Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? (39836 Views)

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians In Malaysia Do For A Living? / Why Do People Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Meaning that the churches here have been scamming us, making us to believe we are not praying enough, or we need serious prayers; or even that our uncles, aunties, stepmothers, stepfathers have taken our names to occultic covens. No wonder churches are doing well here.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Tunagee(m): 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2022
gaby:
The day Nigeria progresses into a nation with the welfare of her citizens at the heart of its policies overall, you'd understand.

Just imagine a situation where you are assured of a job and timely pay as and when due, access to healthcare, and every other social amenity. And then to cap it all up, even when you aren't able to work, you have access to social welfare benefits.

My brother, the day majority of Nigerians working or not can just walk down to the next ATM at the end of each monthly cycle to make withdrawals of their salaries or stipend from the government, church businesses will become obsolete and relationships with religion will become personal and organic.

The current style of Christianity in particular is a result of "surrendering it all to God" since the government has failed in every aspect of caring for the citizens.

Humans have resigned to fate and hope endlessly for succor from supernatural forces or beings.

EXACTLY SIR!!!!!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown.

E pain am.

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by lymelyte(m): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
olisefom:
Poverty and lots of uncertainty fuels our being religious here. It reduces once you get to better country. There's obviously less to pray for. Moreso, most so called religious people in Nigeria are being religious from the place of fear of evil, and not the love for God.
facts.. They are been controlled with fear and not love..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by iramure(m): 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Do You clowns even reason at all?

Did religeon stop Tony Elumelu from starting and owning UBA, did it stop Adenuga from owning Glo, Conoil, did it stop Jim Ovia from owning and starting Zenith bank or Dangote who is a Muslim?
I can go on and on, the evidence shows that the most successful ppl and wealth creators in Nigeria are all religious ppl, they are not atheists.

So if they are ppl who have failed Nigeria it is traditional religious ppl and atheists.
you that reason very well. How has religion affected your life positively?.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by UNDFTD: 4:25pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Am asking you to refute my argument or points

You still do NOT get it huh? Let me say it again for the last time...I do NOT see any points or arguments that you made for me to refute other than you saying CRAP! I can NOT refute an argument or points that are not there!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 4:59pm On Dec 29, 2022
UNDFTD:

You still do NOT get it huh? Let me say it again for the last time...I do NOT see any points or arguments that you made for me to refute other than you saying CRAP! I can NOT refute an argument or points that are not there!

grin joker.

Just say you have ran out of lies.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
iramure:
you that reason very well. How has religion affected your life positively?.

Very much.

Today I have a degree in engineering with several other certifications, thanks to the Western Education brought by Western missionaries.

I also own an run a successful business.

Can you prove that you and others would have been better off without, Western education and culture brought by Western religion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
quentin06:

E pain am.

E no pain me a bit.

I just laugh off your naivety.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by UNDFTD: 5:06pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

grin joker.

Just say you have ran out of lies.

You're a freaking M0R0N. What the 4uck is your argument? You're an IDIOT and deserve no response. Every dumb a$$ like you would come online simply because he could buy 200 Nira data. And then try to get involved in intellectual discourse that he knows quite well is way above his intellectual capacity. I keep asking you to show me where you made your points or argument but you keep coming back to the same bullsh*t.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
BreconHills:

I completely agree. Nigerian children are now transforming their gender in the uk. I know at least one where a girl has completely transformed using drugs provided free by the state.

True.

The west is not turning non religious, rather they are turning religious to the doctrine and teachings of liberalism and satanism.

Most ppl do not know, they have be conditioned to see christainity and religeon as an enemy to free will and liberty, not knowing that they are subtely lead to satanism and self worship, which is also a religion.

Check this site out, lots of this stuffs are discussed there.

https://www.henrymakow.com/archives.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
UNDFTD:

You're a freaking M0R0N. What the 4uck is your argument? You're an IDIOT and deserve no response. Every dumb a$$ like you would come online simply because he could buy 200 Nira data. And then try to get involved in intellectual discourse that he knows quite well is way above his intellectual capacity. I keep asking you to show me where you made your points or argument but you keep coming back to the same bullsh*t.

