Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen (53000 Views)

Cute Abiola: Navy Gives Reason For Refusing To Release Comedian After 10 Days / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This / Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by socialmediaman: 11:46pm On Dec 27, 2022
cococandy:

You’re making false claims about women abroad all being housewives . I asked you how you know that but all of a sudden you don’t have time for Q and A.

Just say what you know to be true. That’s the bottom line

I don't remember using the bolded word. I have some friends who do exactly what I described in my original post, and they're housewives by choice, some with advanced degrees. One (a caucasian) cooked a full Nigerian meal with recipe she learned on YouTube when I visited her family for thanksgiving.

A man doesn't even need a woman's help to cook and take care of himself, and vice versa. If he gets married and delegates that job to her, she should be able to handle it. This is tradition and not some big deal abeg. It's just petty to be complaining about duties as simple as cooking and cleaning.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Kokodeni(m): 11:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
sadiyamuhammad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4zJAJY7oAU

A hilarious video has shown the moment a Nigerian woman served her husband an empty plate for refusing to help her in the kitchen.

Before carrying out her action, the woman gave a background explanation that informed what she was going to do.

In a TikTok video, she said that she wanted him to help her with the food but he replied that he was tired as a result of working out at the gym and also had a football match to see.

The woman who wasn't having his excuses revealed that she had gone to the market to buy the ingredients, did the laundry and took care of the house.

She said he was only to assist her in cooking and yet he was giving excuses.

https://www.legit.ng/people/family-relationship/1511322-marry-friend-wife-serves-hubby-empty-plate-funny-video-refused-kitchen/

Straight to her father's house for at least one year... I will cook for myself and improvise what ever happens after then it is what it is. If everyone comes to beg for her then I will leave for one year
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Thermodynamics(m): 12:45am On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

I won't be surprised if she pays bills in the house as well attending to all domestic work.

The average Nigerian man has convinced himself he is a sole provider and will often role play as one online lol

The everyday women we see working in all sectors are not throwing their money into the ocean

Anyway looks like it's playful banter between them

They are not throwing their money into the ocean but they do not spend it on their matrimonial home either, they spend it on the brothers, sisters, father and mother. They'll never use that money to help their husband. They don't even spend their money on themselves, the rather ask their husband for money for hair and makeup and other personal needs.
Liability gender
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Thermodynamics(m): 12:52am On Dec 28, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
Married men especially the ones with kids should spend less time at the gym and help out more at home.

The man deserves to go hungry or better still upgrade his gym membership to cover his dinner since the gym is his first home.

There can't be two adults at home and only one will be sweating on home chores.

This is my two cents and anyone who doesn't feel alright about it should not attack me but please remain single.
The man can help her out only if the financial burden is splited equally, you don't expect a man to do a woman's job while the woman isn't helping the man with his own job.

Nor be only man de show care by supporting the woman with house chores, the woman should also show care by supporting the man financially.
If my wife supports me financially, I'll follow her to cook and clean, but if she is one of those stingy wife who doesn't spend a dime on her matrimonial home, she go do all the house chores herself
, rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Thermodynamics(m): 12:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Richy4:
No be say I wan praise all womenOoo... Honestly some of them dey try...

Imagine returning from a function with the whole family like Church or any outing for that matter, Some of us usually get tired and exhausted...

But Na she go still enter kitchen go fix some thing wey the family go eat... No question asked about it... Where she got those little extra energy to go inside the kitchen and cook since we attended the same function , I can't tell... Some times we men takes some of those little things for granted...

Anyways, I will use this golden opportunity that festive period has offered to salute the women in the house who are doing all things possible to keep their homes... Well-done..

The man can help her out only if the financial burden is splited equally, you don't expect a man to do a woman's job while the woman isn't helping the man with his own job.

Nor be only man de show care by supporting the woman with house chores, the woman should also show care by supporting the man financially.
If my wife supports me financially, I'll follow her to cook and clean, but if she is one of those stingy wife who doesn't spend a dime on her matrimonial home, she go do all the house chores herself
, rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Thermodynamics(m): 12:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Houseofglam7:
The poster above me kiss kiss kiss

, rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by tunjijones(m): 12:56am On Dec 28, 2022
Richy4:

Imagine returning from a function with the whole family like Church or any outing for that matter, Some of us usually get tired and exhausted...

But Na she go still enter kitchen go fix some thing wey the family go eat... No question asked about it... Where she got those little extra energy to go inside the kitchen and cook since we attended the same function , I can't tell... Some times we men takes some of those little things for granted...

