Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,541 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President (26410 Views)

Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners / Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President / Nigerians Made Huge Mistake Electing Buhari In 2015 – Segun Sowunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by spiralwedge(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2022
Prof chris imumolen is my candidate in the elections.
He is the youngest and the most brilliant out of all them and not the regular politicians like the atiku, obi and BAT
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by davidl7: 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lai-Lai!

Even if everyone wants to vote right to save d nation, the people of the west are too tribalistic to do the right thing!
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by jaxxy(m): 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2022
This guy is too desperate, go and serve in public office 1st u can't just wake up from nowhere and be president.

No past records beside being a professor from god knows where.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by MiaBeer(m): 10:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
b03liberty:
Try to read his profile first.
Don’t go and look for something better to do with your sorry life. Spend all your boring time reading his profile. That’s your business. Now walk off my mention, loser shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by planetbluz: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2022
Oga your phisique is not presidential.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by femlad97(m): 10:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kingzy4real:
Peter Obi represent the face of new Nigeria, we the Youths are sending him to represent us.

Enough of the gerontocratic leadership in Nigeria
it is only in Nigeria someone in 60's, 70's, 80's are called youth...no youth is sending anybody... especially wicked black men that have ones tasted power perform woefully...na so people advocate buhari when he get power..we still fighting the result...black men are trash...we need to give power back our colonials...wise up
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by sunboy(m): 11:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
Bukele is also a young guy… what do you have to say about that lol
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by AlwaysPositive: 12:18am On Dec 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Why we are voting His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

You see why I always advice my fellow Igbo brothers to buy the whole of yoruba land from this lazy lots. Let's buy every property they ever owned, buy their wives and daughters and send this lazy men to hell..... They are too lazy for my liking..

No wonder the 50k urchin job is making them behave like bingos... Because if 50k will make you disrespect people, what will you do when you now see a million naira..
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by AlwaysPositive: 12:19am On Dec 27, 2022
Throwback:
I laugh at this OP.

He does not know that in Nigeria, a 61yr old politician who has been active in the political terrain for 20yrs since 2002, and has been a political prostitute and desperate ticket hunter jumping from party to party without grooming any to greatness nor espousing a well defined ideology / manifesto, is the self acclaimed youth who wants to give us a new Nigeria.

Some deluded youths even claim the 61yr old typical politician is the youth candidate.

See below the delusion I just narrated.

You see why I always advice my fellow Igbo brothers to buy the whole of yoruba land from this lazy lots. Let's buy every property they ever owned, buy their wives and daughters and send this lazy men to hell..... They are too lazy for my liking..

No wonder the 50k urchin job is making them behave like bingos... Because if 50k will make you disrespect people, what will you do when you now see a million naira..
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by AlwaysPositive: 12:20am On Dec 27, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
grin

Yes Nigeria can also repeat USA and even UK example by Electing Ashiwaju Ahmad Bola Tinubu

Between What's youthful about Obi who is 62 years, just 8 years behind Tinubu dear zombidiots?

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by AlwaysPositive: 12:21am On Dec 27, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Don’t waste your vote!

Sell your vote and use proceeds to eat cat fish pepper soup and fresh orange juice!

Why vote for what you certain won’t win!

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by AlwaysPositive: 12:22am On Dec 27, 2022
seguno2:

Global fad for established democracies with strong economies and independent institutions to moderate the inherent incompetence of young presidents.
That is not our case.

How old was Winston Churchill when he was re-elected? How old was Jacques Chirac when he was last re-elected? What of Mahathir in Malaysia and Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore?

Obi endorsed Atiku as a better candidate three years ago, what has changed now except his Pandora looting desperation that made him abandon PDP a few days to the primaries for ideologically opposed LP? What else apart from his desperate attempt to be president

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 27, 2022
AlwaysPositive:

Oinks!
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by AlwaysPositive: 12:45am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Ykc2(m): 12:52am On Dec 27, 2022
People wey no like young president do so because of tinubu not they don't like young energetic president but shame dey catch dem
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by iblawi(m): 4:40am On Dec 27, 2022
Afro3:
Nigeria can repeat the Rishi Sunak and Emmanuel Macron examples by electing a young president -- Accord candidate, Prof. Imumolen

Nigeria can jump on the bandwagon of the ongoing global fad in which a new generation of leaders are taking over the reins of power in many countries of the world by electing a president of youth extraction in next year's general elections.

