Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? (39908 Views)

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians In Malaysia Do For A Living? / Why Do People Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by jieta: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2022
gaby:

Oh, I'm very sorry, sir.

I do not have hard copies of the book at this moment. You can only get the ebook from the Okadabooks link on my signature or the thread where I started the story.

God bless.
thanks, but i will like to get the hard copy. When will it be available.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by cedeki(m): 8:41am On Dec 29, 2022
All what the writer wrote are all true, there are agencies saddled with responsibilities of providing your kids your preferred schools, my family relocated recently and i went for a month visit, within that period i applied for jobs and i was overwhelmed with different offers, na u go taya for work, and the interesting thing is that every minute of your time spent working is paid for, no free work, your off days are your off days, no oga will call you from home to come and help with work at the office for free. here in Nigeria most of my vacation and weekend off are spending supporting work for free, no overtime. abeg the place sweet die, i can't wait to resign and join my family permanently, system that works needs no prayers, even your pastor for there no dey come church most Sundays because he go work and Sundays pay dey higher, all you need to do if you aspire to get a job with higher pay, get certification in those relevant jobs and you will be hired, your degree no mean anything there, certificate for a specific role is most preferred over university degree, but you must be able to demonstrate that you can handle the role, though you will also be trained
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Enemyofpeace: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2022
This is because snows disable all the powers of witches and wizards from their villages, they cannot operate under the very cold weather in overseas.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by jaephoenix(m): 9:28am On Dec 29, 2022
omonnakoda:
Did you ever meet Wilberforce? Did any of your family members? Is it not what THEY wrote that you are now parroting as if you were there. King George did XYZ .How do you know> The same Oyinbo na im talk am and the same you na im swallow am
Na them write the history no be us
Going by your assumption, we shouldn't believe history since the white man wrote it. So now dear sir, what should we teach ourselves and children as history?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2022
quentin06:

Why is it paining you? They re irreligious BTW.
What has your religious nature done for society? Cretin!

Ahhh!!

You beginning to change goalpost.

Till you prove them as irreligious , I would not take clown like you serious.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:42am On Dec 29, 2022
baretalk:

Mumu, so they will announce it to you. You fools should stop placing all Nigerians in same zombie mentality level as you, speak for yourself, your family and tribe, you don't know about others.

Clown.

Is it hidden, has any of them hidden their religious views?

Is an obvious fact religious ppl has done more for Nigeria, than clown wannable atheists like you have ever done.

If you have no evidence to prove otherwise, close your mouth and stop making mockering of yourself.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown.

Is an obvious fact religious ppl has done more for Nigeria, than clown wannable atheists like you have ever done.

If you have no evidence to prove otherwise, close your mouth and stop making mockering of yourself.
Some religious people are good, but the religious institutions is based off a system of control and manipulation, man is not a religious being, we are rational, reasonable and spiritual, religion was forced into people by the colonials and Arabs, then by their parents, some of its morals are okay, but hypocrisy and deciet is too much. Religion makes a lot of Nigerians hate each other, bokoharam and Iswap have religious ideology, Christians too see others not like them as being on the wrong path, and religion makes Nigerians gullible, some smart men are ripping them off forming pastors and GO 's making them wait for blessings, instead of them going to invest those money and time. You don't need religion to be good and spiritual.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2022
jaephoenix:

King George the third and then William Wilberforce. Why the stopped slavery? That's a daft question. Its morally bad, they all knew it was bad but nobody had the guts and power to do anything. King George and Wilberforce could do much because they were king and politician, respectively.

Slavery were stopped by christains based on christains beliefs and teachings.

Morality outside religious grounds, becomes relative.

Example is the issue of same sex marriage, abortion, and many more controversial issues.

Humans lacks the capacity to understand our very nature or self , talkless of to form genuine morals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2022
UNDFTD:

You're funny. I guess just saying "crap" is refuting an argument. I was expecting a well-thought-out and elucidated counterargument other than saying crap. You must do better than that!