Anyways, I will use this golden opportunity that festive period has offered to salute the women in the house who are doing all things possible to keep their homes... Well-done..

Women dey try ooo. Especially my wife.

I know I don't tell her as much as she wants me to te her that she is trying.

Wifey... Make I talk true and forget all this alpha male shit... You are really trying. Am so surprised how you changed from the hangout and shawarma chic immediately we got married to a mother and a helper. You are the best dear...

I see a you do. And I appreciate. I wld try to appreciate you more.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Cutehector(m): 1:20am On Dec 28, 2022
A woman pulls down her home with her own hands.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Richy4(m): 1:42am On Dec 28, 2022
tunjijones:

Wifey... Make I talk true and forget all this alpha male shit... You are really trying. Am so surprised how you changed from the hangout and shawarma chic immediately we got married to a mother and a helper. You are the best dear...

I see a you do. And I appreciate. I wld try to appreciate you more.
The opportunity will present itself on 1st January after breakfast or Lunch... Just tell her how u appreciate her and leave her blushing cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by cococandy(f): 1:53am On Dec 28, 2022
If it were that simple, he would do it himself. Meal planning for a whole family 3x a day is not a joke. Stop the malicious downplaying of traditional female roles.
We know that if traditionally it were a man’s job, y’all would find a way to rank it above everything else. Someone else being responsible for your daily sustenance is not “SIMPLE”

socialmediaman:

I don't remember using the bolded word. I have some friends who do exactly what I described in my original post, and they're housewives by choice, some with advanced degrees. One (a caucasian) cooked a full Nigerian meal with recipe she learned on YouTube when I visited her family for thanksgiving.

A man doesn't even need a woman's help to cook and take care of himself, and vice versa. If he gets married and delegates that job to her, she should be able to handle it. This is tradition and not some big deal abeg. It's just petty to be complaining about duties as simple as cooking and cleaning.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Richy4(m): 2:13am On Dec 28, 2022
NoToPile:

Uncle praise if you want to praise which one be some women dey try. Shey e get any woman wey no dey do the scenerio you described below the bolded?

Have you heard something like this..
Honey can we go and eat out? I am tired..The last thing on my mind is to enter that kitchen and cook besides, we just came back together... Just go and fix something for yourself..

Those type were not on my felicitation group..I always think ahead before I type.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by FBS: 3:50am On Dec 28, 2022
CEOKmotors:

SIMPle man.

The woman too should be doing all the hustling and provisions.

If the man is the sole breadwinner, then helping out with domestic chores should be optional and his choice to make.

You think say to hustle na beans??
That your gif/mem/pic or whatever it was got me ROFL!
So so true! grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by NoToPile: 4:59am On Dec 28, 2022
Richy4:

Have you heard something like this..
Honey can we go and eat out? I am tired..The last thing on my mind is to enter that kitchen and cook besides, we just came back together... Just go and fix something for yourself..

Those type were not on my felicitation group..I always think ahead before I type.. smiley

Yimu so there are women that say the bolded every blessed day? Like everytime? Really? ( Though most women feel that way after a very stressful day-which is practically everyday)

Say the truth and let the devil be ashamed Brother Richy. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by NoToPile: 5:05am On Dec 28, 2022
tunjijones:

I see a you do. And I appreciate. I wld try to appreciate you more

Oya tell her in these exact words cheesy
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by UnimkeAk(m): 5:31am On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

You must be one of those broke, tattered leprechauns for this small comment to have triggered you lmao

Lol, I'm richer than your whole family !!

You can't insult hard working men and you think I'll clap for you guys, what do u guys have to offer except your bacteria infested vaginaaass.

After all men have done for you guys in terms of financial aid..

Get the Bleep out of here.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Tzar(m): 6:10am On Dec 28, 2022
Excellent! This is the best way to treat SIMPS who are not in control of their homes. I will just ask my side chic (who doesn’t need me to cook for/with her) to come deliver my food in my matrimonial home. If I won’t allow her change her flat tire or wash her car, why will any foolish woman do this to her hubby?
No single respect from his wife should be expected. Nigeria is raising all shades of weak men. God forbid the day a woman I married will treat me with this kind of disrespect. I will send her back to her father’s house to learn the basics of how a wife MUST treat her husband to remain married!
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by labelle123(f): 6:23am On Dec 28, 2022
Richy4:

. Thanking you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Ouchbabe(f): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2022
Richy4:

God bless you for this sincere post.
You just described me in your post. I never get tired and I don't know where the energy is coming from.
Have a prosperous new year

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by IamMobisola(f): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2022
socialmediaman:
Her mates abroad are full time housewives cooking, cleaning, shopping, and raising over 4 kids all by themselves without nannies. Still, many have side hustles or part time jobs bringing in extra income. They are called supermoms.

