in profit every month… lol … you will be surprised, now imagine if he has more than 1 pharmacy store …

I’m telling you , many businesses are making over 1 million naira in profits, and they are not even paying tax wey pass 5k.

I remember when my sister arrived Scotland, and she told me , it cost her £15 pounds to buy just a SIM card … I was like WTF … 12,000 naira for sim card.
I know two pharmacy owners in person in PHC, one at Choba in a plaza opposit Uniport and the other on the east west road Alkiah opp Uniport law building, they both sold their pharmacy reason. The Pharmacist employed who also doubled as the manager, was helping himself out and killed the business as he dont mind, he ha no overhead.

NB £15 to buy SIM card, what year was that Plz?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
I’m not saying Nigeria is better … but truth be told , there are more things you can EASILY start up here in Nigeria if the capital is there .

Secondly, Many business owners in Nigeria always fail to expand … for example, if you have a business here that fetches you 300/350k (after expenses) … after a year or two of savings , what stops you from recreating another one or expanding to make it 600/700k

But an average small business owner here will rather be comfortable with ONE shop for 10years… rather than trying to expand and broaden the income .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

I know two pharmacy owners in person in PHC, one at Choba in a plaza opposit Uniport and the other on the east west road Alkiah opp Uniport law building, they both sold their pharmacy reason. The Pharmacist employed who also doubled as the manager, was helping himself out and killed the business as he dont mind, he ha no overhead.

NB £15 to buy SIM card, what year was that Plz?
2020 or 2021 … not too long … Aberdeen , Scotland .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

2020 or 2021 … not too long … Aberdeen , Scotland .
You did not understand what she said, or she did not understand what she was told, SIm card is free of charge, what she must have bought was a SIM card with Bundle, for 30 days, so a SIm Card with £15 worth of Data and Calls.I had to think very deep b4 I responded to you.U was xpecting her to buy an Empty Sim for £15 nah, that would be Juju grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:
I’m not saying Nigeria is better … but truth be told , there are more things you can EASILY start up here in Nigeria if the capital is there .

Secondly, Many business owners in Nigeria always fail to expand … for example, if you have a business here that fetches you 300/350k (after expenses) … after a year or two of savings , what stops you from recreating another one or expanding to make it 600/700k

But an average small business owner here will rather be comfortable with ONE shop for 10years… rather than trying to expand and broaden the income .
9ja is a hard place for start ups,takes too long that B4 you start to Enjoy the Biz you are past retirement, japa is one quick way to set up cos anyhow 20 years you are good to go if you start on time.Japa is good for early 20s and late 40s anything outta that bracket nah struggle unless you have a well strim lined plan!E get Y I say SO!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

Ladipo was my home as a young guy when I was importing cars. Buses and spare part, it was cos of folks like those guys i stopped. Do you know the amount of them that are thieves?Dont even let me start on that topic,That is a hustle ground where you get robbed in daylight if you are not tight. People who do not own a stand but they sell stuff,bross just forget ladipo boys.
Only you know about Ladipo, only you know about pharmacies…

Do you know ORCHARD pharmacy in owerri ?

The question is, do you how much standard pharmacy stores in Nigeria make monthly ?

Not you telling me personal stories like “they stole Oga money bla bla bla”

Take it or leave it , there are businesses making well over 1-2 million naira monthly… (And most of them aren’t been taxed self)

You drive fast in USA … they fine you $300 (220k)
You drive slow … they still fine you $135 (96k) grin

Wahala no too much like this grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

9ja is a hard place for start ups,takes too long that B4 you start to Enjoy the Biz you are past retirement, japa is one quick way to set up cos anyhow 20 years you are good to go if you start on time.Japa is good for early 20s and late 40s anything outta that bracket nah struggle unless you have a well strim lined plan!E get Y I say SO!
Japa and do what exactly…

If the road side vulcanizer japa to UK , what will he be doing ?

Only people majorly in healthcare and IT , are the ones doing well… una nor Dey hear word.

