Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? (40112 Views)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? / What Does Working Hard Actually Mean To You? / What Its Mean To Acquire Higher Degree Time Wasting Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by being(m): 9:19am On Dec 27, 2022
U haven't even mentioned the 20% tax yet..

And some will completely ignore the situation described above forgetting that surviving on a 1-0-1 food regime in Nigeria is better than being insulted by kids...,
experiencing psychologically distressing situations is worse than not having all your physical needs met.
ecolime:
£28,000 per year means a 'life of slavery' or 'lifetime rat race' What can £2,300 per month in UK do for you? The suffer no be small.

However, if you are a private school teacher in Naija, you can give it a consideration. For government teachers, you are much better off here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by beardedboy(m): 9:19am On Dec 27, 2022
Reference:

You went from an autocracy to a democracy and to you this is hell?

Africans are indeed emotionally unintelligent and poor organisers of workable societies. If they are not allowed to rule in feudal set ups they misfire. Is this the famed legacy of colonialism or what?
Are you aware that their citizens are resigning in mass?

Are they also from autocratic backgrounds?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Treadway: 9:21am On Dec 27, 2022
sukkot:
he is correct. if you teach in the uk you have to kill your ego. meaning you have to accept that the children are greater than you and can yab you or throw balled up papers at you while you are teaching and nothing you can do about it. if you cannot accept that reality then uk teaching is not for you. women and children are the most powerful in that society and can do and undo. the laws revolve around them.

truthfully you have to be a captivating personality and a great orator and very witty before they can respect you. you control them with your oratory skills and wit and when they get enthralled by you then they will calm down and give you your respect. over there you have to earn your respect. they dont give it to you. dont come there with an african accent either. try to neutralise your accent or they will yab you taya
no mind these crusaders wey full here. Dem no understand say na the gospel truth be this. In the first instance, whether you get posh accent or not, these spoilt brats go everly wan size-up or cut-to-size the new guy/woman. E sure die. In Africa, we have respect, in the west where you wan see am, even worse when you come black and no posh. Anyway, I will be here to thoroughly swear for anybody that comes to disturb our peace with sob stories, like being fired for feeding a dog four times instead of twice, or snow....imagine constituting a nuisance on top snow. Dem no read am before dem go abi? And anyone wey come even talk as e be for una, dem go dey shout say my case is different. Ok na..when you lose it and whack a white kid we go read the repercussion story here. Lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by girlygirlyMain: 9:22am On Dec 27, 2022
When you've been doing the wrong thing long enough, you get bold enough to call it culture!

Calling a student "my son" are you his biological parent?

When the child asked if you were an idiot, your reply would've been "just like you are sweetheart"...

YOU mirror them and they fall back.
Don't go to another man's country and expect them to understand you.
YOU are in their country to understand them and make a living. Period!!!

IyaTola:
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A TEACHER IN THE UK?

Being a teacher in the UK is a horrible experience — it is a taste of hell.
I was a teacher in Zimbabwe for over 10 years.

I loved my work; I remember assemblies where children would greet us in chorus.
I was proud to be a teacher.

Our students would salute and greet us on the streets, showing us respect.
A misbehaving pupil would hide, show remorse on being found out.

The day I left for the UK, I was excited and convinced that I would make an impact as a teacher in the land of the Queen.

According to Mhofu from Luton, teaching in the UK is no walk in the park.
Mhofu: “You know, if it wasn’t for teaching, I probably wouldn’t have travelled as much as I did. It was the teaching that got me around the world. But here in the UK, I got a rude awakening.

I got a teaching job at a school in Luton which was touted to be one of the best schools. I was grateful and overjoyed. On my first day in class the children looked at me as if they were seeing a ghost. One child raised his hand and said to me: ‘Are you an idiot’.
I was shocked; I was a teacher.

I looked at the child and wanted to hit him but I had been warned never to touch a child or I would die in prison. I pretended I had not heard the child then I heard another say: ‘Hey, are you deaf?’ I was so angry and I walked out to make a complaint to the teacher-in -charge. As I stepped out, the classroom broke into uncontrollable laughter. I had never been insulted by a child and let alone a white one. I was so angry l started shaking.

I walked into the teacher-in-charge’s office. He looked at me and said go and control your class first. I walked back in the class and everything that followed made me sick to my gut. I just had to leave the classroom as l did not trust myself not to take my typical ‘teacher action’ against these wayward children. I went home.

I got a call from the school which informed me that I had been fired because I had no confidence and skills of dealing with children.
I then got another job as a teacher. This time, I was called a ‘supply teacher’ who is equivalent to a temporary teacher. The only difference is a supply teacher is a qualified teacher.