Many Nigerian women are using "wokism" to destroy our family values and traditions
Liar!!!
Her mates abroad don’t do all of that by themselves, rather their husbands help them too. Intact it’s abroad you will see fathers bathing and feeding their kids, putting them to bed and helping with house chores. Marriage is always always 50:50 over there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by zedman1(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2022
Richy4:

Omoh, I don think that thing many times. I can't do half the things my wife does on a daily. Some women strong in a way pass us walahi.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 28, 2022
Time to call in the side chick, that hag needs to be put in her proper place.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by noCAP(m): 7:46am On Dec 28, 2022
simplepee:
Is it just me that doesn’t like company in the kitchen? I prefer cooking ALONE. You can help with other chores but you see kitchen, ha I see it as distraction and I always feel something will go wrong with the food if I have company grin grin.

Watch football and leave my food abeg cheesy.
my type of woman kiss
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Houseofglam7(f): 8:06am On Dec 28, 2022
Thermodynamics:

, rubbish.

You’re not the poster above me…..so keep it moving undecided
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Segun2222: 9:10am On Dec 28, 2022
JeffreyJunior:
Married men especially the ones with kids should spend less time at the gym and help out more at home.

The man deserves to go hungry or better still upgrade his gym membership to cover his dinner since the gym is his first home.

There can't be two adults at home and only one will be sweating on home chores.

This is my two cents and anyone who doesn't feel alright about it should not attack me but please remain single.
the woman should also start helping the man provide for the family, she start doing the heavy liftings, car repairs and services and any other thing men do at home... there are roles in a family if i have to help you in your role you just help me in my role
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Thermodynamics(m): 9:35am On Dec 28, 2022
Houseofglam7:

You’re not the poster above me…..so keep it moving undecided
You don't have any right to tell me what to do, I reply who I want to reply, it's a free world.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by ibkayee(f): 9:42am On Dec 28, 2022
UnimkeAk:

Lol, I'm richer than your whole family !!

You can't insult hard working men and you think I'll clap for you guys, what do u guys have to offer except your bacteria infested vaginaaass.

After all men have done for you guys in terms of financial aid..

Get the Bleep out of here.

Yes yes every street rat posting from a hole somewhere is richer than everyone's whole family grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2022
sharone21:

I personally know FEMALE teachers who do 4 good home lessons( N40000-60000 each) of 1hr each after school to supplement what they earn and most are married.

the difference is that the man is putting down his money to take care of the family while she pockets hers
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by socialmediaman: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
cococandy:
If it were that simple, he would do it himself. Meal planning for a whole family 3x a day is not a joke. Stop the malicious downplaying of traditional female roles.
We know that if traditionally it were a man’s job, y’all would find a way to rank it above everything else. Someone else being responsible for your daily sustenance is not “SIMPLE”

I'm not intending to downplay a traditional female role, but what she did was very wrong, and you're making excuses for her. Women are better than that abeg. Have you even imagined a man giving his wife an empty wallet to take care of herself and the family because she didn't join him at his workplace to earn the money? I'll call that man out as well.

So please focus on the issue and stop trying to lump me into some "y'all" category because I assume you've seen me call men out as well over irresponsible behavior.
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by fohlarp: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sorry woman,u supose split d wrk to dfrnt days,so u dnt get fagd out could be tiring
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by Collins87: 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Women and their attitude! All of them are like that.God forbid those ones. Amen
Re: Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen by 1Sharon(f): 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Okonandmary:

the stat was gotten from nbs

many men are breadwinners in their families while the women keep their money

no man that wants peace of mind shares the bills with a woman

btw, have you ever heard of cutting your coat according to your size, that is what these men are doing
many men also work 2 jobs to support their families.

Is it not Nigerian men in America that have been killing their nurse-wives because she refused to give them her salary??

How breadwinner go dey eye woman salary?

Pls stop the cap.

The Nigerian women that are hawking pepper, frying Akara with their young children, do they look like they're being provided for by their husbands ?

If the men could afford it they wouldn't have their wives and kids in vulnerable situations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Ex Said Her Son Is Mine - Please Advise / Mimi Stevenson: Burn Survivor And Her Two Kids Melt Hearts On Social Media / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.