Shey be , my guy don Mumu sell off him bakery business for naija carry 4 million naira go Poland, to be making mere 1,200 zloty (122k naira monthly)

Everyday , Na so so lament .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Only you know about Ladipo, only you know about pharmacies…

Do you know ORCHARD pharmacy in owerri ?

The question is, do you how much standard pharmacy stores in Nigeria make monthly ?

Not you telling me personal stories like “they stole Oga money bla bla bla”

Take it or leave it , there are businesses making well over 1-2 million naira monthly… (And most of them aren’t been taxed self)

You drive fast in USA … they fine you $300 (220k)
You drive slow … they still fine you $135 (96k) grin

Wahala no too much like this grin

You see, I only speak about stuff I know and have direct involvement, there is a billion things I don't know, there is more people gain from traveling wide and far, you gain loads of knowledge from thins you come past and see/ gained knowledge from ladipo cos of an igbo guy I met in japan and we teamed up.if you go into my Post and topics, you will see my last dealing at ladipo in 2018, it was when I did a conversion of car, it took 3 months of me going to Ladipo every day so Im not just talking.
When I made mention of the pharmacy if you read it I said I know TWO personally, in PHC and gave their exact location cos these two persons came from the USA one a practicing Doctor the other a Politician. I dont like assuming so I don't, I like figures and facts mayB its cos i am Engineer but that's how I put my arguments across, figures and facts. And Nop I don't know any pharmacy in Oweri but as a Business owner in PHC, I know the challenge I go fru daily with thieving workers. They think they can solve the whole of their family problem from your business, something even FG cant do!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Japa and do what exactly…

If the road side vulcanizer japa to UK , what will he be doing ?

Only people majorly in healthcare and IT , are the ones doing well… una nor Dey hear word.

Shey be , my guy don Mumu sell off him bakery business for naija carry 4 million naira go Poland, to be making mere 1,200 zloty (122k naira monthly)

Everyday , Na so so lament .

Who send am go Poland, nor be yeye talk we una dey talk like this make the guy Enter poland, if you wan japa, if its not USA, UK, Canada, as U nor be professional 4gerrit.Im not in Health car or IT and Im Good as an Engineer.people come here to school ,qualify and get JOBS.Tha vulcanizer, if E enter Uk now like this and arrange himself legit, he can get a job at Kwikfit or any Tyre shop and earn good £££.or if E sharp open his own tyre shop
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

You see, I only speak about stuff I know and have direct involvement, there is a billion things I don't know, there is more people gain from traveling wide and far, you gain loads of knowledge from thins you come past and see/ gained knowledge from ladipo cos of an igbo guy I met in japan and we teamed up.if you go into my Post and topics, you will see my last dealing at ladipo in 2018, it was when I did a conversion of car, it took 3 months of me going to Ladipo every day so Im not just talking.
When I made mention of the pharmacy if you read it I said I know TWO personally, in PHC and gave their exact location cos these two persons came from the USA one a practicing Doctor the other a Politician. I dont like assuming so I don't, I like figures and facts mayB its cos i am Engineer but that's how I put my arguments across, figures and facts. And Nop I don't know any pharmacy in Oweri but as a Business owner in PHC, I know the challenge I go fru daily with thieving workers. They think they can solve the whole of their family problem from your business, something even FG cant do!
It is very wrong to set up a business here in Nigeria and be living overseas …

But if you can set up a business here and you can be physically present at least 70% of the time, you really shouldn’t have much issues .