I arrived at the school, this time determined to bring some order. As I walked into the classroom, I saw, on the green board, an offensive statement. It was a question: ‘What’s the difference between a monkey and a blackman?’

Just below it was an answer: ‘At least a monkey can climb trees.’ When I asked who wrote that in a very angry voice, the class remained silent.

I turned to the board to rub the offending statement. When I was done and turned to the class, I saw my bag fly out of the window.
I got angry and shouted at the class. The head-teacher and a few other teachers rushed to the class. The pupils all rushed to one corner and on seeing the headmaster, they started screaming.

The headmaster, in front of the children told me I was intimidating the kids and making the learning environment a war zone. I told him they had thrown my bag out of the window and had written racist remarks on the board.

The head-teacher said he could see nothing on the board and the kids shouted that they had thrown it out after I had tried to hit them with it. I was asked to go home and reflect on my teaching skills.

The classroom is controlled by children; you must do what they want and you must not dictate to them. The head takes the word of the child against yours. Now I am working towards extracting myself from a career I was passionate about and I ask myself why?

Those who are thinking of teaching here must brace themselves for a torrid time.” According to Paul Taruvinga: I had my interview with a teaching agency in the UK before I finished University.

I was accepted and so when I arrived in London in 2003 on my UK working holiday visa, I was ready to start my teaching career in Hackney, East London, an area I was soon to discover to be one of London’s most challenging.

I wasn’t quite ready to settle into a full time job so I went straight for the supply (casual, substitute) teaching. This meant I was running all over the East End, going to different schools every day. It was a great way for me to get to know the city.

It was also a fantastic way for me to learn how to be an adaptable teacher – different students, different classes every day.

One day I was called to the headmaster’s office; I was informed that a child had complained that I speak so loud that the child is now having sleepless nights. I was asked to lower my voice or I would be sued if the child went deaf.

I am not a loud speaker; I was shocked. I could not answer. Then one day I was accused of sexual abuse. I was alleged to have touched a girl-child on the shoulder. I was told any form of touching was abuse. I was suspended.

After three months of no pay, I was reinstated. I now hate teaching with a passion.”

John Dickson: “l was reprimanded for calling a child ‘my son’. When I came to school the following day there was a fuming parent who said to me: ‘Hey, my son has a father at this school now!’

I said I didn’t know about that and then she accused me of calling him ‘my son’ the previous day in class. I went numb.

She went to the head and I was seriously admonished.” The culture here is so strange. There is nothing like stopping students from throwing chairs at each other. The schools here are a complete opposite of the schools back home. Teaching is a nightmare here.
It is the most stressful job in the UK.

Copied!

7 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by sukkot: 9:23am On Dec 27, 2022
Kenmatt:
You said you have passion for teaching as it's what you love doing, but from what I have read from this piece of writing, you don't have any passion for teaching let alone having the skills and the mental stamina as well as the knowledge and understanding to teach these white Children.

Low Self-esteem has eaten deep into your system.
and what is the knowledge and understanding ? lmao black man from failed continent coming to teach us white kids from first world countries ? you think you have what it takes ? abi na mouth you get online ?

10 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by brain54(m): 9:24am On Dec 27, 2022
These are the kind of culture Africans, Nigerians in particular are importing.

Copy cats!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Isabi4lov: 9:27am On Dec 27, 2022
Thank God I saw "copied " my heart was already beating so fast , I have to leave teaching because of the poor payment ..

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Kenmatt(m): 9:27am On Dec 27, 2022
sukkot:
and what is the knowledge and understanding ? lmao black man from failed continent coming to teach us white kids from first world countries ? you think you have what it takes ? abi na mouth you get online ?

So many black men and women have become successful teachers in America and Europe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by jedisco(m): 9:29am On Dec 27, 2022
ecolime:
£28,000 per year means a 'life of slavery' or 'lifetime rat race' What can £2,300 per month in UK do for you? The suffer no be small.

However, if you are a private school teacher in Naija, you can give it a consideration. For government teachers, you are much better off here.

How much are state and federal government teachers paid in Nigeria?