The recent emergence of 42-year old Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister, exactly five years after France did the same in electing Emmanuel Macron as president, has supported the growing belief that youth is the way to go in a world now fast jettisoning the old order.
Accord presidential candidate, Professor Christopher Imumolen, a youth who is gunning for Nigeria's highest office in next year's presidential elections, says a better signal could not have been sent as to the direction the world is now heading with the latest developments in Britain and France, insisting that it only further reinforced the position he'd often held on the matter.

"Those who have had me talk ceaselessly about the benefits of allowing a young person take the reins of power as Nigeria's president have often wondered why I have been so passionate," Professor Imumolen said on Tuesday.

"But the truth is that we need a new generation of youthful leaders who would be ready to give their all for the overall betterment of this country.
"The emergence of Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister is a significant message to the countries of the world, particularly Nigeria that the era of relegating the youth in the general scheme of things is over.

"If countries like France where Emmanuel Macron has been president since 2017, and Britain with all their experience and technological know-how, can entrust the affairs of their countries in the hands of young, upwardly mobile professionals, then I don't see why we should be different.

"For those who don't know, Macron became president at the age of 39 -- the same age with me -- and has since become the only individual in French history since two decades to win a second term in office after being re-elected in April this year.

"What about Rishi Sunak? He is only 42 and the first person of colour to hold the office of Prime Minister, Britain. These examples clearly buttresses my often held beliefs that we must go the way of the youth if we desire a refreshing change from a chequered past of underachievement as a country.

"So, I'd use this opportunity to once again urge Nigerians to vote me, a youth who is vibrant, mentally sound, healthy and ready to change the status quo and deliver to them the true dividends of democracy.

"I want them to check my profile and make up their minds as we all journey towards 2023. Let's do it the French and British way. Let's vote for youth. Let's vote Professor Christopher Imumolen as Nigeria's next president," he added.
Peter Obi is almost double their age. No young candidate in Nigeria currently.

Secondly, they didn't come from a structureless party. They are both from major rulling parties.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by seguno2: 5:34am On Dec 27, 2022
AlwaysPositive:

Can you please say something intelligent?

While you are doing that, please let us know why you haven’t used your phantom money to educate every Igbo child and provide water for every building, for massive industrialisation and employment to reduce the attractiveness of UGM and other terrorists in the region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by mu2sa2: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2022
LegitAutos01:
Vote Peter Obi
Peter Obi is a criminal hypocrite by masquerading as a youth at 62, just 8 years shy of 70. He has successfully hoodwinked a few young easterners on this, the same way he did with his stupendous stolen wealth until Pandora papers exposed how he's hiding a whopping $500m taken from Nigeria in secret offshore account in his daughter's name. He's ole, barawo, onye oshi combined.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by GoodCane: 7:40am On Dec 27, 2022
doyin01:
Tinubu , atiku and obi cannot all be classified as youths..even Peter obi clocked 60 already....how is 60 years old a youth ??...they should all go and sit down.... no youths among them..

You better vote massively for peter Obi for your complete peace of mind
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Bukola94: 8:26am On Dec 27, 2022
Nazgul:
They should come and elect me I'm young... question is what would I do if I'm elected.

I'll build airports in all the 36 States.

Increase my presidential fleet to 36 planes. One for each state.

Build a gigantic cathedral worth over $150b at also rock.

Every Friday would be nation wide night vigil, goan pray to God, Muslims would pray to Allah.

I would marry a wife from each of the 36 States to prove that I'm for everybody and de-tribalized. Young virgins would be carefully selected from the 36 states for me to choose from.

I'll celebrate carnivals every last Saturday of the month, there would be eating and drinking. Musicians and comedians would grace the occasion.

I'll build churches in every street in the South, and increase tithes to 20%. How can you be paying 10% since Bible time, haba, on behalf of God, I'll increase it to 20%. 10% for the church, 10% for me.

I'll increase weekend to 3 days, we cannot come and kill ourselves, Monday to Thursday is work, Friday to Sunday is rest and religious activities.

