Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President (26409 Views)

Electing A Northerner In 2023 Will Be The Costliest Mistake By Southerners / Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President / Nigerians Made Huge Mistake Electing Buhari In 2015 – Segun Sowunmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by MiaBeer(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Some of these aspirants are parking somewhere and waiting to cash out. They’re what I call highest bidder candidates shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by HydraFeeds(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
It’s not about age ,it’s about performance USA,China and Russia are the top three countries in the world but their president is 80,69 and 70 years respectively.

All the three leading candidates in Nigeria belongs to the same order .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by aycapri(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ko le werk
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nnamdini(m): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
We're voting for Peter Obi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by pargelenis(m): 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sunak was not elected though
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Angelfrost(m): 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
We can only dream of that...!

Such can only happen in a nation with high level of literacy and intelligence!

A nation where people are lettered, smart and wise enough to know that electing leaders goes beyond religion and ethnicity.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Karrrion: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
If only. It's so painful this country with the number of educated folks and amount of wisdom we have, still it will be difficult for such to happen except we all come together and agree to such. I really hope for something like this to happen. It will be great.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by gassbee: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
You guys dont yet understand Nigerian politics, this is naija not Europe
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
Nnamdini:
We're voting for Peter Obi

Don’t waste your vote!

Sell your vote and use proceeds to eat cat fish pepper soup and fresh orange juice!

Why vote for what you certain won’t win!
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by ovie8200: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
It will only happen if the northerners stop playing selfish politic thinking that only people from their region is met for leader. Atiku and Tambuwal are example of the selfishness.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
Success957:
BAT followers will not like this
Lol! They will wail louder than a banshee, and have Low BP.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by LordErrk: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
Can this guy just rest? Does he think we're playing or what?
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Omniman(m): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
Do people really think having someone young is the answer?
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
grin grin BAT followers won't be happy with this and will wail louder than a banshee.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Hohaiiiode(m): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
A strategic push to split votes from young voters for this guy rather than for Peter obi. This push will be so aggressive from now till the election.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Felabrity: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2022
Wetin be this guy problem?
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Felabrity: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
Hohaiiiode:
A strategic push to split votes from young voters for this guy rather than for Peter obi. This push will be so aggressive from now till the election.
lol, he is only popular on nairaland

These guys no fit see 20k votes
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Success957: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
grin
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! They will wail louder than a banshee, and have Low BP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Deepthoughts: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
Afro3:
Nigeria can repeat the Rishi Sunak and Emmanuel Macron examples by electing a young president -- Accord candidate, Prof. Imumolen

Nigeria can jump on the bandwagon of the ongoing global fad in which a new generation of leaders are taking over the reins of power in many countries of the world by electing a president of youth extraction in next year's general elections.

The recent emergence of 42-year old Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister, exactly five years after France did the same in electing Emmanuel Macron as president, has supported the growing belief that youth is the way to go in a world now fast jettisoning the old order.
Accord presidential candidate, Professor Christopher Imumolen, a youth who is gunning for Nigeria's highest office in next year's presidential elections, says a better signal could not have been sent as to the direction the world is now heading with the latest developments in Britain and France, insisting that it only further reinforced the position he'd often held on the matter.

"Those who have had me talk ceaselessly about the benefits of allowing a young person take the reins of power as Nigeria's president have often wondered why I have been so passionate," Professor Imumolen said on Tuesday.

"But the truth is that we need a new generation of youthful leaders who would be ready to give their all for the overall betterment of this country.
"The emergence of Rishi Sunak as Britain's Prime Minister is a significant message to the countries of the world, particularly Nigeria that the era of relegating the youth in the general scheme of things is over.

"If countries like France where Emmanuel Macron has been president since 2017, and Britain with all their experience and technological know-how, can entrust the affairs of their countries in the hands of young, upwardly mobile professionals, then I don't see why we should be different.

"For those who don't know, Macron became president at the age of 39 -- the same age with me -- and has since become the only individual in French history since two decades to win a second term in office after being re-elected in April this year.

"What about Rishi Sunak? He is only 42 and the first person of colour to hold the office of Prime Minister, Britain. These examples clearly buttresses my often held beliefs that we must go the way of the youth if we desire a refreshing change from a chequered past of underachievement as a country.

"So, I'd use this opportunity to once again urge Nigerians to vote me, a youth who is vibrant, mentally sound, healthy and ready to change the status quo and deliver to them the true dividends of democracy.