Many states pay graduate teachers much less than 50k. That is less than the cost of a bag of rice.
What can 50k do for you in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by sukkot: 9:29am On Dec 27, 2022
Treadway:
no mind these crusaders wey full here. Dem no understand say na the gospel truth be this. In the first instance, whether you get posh accent or not, these spoilt brats go everly wan size-up or cut-to-size the new guy/woman. E sure die. In Africa, we have respect, in the west where you want see am, even worse when you come black and no posh. Anyway, I will be here to thoroughly swear for anybody that comes to disturb our peace with son stories, like being fired for feeding a dog four times instead of twice, or snow....imagine constituting a nuisance on top snow. Dem no read am before dem go abi? And anyone wey come even talk as e be for una, dem go dey shout say my case is different. Ok na..when you lose it and whack a white kid we go read the repercussion story here. Lol
lol bro thats how they end up in kazakstan and end up commiting suicide. this idea that everyone is lying to you and trying to discourage you. that is a true story by the way. some nairaland guy japa to kazakstan and saw the situation on the ground that he has wasted like total of like 4000 dollars for this japa venture to end up in a country worse than naija. the nigga killed himself in shame and depression and he didnt have the money to return to all those who learnt him money

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Naijiriana: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2022
So I compiled a list of things to bear in mind while prepping to go ateaching in the UK:

1. When asked, “are you an idiot?” Simply answer, “No, I’m not. But I’m sure your mom is.” Then proceed to ask the class, “any more stupid questions?”

2. You must not touch the pupils. Even if it would result in saving a life.

3. Don’t call any pupil ‘my son’ or ‘my daughter’. No be you born them.

4. Oyibo children have delicate ears. So lower your voice while talking to them. Whispering is fine.

5. Don’t yell. Don’t complain. Try not to land in jail. Just teach, earn your pay and leave.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Gec2zy(m): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2022
Kenmatt:
You said you have passion for teaching as it's what you love doing, but from what I have read from this piece of writing, you don't have any passion for teaching let alone having the skills and the mental stamina as well as the knowledge and understanding to teach these white Children.

Low Self-esteem has eaten deep into your system.

Na people wey neva travel go dey talk rubbish.

11 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Naijiriana: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2022
girlygirlyMain:
When you've been doing the wrong thing long enough, you get bold enough to call it culture!

Calling a student "my son" are you his biological parent?

When the child asked if you were an idiot, your reply would've been "just like you are sweetheart"...

YOU mirror them and they fall back.
Don't go to another man's country and expect them to understand you.
YOU are in their country to understand them and make a living. Period!!!

…Sweetheart? Lmao, you go just land for jail one time.

17 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by tabaralph: 9:35am On Dec 27, 2022
jchioma:

Chai!

These oyinbo children are something else. No fear, not to talk of respect. I'm still contemplating whether I should allow my children attend school abroad.

"The culture here is so strange. There is nothing like stopping students from throwing chairs at each other. The schools here are a complete opposite of the schools back home. Teaching is a nightmare here."
Your second paragraph killed it and the funniest thing about all this is that if any of the students get injured by throwing chairs at each other the teacher will still be punished for not being able to control them well

12 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by umuna(m): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2022
prepresh:
Please I need the connection to teach in the UK I believe I can do it

It starts in February 2023. Don't mind our government people, they want to discourage our teachers from Japa to the UK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by CHIDINMALOVE: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2022
advanceDNA:

Relax....the portal will open to nigerians by february...

go and start preparing for your ielts, get ready money for tb test and police report....jappaa no easy oooo... and its not all course.... its more of ...maths, biology, physics, chemistry

No English?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by sukkot: 9:36am On Dec 27, 2022
Kenmatt:

So many black men and women have become successful teachers in America and Europe.

name one ? i know personally many teachers in the uk,including many of my exes who were white oooo and some black who are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from teaching uk children. thats the problem with some of you guys who just open mouth anyhow oooo is you dont understand africa and uk are two different places. children woould come and slap you while you are teaching just because of your accent or you are bllack and you cant do nothing about it ooooo. this is not naija where mr nwosu will come to classroom with plenty cane and be flogging kids upanda. if you even raise your voice against any kids talk less of even mistakenly touching them you are going to prison. you never jam.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by buragidi(m): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2022
This is true to some extent. During my studies, I worked as a supply teacher with some agencies that sent me to some secondary schools. If you are not careful, those kids would not just murder your career, they can send you to jail.

These children are so rude, uncultured and disrespectful. My experience is that the black children in these schools are even worse. My reaction when I encountered them had always been 'your parents are failure personified for their inability to imbibe you with African culture of respect'

Another thing I did was to conclude in my mind that they are inconsequential. After all, I am here to have some experience and collect some £££. So, no matter how rude they are sometimes, I just ignore. Nevertheless, sometimes I demonstrate assertiveness and they always comply. They know I can send them to detention even after school and this would be documented in their records. So when they realise I am out to instill discipline, they behave themselves.