This and many more would I do once I'm elected to the office of the president of Nigeria. grin
not bad, u tried. but your idea of marrying 36 wives... u will end up spending our nation common wealth on your wives and maybe loot for their children and grandchildren. this is what will be going on & on
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Emola12(m): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2022
The man not even resemble politician he looks like thug
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Lasgidi90(m): 10:02am On Dec 27, 2022
Ransomware:
No Nigeria cannot! have you seen the level of Stockholm syndrome in this country? the level of tribal and religious bigotry in this country, the sheer number of people who cannot think or act for themselves until they hear from one alfa or one pastor or their traditional ruler before they make a decision?
Before we can fix Nigeria, we have to kill the stupid culture that is holding us back, stupid peer pressure from dead people that we call traditions need to die with the people that it was made for and we create the ones that will suit us in the times we live in.

If we like, let us elect Obi, Tinubu, Atiku together into ASO rock and harness all their ideas, it will not fix Nigeria until we terminate the culture of accepting mediocrity and making excuses for failures or using God and religion as an off-ramp for our failures and laziness.

A politician will open his or her mouth and say that a road will be fixed by God's grace and people will just accept that. God has no business fixing roads, that is the job of the politician, yet people will just swallow that horse shit as if it is normal. These are the things that need to change before Nigeria can even think of electing people based on character.
Woooooow, if only people could understand this intelligent and thought inspiring write up of yours (shakes head).
Kudos to you. You said it all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by MrColdsweat: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2022
Ransomware:
No Nigeria cannot! have you seen the level of Stockholm syndrome in this country? the level of tribal and religious bigotry in this country, the sheer number of people who cannot think or act for themselves until they hear from one alfa or one pastor or their traditional ruler before they make a decision?
Before we can fix Nigeria, we have to kill the stupid culture that is holding us back, stupid peer pressure from dead people that we call traditions need to die with the people that it was made for and we create the ones that will suit us in the times we live in.

If we like, let us elect Obi, Tinubu, Atiku together into ASO rock and harness all their ideas, it will not fix Nigeria until we terminate the culture of accepting mediocrity and making excuses for failures or using God and religion as an off-ramp for our failures and laziness.

A politician will open his or her mouth and say that a road will be fixed by God's grace and people will just accept that. God has no business fixing roads, that is the job of the politician, yet people will just swallow that horse shit as if it is normal. These are the things that need to change before Nigeria can even think of electing people based on character.
Nigerians are killing themselves over culture. They do not know that culture is mass hallucination.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by mmsen: 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
Sunak will be a disaster just as Macron has been. Two very bad examples.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by OkukoIgbo: 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
grin

Yes Nigeria can also repeat USA and even UK example by Electing Ashiwaju Ahmad Bola Tinubu

Between What's youthful about Obi who is 62 years, just 8 years behind Tinubu dear zombidiots?

His hands ain't shaking, he is not urinating on himself and shouting blublabluuu just like an imbecileeuu
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by themanderon: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
grin

How can a 62 yrs old man be 8yrs younger than an 86yr old man?
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 27, 2022
Calculate it, Obi is 78 years or you don't know math again
themanderon:

How can a 62 yrs old man be 8yrs younger than an 86yr old man?
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by BiafraAburi: 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2022
Monkeys everywhere. You have no country, what you have is a z00.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by pedologist(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2022
We're more alike Politically with US than France or UK

Youthful Emmanuel Macron Won French Presidency as Outsider with new Party.

That will never Happen in US or Nigeria.
Nigeria are so much divided by Tribe, Ethnicity and Religion.

US also is divided between Liberals and Conservatives.

Us Vs Them Politics
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by shegzhkn: 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
MT:
Do not just mention Macron and Sunak. Have you heard them speak? They are quality. Do we have many of such youths in Nigeria - deep thinkers and analytical who have been forged for governance. We all know where most of our youths are seriously active.

It is not just about youths in term of age, rather QUALITY!
More about the bolded.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by dynicks(m): 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2022
jeromestarks:

Which movie scene is this pls?
army of the dead!!..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Kills Boko Haram Kingpin, Brother In Kaduna / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad / National Identity Card To Complement Voters Card-buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.