"I want them to check my profile and make up their minds as we all journey towards 2023. Let's do it the French and British way. Let's vote for youth. Let's vote Professor Christopher Imumolen as Nigeria's next president," he added.
Not just voting any youth,but capable n prepared youth,by the way which age bracket forms the youth?,if you would ask me,the minimum qualifications for any elective post now in Nigeria from councillor above should be a first degree or it's equivalent,but some people no go gree but they will be shouting youth youth all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by seguno2: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2022
Afro3:
Nigeria can repeat the Rishi Sunak and Emmanuel Macron examples by electing a young president -- Accord candidate, Prof. Imumolen

Nigeria can jump on the bandwagon of the ongoing global fad in which a new generation of leaders are taking over the reins of power in many countries of the world by electing a president of youth extraction in next year's general elections.

Global fad for established democracies with strong economies and independent institutions to moderate the inherent incompetence of young presidents.
That is not our case.

How old was Winston Churchill when he was re-elected? How old was Jacques Chirac when he was last re-elected? What of Mahathir in Malaysia and Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore?

Obi endorsed Atiku as a better candidate three years ago, what has changed now except his Pandora looting desperation that made him abandon PDP a few days to the primaries for ideologically opposed LP? What else apart from his desperate attempt to be president
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by phorget(m): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
gaby:
The present Gerontocracy being practiced by the oldies (Gerontocrats) will be child's play when the crop of the majority of our current youths with their mindsets take over.

Na everyday dem do dey do party for inside the Arsehole Rock, popping champagne and smoking loud.

The national reserve na one click of the button dem go take delete am.

Make we softly dey manage these analog thieves for now abeg.

As I posited in some other thread some days ago, we are still hovering at the hunter-gatherer stage of civilization as a society.

We ain't ripe yet for what we dream of as a nation.

Everything make pasaaaa according to my Gahana-Charlie neighbor.

Abi make dem take our national reserves play bet9ja. I sincerely do not trust most of our youths cos their eye too dey shook.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by RestructureNig5: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sunak was appointed not elected. The UK change their leaders without election
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by casualobserver: 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
What has copying the west done for Africa?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by toprealman: 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
Macron is not living up to the hype. The UK gu should not be expected to do much. Let's give him time to prove me wrong. I have my reasons.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by brandsoncharlie: 8:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
MandelaLives:
Let this guy contest for councillorship, and let's see if he wins.
Vote for your grandpa like Tinubu that will rule you from London hospital.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Chelseanababa(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Ogaga87:
Everyday, average Nigeria shouting at the market over price surge..

One man wife then apologize for her husband failure..

The husband with no shame, say average Nigerians should vote for someone who will continue his legacy..

The Lagos Urchin as described by internet users, recently said, people should vote for him for steady power supply and non estimated billing and should not be voted for a second term unless he gives them adequate reason why he failed..

We are wise and I hope we do away with them like CBN did to the old naira note..

Vote OBi

I come in peace

Obi is young at 62 abi? You must be high on something

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Akanbimi: 8:17pm On Dec 26, 2022
Sentiments apart, I've taken time to listen to this guy speak, he doesn't have much to offer. Its not about being a prof or being young.

Go rest bro
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Antai123(m): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2022
How I wish this country could be divided into equal halves, so u take your own half and elect Tinubu to be your President.
CoronaVirusRelo:
Why we are voting His Excellency, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu!

Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by edungene7: 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
grin

Yes Nigeria can also repeat USA and even UK example by Electing Ashiwaju Ahmad Bola Tinubu

Between What's youthful Obi who is 62 years, just 8 years behind Tinubu dear zombidiots?
sharap Tinubus daughter is 61 the grandpa should be around 85
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Lorenahertz(f): 8:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Someone has to first show that it's POssible to change the status quo. And that's where Peter Obi comes in. From Obi, we will start getting it right by Gods grace
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2022
Antai123:
How I wish this country could be divided into equal halves, so u take your own half and elect Tinubu to be your President.

Our unity is our strength.

Dividing Nigeria will never be on the table.
Re: Nigeria Can Repeat The Sunak & Macron Examples By Electing A Young President by Ogaga87(m): 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2022
Chelseanababa:
Obi is young at 62 abi? You must be high on something

I never see your papa poster, abi na sowore born you

However, as a goat taken to stream, I cannot force you to drink water and that's why you should see it as opinion.. I nor force you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Army Kills Boko Haram Kingpin, Brother In Kaduna / Aisha Yesufu: El-Rufai Is A Divisive Bigot, The Insecurity In Kaduna Is Bad / National Identity Card To Complement Voters Card-buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.