Nevertheless there are still few good students among them, even the white These are highly intelligent students. They are enthusiastic and ready to learn. You will live them

21 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2022
IyaTola:

The day I left for the UK, I was excited and convinced that I would make an impact as a teacher in the land of the Queen.

Mhofu: “You know, if it wasn’t for teaching, I probably wouldn’t have travelled as much as I did. It was the teaching that got me around the world. But here in the UK, I got a rude awakening.

I got a teaching job at a school in Luton which was touted to be one of the best schools. I was grateful and overjoyed. On my first day in class the children looked at me as if they were seeing a ghost. One child raised his hand and said to me: ‘Are you an idiot’.

I looked at the child and wanted to hit him but I had been warned never to touch a child or I would die in prison. I pretended I had not heard the child then I heard another say: ‘Hey, are you deaf?’ I was so angry and I walked out to make a complaint to the teacher-in -charge. As I stepped out, the classroom broke into uncontrollable laughter. I had never been insulted by a child and let alone a white one. I was so angry l started shaking.

I walked into the teacher-in-charge’s office. He looked at me and said go and control your class first. I walked back in the class and everything that followed made me sick to my gut. I just had to leave the classroom as l did not trust myself not to take my typical ‘teacher action’ against these wayward children. I went home.

I got a call from the school which informed me that I had been fired because I had no confidence and skills of dealing with children.
I then got another job as a teacher. This time, I was called a ‘supply teacher’ who is equivalent to a temporary teacher. The only difference is a supply teacher is a qualified teacher.

I arrived at the school, this time determined to bring some order. As I walked into the classroom, I saw, on the green board, an offensive statement. It was a question: ‘What’s the difference between a monkey and a blackman?’

Just below it was an answer: ‘At least a monkey can climb trees.’ When I asked who wrote that in a very angry voice, the class remained silent.

I turned to the board to rub the offending statement. When I was done and turned to the class, I saw my bag fly out of the window.
I got angry and shouted at the class. The head-teacher and a few other teachers rushed to the class. The pupils all rushed to one corner and on seeing the headmaster, they started screaming.

The headmaster, in front of the children told me I was intimidating the kids and making the learning environment a war zone. I told him they had thrown my bag out of the window and had written racist remarks on the board.

The head-teacher said he could see nothing on the board and the kids shouted that they had thrown it out after I had tried to hit them with it. I was asked to go home and reflect on my teaching skills.

The classroom is controlled by children; you must do what they want and you must not dictate to them. The head takes the word of the child against yours. Now I am working towards extracting myself from a career I was passionate about and I ask myself why?

Those who are thinking of teaching here must brace themselves for a torrid time.” According to Paul Taruvinga: I had my interview with a teaching agency in the UK before I finished University.

I was accepted and so when I arrived in London in 2003 on my UK working holiday visa, I was ready to start my teaching career in Hackney, East London, an area I was soon to discover to be one of London’s most challenging.

I wasn’t quite ready to settle into a full time job so I went straight for the supply (casual, substitute) teaching. This meant I was running all over the East End, going to different schools every day. It was a great way for me to get to know the city.

It was also a fantastic way for me to learn how to be an adaptable teacher – different students, different classes every day.

One day I was called to the headmaster’s office; I was informed that a child had complained that I speak so loud that the child is now having sleepless nights. I was asked to lower my voice or I would be sued if the child went deaf.

I am not a loud speaker; I was shocked. I could not answer. Then one day I was accused of sexual abuse. I was alleged to have touched a girl-child on the shoulder. I was told any form of touching was abuse. I was suspended.

After three months of no pay, I was reinstated. I now hate teaching with a passion.”

John Dickson: “l was reprimanded for calling a child ‘my son’. When I came to school the following day there was a fuming parent who said to me: ‘Hey, my son has a father at this school now!’

I said I didn’t know about that and then she accused me of calling him ‘my son’ the previous day in class. I went numb.

She went to the head and I was seriously admonished.” The culture here is so strange. There is nothing like stopping students from throwing chairs at each other. The schools here are a complete opposite of the schools back home. Teaching is a nightmare here.

Copied!

Read the book, To Sir, With Love, by E.R. Braithwaite.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by oshonwambada: 9:38am On Dec 27, 2022
IyaTola:

It is the most stressful job in the UK.You said nothing

Copied!