Am asking you to refute my argument or points
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2022
jaephoenix:

Many successful and rich people are atheists or agnostics. From Elon Musk to Bill Gates etc. No god shaped rubbish anywhere

Which bill Gates and Elon musk is atheists?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 9:51am On Dec 29, 2022
baretalk:

Some religious people are good, but the religious institutions is based off a system of control and manipulation, man is not a religious being, we are rational, reasonable and spiritual, religion was forced into people by the colonials and Arabs, then by their parents, some of its morals are okay, but hypocrisy and deciet is too much. Religion makes a lot of Nigerians hate each other, bokoharam and Iswap have religious ideology, Christians too see others not like them as being on the wrong path, and religion makes Nigerians gullible, some smart men are ripping them off forming pastors and GO 's making them wait for blessings, instead of them going to invest those money and time. You don't need religion to be good and spiritual.

See how you deviated from the topic at hand to insults , becos I exposed your naivety and ignorance.

My joy is that those on this thread ,would have been,liberated from your lies and falsehood by my comments.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown.

This is nonsense you wrote here, what have religious people done fool, apart from divide the people and foolishly follow fake clerics and pastors who fleece their time and money. Stupid ignorant fool. Name what religious people have done but hypocrisy. All the governors, ministers, people working in civil service are religious people. We are the most religious people, but see Nigeria today, filled with criminals and hypocrites. Stupid fool.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

See how you deviated from the topic at hand to insults , becos I exposed your naivety and ignorance.

My joy is that those on this thread ,would have been,liberated from your lies and falsehood by my comments.

"Is it hidden, has any of them hidden their religious views?

If you have no evidence to prove otherwise, close your mouth and stop making mockering of yourself"

That's what you wrote fool, tell me what good religion or religious people have brought to this nation.

Am waiting dumb fool, is there anything meaningful you wrote there. So many dumb idiots forming intelligent grin

I didn't deviate, I was only laying emphasis but your block head lacks comprehension.

Religious people and religion are a big problem to Nigeria and Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2022
baretalk:

If you have no evidence to prove otherwise, close your mouth and stop making mockering of yourself"

That's what you wrote fool, tell me what good religion or religious people have brought to this nation.

Am waiting dumb fool, is there anything meaningful you wrote there. So many dumb idiots forming intelligent grin

You keep claim smart, but it's obvious a dog has more sense and logic reasoning than you.

Why not show me proof that Nigerians that are religious are behind our failure,you could not ,which shows you are a big fool and failure using religion as his scapegoat.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2022
baretalk:

I didn't deviate, I was only laying emphasis but your block head lacks comprehension.

Religious people and religion are a big problem to Nigeria and Africa.

See fool they claim logic.

Where is the logic in your foolish statement, that religeon equals to poverty?

When 99% of the richest and most successful ppl in Nigeria claim to be religious, or at least identify with one religeon.

Wannable atheists failure.

No go drink hypo grin, e go wipe your misery commot grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2022
baretalk:

This is nonsense you wrote here, what have religious people done fool, apart from divide the people and foolishly follow fake clerics and pastors who fleece their time and money. Stupid ignorant fool. Name what religious people have done but hypocrisy. All the governors, ministers, people working in civil service are religious people. We are the most religious people, but see Nigeria today, filled with criminals and hypocrites. Stupid fool.

You are beginning to change the goal post again.

Myself am not an overtly religious person.

But for one to say that the religeon, brought by the West, is holding Nigeria down and is equivalent to poverty, means the person is not intelligent and sound.

To answer your question, my argument is not in support of everyday church goers, my argument is that those who profess one faith or the other own over 90% of all the successful businesses in Nigeria, meaning your intail claim is false.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 10:24am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

You are beginning to change the goal post again.

Myself am not an overtly religious person.

But for one to say that the religeon, brought by the West, is holding Nigeria down and is equivalent to poverty, means the person is not intelligent and sound.

To answer your question, my argument is not in support of everyday church goers, my argument is that those who profess one faith or the other own over 90% of all the successful businesses in Nigeria, meaning your intail claim is false.

It's not about being religious or not, am telling you a lot of Nigerians are woke, not dumb like you and your religious hypocrites. Idiot, saying you told me something, you are dumb,.you make no sense, you said nothing new or reasonable zombie.

Say what you have to say, the whole nairaland is listening.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 10:27am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

See fool they claim logic.

Where is the logic in your foolish statement, that religeon equals to poverty?