Are U this jobless?

The speed at which you respond shows you are jobless.

Which data is this mofo talking about, the ones I dash ppl for free or?

Get a life jockey.

Your inability to prove your points , shows you are clown and naive.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by UNDFTD: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Are U this jobless?

Get a life jockey.

I am in my office mutha 4ucker and you MUST be JOBLESS as well because your response could NOT come any faster, Idiot!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by UNDFTD: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Are U this jobless?

Get a life jockey.

Did you run out of data or do you have nothing intelligent to say? AWWW! Too bad!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by iramure(m): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Very much.

Today I have a degree in engineering with several other certifications, thanks to the Western Education brought by Western missionaries.

Can you prove that you and others would have been better off without, Western education and culture brought by Western religion?
lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
UNDFTD:

I am in my office mutha 4ucker and you MUST be JOBLESS as well because your response could NOT come any faster, Idiot!

Office ,Abi motor park? grin

Oko ko
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by iramure(m): 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Very much.

i thought you would tell me that that very POWERFUL name has risen all the dead in your family back to life, opened all blind eyes in your village, healed all the sick and lame in your community and pumps billions into your account every second. All your earlier listed achievements were possible because you applied common sense.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
iramure:
i thought you would tell me that that very POWERFUL name has risen all the dead in your family back to life, opened all blind eyes in your village, healed all the sick and lame in your community and pumps billions into your account every second. All your earlier listed achievements were possible because you applied common sense.

Were is it written that religeon would do all that for one?

You are not better, than the religious ppl you judge,

Your argument match theirs, what I mean, is you cannot blame Christainity or religeon becos of few ppls greed who misquote religious teachings for their own selfish ends.
for example the Christian religion teaches hardwork and diligence.

Colossians 3:23 NIV
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,

Proverbs 13:4 NIV
4 A sluggard's appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.

Proverbs 14:23 NIV
23 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 NIV
10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat." 11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat.
Proverbs 12:24 NIV
24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.

1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV
31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 NIV
11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

So when ppl misinterpret religious teachings its not the fault of the religeon but ppl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
UNDFTD:

Did you run out of data or do you have nothing intelligent to say? AWWW! Too bad!

They run your mouth, soon you would exhaust your daily free opera browsing limit.

Clown.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by iramure(m): 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Very much.

find time to listen to tapes of the very respected god of men in nigeria, you will know religion promises more. If your faith is as small as muster seed, you can comand mountain meaning you can do anything with that name.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by UNDFTD: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

They run your mouth, soon you would exhaust your daily free opera browsing limit.

Clown.

Look in the mirror and you'd see a freaking CLOWN! I am here to exhaust your 200 Niara data. Keep running your nasty mouth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by UNDFTD: 6:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Office ,Abi motor park? grin

Oko ko

Judging by your comments and your level of IQ, you MUST be a TOUT!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Lingudy(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
Most Nigerians are religious only because they lack; the current economic depression we found ourselves. But at least foreign nations give us some relief from this our problems, so you would found many Nigerians becoming less religious because they are getting what they have been praying for.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by IwasNeverGone: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2022
I will say d stress and hustle
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Mekanus(m): 7:51am On Dec 30, 2022
olamee17:
Wow! I’m feeling bad reading this ☹️

It is not only our government that has failed us, we have also failed as a citizen because there are some things that we should take care as an individual but we all wait and shift the responsibility on government.

For instance, working in an organization (private) and not being paid for four (4) months and the boss doesn’t feel bothered just because he feels he’s doing you a favor by paying you and will only pay when he feels like paying, this will subject you to prayer so God can touch his heart to pay …. Nigeria is bleeped ☹️☹️☹️
This is still a shortcoming on the side of the government because if the government puts the necessary measures to checkmate this private organisations, they will not be committing such crimes.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Mekanus(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2022
blueAgent:

Very much.

Stop disgracing yourself all over nairaland.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2022
Mekanus:
Stop disgracing yourself all over nairaland.