I’m talking from experience… and trust me , I’ve not paid a single tax in Nigeria for almost 2 years now … apart from market tax which I don’t really consider as tax bcoz it doesn’t get to FIRS.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

Who send am go Poland, nor be yeye talk we una dey talk like this make the guy Enter poland, if you wan japa, if its not USA, UK, Canada, as U nor be professional 4gerrit.Im not in Health car or IT and Im Good as an Engineer.people come here to school ,qualify and get JOBS.Tha vulcanizer, if E enter Uk now like this and arrange himself legit, he can get a job at Kwikfit or any Tyre shop and earn good £££.or if E sharp open his own tyre shop
Shey No be vulcanizer wey sabi pass IELTS or speak better English go fit get job with Kwikfit grin grin

Guy you funny o

UPDATE ; I just checked on Kwikfit , you need to be a graduate … and dia pay is £18,000 per year (BEFORE TAX) o , before you start pressing calculator… grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Shey No be vulcanizer wey sabi pass IELTS or speak better English go fit get job with Kwikfit grin grin

Guy you funny o
ahaahaha, What of the Eastern European we dey do am here, come or Go them nor even sabi speak sef
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

It is very wrong to set up a business here in Nigeria and be living overseas …

But if you can set up a business here and you can be physically present at least 70% of the time, you really shouldn’t have much issues .

I’m talking from experience… and trust me , I’ve not paid a single tax in Nigeria for almost 2 years now … apart from market tax which I don’t really consider as tax bcoz it doesn’t get to FIRS.
Very wrong, but that was not my case as Madam dye on ground so she dey run things, But, Biz in 9ja hard cos of dishonest persons, Can you imagine asking someone to go and buy a gallon of diesel only to fill it up with 30/70. 70% diesel and 30% water and knock a gen set of N5milion? bro leave 9ja people !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by michlins(m): 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

Very wrong, but that was not my case as Madam dye on ground so she dey run things, But, Biz in 9ja hard cos of dishonest persons, Can you imagine asking someone to go and buy a gallon of diesel only to fill it up with 30/70. 70% diesel and 30% water and knock a gen set of N5milion? bro leave 9ja people !
sometimes, it's not the person you sent. Filing stations deliberately buy bunkering diesel
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Uzomarrr12345: 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
erico2k2:

ahaahaha, What of the Eastern European we dey do am here, come or Go them nor even sabi speak sef
Did they go via study route or work route or illegal immigrants…

Baba, no Dey stress local vulcanizer wey Dey here grin, Japa isn’t for everyone

As for me , I’ll rather be in a country where I can make 1 mill a month and pay zero tax , cheap eletricity(#3,000 per month prepaid) , cheap hair cut (#500) , cheap and better fufu and egusi with pepper soup grin etc …

I hear say una dey barb hair for almost £20 for Liverpool, UK … almost 17,000 naira smh

But for UK person go make 1 million naira , 400k fit go straight to TAX and other Billings .. lol

God come bless you , you come get pikin , Omo Childcare for UK dey very expensive…whereas for naija , you fit go drop pikin for relative or family house if need be.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Did they go via study route or work route or illegal immigrants…

Baba, no Dey stress local vulcanizer wey Dey here grin, Japa isn’t for everyone

As for me , I’ll rather be in a country where I can make 1 mill a month and pay zero tax , cheap eletricity(#3,000 per month prepaid) , cheap hair cut (#500) , cheap and better fufu and egusi with pepper soup grin etc …

I hear say una dey barb hair for almost £20 for Liverpool, UK … almost 17,000 naira smh

But for UK person go make 1 million naira , 400k fit go straight to TAX and other Billings .. lol

God come bless you , you come get pikin , Omo Childcare for UK dey very expensive…whereas for naija , you fit go drop pikin for relative or family house if need be.
Bross just talk the ones you know 1st hand leave the others you nor know, childcare and others you mention get ways round am, as You dey bet light for 9ja na so sharp men here dey beat light, you nor know say men dey import thier mama to come help look after kids for UK?
As for tax you score zero over hundred U nor know concern leave that topic too. to me £20 is to me the way N1k is to you, my pikin pocket money in a week nah £30 from me and mayb £15 from Mum.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Uzomarrr12345:

Guy you funny o

UPDATE ; I just checked on Kwikfit , you need to be a graduate … and dia pay is £18,000 per year (BEFORE TAX) o , before you start pressing calculator… grin
Y U nor post the link of the kwickfit.I don tell u say I deal with figures and fact

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / 5 Most Popular Bus Stops In Lagos / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.