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Bobbiee: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2022
Don't they have detention?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 9:41am On Dec 27, 2022
Is better to cry in UK than in Nigeria
I'm a professional Teacher (physics) and I will apply and give it a try

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by LordErrk: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2022
There's no surprise here. It's teachers like you that'll suffer abroad. African teachers are so used to beating people that they can't see any other way to approach kids.
While I'm in no way justifying what the students did, you really need to go and reflect on your teaching skills, and change the mentality that students should respect you like a god
There are lots of approaches to get naughty students in order

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2022
IyaTola:

Copied!
When you get to a place they have their structures and rules plus complaint procedures you should follow.Comb through your contract,staff handbook and ask questions.

Ild be the first to tell you that teaching anywhere is not a walk in the park and needs a certain sort of individual with patience and tact.Children would try to push the boundaries to know how much you can take.

The scenarios painted above is nothing go to the Peckham,Woolwich areas and you will be thankful for being in Luton.

It is not your Son so why call the child my Son?.
The hand book must have told you about touching as abuse,at my work you are not allowed to hug a child and it makes perfect sense to me as teenagers have very fertile imaginations.

Am surprised you were reinstated.

Mental health is important perhaps the writers should look for another career path.Your showing emotions and always being angry/shouting speaks as to your character.

If it is the most stressful Job what would an ICU children’s nurse working 12hours in a pressured environment for so little money say?.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by BATified2023: 9:44am On Dec 27, 2022
sukkot:
name one ? i know personally many teachers in the uk,including many of my exes who were white oooo and some black who are suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from teaching uk children. thats the problem with some of you guys who just open mouth anyhow oooo is you dont understand africa and uk are two different places. children woould come and slap you while you are teaching just because of your accent or you are bllack and you cant do nothing about it ooooo. this is not naija where mr nwosu will come to classroom with plenty cane and be flogging kids upanda. if you even raise your voice against any kids talk less of even mistakenly touching them you are going to prison. you never jam.
this is a pure lie

Assault is taken serious irrespective of whatever way it swings

Students too have their limits bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by omoplaycool(m): 9:44am On Dec 27, 2022
beardedboy:

Are you aware that their citizens are resigning in mass?

Are they also from autocratic backgrounds?
This right here made my day.. it's disheartening sometimes what I see Nigerians post in a bid to sound woke. When you check you'll find out this person saying what he said about Nigerians and Africans has very little or no knowledge about what the OP is talking about.. saying things like ,,"we speak loudly" yet they pick your doctors who learnt from the "loud" environment. Well.... it just goes a long way to show you the level of complex some folks are dealing with

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Gboom: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2022
pocohantas:
Nawa. UK done really suffer for our hand.
Analysis and criticisms ear and dear.

But Africans talk too loudly sha. Especially Nigerians. You won’t know because you are used to it. It gives me sleepless nights too. grin
Soro soke were

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by pacespot(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2022
But reverse is the case in Africa especially in Nigeria. The lecturers are the gods here, even you will see a lecturer threatening the students that he can destroy their lives by awarding poor grades to them. Many female students are sexually harassed by their lecturers. Aside the racist aspect of this writer's story of being a teacher in the UK, I think it is an ideal environment to cultivate good rapports between students and teachers rather than the latter seeing themselves as gods to the former.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by Hezzyluv: 9:46am On Dec 27, 2022
advanceDNA:

Those children are even worse than the scenario up there

U guys are just putting fear on me oooo
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by chrisj2(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2022
IyaTola:

Copied!

I just needed to acknowledge this post.

£28,000 is not yeye money if you can cut your coat for some years and then find other means (side hustle) of making money. Tutoring, marking exam papers, selling on eBay, investing or even a second (you finish at 5pm maximum) plus prep and marking and assessments).

If single, then it is fine and as a couple, the other half will also have to bring something to the family coffers.

Live cheap and decent, don't join up with owambes, forget churches, try to integrate and not waste your money being a Nja, eating expensive Nja foods and no sending money home until you are strong financially.

But teaching in UK takes a strong mind, big confidence, knowing your subject better than most (maths, sciences helps), forget Nja attitudes and discipline and let things go and not take it personally. Thick skin and being an entertainer works best in the worst schools than the subject matter

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by chrisj2(m): 9:49am On Dec 27, 2022
Hezzyluv:

U guys are just putting fear on me oooo

It is not easy; so be prepared for the worst... It is doable if you think that every child deserves the best regardless and you are altruistic but it is hard for some coming straight from Nja.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? by uchman(m): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2022
pedrilo:
We move still

We move still my brother because £2300 pounds a month is running into #1.5M if not more...
Whatever they want, they should write on the board, it's not my concern.
My concern will only be the £££ which I have already calculated in my mind.

This post have been long why plenty people come dey comment today abi is it now on front page?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Cardinal Stone 2015 Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test!!! / Online Sales Reps Needed! / Union Bank Calling For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.