Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? (17027 Views)

I've Just Been Sacked / What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / 5000 Nigerians To Be Employed As TSTV Launches October 1st (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by TrustNone: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2023
Hello guys, I graduated earlier this year but couldn't serve as I wasn't eligible for NYSC as I was above 30 years of age when I graduated.

Coming back to Port Harcourt, I applied as a Subject Teacher in several schools, went through several interviews and made it, after going through their salary rates, I had to go for the highest bidder which is 40k and I'll be Teaching two subjects..

Now the thing is, I lied heavily that I'm a experienced Teacher during the interview and added imaginary and non existent schools to my CV, what made me scaled through the interview here was that I researched and also went through several threads and noted down all what could possibly be asked and I also obtained lesson notes and lesson plan samples from one lessonnotes moniker, researched, practiced, found a topic and revised and scaled through the micro teaching, the next day I was offered the job.

Now schools would be resuming two weeks from now and I don't need to fumble, guys please any insight on what is expected of me as teacher?

How often should I give assignments?
Where do I get the syllabus and textbooks?
How often should I teach a topic, should it be one week per topic?
Any other thing I need to know?
Your inputs would be so highly welcomed.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by jackmrandy: 11:41am On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:
Hello guys, I graduated earlier this year but couldn't serve as I wasn't eligible for NYSC as I was above 30 years of age when I graduated.

Coming back to Port Harcourt, I applied as a Subject Teacher in several schools, went through several interviews and made it, after going through their salary rates, I had to go for the highest bidder which is 40k and I'll be Teaching two subjects..

Now the thing is, I lied heavily that I'm a experienced Teacher during the interview and added imaginary and non existent schools to my CV, what made me scaled through the interview here was that I researched and also went through several threads and noted down all what could possibly be asked and I also obtained lesson notes and lesson plan samples from one lessonnotes moniker, researched, practiced, found a topic and revised and scaled through the micro teaching, the next day I was offered the job.

Now schools would be resuming two weeks from now and I don't need to fumble, guys please any insight on what is expected of me as teacher?

ask for past note. once school resume, look for the best student in that school, that is a class above the one you will be teaching and collect his or note or get in touch with the principal and collect their old lesson note. And all in all , read to get your self equipped in that subject area that you will be teaching in.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Hollyharjii: 11:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Everything just looks confusingly confusing

Wishing you the very best in your new assignment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by safarilove(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2023
start watching online videos and see how teachers do teach and comport themselves.
There will be that particular student that will want to challenge you with some difficult questions so read ahead of class by studying textbooks, previous lesson notes, etc then gradually that fear will go into oblivion.
Go and sin no more!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Ppn247: 11:57am On Aug 29, 2023
Private school: Prepare to teach five subjects to five different classes after writing lesson note after lesson note without promotion or salary increase but salary delays.

Public school: Prepare for the opposite of the above above plus pension and gratuity among other benefits.

As for your last paragraph, the school will give you their guidelines and directives on all that. Nothing to worry about.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Thattallgirl(f): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
40k? Two subjects? I pray for better opportunities for you.

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by cpu2006(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
next thing to do is for you to send me your first salary make i bless it for you grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Dexy4yah(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by MrBroke(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Start Teaching

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Olapraise24(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Tender your resignation letter, then wait for what comes your way.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by PlsStayAlive: 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Speaking from NYSC experience:
1. Timetable will decide how often you teach your subjects, school should provide that.
2. Syllabus and books for lesson plan/biros/chalk/textbooks for the lesson plan planning should be given my VP admin or whoever is in charge of it.
3. Classwork and assignment once per week (make sure to mark and record these)
I'll write more when I remember more

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Effybaba(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
It's no big deal. Each school has a pattern they follow, ask other teachers who have been in the school before you to guide in how things are done in the school.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Start flogging them

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Eyinju112(f): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Akerele44(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
Know about your transport fare for a month so that you wont later come here and be asking for urgent 2k help

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
RUN

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Starboytwo(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
No teach our children nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Generalyemi(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2023
smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Unperturbedpota: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2023
Okay go back to the school and slap the head teacher, punch the principal in the jaw then go home and resume work the next day.

Since you want to keep asking fake questions I will be giving fake answers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by RapistOnBail: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2023
Buy gala

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Stanislause94: 11:59am On Aug 29, 2023
You sure say the proprietor no dey nairaland?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by ayula44(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2023
What subject will you be teaching?
You can send me a DM.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
The only thing that can keep you going as a teacher is..if you have passion for it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
Do same research you did earlier and you will get answers too....meanwhile try and get a savings plan cos most school either don't pay teachers on time or owe them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Ezmans: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

teaching no job in nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by victorazy(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
RUN O!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Kaido: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
Please use this opportunity to build yourself while searching for other jobs.

Remain blessed!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Privatepart00: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

Same way you searched online for all you included in your CV, is same way you should check for how to make notes.

How do you know you have had enough food to your satisfaction?
Is same way to know when to give assignment.
Anyway that money is too poor for the stress of standing and talking week in , week out.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by Ayobeck(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
Make sure u carry all d students all along and don't focus on only best students but d poor n d average,do call dem out everytime n treat dem like brothers n sisters,in case dem may pissed u up,but don't relent n don't b angry with them..every Friday conduct a mini test on d topic u thought them from Monday to Thursday..u ll pray for me after u give it a trial

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by pcagbaji(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2023
TrustNone:

So on top 40k you day happy
Una day try

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by MrDoGood(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2023
40k for two subjects?

The pay won't motivate you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Employed As A Teacher, What Should I Do Next? by DesChyko: 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2023
Why lie?

Anyways, you are a step above the learners in experience. Leverage on that and key into your experience to drive home your lessons.

Every school has her own different policy. Arrive early, look at their lesson notes. Meet your new learners. Stand on one toe and observe everything that is the school's policy. Unlearn and Relearn everyday. Actually, the best learning is starting from the scratch.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Job Interveiw From Zis / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV / NIGERIA IMMIGRATION 2016 Recruitment...lets Shine Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.