When 99% of the richest and most successful ppl in Nigeria claim to be religious, or at least identify with one religeon.

Wannable atheists failure.

No go drink hypo grin, e go wipe your misery commot grin
Without religion we would have fared better than this, not everyone is religious as you claim, it's mainly the poor zombies like you going to pay offerings and tithes that are the religious zombies, your pastors, GO's don't pay tithe or offerings, fool. All countries in the world, there are people who controls society, Nigeria has a predominantly religious people, so of course religious people will own wealth and businesses, but not all Nigerians are religious as you claim.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Babaelemu: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2022
It is not about money the moment you step outside into a developed country you'll realized you don't have to go to church to be successful, to be hired, to be respected, it won't score you a point. Like no body cares, churches don't operate from mon to sun, no services of 8am to 6pm, no marathon fasting, no casting of demons, So it possible you might get bored or get used to such lifestyle. Personally the last time i was in church was over 10 years ago
Aareakinwunmi:
Lol, why won't they.

Money is time over there, the more you work the more you earn.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

You keep claim smart, but it's obvious a dog has more sense and logic reasoning than you.

Why not show me proof that Nigerians that are religious are behind our failure,you could not ,which shows you are a big fool and failure using religion as his scapegoat.
Idiot, your brain is empty.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Ahhh!!

You beginning to change goalpost.

Till you prove them as irreligious , I would not take clown like you serious.

I have no wish to interact with someone who is desperate to show off his ignorance.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:37am On Dec 29, 2022
baretalk:

Without religion we would have fared better than this, not everyone is religious as you claim, it's mainly the poor zombies like you going to pay offerings and tithes that are the religious zombies, your pastors, GO's don't pay tithe or offerings, fool. All countries in the world, there are people who controls society, Nigeria has a predominantly religious people, so of course religious people will own wealth and businesses, but not all Nigerians are religious as you claim.

Lame excuse.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2022
quentin06:

I have no wish to interact with someone who is desperate to show off his ignorance.

Clown,

You are running away.

It's obvious you have boxed yourself into a corner, you cannot escape from.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by baretalk: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Lame excuse.
I just exposed you are a empty zombie, your head is empty, filled with prosperity preaching of your scammer collector grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown,

You are running away.

It's obvious you have boxed yourself into a corner, you cannot escape from.

No , Silence is the best answer to a fool like you, you ve got nothing coherent to say. Talking with you is an insult to humanity.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2022
quentin06:

No , Silence is the best answer to a fool like you, you ve got nothing coherent to say. Talking with you is an insult to humanity.

Says a fool, who comes online to say rubbish and runs away when asked to defend or prove it. grin

Abeg no quote me again.

This is festive season.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by blueAgent(m): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2022
quentin06:

Clown.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by EvangelistChuks(m): 10:46am On Dec 29, 2022
Christianity is a relationship not a religion. Serving God is contextual.There are things they pray for that we do not pray;like govt. restrictions against praying in schools, trying to force people to accept lgqt movement , undue advantage to women that encourage divorce etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Ginomel(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2022
omonnakoda:
Maybe that is true............For You

Does not mean it is true ............For everybody . You assume that what is true for YOU .

MUST be true for everybody

You simply do not know that

Probably you don't know the reason why we have high rate of suicide in the world.

Try this, take a bible and read the book of proverb and Ecclesiastes, you will marvel the wisdom and peace you will derive.

Life with all the riches is nothing without God. He is the source of wisdom and real peace.

Give it a try codedly you will thank heavens for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by emanobis(m): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2022
When you will come to realize that a better nation isn't by sleeping in the church but by voting better leaders
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by Brownshoe: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
Imagine I never collect November salary,

When the salary eventually enter se e no go follow debt go.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? by BreconHills(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
blueAgent:

So true

Most ppl are ingnorant, they think the west just woke up and became less religious.

War is been waged continuously on family values, and christains morals and norms in those countries, using Celebrities, sports,TV, entertainment, politics e.t.c.

I completely agree. Nigerian children are now transforming their gender in the uk. I know at least one where a girl has completely transformed using drugs provided free by the state.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) / 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) / Top 5 Beaches Every Lagosian Must Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.