Clown.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:48am On Dec 30, 2022
UNDFTD:

Judging by your comments and your level of IQ, you MUST be a TOUT!

Motor park boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2022
UNDFTD:

Look in the mirror and you'd see a freaking CLOWN! I am here to exhaust your 200 Niara data. Keep running your nasty mouth!

Exhaust which data?

You think I depend on free opera mini browsing like u? grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2022
iramure:
find time to listen to tapes of the very respected god of men in nigeria, you will know religion promises more. If your faith is as small as muster seed, you can comand mountain meaning you can do anything with that name.

That does not mean religeon or faith is bad, if men decide to abuse it , its their fault not religeon.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by AngelaInteriorz: 9:54am On Dec 30, 2022
Eriokanmi:
The more you drop prayers, the more opportunities elude you. Many prayed, even went to mountains and spent for days before God before their visas could be approved. Since you knew you'd not need God for everything when you get there, why go to the mountain to pray for your visa to be approved in the first place? My friend was a prayer warrior before he left for America back in the days. In fact, while on the plane, he didn't eat the meal served. He was always on fasting throughout the flight whicb lasted almost 20 hours for God's favour in a new soil.

On getting to America he never got duacouraged. He continued. In less than 4 years, he got his green card, 10 years validity. He approached this lady who said he'd assist her in his adjustment of status. She had one kid from his boy friend. Its very rate to get a good woman who would want to go to that extent with a foreigner who had no papers. If you finally get one, its either she's served jail terms before or have engaged in one crime or the other. My friend got a lawyer to perfect the contract marriage. He never had any intimacy with the lady. They lived apart only meeting at a chosed venue each time they wanted to attend interview for preparation. The lawyer said they should keep same account and file tax returns promptly as part of the requirements . She had her own boyfriend. On the day of 2nd interview, he was panicky but I told him to keep praying and ensured he fasted which he did. He was invited for interview twice. The first one, they gave him a temp. 2nd time, his green card was mailed to him 2 weeks later. They eventually formalised their marriage but not immediately

Whereas, there were a lot of Nigerians who left Nigeria over 15 years earlier than he did. Till not, they have no simple paper. I shared a story of one of my uncles here on a couple of times in the past. He never joked with prayers even affer entering America. He saw himself climbing a pole in the dream, an accountant for that matter. He never had engineering background. The dream kept coming repeatedly. One day, he went to a Mexican vendor to read papers as he always did on his way home. The information about xantrex engineering he saw in one of the newspapers changed his life forever and he's multi billionaire today serving the Nigerian corporate entitles and oil and gas sector. He was a key sponsor of one of the current governors in the southwest in his first term in office. They're from same town.

Prayer is a short cut to reaching your destiny and making it in life. I had a muslim neighbour who was looking for a scholarship to study abroad. He doesn't joke with players too. He used to fast too on his own, quite amazing. He got one with 100% tuition free in one of the EU countries where he had his Msc.

Thanks for sharing this amidst the many other people here who oppose God and seeking Him.
The problem of Nigeria is not Christianity or Church. It is the people who have refused to truly obey God with their hearts and not just their lips.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by AngelaInteriorz: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2022
azidomedogo:
Nigerians can be wicked. Same way my boss has refused to pay December salary saying if she pays in December, we will spend all before January and then decides to pay till first week of January 2023. So so annoying angry angry sad

I pay my employees on time but some of you Nigeria employees are so insensitive and wicked that you make many Bosses turn wicked too.

A Boss is owing the bank and not only is he or she paying you aside other perks he or she does for you but say he pays you on time as at when due. His or her branch that was given to you. You will abandon work whenever you like, you will not put in your all to ensure the business grows knowing it is the same business that pays you and if it grows. That's more financial pay for you. Some even steal the business dry and you expect the Boss to magically make money out of thin air to pay knowing you are not faithful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Sunday Esan, Dangote's Manager Had An Accident (Photos) / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit / Port Harcourt-Aba-Maiduguri Eastern Railway Corridor Construction Speeds Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.